Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfalls (RUG Cascade!)

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Re: Waterfalls (RUG Cascade!)

Nice list! I second almost anything you've said about the fair decks, while I'm a little surprised of your good performance against combo: it's not an impossible matchup but I've always find it difficult.

If I were you, however, I'd find room for 4 brainstorm simply because it's too powerful to pass.
    Maybe instead of jitte, one Liliana, library and something else.

Playing brainstorm also lets you include 3 force of will in the side.
    Ignorance is strength

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by hobart View Post
    This is a bit philosophical, but one inherent advantage we have over combo decks forever is that fair decks are more consistent in what they do. I can win drawing almost any of my spells and lands and turning them sideways. I have to mulligan less and my mulligans are way better. We know exactly what our opponent is trying to do with his combo, hence almost perfect sideboarding. They don't know what kindof hate that we are bringing in, so they have to guess at hate for our hate (and this always slows them down). I play alot of combo myself, but recently I've been on the fair train (with shardless mostly in tourneys) and my combo opponents mull so often and unless their hands are the nuts they just fold to a discard spell and a wasteland.
    Yes, this is right and it's quite an interesting aspect I never really give enough time to think about it.
    Otoh, combo has a potential for those extremely quick wins, so it's not like you're that much above the decks like ANT or SnT that may easily win on turn2 with a brutal backup.

Quote Originally Posted by hobart View Post
    Anyhow, what do you guys think of this BGRu version?
    I like it. Really like it. My only question is: why just 2 Wastelands? I'd love to see one more in there. Is the third Bayou necessary?

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Sneak and Show and Elves are extraordinarily consistent, much more consistent than a deck with 7 cascade spells and no Forces, I think that's a really bad way of looking at the game.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    Sneak and Show and Elves are extraordinarily consistent, much more consistent than a deck with 7 cascade spells and no Forces, I think that's a really bad way of looking at the game.
    Not to derail the thread completely, but what I read was this:
    Most of aggro-control decks are more consistent than most of combo decks. And I still think that it's true, although exceptions exist. Elves were the first deck that came to my mind, but I didn't even wrote about it, as I didn't feel like I should start a battle over MtG semantics, as Elves are more like a monogreen Ichorid, a very aggro-ish combo deck. (and far less reliable, imho.)

/ot

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    My only question is: why just 2 Wastelands? I'd love to see one more in there. Is the third Bayou necessary?
    I may try again tonight with another wasteland and one less Bayou. I'm very conservative with my mana and the thought of having a 4 color deck with colorless lands scares me. I NEED 2 black mana by turn 3 and often would like it by turn 2, I NEED green mana by turn 2, and I often NEED blue mana turn 1. My first version of the build had nothing but fetches and duals, but the power level of wasteland is too high to ignore completely, especially in a deck with 4 Deathrite Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK
    I agree with elves, since even if you don't draw one of many enablers (glimpse, GSZ, NO) your deck still makes dudes that have lots of synergy and they can actually attack if needed. I would not say that Sneak and Show is "extraordinarily consistent". It has nice filters and protection, and it's an incredibly strong deck. But it still just has 8 fatties and 8 enablers. If you don't draw an enabler your deck does NOTHING. If you don't draw a fatty your deck does NOTHING. If I play a cascader and hit something irrelevant at least i'm still pounding the face for 2 each turn after.

So I tweaked my original list slightly and ran this one at my local weekly:

Creatures: 15

4x Shardless Agent
    4x Tarmagoyf
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    3x Bloodbraid Elf

Spells: 16

4x Ancestral Vision
    4x Abrupt Decay
    1x Lightning Bolt
    3x Fire/Ice
    4x Hymn to Tourach

Artifacts: 1

1x Umezawa’s Jitte

Enchantments: 1

1x Sylvan Library

PlanesWalkers: 4

4x Liliana of the Veil

Lands: 23

4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Bloodstained Mire
    3x Wooded Foothills
    2x Underground Sea
    3x Bayou
    2x Taiga
    2x Badlands
    2x Tropical Island
    2x Wasteland

Sideboard: 15

3x Thoughtseize
    1x Nihil Spellbomb
    1x Surgical Extraction
    2x Grafdigger’s Cage
    2x Golgari Charm
    1x Null Rod
    1x Pithing Needle
    2x Duress
    1x Dread of Night
    1x Engineered Plague

The main change was the addition of Fire/Ice. Always one of my favorite cards from back in the day, and it just seemed like a much better cascade then Lightning Bolt. I only kept the one bolt in to try lower the curve just a bit.

