Page 335 of 338 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338 LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] 12 Post

Drixx:
    How happy are you with Leyline of Sanctity in your sideboard?
    I see you brought it in against reanimator, and I am sure it does great against burn too.
    Do you miss not having ratchet bomb in your sideboard? Pretty much all versions of Post I have seen have 2 in the SB.

Thanks.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    Thank you,i just put simplier insight for Sunday Legacy event in Zaragoza

i started with 2 byes for 8 rounds so that was much easier to reach top .

3:0 round 3 Rug threshold (won 2:0)sided out 3 maps,1 vesuva,1 scroll rack and sided in 1 crop. rot.1 relic 1 needle,2 carpets
    4:0 round 4 Goblins (won 2:0) sided out 2 maps, bojuka,3 flusters and side in 1 crop,1 needle,2 ballistas,2 krosans
    5:0 round 5 BR reanimator( won 2:0) (first game opp mull to 4) sided out cavern,1 glimmerp.,3 show and tells,glacial chasm,1 map and side in 3 sanctity leylines,2 surgicals,1 crop,1 relic
    6:0 round 6 Show&Tell (won 2:1) (second game opp mull to 5) sided out 3 show&tells,3 crops ,bojuka,1 cloud post and chasm sided in 3 krosans,2 surgicals,2 carpets,1 needle,1 relic
    last two turns i just made to draw it
    in top 8
    quarterfinals Rg lands (2:0 won) sided out cavern,2 flusters,1 map,1 cloudpost 1 scroll rack and sided in 2 krosans,2 surgicals,1relic,1 needle
    semifinals Grixis Delver( lost 0:2) sided out bojuka,2 crops,1 vesuva,1scroll rack,1 map and sided in 2 ballistas,2 carpets ,1 relic ,1needle . i can say he had everything both games started with two wastelands ,1-2 forces ,disruption spells and delver turn one flipped of course :)) otherwise deck was going properly and i enjoyed it a lot .

Jan 2014
    Prague

Quote Originally Posted by ksesler View Post
    Drixx:
    How happy are you with Leyline of Sanctity in your sideboard?
    I see you brought it in against reanimator, and I am sure it does great against burn too.
    Do you miss not having ratchet bomb in your sideboard? Pretty much all versions of Post I have seen have 2 in the SB.

Thanks.
    Keith
    Hi,i changed force of will for leylines since sensei's divining top was banned when i used more blue cards in deck so that was little bit more easier decision leave my Fow'S and find something else.. now i'm quitely sutisfied with leylines and simply crucial card agains Grixis control,Eldrazis(TKs,new Emrakul or Oblivion Sower) and for harder matchups like almost all combo decks(storm,food chain,aluren,hide tide...) and burn as well. What's make me more scary is using assasin's trophy in future but happily now is that card in legacy not so favoured . Some bug Decks with discard,wastelands and trophies whould be nightmare so Fow's and even leylines don't help anyway.

With ratchet bomb versus explosives depend on situation and type of post you play for exapmple if you start and you know that your opp. plays Rug delver,goblin or D&T you can go first turn for basic and put explosives for one which ratchet can't and in your second turn kill vial,delver or lackey and so on . in late game also if i need to kill something with two or three mana cost that turn it's also better and for ratched bomb opp. can play little bit more around so i guess Ratched bomb is mostly used for chalice decks but or used in cc or green post because you can't reach bigger sunburst but i might be wrong . hope was helpful .

Jun 2012
    uk

How many candles are a must for this deck? Already have the tabernacle and just bought 1 candle. Really want to make this deck but don’t want to put TOO much more money into legacy as I already have other decks to play with.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Quote Originally Posted by amjw View Post
    How many candles are a must for this deck? Already have the tabernacle and just bought 1 candle. Really want to make this deck but don’t want to put TOO much more money into legacy as I already have other decks to play with.
    I don't think UGx plays any candles at all, usually. I recommend joining the discord server to check out some different types of lists.

Jan 2011
    https://t.me/pump_upp

Quote Originally Posted by amjw View Post
    UG usually plays 2-3 at best, mono G 4.

