Page 235 of 338 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Jan 2015
    Portland, OR

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Thank you for posting a list! I played UG at my local SNM tonight and had an impressive 1-3 finish, beating tribal Gorillas, losing to fish (incredibly close game), Grixis Delver and Stiflenaught. I played Rock Lees most recent list, but only have 1 Candel, so pithing needle instead, and 2 in thensode. Lost to some very bad Pithing Needle names (always Wasteland in the dark). Had I named Wasteland, I would have won at least 2 more games, if not 2 more matches. Platnium Emperion was a champ though, and I will likely find a way to make sure he makes it into all of my lists going forward!

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Emrakul503 View Post
    Thank you for posting a list! I played UG at my local SNM tonight and had an impressive 1-3 finish, beating tribal Gorillas...
    Tribal Gorillas? Is that a budget deck or something or was someone planning to beatdown with Kird Apes, Ukatabi Orangutangs and Simian Spirit Guides?

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    Tribal Gorillas? Is that a budget deck or something or was someone planning to beatdown with Kird Apes, Ukatabi Orangutangs and Simian Spirit Guides?
    Portland, Oregon. Hipster hub. Apes are so meta. Throwing bananas before it was cool. Hot banana throw!
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Jan 2015
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    Portland, Oregon. Hipster hub. Apes are so meta. Throwing bananas before it was cool. Hot banana throw!
    Precisely this! It was a player's first attempt at Legacy, so it was more of a "for funsies" deck than anything.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Vials, brass herald, hidden gibbons, mutavaults, and cavern of souls and you got a deck. Damn, bout to go write a primer. brb

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Went undefeated again this week, with a slight variation on the U/G build I have been succeeding with:

// Lands
    1 [P2] Forest (3)
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [OGW] Wastes
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [CHK] Island (3)
    1 [OGW] Sea Gate Wreckage

// Creatures
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 [M11] Primeval Titan
    2 [SOM] Platinum Emperion

// Spells
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [OGW] Warping Wail
    4 [ROE] Ancient Stirrings
    2 [FRF] Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    4 [MM] Brainstorm

// Sideboard
    SB: 3 [OGW] Thought-Knot Seer
    SB: 3 [MMA] Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 [JGC] Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 [NPH] Karn Liberated

Karn was hilariously clunky, and I think I will drop it for either needles or surgical extractions. Or drop relic for surgicals.

Matchups were Mono Blue Control (2-0), Tinfins (2-0), Storm (2-1).

Poisonous Foogoofiish
    Feb 2006
    Germany

Two quick notes:
    - How do you adress the new Eldrazi Stompy deck? Playing against them, makes me lean towards Ugw with Terminus again. This and Glacial Chasm besides the obvious SnT->Titan / Emperion seem to be our best tools against them.
    - Thought-Knot Seer is maindeck material in my opinion. The card is insane, because it is relevant against both fair decks and combo. Its just so beefy and can setup finishers pretty well or act as an finisher in combo matchups itself. I love to cast it for 2 with Eye of Ugin in play and it gives us another critical mana breakpoint of 9 besides 15 and 20 to tutor and cast something in the same turn.
    - I am currently wondering, how good are basic lands in this deck outside of Blood Moon scenarios, where they are obviously necessary to resolve an answer. In the past I always felt that mono green lists don't gain anything with their increased basic count (disregarding single blowout scenarios - I am talking about in general). Ug lists are on the fence as they can afford to run a 1/1 basic split in the main, but the interesting variation are the Ugw builds in my opinion. It is a challenge to build a good Ugw manabase as it is basically 4 color deck now with the new cards that doesn't sacrifice utility while preserving mana stability. If there are still any Ugw players here, what do you think?

Sample Ugw manabase:
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Karakas
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Tropical Island
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Tundra
    1 Savannah
    1 Vesuva
    3 Flooded Strand
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Glacial Chasm

SB: 1 Island
    or 1 Island and 1 Forest depending on Magus / Blood Moon hate.
    Also note that assume that the build includes either Ancient Stirrings or Ponder on top of BS an SDT to find more land if needed.
    Last edited by deadlock; 02-18-2016 at 06:15 AM.
    BBB

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

@deadlock: I would definitely play at least one basic in the list, probably an island so that you can cast your cantrips and show and tell (and repeal if you are playing that). Otherwise you have ZERO outs to blood moon game one. Otherwise it seems fine I guess.