Round 1 vs BUG delver:
    Game 1 - He's on the play, has the delver 1st turn with daze, hymn, fow, and wasteland to back it up, totally tempos me out and by the time I can answer it he has a tombstalker to finish me off.
    Sideboard: nothing
    Game 2 - Turn 1 suspend visions, he has slow cantrippy start, I attempt to waste a land but see a suprise stifle. But that's ok, I land the first threat with goyf, and then my visions resolves eventually and I draw into all the threats (including Jitte) and removal and he dies.
    Game 3 - He gets Turn 1 delver again, but this time I have the Deathrite turn 1 and he has no answer. I am able to get enough mana going to get shardless and bloodbraid cascades going. He misses a land drop, I waste something and then blow him out.
    1-0
    Round 2 vs Some kindof janky BGW Graveyard deck:
    Game 1 - I'm on the play. I get Deathrite down turn 1, he follows with swords. He gets a deathrite down, I abrupt decay. I'm feeling great as I get to cascade into Liliana and all he has is a Putrid Imp and Bloodghast and pretty much no pressure. All off a sudden, he plays Buried alive, gets 3 Vengvines into the graveyard, and then uses madness to cast a few Rootwallas bring back the Vengvines and he beats my face in. He's able to wasteland me off of green which actually kills many of the cards in my hand that can maybe deal with the situation.
    Sideboard:
    -4 Hymn to tourachs (he has too many cards that seem like they want to be in the graveyard)
    +2 Grafdigger's Cage
    +1 Nihil Spellbomb
    +1 Surgical Extraction
    Game 2 - I drop a cage early, and his Bloodghasts and rootwalls and Putrid Imps are no match for my removal and card advantage. I belive I was able to fire a bloodghast and a rootwalla in one turn and it felt awesome!
    Game 3 - Similiar to game 2, I drew a hate piece in Spellbomb, made him play fair for a bit, and a wasteland severely backed him up, pretty easy game.
    2-0
    Round 3 vs Burn: I do not expect to be competitive in this matchup.
    Game 1 - I have all the removal for Lavanmancers and Eidelons, I cast a hymn to tourach, and at some point he needs to waste a burn spell on deathrite or it is going to gain me some life. I barely race him with large goyf and win at 2 life as he topdecks a land.
    Sideboard: I really have nothing here unfortunately, also, if he didn't have all 4 PoPs mainboard he's certaintly got them now.
    -4 Ancestral Visions
    -1 Sylvan Library
    +2 Duress
    +2 Golgari Charm
    +1 Pithing Needle
    Game 2 - He leads with Lavamancer turn 1, I pithing needle him. He follows up with Eidelon, I golgari charm him. He burns my face a bit, then I drop a lili. Not even close to enough. He Prices me for 6, then prices me for 8 the next turn, GG.
    Game 3 - I decent hand with 2 mana removal, goyf, and hymnn. Unfortunately he hs turn 1 goblin guide, turn 2 Eidelon, so, while stuff gets removed eventually, I'm forced to tap out to do it, and it still all does damage to me. Meanwhile, hes resolving rift bolts and chain lightnings with his mana, PoPs me for 8 and then finishes me with anything in his deck.
    2-1
    Round 4 vs Elves!:
    Game 1 - I am on the play, which is huge, since it enables me to go tit for tat answering his creatures with my removal for a few turns, and this is right where I want to be. I think I fired a Heritage druid and a dryad arbor at one point. Later, we are both low on cards but I drop a bloodbraid elf cascading into Liliana and it takes over the game.
    Sidboard:
    -4 Ancestral Vision
    -1 Sylvan Library
    +2 Grafdigger's Cage
    +2 Golgari Charm
    +1 Engineered Plague
    Game 2 - I get the all removal hand with double abupt decay and golgari charm. So, I kill pretty much all his stuff but he's been mini glimpsing so he still has some gas and I'm pretty much out. I topdeck Jitte with a ton of mana and nothing else on board, I decide to play it. I start wishing I can draw a cascader off the top, and BAM my deck loves me as I topdeck the bloodbraid elf, cascade into Lili again, and then equip the Jitte on to my elf and crushinate the board.
    3-1
    Top 4 vs Burn again (Boo!)
    Game 1 - steal this one again somehow. I land some deathrite shamans, he drops a sulfuric vortex hoping to turn off thelife game, but then I drop a goyf and win the race with some help from the shamans.
    Sideboard: This time I decide the ancestral vision is slightly better than pithing needle.
    -3 Ancestral Vision
    -1 Sylvan Library
    +2 Duress
    +2 Golgari Charm
    Game 2 - He starts out with goblin guide beating my face, my removal takes a couple of turns to get going. I hymn to tourach and hit Geurilla Tactics! Wow the technology is right out of 1994. It's a blowout from here.
    Game 3 - Similiar blowout, this one with multiple Price of Progress.