Oct 2010
    Moscow

Couple of days ago i won Big Legacy in Moscow- TopDeck Open
    84 people

The list was:

MonoG POST

// 61 Maindeck
    // 10 Artifact
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Pithing Needle

// 4 Creature
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End

// 4 Instant
    4 Crop Rotation

// 29 Land
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    7 Forest
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Karakas
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Vesuva
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Ancient Tomb

// 2 Planeswalker
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

// 2 Enchantment
    2 Sylvan Libary

// 10 Sorcery
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Explore
    2 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Thought-Knot Seer
    SB: 2 Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction

I have tested the list a lot. And pretty saticfied with sideboard

Matches were:

1) ub shadow 2-0
    2) enchantress 2-0
    3) dnt 2-0
    4) miracles 2-0
    5) merfolks 2-1
    6) id
    7) id

Top8- manaless dredge 2-0
    Top4- dnt 2-0
    Top2- elves 2-1

I was really lucky with pairings. And the deck worked ok. 4 explores in main and 4 tks in sideboard- were the best at this weekend (:
    byes are for girls!

so are 3 candles really the way to go? i have been fond of drawing multiples in the past.

Oct 2010
    Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by quadich View Post
    so are 3 candles really the way to go? i have been fond of drawing multiples in the past.
    Yeah. My tests show, that i dont need the 4th one. 3 is ok
    byes are for girls!

How were the games against Death Shadow ? Not an easy mu imo.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

How did the elves match up go? I always have a hard time with elves, do you have any suggestions about how to play the match up?

Oct 2010
    Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    How were the games against Death Shadow ? Not an easy mu imo.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

it is normal mu, in my opinion. We need to needle wasteland. then candelabra and maze will do a great amount of job. They dont have stifles and mangoose, so i think that the match is in plus for us

Quote Originally Posted by sunlith42 View Post
    How did the elves match up go? I always have a hard time with elves, do you have any suggestions about how to play the match up?
    mainboard Chasm and dd help very much. In second game we have to find trini and stones to stop their speed. Obv, the mu is not easy,cause they always t3 kill us. So we have to think about them like about combo deck. Explores help a lot with disadvantages of chasm
    byes are for girls!

so i am new to CG post. currently running jody keiths list -4 wail +4 explore.

Dec 2009
    hessen, germany

Quote Originally Posted by Loxmatii View Post
    Couple of days ago i won Big Legacy in Moscow- TopDeck Open
    84 people

The list was:

MonoG POST

// 61 Maindeck
    // 10 Artifact
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Pithing Needle

// 4 Creature
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End

// 4 Instant
    4 Crop Rotation

// 29 Land
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    7 Forest
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Karakas
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Vesuva
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Ancient Tomb

// 2 Planeswalker
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

// 2 Enchantment
    2 Sylvan Libary

// 10 Sorcery
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Explore
    2 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Thought-Knot Seer
    SB: 2 Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction

I have tested the list a lot. And pretty saticfied with sideboard

Matches were:

1) ub shadow 2-0
    2) enchantress 2-0
    3) dnt 2-0
    4) miracles 2-0
    5) merfolks 2-1
    6) id
    7) id

Top8- manaless dredge 2-0
    Top4- dnt 2-0
    Top2- elves 2-1

I was really lucky with pairings. And the deck worked ok. 4 explores in main and 4 tks in sideboard- were the best at this weekend (:
    I really REALLY like this list. But my meta has a lot of Storm. So is your sideboard plan not a little bit...optimistic? I see what you bring in and what is your plan aganst them...but as la long time lands player my one sphere often gets discarded or bounced and Storm just play their game...and TKS are often one turn too slow :-/ and Crop for Bojuka Bog and Surgical are the only things we can interact instantly and nly with the graveyard

Storm eats decks like this for breakfast. Put the Seers main and 4+ spheres in board. Crop for bog or tabby is good vs both empty and pif

Quote Originally Posted by quadich View Post
    so i am new to CG post. currently running jody keiths list -4 wail +4 explore.
    I would highly suggest the Wail over Explore. CG is fundamentally a control build. Speed is nice, but we don’t need it to win. Stabilizing is far more important, since we have inevitability in pretty much every matchup. Wail gives us real game against combo and provides efficient spot removal against fair decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Quote Originally Posted by slayjay View Post
    I really REALLY like this list. But my meta has a lot of Storm. So is your sideboard plan not a little bit...optimistic? I see what you bring in and what is your plan aganst them...but as la long time lands player my one sphere often gets discarded or bounced and Storm just play their game...and TKS are often one turn too slow :-/ and Crop for Bojuka Bog and Surgical are the only things we can interact instantly and nly with the graveyard
    This is why I run 4x Warping Wail. You can counter Infernal Tutor, Burning Wish, Therapy to protect a Crop, etc.. In a Storm-heavy meta, it might even be worth running 1x Ancient Tomb in the 75 so you can Crop into Wail or Sphere on T1.

Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    This is why I run 4x Warping Wail. You can counter Infernal Tutor, Burning Wish, Therapy to protect a Crop, etc.. In a Storm-heavy meta, it might even be worth running 1x Ancient Tomb in the 75 so you can Crop into Wail or Sphere on T1.
    I think this is correct, but of course it depends on your local meta. I played K_Omega's build on Friday night for 4 rounds and Warping Wail wasn't great, but it definitely served it's purpose from time to time. A quick summary, which is probably generally right, but I might muddle a couple details:

Round 1: Patriot Blade
    Game 1, he does some stuff that doesn't really matter too much, like SFM for Batterskull and resolves a Seach of Azcanta. I Wail the Mystic, get something (maybe Ugin, or likely it was an All is Dust) Forced, then eventually Cast Ulamog taking his White mana. He draws a Plains, Swords the Ulamog, but then I get Eye and there isn't much he can do.

Game 2: He holds up a bunch of mana in the early game, so I figure he has something like actual Counterspell or A V. Clique. I figure I can't really just wait forever if he has Clique though and I have a Glimmerpost to have mana for either, so I play the land and he Cliques me in response to the trigger. I lose the Emrakul, cast and Ugin which gets Forced. I forget how I shuffled, but eventually I redraw the Emmy 2.0 but he has Karakas. We play the Mindslaver game, until I draw Ulamog and exile it.

Round 2: BUG Foodchain.
    Game 1, he stumble on Mana, gets Brainstorm locked and I All is Dust some Birds and resolve something big that I don't recall.

Game 2, I stumble on Mana and can't get anything going, the critical part being that I was holding Warping Wail when he casts Manipulate Fate but have no Colorless lands. He wins the next turn.

Game 3, he stumble in Mana a little early, but we both get rolling. I All Is Dust a few Birds and a Sylvan Library, but Eternal Scourge is Colorless. I draw Emmy 2.0, cast it, Mindslaver him, only to not be able to do anything, because his hand is Force, Food Chain, Hymn and he doesn't have double Black mana, , luckily it doesn't end up mattering, I just beat him down with the Emmy.

Round 3: Death Shadow
    Game 1: His hand seemed a little slow, he only draws one Wateland and I Wail at least one Delver. Some early stuff got Dazed, maybe a Candle or two. I think I ended up casting something big, pretty sure it was Ugin, removing his threat and a land and he doesn't have anything to come back with.

Game 2: This game was wacky and finished with me punting it away. Basically Emmy 2.0 gets Thoughtsiezed while a Delver beats me down. He actually Reanimates Emmy going to 1 and I draw Crop Rotation, only to realize I borded out Karakas like a dunce. I scoop out of frustration to myself, even though I still had all my Mazes which I could have gotten one of. Oh well.

Game 3: My hand is a bit slow, but so is his. I think I Wail another Delver, he lands Lili of the Last Hope and I draw Pithing Needle, with which I name Wasteland, rather then Lili. This might have been a mistake, but my feeling is that if I name Lili and he draws Watelands I lose anyway to whatever threat. Might be wrong. Of course Ratchet Bomb then shows up, but too late to stop Lili from ultimating before I get to 3, so I leave it at Zero and hold off a Delver with Maze. Ends up that I manage to Crop rotation for Eye, even though I only have 6 mana, thinking it is more likely to draw anything that taps for Mana, rather than get a Post but then need to basically draw another plus a Threat. I draw a Glimmerpost and activate Eye, getting Emmy 2.0 (the only one I had the mana to cast). I cast it, it gets Forced, but that puts him to 3. He likely had made a mistake not ulimating Lili once she was at 7, so when I 'Slaver him, I use the -2, get a Street Wraith, Cylce it, find Ponder, find a Fetchland and kill him.

Round 4: UB Tezz
    Game 1, my mana fails to develop when he spikes a Scorcerous Spyglass off a Tezz activation catching two Candelabras. I had to copy his Ancient Tomb early to try to race him, which means I don't have the life to stabilize, especially since his board is nearly all colorless and I draw Ugin.