Regarding the turbo eldrazi (and MUD) match-ups, what about an ensnaring bridge main? It obviously shuts off most of our win cons but we can easily deal with it when we are ready. It just seems like it would buy us a lot of time against those MUs, not to mention elves, Merfolk, slivers, etc.

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Went undefeated again this week, with a slight variation on the U/G build I have been succeeding with:

[cards]// Lands

1 [OGW] Wastes
    Rock, can you explain the inclusion of the 1 Wastes? Is it so you can cast warping wail / thought knot seer while there is a blood moon in play? The only ways to retrieve it is to crop rotation or expedition map for it, right? I was just curious to see if there was something I may be overlooking.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Rock, can you explain the inclusion of the 1 Wastes? Is it so you can cast warping wail / thought knot seer while there is a blood moon in play? The only ways to retrieve it is to crop rotation or expedition map for it, right? I was just curious to see if there was something I may be overlooking.
    That is is. Also provides stable lands against tempo, which this deck is light-ish against. I found that with every colorless source being waste-able, having vulnerable mana for your pivotal spells against them is foolish. I also have been tinkering with spatial contortion as a sb/md card, which would fall in line with this.

May 2012
    Ann Arbor, MI

I took R/G 12 post to two weeklies in a row, going 3-1 each time. The first tournament I faced Miracles(2-1), Miracles(2-0), Storm(1-2), Jund(2-0). The second I faced Rug Delver(1-2), 2nd round bye, Junk Nic Fit (2-0), Elves (2-0).

Before playing this version I felt I was losing too much to fair creature decks, the decks you're supposedly favored in. With kozilek's return and bonfire I finally have the early interaction I need to fight their creatures. This buys me enough time to assemble my pieces and win. Repeal and moment's peace are really weak in my opinion, having played them in the U/G version. There's too many deathrite shamans for moment's peace to be good, and repeal doesn't buy you enough time considering U/G is even slower with less ramp. Warping wail is a high variance card that can be either really good or really bad depending on the matchup. I don't like that kind of attribute in a card. It also does not kill delver or tarmogoyf the vast majority of the time. Ugin is great and I still play it, but most of the time they're disrupting you with wastelands, discard, and counter magic and it can end up being too slow.

MVP's - Ancient Stirrings, Cavern of souls.

I'm never playing this deck without ancient stirrings again. It's absolutely nuts how good it is in this deck. Better than brainstorm most of the time I'd even say.
    Explore is also an underrated card in this archetype, it does everything you want to be doing.

4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Mina and Denn, Wildborn
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

3 Forest
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    4 Wooded Foothills
    3 Taiga

3 Expedition Map
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Kozilek's Return
    4 Explore
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    1 Warping Wail

SB: 3 Krosan Grip
    SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 Trinisphere
    SB: 2 Bonfire of the Damned
    SB: 1 World Breaker
    SB: 2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

From this list i'm dropping a warping wail and adding a fourth top. I might change Mina if she's not good but I haven't had a chance to try her yet. Some number of Thought-knot seer will probably also be added.

Went 4-1 in my first league online with this list:
    Land
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Glacial Chasm
    8 Forest

Creatures
    2 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

Planeswalkers
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Spells
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Warping Wail
    2 All Is Dust
    4 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Pithing Needle

Sideboard
    3 Mindbreak Trap
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Trinisphere
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Krosan Grip
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 Beast Within

Matchups were:
    Merfolk (2-1)
    Shardless (2-0)
    Deathblade (2-1)
    Goblin Stompy (0-2)
    Grixis Thopter Sword [Joe Lossett] (2-0)

I'm testing Beast Within right now, but it hasn't done much yet. I'll be looking to test a few other cards in that slot: Thought-Knot, second O Stone, new Koz, Endbringer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic_Conch View Post
    I took R/G 12 post to two weeklies in a row, going 3-1 each time. The first tournament I faced Miracles(2-1), Miracles(2-0), Storm(1-2), Jund(2-0). The second I faced Rug Delver(1-2), 2nd round bye, Junk Nic Fit (2-0), Elves (2-0).