Hey at least I cashed! All together I'm really happy with the deck. The Fire/Ice was amazing all day and I'm so glad I had them in the deck. I don't see why this card isn't played more in Legacy these days. It kills almost every creature in the format (see disfigure) for 2 mana, and it sometimes 2 for 1's. The deck was a ton of fun to play, and all the non burn matchups felt real comfortable. The worst matchups for this deck are probably mono red type strategies, namely burn and Bloodmoon decks. I spent some time thinking about decent sideboard cards for this but I really couldn't think of any. If you guys have suggestions let me know.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Versus burn I found counterbalance to be very good, granted that I play 3 sensei's divining top main deck.

Versus blood moon decks I play 3 basics, and even krosan grip is viable.
    Ignorance is strength

Sep 2012
    USA

Have you ever gave Mox Diamond a thought?

Like the list right now, I ran a JUNK colored list that utilized 3 Mox's. I didn't think it would win much but its aggression that the Mox allowed for was pretty outstanding. On the play I don't recall losing, on the draw it just evened out the field. A slightly simpler....without testing....just fun list (my take).

Creatures 15
    3 Bloodbraid Elf
    4 Shardless Agent
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Deathrite Shaman

Spells 16
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Hymn to Tourach

Planeswalkers 4
    4 Liliana of the Veil

Artifacts 2
    2 Mox Diamond

Lands 23
    3 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Badlands
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Wooded Foothills

God rid of the Wastelands just to test for pure consistency. Added Mox Diamond in favor of Jitte/Library. Grant it I doubt the diamonds will stick, as if we don't see them in the opener its near pointless..however 3 could be worth a shot. Anyway, its a fun deck, lots of ways to go with it. I think I really like that it steps away from the BUG side of things and goes more into the JUND side of things.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Mox diamond is something that I've never thought of and I can see its merits in the starting seven. However seems like a terrible top deck (and your list has many others like tourach when opponent is hellbent or visions when you are in a hurry) and even worst as a cascade target... :-(
    Ignorance is strength

Sep 2012
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    Mox diamond is something that I've never thought of and I can see its merits in the starting seven. However seems like a terrible top deck (and your list has many others like tourach when opponent is hellbent or visions when you are in a hurry) and even worst as a cascade target... :-(
    It being a possible cascade target is huge. When I ran it in that fun JUNK build obviously there was no cascading going on. It also gave bonus points for Goyf if I ended up finding the other.

On that note however, Jund typically runs 4 and 4 thoughtseize and Hymn, but that doesn't it from doing its thing.

I ran my Waterfalls deck again at the last local, went 3-1 for Top 4 and split the cash. Same list as before:

Creatures: 15

4x Shardless Agent
    4x Tarmagoyf
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    3x Bloodbraid Elf

Spells: 16

4x Ancestral Vision
    4x Abrupt Decay
    1x Lightning Bolt
    3x Fire/Ice
    4x Hymn to Tourach

Artifacts: 1

1x Umezawa’s Jitte

Enchantments: 1

1x Sylvan Library

PlanesWalkers: 4

4x Liliana of the Veil

Lands: 23

4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Bloodstained Mire
    3x Wooded Foothills
    2x Underground Sea
    3x Bayou
    2x Taiga
    2x Badlands
    2x Tropical Island
    2x Wasteland

