Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1174

Thread: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

  1. #1141

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    I really love decks that are all 4x. The only other decks I got that to work in were Dredge and Belcher. Would this be good?

    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Ilharg, the Raze-Boar
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Through the Breach
    4 Worldspine Wurm
    4 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Inferno Titan

    4 Mountain
    4 Snow-covered Mountain
    4 Sandstone Needle
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Seething Song
    4 Simian Spirit Guide

    SB:
    4 Faerie Macabre
    4 Defense Grid
    4 Blood Moon
    3 Trinisphere
    I think 4 blood moon in side is bad..2x goblin cratermaker and 2x abrade is good
    Last edited by caprino; 04-30-2019 at 03:54 AM.

  2. #1142

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    I'm planning on testing this deck out tomorrow. Might stream and might not, depends how I feel tomorrow. I will report back nevertheless.

    I plan to play the combo-oriented list posted by Captain Hammer with the sideboard from Caprino.

    The only note I have right now is that the deck seems pretty soft to white decks, such as Death and Taxes, Eldrazi and Taxes, or Stoneblade with Karakas. Karakas does serious work against the Boar and against Emrakul unless you have Sneak Attack. Similarly, Swords to Plowshares is annoying for Wurm openers. Inferno Titan helps by being annoying to those kind of decks by cleaning up their creatures, and Chalice helps vs StP. I kinda want to play 1-2 Griselbrand in the list to compensate for Karakas and Swords to Plowshares weaknesses because then you can draw 7 and find the right resources to handle those cards. I will probably be doing those over 4th Emrakul and 4th Wurm.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

    My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

    I am the Legacy metagame:

    -2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

  3. #1143

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Wow. This deck is so good.

    Double 4-1 this morning and might play more of the deck going forward!

    Beat Lands, Miracles, Esper Control, Mono Green Cloudpost, UR Delver, Grixis Delver, Eldrazi, 4C Dack (Stryfo)

    Lost to Maverick and RUG Delver.

    Vs Delver decks I was cutting some fatties and 4x TTB to bring in Trinispheres, Defense Grids, Abrade, and Cratermaker to become more prison-like because Inferno Titan and Boar can beat them pretty much by themselves. I left in Sneak Attack to work with the rest of the fatties and because they probably still have to counter Sneak Attack whenever they can. Vs RUG though this plan is worse because Abrade and Cratermaker can't handle their threats other than Delver (TNN, Mongoose, Goyf, Hooting Mandrills).

    Other sideboarding was pretty straightforward. The loss to Maverick was because I kept Inferno Titan hands in two games, but I think if I had mulligan'd more aggressively for a good Sneak Attack start then I might have been better off.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

    My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

    I am the Legacy metagame:

    -2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

  4. #1144

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Wow. This deck is so good.

    Double 4-1 this morning and might play more of the deck going forward!

    Beat Lands, Miracles, Esper Control, Mono Green Cloudpost, UR Delver, Grixis Delver, Eldrazi, 4C Dack (Stryfo)

    Lost to Maverick and RUG Delver.

    Vs Delver decks I was cutting some fatties and 4x TTB to bring in Trinispheres, Defense Grids, Abrade, and Cratermaker to become more prison-like because Inferno Titan and Boar can beat them pretty much by themselves. I left in Sneak Attack to work with the rest of the fatties and because they probably still have to counter Sneak Attack whenever they can. Vs RUG though this plan is worse because Abrade and Cratermaker can't handle their threats other than Delver (TNN, Mongoose, Goyf, Hooting Mandrills).

    Other sideboarding was pretty straightforward. The loss to Maverick was because I kept Inferno Titan hands in two games, but I think if I had mulligan'd more aggressively for a good Sneak Attack start then I might have been better off.
    Nice!!!
    Write you list and side.

    Vs miracle side in and side out?
    Vs delver deck cut 4c ttb and some fatties? Interesting

  5. #1145

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Hit the third 4-1 just now, almost 5-0 but lost close last match. Beat Sneak and Show, Eldrazi, Miracles, Lands and lost to 4C Loam.

