Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1180

Thread: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    An interesting take on this deck 5-0'd a recent League. It had 3 Fiery Confluence and a Chandra, ToD main in place of Trinispheres, which were instead in the board. Looks sweet.
    List?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

That's the one. Borrows some aspects from Dragon Stompy.

Hi guys. I have been exclusively playing this deck for like half a year now with my friends. It is clearly the deck I want to play for a long time. I have tried both the Nahiri splash - which I love - and various mono R versions with either Godo/Batterskull, additional Inferno Titans, or Wurmcoil Engines.

One thing that I find super hard with this deck is sideboarding. I sure love Fiery Confluence and some extra nonbasic land hate in Magus of the Moon, but I often have no clue what to take out. In some matchups, Chalice and/or Blood Moon are not very strong, but if I have to board in a lot of cards, I often just take out a little bit of everything, which I'm pretty sure is not how it should be.

I would love to see some of your sideboarding tactics here, as they were only announced in the original post but never posted.

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Awanhyr View Post
    Hi guys. I have been exclusively playing this deck for like half a year now with my friends. It is clearly the deck I want to play for a long time. I have tried both the Nahiri splash - which I love - and various mono R versions with either Godo/Batterskull, additional Inferno Titans, or Wurmcoil Engines.

One thing that I find super hard with this deck is sideboarding. I sure love Fiery Confluence and some extra nonbasic land hate in Magus of the Moon, but I often have no clue what to take out. In some matchups, Chalice and/or Blood Moon are not very strong, but if I have to board in a lot of cards, I often just take out a little bit of everything, which I'm pretty sure is not how it should be.

I would love to see some of your sideboarding tactics here, as they were only announced in the original post but never posted.
    Against deck's with counters I board out all of the Seething Songs generally. I usually replace them with Trinisphere's or Defense Grids. If our spell is going to be countered anyway no sense in losing two cards. I dunno if Moon Stompy has a side boarding primer but I'd imagine there would be a lot of similarity.

Jan 2013

So I brought this steaming pile of garbage to legacy last night:

Creature (17)
    3x Combustible Gearhulk
    4x Draco
    3x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4x Simian Spirit Guide
    2x Sin Prodder
    1x Worldspine Wurm

Land (18)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x City of Traitors
    10x Mountain

Artifact (8)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Chrome Mox
    Sorcery (6)
    4x Erratic Explosion
    2x Undying Flames

Enchantment (7)
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Pyromancy

Instant (4)
    4x Seething Song

Ended the night with a 3-1 record. This deck is NOT good at all. But Holy shit is it fun to play. Turn 1 Erratic Explosion into draco is fucking hysterical.

Matches :

Belcher 2-1

Stax: 1-2

Sneak and Show 2-0

Czech Pile 2-1

I just used the basic sideboard from always. Hence my win against belcher = trinisphere.

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    So I brought this steaming pile of garbage to legacy last night:

Creature (17)
    3x Combustible Gearhulk
    4x Draco
    3x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4x Simian Spirit Guide
    2x Sin Prodder
    1x Worldspine Wurm

Land (18)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x City of Traitors
    10x Mountain

Artifact (8)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Chrome Mox
    Sorcery (6)
    4x Erratic Explosion
    2x Undying Flames

Enchantment (7)
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Pyromancy

Instant (4)
    4x Seething Song

Ended the night with a 3-1 record. This deck is NOT good at all. But Holy shit is it fun to play. Turn 1 Erratic Explosion into draco is fucking hysterical.

Matches :

Belcher 2-1

Stax: 1-2

Sneak and Show 2-0

Czech Pile 2-1

I just used the basic sideboard from always. Hence my win against belcher = trinisphere.
    Scroll Rack.

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfJacks View Post
    Scroll Rack.
    UP YOURS

Well maybe, I'll try it out if I play it again

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    UP YOURS
    You and your empty promises ...

No seriously, I think Scroll Rack would be amazing in this deck. It helps you put Emmys and such from your hand on top, it helps if you don't have a Pyro in your hand, helps you dig a little, which has always been a problem for mono red versions, as we are almost always in topdeck mode.

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfJacks View Post
    You and your empty promises ...

No seriously, I think Scroll Rack would be amazing in this deck. It helps you put Emmys and such from your hand on top, it helps if you don't have a Pyro in your hand, helps you dig a little, which has always been a problem for mono red versions, as we are almost always in topdeck mode.
    I absolutely will try it, Probably drop the 2x flex spots and the 4th emmy. See how it goes. If not just run 2.