Sideboard: 15

3x Thoughtseize
    1x Nihil Spellbomb
    1x Surgical Extraction
    2x Grafdigger’s Cage
    2x Golgari Charm
    1x Null Rod
    1x Pithing Needle
    2x Duress
    1x Dread of Night
    1x Engineered Plague

Round 1 beat miracles 2-1: They can't hang with the card advantage and steady beats, just had to not overextend into a terminus ofcourse
    Round 2 beat Elves 2-0: Way too much removal md and then in comes grafdiggers and golgari charms and engineered plague after sb, making it even more lopsided
    Round 3 lost to a Burning Reanimator type deck 1-2: Both losses were to turn 1 Griselbrand with me on the draw, I'm pretty sure no non-blue decks can ever expect to beat this, so I'm not suprised or upset.
    Round 4 was the most compelling, beat RG Lands 2-0: I have no business winning game 1, but I'm able to find a 2nd deathrite soon after I throw my first one away to forgetting a Tabernacle trigger, and I use it to shut down his engine. Game 2 was the luckiest I've probably ever been in tournament Magic - He get's a pretty early Marit Lage in play and even wastes me a turn setting me back. I have fire/ice to stall for one turn tapping the massive flier down. I have no Lilianas in hand but I have multiple Bloodbraid elves (and 3 lands in play). After cycling the Ice to keep me alive I rip the 4th land on my draw step to cast Bloodbraid, it flips a few lands over and then a Liliana! My opponent was stunned and so was I. I get the Marit Lage off the table and with the haste elf I'm able to clock him fast enough to prevent him from resetting the Lage with his engine online.
    In the just for fun Top 4 round I played against Death and Taxes. The non sideboard games were real tough as I'm very susceptible to wasteland and THalia. After sideboard I had enough lower curve removal to get the hatebears under control and win easily.

I've disassembled the deck and don't plan on playing it again for a while, but my impressions of it are high. This is a legitimate deck. I don't think I'd ever play it over my Shardless BUG control deck in a serious tournament, simply because I like the safety net of Force of will and I like to run at least one basic to help with a resolved Blood Moon. I do think in terms of raw power this deck is at least as strong as the stock Jund lists, and probably even better at doing what Jund is trying to do. It is, however, shakier on the mana base, as I don't think it can run any basics and it will pretty much always lose to a resolved bloodmoon. Thanks for reading!

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Is anybody else psyched about the new Dead Drop for this deck? It's a mainboard answer to Nemesis and acts as a 1-sided board wipe for 9B with Delve. It is interesting to note how it cannot be cascaded into and easily splashed (unlike Liliana).
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Hey All,

I've been toying with 4 colour cascade as well. I was looking into different split cards and came upon Rise//Fall. Fall is worse than hymn since it can't hit lands, but Rise makes it so it isnt a dead draw/cascade later in the game. What do you guys think of it?

I've always liked Rise//Fall and I think it's a good card. It could work in a shell like this.

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Everyone,

I think I'm going to get back to playing this deck. I love it too much and it feels like it occasionally just gets free wins and its super awesome fun!

I've noticed the move from Force of Wills to a more targeted discard package (4x hymns). Do you think this is reasonable with treasure cruise/dig through time showing up in a lot of decks? If someone rips a treasure cruise a few turns after they have been hymned, it won't be terribly difficult with them to get right back in the game.

Also, I think that clever impersonator might have a home in this deck as a 1 of. Thoughts? (Too bad he can't copy a bloodbraid elf & trigger cascade. :-(

hobart
    I've always liked Rise//Fall and I think it's a good card. It could work in a shell like this.
    Yeah I gotta say I am really liking it. I think it works better in FoW version since it isnt as good as Hymn early at slowing down your opponent(and it can be pitched to fow too). In a game vs RUG Delver last night, I was at 5 he was at 15 and we both just had a goyf on the field. I top deck'd Rise/Fall, Cast Rise returning his goyf to his hand and my bloodbraid from the graveyard. Cast BBE and cascaded into another Goyf. I ended up winning the game in a couple of turns

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    Everyone,

I think I'm going to get back to playing this deck. I love it too much and it feels like it occasionally just gets free wins and its super awesome fun!

