"Swords?"
    "It still has pro white."

Team OMRIAIGTWYFEWARTCAE Team RTD
    Twitter: @shawnldewey

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Re: [GP] Denver - Jan 5-6, 2013

Hah, that must be Di's deck - I recognize those islands!

Oh shit, there's a picture of my deck too!

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    Hah, that must be Di's deck - I recognize those islands!
    Yeah, they did a deck tech with him right after.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

A new topic should probaby be started for new playmat discussion.

But I am curious, apparently it is acceptable to use Wizard's art in the page banner but not a playmat.

Could we post the image of the original playmat and people could have the playmat printed individually. Like from Inked Playmats http://www.inkedplaymats.com/products/custom-playmat .

Quote Originally Posted by zeagle View Post
    A new topic should probaby be started for new playmat discussion.

But I am curious, apparently it is acceptable to use Wizard's art in the page banner but not a playmat.

Could we post the image of the original playmat and people could have the playmat printed individually. Like from Inked Playmats http://www.inkedplaymats.com/products/custom-playmat .
    Different uses of copyrighted images are differently acceptable. Wizards allows (and even encourages sometimes) use of images for websites. Wizards has a licensing deal with UltraPro for mats, sleeves, etc. That makes them money, and they want to protect that business.

Inked would have to be stupid to print mats with copyrighted images, but I have already seen mats they printed with obviously copyrighted cartoon characters and such, so maybe they are stupid.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Aug 2011
    Italy

Copyrights are there to protect commercial rights of an asset. As long as we are not selling/making money with theSource mats I think it should be acceptable (aka printing individually).. Also custom playmat businesses are charging you for the printing process not for the image on the mat so I'm not sure how it would interfere with the copyrights.

Quote Originally Posted by bilb_o View Post
    Also custom playmat businesses are charging you for the printing process not for the image on the mat so I'm not sure how it would interfere with the copyrights.
    They are profiting off of someone else's copyright. Staples/generic print shop/etc will turn you away if you bring them obviously copyrighted images to print, or at least that's general policy. You sometimes have to sign something swearing you own the right to the image.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information