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

So I've thinking a lot about griselbrand lately. The only way we can play him is if we sneak him in with sneak attack or through the breach. And the reason we run him is to tutor for our bigs (wurm or Emmy). So wouldn't it make more sense to replace griselbrand for more copies of wurm/emmy? Wouldn't it be better 99.999% of the time to just have the 15/15 in hand as opposed to have to dig? Because every copy of griselbrand you have in hand that you could play, could just be a big that you don't need to tutor for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Empire View Post
    So I've thinking a lot about griselbrand lately. The only way we can play him is if we sneak him in with sneak attack or through the breach. And the reason we run him is to tutor for our bigs (wurm or Emmy). So wouldn't it make more sense to replace griselbrand for more copies of wurm/emmy? Wouldn't it be better 99.999% of the time to just have the 15/15 in hand as opposed to have to dig? Because every copy of griselbrand you have in hand that you could play, could just be a big that you don't need to tutor for.
    Putting Griselbrand in off a Sneak Attack when you're able to activate him twice feels guaranteed to hit a red source and another fatty. That, plus the fact that he also gets to attack for 7 means that when he does land with a Sneak, it's lethal, as opposed to having to wait a turn or more.

I'm trying to play 4 Thought-Knot Seer in main with 4 ancient tomb, 3 city of traitors and 3 eldrazi temple + 3 plateau + 4 arid mesa +1 mountain + 1 plains . It's really cool to play Seer at first/second turn and after Sneak or o TTB. Ancient Chalice at turn one, Seer at turn 2 and Sneak or TTB or Nahiri at turn 3. What do you think about it?

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoal View Post
    I'm trying to play 4 Thought-Knot Seer in main with 4 ancient tomb, 3 city of traitors and 3 eldrazi temple + 3 plateau + 4 arid mesa +1 mountain + 1 plains . It's really cool to play Seer at first/second turn and after Sneak or o TTB. Ancient Chalice at turn one, Seer at turn 2 and Sneak or TTB or Nahiri at turn 3. What do you think about it?
    What are the rest of the cards you are running? Are you playing blood moon?

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

So there was a Big red player that finished in the top 16 (lost on camera round 10?). I would like to take a look at their list (since cardtitan hasn't posted them). Anybody who know he is?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jbone2016; 10-24-2017 at 01:34 AM. Reason: I can't english good

I'm actually playing 3 blood moon +1 in side. Obviously I choose how playing in first round in base of the situation. If I have the combo in hand I could go with Seer and after bloodmoon or direct sneak. However I'm thinking to play bloodmoon only in side, in this case I'm not sure if could be better to use 3 Chaos Warp in maine or 3 defence grid or other cards like Sourcerous Spyglass, very good vs. Wasteland and to know how we can play at second turn. I'm also thinking at Mind Stone that could be better of Eldrazi Temple because in late game with it with can draw a card.

Absolutely NO because grisel could win in the turn of the opponent.... in his upkeep we can play seething and breach at first or second turn and after we can play the land in our turn. In addiction We don't win playing Emrakul at first or second turn with sneak or TTB.

My list:

Lands 17:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Arid Mesa
    3 Plateau
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Mountain
    1 Plains
    1 Eldrazi Temple

Artifact 11:

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Lotus Petal
    3 Mind Stone

Creatures 16:

4 Thought-Knoth Seer
    3 Griselbrand
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Emrakul, The Aeons Torn
    2 Inferno Titan
    2 Worldspine Wurm

Enchantments 7:
    4 Sneak Attack
    3 Blood Moon

6 Instants

3 Seething Song
    3 Through the Breach

Planeswalker 3:

3 Nahiri, the Harbinger

Sideboard 15:

4 Faerie Macabre
    4 Difence Grid
    2 Kozilek's Return
    2 Shattering Spree
    2 Sudden Shock
    1 Blood Moon

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

For the folks running abrade in the sb how has it been working out? I've been a big fan of fiery confluence for awhile now and think abrade looks promising.
    I'm always conflicted between:

volcanic fallout vs kozilek's return (uncounterablity vs mana cost)
    ingot chewer vs shattering spree (having a body vs replicate)

While on the topic of SB choices, why the preference for faerie macabre over surgical extraction? Is it just to be able to play through the chalice?
    Last edited by Fallen_Empire; 11-24-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Jan 2013

For the folks running abrade in the sb how has it been working out? I've been a big fan of fiery confluence for awhile now and think abrade looks promising.
    I'm always conflicted between:

volcanic fallout vs kozilek's return (uncounterablity vs mana cost)
    ingot chewer vs shattering spree (having a body vs replicate)

While on the topic of SB choices, why the preference for faerie macabre over surgical extraction? Is it just to be able to play through the chalice?

Abrade Wails. Seriously card is fantastic.

Fallout VS K-Return. There's a shitpile of death and taxes in my meta. So the all around Mother of runes killer is for me.

Ingot chewer vs Shattering spree. There's no wrong answer here.

Thread Information