I've noticed the move from Force of Wills to a more targeted discard package (4x hymns). Do you think this is reasonable with treasure cruise/dig through time showing up in a lot of decks? If someone rips a treasure cruise a few turns after they have been hymned, it won't be terribly difficult with them to get right back in the game.

Also, I think that clever impersonator might have a home in this deck as a 1 of. Thoughts? (Too bad he can't copy a bloodbraid elf & trigger cascade. :-(
    Me personally, I play FoWs and Rise/Fall and Hymn, and keep the thoughtseizes in the SB . However, this is mostly due to my other deck being Jund so I play Cascade when I feel I need FoWs (got Belcher and a few other combo decks in my small meta lately). I have been thinking about a 1 or 2 Dig Through Time in this deck too. Fishing for a cascade card seems awesome.

Clever Impersonator is cool, but its too bad you can cascade into him

I played a deck like this for fun on cockatrice some.

1cmc Ancestral Visions, Deathrite Shaman, Brainstorm, Lightning Bolt, Sensei
    2cmc Tarmogoyf, Baleful Strix, Coiling Oracle, Sylvan Library
    3cmc Shardless Agent, Domri Rade
    4cmc Bloodbraid Elf

It was pretty good against other fair decks. The card advantage is insane and Domri does a lot of work with the creature base.

Combo matchups required sideboarding 4 Force of Will which is actually easy to pitch to since Strix, Oracle, Shardless are all blue.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Since Waterfalls is an excellent deck against Miracles, Delver decks, and Elves, I think it is well positioned for the current metagame. With everyone on the Treasure Cruise bandwagon, a fair cascade deck sounds devastating. I currently play something very similar to the opening post with some minor tweaks that I am testing before I update the thread.

The list:

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Shardless Agent
    3 Bloodbraid Elf

3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Izzet Charm
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will

4 Ancestral Visions
    1 Toxic Deluge

3 Wasteland
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    //SB
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Swan Song
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Null Rod
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Flex Slot

What are everyone's thoughts on Izzet Charm as the 17th and 18th blue cards for the main? With our low counterspell count, I find Izzet charm to be a necessity while also being decent removal. The looting effect is very potent in grindy games when lands are piling up in our hand or simply to ditch excessive Visions when we are pressed for time. I played Fire // Ice for the longest time in that slot but I find 4 Bolts, 3 Decays, and 1 Deluge to be a lot of removal already. Nemesis is another blue card I played instead for a while but I ended up cutting them because they often felt win-more. Nemesis also has poor synergy with the -1/-1 effects we use to kill opposing Nemesis. I find it easier to combat Nemesis than to abuse him. The only card left that can be potentially better than Izzet Charm, in my opinion, is Ponder. Ponder is a great card in its own right and is always a safe choice. The questions that remain are: is Izzet Charm's unique combination of abilities mandatory to the deck's fluidity? Would Ponder play a similar or better role?

What do you guys think about Creeping Tar Pit vs. Wasteland? I like Wasteland because It leads to the ocasional blowout, comes into play untapped for maximum tempo plays, and deals with cards we have no other angles of disruption against. Creeping Tar Pit definitely has its merits and can take over the long, grindy games. The little manland is a great mana sink and pressures Planeswalkers like Liliana and Jace but isn't very good in multiples. Since I've gotten rid of the 4th Wasteland and Nemesis altogether in this deck, I feel a little more vulnerable to Punishing Fire and I must rely heavily on Goyf and Wasteland to win against decks like Jund. For these reasons I hesitate to add a singleton Tar Pit instead of the 3rd Wasteland. Perhaps it would be better than the Taiga as I rarely find myself fetching for it. I can definitely imagine scenarios where I would want it though (Island + Udg Sea for example). Bayou is probably the weakest of the bunch because the scenario it fixes doesn't enable Abrupt Decay or Golgari Charm (Island + Volcanic). It is only useful in enabling DRS activations and Toxic Deluge on a land screw or Thoughtseize and EPlague in postboard games. I really like the manabase as it is but I would definitely appreciate the unblockable manland. Are the potential benefits of Creeping Tar Pit worth the potential drawbacks?

