Page 211 of 338 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Emrakul503 View Post
    I was the black guy with the curly hair wearing all black standing over your shoulder all weekend. Circle of Protection + Leyline of Sanctity vs Burn was also disgusting
    Ya man I remember seeing you.. I was ready for this tournament, just had a tough Day 2 - I think I made a few mistakes that didn't cost me the game so i'm happy overall! Just lost to heart of the cards :)

I'll a guide for this list and explain why I play the cards I do instead of the others. Later! Also stream it at twitch.tv/ehhhhhhh after work

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...sts-2015-11-08

This is the List - Unfortunately I only made 41st place or something like that (had a rough day 2 losing to > 2 Shardless Bug in game 3, 4c Delver w/ PoP [amazing start vs garbage start] and then losing to Death and Taxes w/ Magus of the Moon [Also should've won game 1 with 7 top looks to find 5 or 6 outs and no land in my deck]

I'll answer any questions tomorrow i just got home and i'm going to watch some football after work :P

my buddy also was undefeated [Fred] with the Goblin Moon Deck we dodged each other throughout the tournament .. very lucky lol
    So why no Candelabras? Is it due to the overadundance of shardless bug and abrupt decay?

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    So why no Candelabras? Is it due to the overadundance of shardless bug and abrupt decay?
    Candle is only good with repeal imo, and it does nothing without cloudpost in the deck. Not a fan in this build but you can try it :P (abrupt decay targets is a thing aswell)

Dec 2013
    Europe

Ya man I remember seeing you.. I was ready for this tournament, just had a tough Day 2 - I think I made a few mistakes that didn't cost me the game so i'm happy overall! Just lost to heart of the cards :)

I'll a guide for this list and explain why I play the cards I do instead of the others. Later! Also stream it at twitch.tv/ehhhhhhh after work
    Would like to watch the stream, can you do a small hint when it's online? And maybe a few thoughts for the combo - MUs?

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    Would like to watch the stream, can you do a small hint when it's online? And maybe a few thoughts for the combo - MUs?
    Small hint ? I'm not sure what you mean but yeah i'll explain it tonight if you join in

Dec 2013
    Europe

Small hint ? I'm not sure what you mean but yeah i'll explain it tonight if you join in
    Not sure, is it an online stream or will it stay avaible to watch later as well? "Small hint" like it will be on in 2 hours from now on or so ;-)

Not sure, is it an online stream or will it stay avaible to watch later as well? "Small hint" like it will be on in 2 hours from now on or so ;-)
    i work until 6pm today so maybe 7pm (PST)

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

After repeated tries with UG, UR, UGR, UW, UGW, UWR, in the current meta, I am experimenting with -U builds. much tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    After repeated tries with UG, UR, UGR, UW, UGW, UWR, in the current meta, I am experimenting with -U builds. much tragedy.
    UG seems optimal in combo heavy metas, but to be less optimal in metas full of tempo and midrange control

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Looks like my local Tuesday meta is also gravitating towards combo as well.
    Of the 14-16 people, there were 3-4 burn decks? Beatable but Ughh!

I also played against D&T yesterday. Game 3, I got my primetime EOT STP'ed into a cataclysm.... double Ughh. {I didn't recovered from that one.}

On a bright note, the amount of times where I hard cast Nulamog and my opponent just quits on the spot keeps increasing.

i'll be on today / right now

Jan 2015
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    What did UR look like? I am slowly picking up the cards for this deck, owning Volcanics but no Trops

i'll be on today / right now
    I am watching some coverage right now from your round 10 vs Shardless. Did I notice after liliana ultimate, you had 2 mana floating and you crop rotate, then he goes straight to combat and attacks you? Did they not let you go back to use the second mana floating and top again? I noticed you seemed to be arguing and ended up having to use stage. Just curious what happened there. Your opponent seemed sketchy in some of his actions and play style.

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    I am watching some coverage right now from your round 10 vs Shardless. Did I notice after liliana ultimate, you had 2 mana floating and you crop rotate, then he goes straight to combat and attacks you? Did they not let you go back to use the second mana floating and top again? I noticed you seemed to be arguing and ended up having to use stage. Just curious what happened there. Your opponent seemed sketchy in some of his actions and play style.
    ya you're correct because I picked up my pen the judge wouldn't let it go back.. but it slightly costed the game because I couldve eot crop rotated if I used thespian's colorless.. i was upset because he just turned them sideways I had effects.. obvy (should've appealed honestly)

I don't believe I acknowledged that we changed phases either

How have you guys been liking the new Ulamog in this deck?

Nov 2015
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    How have you guys been liking the new Ulamog in this deck?
    I run U/G version of 12 post and have been liking him a lot. I have replaced Kozilek with him. Some people would argue that losing Annihilator ability and reshuffle isn't worth it but I always argue that our creatures are usually targeted by exiling spells anyways. The way I see him is pay 8 to exile 3 permanents.

ya you're correct because I picked up my pen the judge wouldn't let it go back.. but it slightly costed the game because I couldve eot crop rotated if I used thespian's colorless.. i was upset because he just turned them sideways I had effects.. obvy (should've appealed honestly)

I don't believe I acknowledged that we changed phases either
    He was a quick player and his ability to draw and shuffle fast were commendable but in situations like that I find myself paying more attention to me opponent because people that play like that try drawing extra cards if you aren't slowing them down by asking cards in hand consistently to try and catch them.

One other thing I noticed. You had a dust in hand and 5 mana with eye of Ugin you played. Why not cast it there looking at his jace, goyf, deathrite etc? You ended up losing against that board. Just curious if you were more interested in your play of crop rotating and using stage ability on wasteland to get stage/depths online. Just seemed sketchy not to try and wipe the board there.

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    He was a quick player and his ability to draw and shuffle fast were commendable but in situations like that I find myself paying more attention to me opponent because people that play like that try drawing extra cards if you aren't slowing them down by asking cards in hand consistently to try and catch them.

One other thing I noticed. You had a dust in hand and 5 mana with eye of Ugin you played. Why not cast it there looking at his jace, goyf, deathrite etc? You ended up losing against that board. Just curious if you were more interested in your play of crop rotating and using stage ability on wasteland to get stage/depths online. Just seemed sketchy not to try and wipe the board there.
    Read post 4238, please.

Read post 4238, please.
    There is no 4238 post yet. Unless I'm missing something about your post being 4219.

I see. 4198. Yeah, I'm still not sure how you don't just drop dust there. If it gets countered oh well. You're at 5 mana with an eye of ugin. If you get wasted you're down to 4 mana with an eye which is about as useless as tits on a bull. On that board state your opponent isn't going to waste you unless you're threatening something. If he forces dust, then he has used force and anything else you draw is at least live at that point and if he uses waste then you are open to play the dark depths in hand and be able to actually do something. When time is a factor against shardless you're better off making a move before they get value from say a shardless or get to suspend and cast ancestral.
    Last edited by mykatdied; 11-13-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

I (playing Gw) have been finding Hangarback Walker excellent against Shardless, and to a lesser extent against nonwhite Delver. It blocks, then blocks some more while providing a means (thopters) to pressure planeswalkers without expending a needle. Not to mention that it makes Liliana awkward. With Eye and 9 mana it provides an on-the-spot blocker unlike every other Eye target in the deck under those conditions.

Has anyone tested with Solemn Simulacrum? Bridging the gap from ~4 mana to Titan/Zenith levels has been a sticking point in many of my games and Oracle is less consistent than I'd really like. Solemn also helps while under Blood Moon, draws a card, and shuffles.
    a.k.a. Eddy Viscosity

Thread Information