    List:
    9 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Sandstone Needle
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Seething Song
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Through the Breach
    4 Ilharg, the Raze Boar
    3 Worldspine Wurm
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Griselbrand
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Inferno Titan

    SB:
    4 Faerie Macabre (better than Leyline in this deck)
    2 Abrade
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Defense Grid
    3 Trinisphere

    Vs Miracles sideboarding:
    +3 Trinisphere, +4 Defense Grid
    -2 Worldspine Wurm, -4 Lotus Petal, -1 Simian Spirit Guide

    Vs Delver I'm just imagining winning the game with 6/6s half the time once you Chalice them. But I could see that being wrong. How do you sideboard vs Grixis Delver / RUG Delver?
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

    My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

    I am the Legacy metagame:

    -2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

  6. #1146

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    My new list in test(no lotus petal main deck)

    4 city of traitors
    4 ancient tomb
    4 sandstone
    8 mountain


    4 ttb
    4 sneak attack
    4 chalice
    4 seething song
    3 trinisphere
    1 fiery confluence

    4 simian
    4 emrakul
    4 worldspine wurm
    4 ilharg
    4 inferno titan

    Side
    4 macabre
    4 defense grids
    3 sudden shock
    2 abrade
    2 goblin crater

    4 1 in league w vs grixis delver, death and taxes, loam, burn... Lose vs goblin

    Very solid list. What do you think?

  7. #1147

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    The list I played felt very solid and never really disappointed me. The only flex slot I can see is trying to fit in one more fatty, probably Griselbrand #3 unless it becomes very important to have an answer to Ensnaring Bridge maindeck, in which case perhaps an Ashen Rider or Woodfall Primus would be good? I see you have a Fiery Confluence which serves that role.

    The list you posted seems fine. Cutting petals is more okay in your version than mine. In my version, if I put in Griselbrand off Sneak I want to have 8 fast mana to draw into to put in another fatty to kill them. So I want 4 Petal 4 SSG but I could see that being a lot for versions that play prison pieces maindeck. Trinisphere did impress me every time I found it so I could see playing it maindeck, but cutting fast mana for it seems not good because turn 1 Trinisphere is the really important play.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

    My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

    I am the Legacy metagame:

    -2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

  8. #1148

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Hit the third 4-1 just now, almost 5-0 but lost close last match. Beat Sneak and Show, Eldrazi, Miracles, Lands and lost to 4C Loam.

    List:
    9 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Sandstone Needle
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Seething Song
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Through the Breach
    4 Ilharg, the Raze Boar
    3 Worldspine Wurm
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Griselbrand
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Inferno Titan

    SB:
    4 Faerie Macabre (better than Leyline in this deck)
    2 Abrade
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Defense Grid
    3 Trinisphere

    Vs Miracles sideboarding:
    +3 Trinisphere, +4 Defense Grid
    -2 Worldspine Wurm, -4 Lotus Petal, -1 Simian Spirit Guide

    Vs Delver I'm just imagining winning the game with 6/6s half the time once you Chalice them. But I could see that being wrong. How do you sideboard vs Grixis Delver / RUG Delver?
    Vs grixis delver rug delver side in 4 defense grid 3 trinisphere... Side out 4 petal 3 song.

    I love trinisphere main deck because my oppo play fow more game target trinisphere turn two and next turn I win for ttb /sneak attack ecc.. Trinisphere vs counter deck is strong main deck

  9. #1149

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Another 4 1 my list no petal main deck

    W vs miracle 2 1...br reanimator 2 1... 5c human 2 1... Lands 2 0...lose 1 2 br reanimator

  10. #1150
    Member
    Fallen_Empire's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2016
    Location

    Seattle, WA
    Posts

    171

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Another 4 1 my list no petal main deck

    W vs miracle 2 1...br reanimator 2 1... 5c human 2 1... Lands 2 0...lose 1 2 br reanimator
    How do you like 4x Sandstone Needle? I've never run more than 2 (and that was when I wanted RR for Chandra). Seems like having multiple lands that come in play tapped might be an issue in multiples. I would be interested in your play testing.