Before playing this version I felt I was losing too much to fair creature decks, the decks you're supposedly favored in. With kozilek's return and bonfire I finally have the early interaction I need to fight their creatures. This buys me enough time to assemble my pieces and win. Repeal and moment's peace are really weak in my opinion, having played them in the U/G version. There's too many deathrite shamans for moment's peace to be good, and repeal doesn't buy you enough time considering U/G is even slower with less ramp. Warping wail is a high variance card that can be either really good or really bad depending on the matchup. I don't like that kind of attribute in a card. It also does not kill delver or tarmogoyf the vast majority of the time. Ugin is great and I still play it, but most of the time they're disrupting you with wastelands, discard, and counter magic and it can end up being too slow.

MVP's - Ancient Stirrings, Cavern of souls.

I'm never playing this deck without ancient stirrings again. It's absolutely nuts how good it is in this deck. Better than brainstorm most of the time I'd even say.
    Explore is also an underrated card in this archetype, it does everything you want to be doing.

4 Primeval Titan
    1 Mina and Denn, Wildborn

3 Forest
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    4 Wooded Foothills
    3 Taiga

3 Expedition Map
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Kozilek's Return
    4 Explore
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    1 Warping Wail

SB: 3 Krosan Grip
    SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 Trinisphere
    SB: 2 Bonfire of the Damned
    SB: 1 World Breaker
    SB: 2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

From this list i'm dropping a warping wail and adding a fourth top. I might change Mina if she's not good but I haven't had a chance to try her yet. Some number of Thought-knot seer will probably also be added.
    So I am also on G/R (loving it!) and am playing a somewhat similar list. I agree that ancient stirring is bonkers in this deck. I have to disagree somewhat with your take on warping wail though. First I would say that, just like Kozilek's Return, it shines in some MUs and is less than great in others. However, I think the warping wail list of good MUs is actually higher, as it kills deathrites, elves, stoneforge, early delvers, painter, snapcaster, v.clique, revoker, and most of the white dorks in D&T. It also counters show & tell, thoughtseize, hymn, ancestral vision, infernal tutor, past in flames, dark petition, reanimate, exhume, glimpse, GSZ, natural order, loam, council's judgement, maelstrom pulse, and several other important spells. Worst case, it ramps you up one turn with a token. When Kozilek's Return is good, it's really good. But it also does absolutely nothing in a bunch of other MUs. I am currently running 2 K.return and 3 warping wail and have a hard time cutting a wail due to it's huge utility.
    As for thought-knot, awesome...see previous posts. How has bonfire been for you? I really like the card but hate seeing it in my opening hand. Also curious about world breaker. I considered it when it first came out but just seems like a worse version of Nulamog. Mina also seems really random unless you were playing with GSZ, but I've never used it so can't comment on it. I would also have a hard time moving Ugin to the SB but definitely get what you are talking about, as that has happened to me as well. I do also think that Ugin may be losing it's utility as eldrazi, MUD and other "colorless" decks become more popular.

@boozecube: how are you holding up against the eldrazi menace? Ugin and All is Dust is just so bad against that MU. You have the advantage of Maze + candels though, which I love. I'm also interested in how endbringer works for you. Always enjoy reading your posts.

One of the nice things I found with bonfire is that once people know you run it, they fear it. My fiance and myself have both had a few instances where we look at our card drawn for turn, count our mana and then just draw the card. The nice thing in post is that the card isn't flat out dead in our hand. Even with 3 post and a taiga in play we can represent around 4 damage to the face and board which oftentimes will board wipe our opponents. Miracled is just gross though with the mana we can produce. It has led to a lot of mind fucking our opponent's and slowing down aggro opponents afraid of getting board wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    @boozecube: how are you holding up against the eldrazi menace? Ugin and All is Dust is just so bad against that MU. You have the advantage of Maze + candels though, which I love. I'm also interested in how endbringer works for you. Always enjoy reading your posts.
    Honestly, I still haven't played much against it yet. If it does become more popular, I think that might be the deciding factor in going to a second SB O Stone. I'd have to see a pretty big uptick in Eldrazi and MUD before cutting Dust/Ugin main for them, however, as they're just so devastating against the rest of the field (besides Storm, anyway) while still leaving your Needles and Candles intact.