What do you think the last SB slot should be? I have been shifting between Sylvan Library, Scavenging Ooze, and Umezawa's Jitte.

-Library is a good card for all occasions. It grabs extra cards, sets up cascades, and filters draws. My issue with the card is that it isn't a "sideboard" card. If anything, it should be played in the main because it is so versatile. However, the deck generates lots of card advantage over the course of a long game and the effects of Library are often not all that necessary. I love the card against Miracles but the matchup is already very good as it is.

-Ooze is great because it is applicable in almost every matchup while also hosing some decks. He can deal with Punishing Fire and gives a really hard time to decks like Lands, Reanimator, Dredge, and Loam decks where Grafdigger's Cage isn't always good. Ooze also has the added benefit of being an incredible mana sink later in the game and a source of life gain against decks like UR Burn. You can be sure he won't let any Treasure Cruises resolve easily either.

-Jitte is Jitte. It does everything if you can swing with it. It is a great card to have in your sideboard because lots of decks only pack artifact destruction in their sideboard and won't be expecting it G2 and/or G3. This card is always good in every fair matchup and will give you a firm grip over decks like Elves and Burn. The only thing I dislike about Jitte is bringing it in against a fair deck using Stoneforge such as Deathblade and DnT because I also like to bring in Null Rod.

I'll be looking forward to your replies!
    Last edited by Qweerios; 10-23-2014 at 02:43 AM.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

I like Izzet Charm for its versatility. I dont really think you need Ponder, but a 1 of Sylvan Library or Scroll Rack or something might be worth trying.

In terms of SB, I definitely think Jitte needs to be in there. I actually run mine in the mainboard, and am rarely sad to see it. 1-2 Scooze is definitely a good idea as well. I think with the Izzet Charms main, you don't really need both the swan songs and flusterstorms in the sideboard, so you could make room there by reducing one of those.

For Wasteland vs Tarpit, it's hard to say. I actually don't run wastelands right now just because the mana base is so tight and needs a lot of coloured mana. How often do you find yourself colour screwed?

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Combo decks being our hardest matchups, i highly value what little counterspells we have. Against SnT and Storm in particular I can't afford to rely on an Izzet Charm to prevent them from going off. Charm with Flusterstorm however, is another story.

My current manabase has been treating me well. I have access to 17 blue, 15 green, 14 black, and 14 red sources respectively. Wasteland's colorless mana is useful too because it can used to cast 12 of my spells starting at a CMC of 2.

Not having Jitte greatly troubles me but you have to look at the opportunity cost. Jitte is a lot of added value in a lot of matchups but what it is not is an essential hate piece. Outside of the 8 dedicated combo disruption cards in my SB, you have the following:

Ancient grudge as an out to Batterskull and hoser against artifact decks.

Golgari charm as cascadable TNN removal, and an essential board wipe against Elves and DnT. This versatile card even has other fringe applications.

Engineered plague as a hoser against tribal decks and DnT (humans), TNN answer and prevention tool. Plague is also one of the few cards to fully deal with cards like Argothian Enchantress and Lingering Souls.

Grafdigger's cage as one of my few GY hate cards with the added benefit of hosing every tutor in Elves and various Nat Order decks. Can also be used against Storm decks to prevent Past in Flames.

Pithing needle as one of my only disruption against Dark Depths type decks with the added benefits of shutting down Sneak Attack, Sensei's Divining Top, and any Planeswalker.

Null Rod as one of my only permanent disruption against Storm. Debilitates Stoneforge decks and hoses every artifact based decks. Can also be used to shut down Sensei's Divining Top.

Scavenging Ooze as one of my few GY hate cards. My only answer to Loam decks or any deck with Punishing Fire. He hoses lands and is relevant in nearly every matchup.

The most narrow cards out of all of the above is probably Grafdigger's Cage because it is the most matchup-specific and is only really good against Dredge, Reanimator, and Elves. I wouldn't remove a card like Golgari Charm or EPlague for Jitte because losing cards against cards that shut down Jitte in the first place sounds counterproductive (TNN, Mom, Symbiote). Like Cage, at least Jitte is good against Elves and somewhat acceptable against Dredge (can exiles Bridges).

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Thread Information