  11. #1151
    Member
    jrw1985's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Kapa'a HI
    Posts

    390

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Oh man, I got Ilharged so hard today. It was awesome. Great addition to this sweet deck.

  12. #1152

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Empire View Post
    How do you like 4x Sandstone Needle? I've never run more than 2 (and that was when I wanted RR for Chandra). Seems like having multiple lands that come in play tapped might be an issue in multiples. I would be interested in your play testing.
    My test 4x sandstone is good, I like turn 1 sandstone turn two tomb/city sneak /song ttb ecc...is good vs spell pierce, daze ecc...

    Is no good for example turn 1 city chalice and sandstone in hand. Today I play another league and write a report

  13. #1153

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Today 4 1 in league.
    I change in side - 2 defense grid +2 moon

    W vs miracle, elf, bug, maverick... Lose death and taxes

  14. #1154

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    My win rate has decreased dramatically since returning to the Vancouver mulligan rule (scry rule) from the London mulligan rule. Past three leagues are 3-2, 2-3, 2-3 for less than 50% win rate.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

    My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

    I am the Legacy metagame:

    -2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

  15. #1155

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    My win rate has decreased dramatically since returning to the Vancouver mulligan rule (scry rule) from the London mulligan rule. Past three leagues are 3-2, 2-3, 2-3 for less than 50% win rate.
    My win rate from London Mulligan is 4 1 - 4 1- 3 2
    From Vancouver mulligan is 4 1- 4 1

  16. #1156

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    I switched my list around:

    Mainboard:
    -4 Chalice of the Void
    +4 Trinisphere

    Sideboard:
    -3 Trinisphere
    -1 Defense Grid
    +4 Chalice of the Void

    Trinisphere is much better in the dark out of this deck than Chalice IMO. The decks with Swords to Plowshares have answers to Chalice or our threats anyway. Playing Trinisphere on turn 1 is pretty easy when you have 4 Petal and 4 SSG, and very high impact on the play. Post-board I can still have Chalices, Trinispheres, and Grids vs blue decks.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

    My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

    I am the Legacy metagame:

    -2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

  17. #1157

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    I switched my list around:

    Mainboard:
    -4 Chalice of the Void
    +4 Trinisphere

    Sideboard:
    -3 Trinisphere
    -1 Defense Grid
    +4 Chalice of the Void

    Trinisphere is much better in the dark out of this deck than Chalice IMO. The decks with Swords to Plowshares have answers to Chalice or our threats anyway. Playing Trinisphere on turn 1 is pretty easy when you have 4 Petal and 4 SSG, and very high impact on the play. Post-board I can still have Chalices, Trinispheres, and Grids vs blue decks.
    Do you play 2x griselbrand main deck?

  18. #1158
    Member
    mistercakes's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2009
    Location

    Berlin
    Posts

    1,992

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Turn 1 trin is also a game 1 bye vs Storm and likely reanimator, assuming you have a follow up clock. Maybe vs Storm you don't even need that quickly.
    -rob

  19. #1159

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Yes, I stuck with the 2x Griselbrand, 3x Worldspine, 3x Emrakul package for that.

    I also tried -4x Inferno Titan to go to 4x Griz, 4x Worldspine, 4x Emrakul because Inferno Titan hasn't been too impressive.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

    My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

    I am the Legacy metagame:

    -2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

  20. #1160

    Re: Big Red (Mono-R Sneak Attack)

    Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Yes, I stuck with the 2x Griselbrand, 3x Worldspine, 3x Emrakul package for that.

    I also tried -4x Inferno Titan to go to 4x Griz, 4x Worldspine, 4x Emrakul because Inferno Titan hasn't been too impressive.
    You side 4 chalice 4 macabre 2 goblin crater 2 abrade 3 defense grid right?

    Main deck 4 inferno titan 4 ilharg? Mana 9 mountain 4 city 4 tomb 2 sandstone 1 vein?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)