Game 2, I mull into oblivion, figuring that a very slow 7 isn't good. Turns out it probably would have been and I lose on a mull to 5 doing literally nothing because I can't find lands that tap for Mana.

The deck was very fun and aside the last round, ran very well. I think the number of Warping Wails is a meta call, but 4 didn't feel terrible, even if they didn't seem great all the time. Emmy 2.0 was the All-Star of the night, much hilarity was had with it. 3-1 was good enough to get a little payout, so I snach up a few decently priced GW paints with my credit. I haven't gotten to play much lately and the last few times I have were rough (pretty much all oh-fer's), so it was nice to have a generally winning night.

The only think that sucked was realizing I only own 2 Cloudposts...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    I would highly suggest the Wail over Explore. CG is fundamentally a control build. Speed is nice, but we don’t need it to win. Stabilizing is far more important, since we have inevitability in pretty much every matchup. Wail gives us real game against combo and provides efficient spot removal against fair decks.

Explore not only gives you speed, but also consistency (as a cantrip) and it makes your utility lands (Maze, Tabby & Chasm especially) way better. So it can also be seen as as defensive bonus. Plus it can help reach 7/8 mana faster to clear a blood moon, before you die to a bunch of goblins.
    WW is nice in some meta. In mine (very few Storm, lot of control and aggro), it is clearly not so I cut it entirely and I do not regret it.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Emmy 2.0 was the All-Star of the night, much hilarity was had with it. 3-1 was good enough to get a little payout, so I snach up a few decently priced GW paints with my credit.
    Thanks for the detailed report !

I am still unsure about Emmy 2.0. Sometimes you do crazy things with her (that you would like to be recorded on video), and sometimes she just do nothing but giving opp an extra card. So sometimes I maindeck her, sometimes I keep her in the board.

I copy here my last report from Discord. I was testing a red splash for Kozilek Return, Scroll Rack and EE.

1. Manaless dredge. We begin with G2 without sideboarding since I got a game loss penalty for arriving 10min late.... I am on the play, opponent discards a dredger and pass. Then I successively played 4 Bogs... he could not recover and I finished him with Ulamog. G2 I had a very good opener with Bog, Vesuva and a Tormod Crypt. The game was over very fast. 2-1.

2. Death and Taxes. G1 was quite easy, I drew well and my Maze + candle forced him to overplay, and then I could empty the board with K Return and finally land an Eldrazi. G2 he controlled my mana very weel and I did not drew any creature removal (and yet I play a lot). G3 was an epic and tough one. A vialed Fickerwhisp (targeting my Needle and allowing him to waste my lands), and a Revoker on Candle seriously delayed the victory, but it seemed quite inavitable. 2-1

3. AK Miracle. G1 was very long, as my clever opponent countered every important spell. There is little doubt in the issue here, but the enemy is time ! G2 was even longer, as I topdecked air (I mean lands but not the Eye) for like 10 turns. I finished with Emrakul. It was so long I proactively played Chasm, not to lose to a big Entreat. SBing note : REB was really usefull here, since it countered a Counterbalance which could have been dangerous. 2-0

4. Death Shadow. G1 : total control of his threats thanks to Maze + candle, and then a clean win with Kozilek into extra candle into another big guy. G2 was a nightmare, with my T1 needle dazed and then wasteland, wasteland, Hymn, Hymn, Snapcaster-Hymn... G3 began even worse with 4 wastelands in the 5 or 6 first turns, plus 2 Hymns again. And yet, I survived thanks to 2 Mazes and a candle, long enough for a crazy combo with K Return killing 3 flipped delvers, Kozilek v2 to draw tons of cards including crop rotations and candles for extra mana, trigger Kozilek to kill Anglers and Shadows and finally Emrakul. to perfectly end this beautiful game night :smiley:
    2-1
    I could not play Forcefield nor Drop of honey since they were thoughtseized each time, but they would have have been super usefull for sure. Instead, Mazes saved my ass more than once !
    NB : this deck shadow deck is really, really strong, and not a good mu for us at all imo. I think I will try this deck a bit.

So 4-0 in the end.

On the whole this red splash is very interesting in a meta full of go-wide decks, K Return beeing particularly good in this shell (colorless, and triggers from GY). I also love Scroll Rack in combination with fetches. Engineered Explosives could be replaced by AiD or something else however.

Thread Information