May 2012
    Ann Arbor, MI

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    So I am also on G/R (loving it!) and am playing a somewhat similar list. I agree that ancient stirring is bonkers in this deck. I have to disagree somewhat with your take on warping wail though. First I would say that, just like Kozilek's Return, it shines in some MUs and is less than great in others. However, I think the warping wail list of good MUs is actually higher, as it kills deathrites, elves, stoneforge, early delvers, painter, snapcaster, v.clique, revoker, and most of the white dorks in D&T. It also counters show & tell, thoughtseize, hymn, ancestral vision, infernal tutor, past in flames, dark petition, reanimate, exhume, glimpse, GSZ, natural order, loam, council's judgement, maelstrom pulse, and several other important spells. Worst case, it ramps you up one turn with a token. When Kozilek's Return is good, it's really good. But it also does absolutely nothing in a bunch of other MUs. I am currently running 2 K.return and 3 warping wail and have a hard time cutting a wail due to it's huge utility.
    As for thought-knot, awesome...see previous posts. How has bonfire been for you? I really like the card but hate seeing it in my opening hand. Also curious about world breaker. I considered it when it first came out but just seems like a worse version of Nulamog. Mina also seems really random unless you were playing with GSZ, but I've never used it so can't comment on it. I would also have a hard time moving Ugin to the SB but definitely get what you are talking about, as that has happened to me as well. I do also think that Ugin may be losing it's utility as eldrazi, MUD and other "colorless" decks become more popular.

Not long after making my post I actually thought again about warping wail and tried to think of match-ups where it was bad and I couldn't think of many. I think my opinion was warped (excuse the pun) by playing against RUG Delver and Moggcatcher stompy where I wished the card was anything else. So for sure you're right about this one. I even countered a catacylsm once with it which is such a "counter or lose" type spell so that counts for something. If I could think of something to cut I'd probably play around 2 warping wails.
    The idea of moving ugin to the sideboard was because of space constraints and I added Kozilek's return while expecting the graveyard trigger to act as my sweeper G1. In ugin's place I added a kozilek to help trigger return. Post board Worldbreaker can also do that which is nice. While it is also nice not having ugin game one against MUD or other colorless decks, it's still going to be an absolute bomb in a majority of match-ups that maindeck inclusion is probably correct.

Worldbreaker is awesome because the trigger is uncounterable. And, if they do counter it, you can always return it to your hand for multiple triggers. I know Krosan Grip is basically uncounterable, but I once tried to grip a sensei's top with a counterbalance in play and he flipped a blood moon. Brutal. It's also another big idiot that blocks well. I once had someone attack into it with their vendillion clique because they didn't realize it had reach. oops.
    I've never actually drawn Mina so I have no idea if it's any good. My cynical guess is the body is not big enough to be a good combat deterrent and it doesn't ramp as well as oracle. It does however protect you somewhat against wasteland if you have R/G up, which might be too much to ask for. I will probably just swap her for Thought-Knot Seer when I get some.

Bonfire I haven't used much, but when it's needed it's a godsend. I had a pretty stacked hand against elves and that was the card they took with thoughtseize. It's really not bad if you see it in your opener or draw it early. The deck makes so much mana that double X is not as huge of a drawback as it could be in other decks. You could even potentially fireball someone out if they took too much damage with sylvan library, ancient tombs, bobs, fetches, etc. since they aren't expecting you to attack their life total really.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Still on mono-green, still running a very similar list to BoozeCube. Went 5-1 today, albeit against a few really weird brews, including the strangest thing I've ever seen, and a really awesome Bant Painter list.

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Maze of Ith
    1 Glacial Chasm
    6 Forest
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Wastes
    2 Oblivion Stone
    2 Endbringer
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 4 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus

The important takeaway from this list - aside from the fact that it's still not fully refined - is that I'm moving away from Sensei's Divining Top. BoozeCube and I have different philosophies, and while I love the dig of Ancient Stirrings, I hate burying cards: particularly sideboard cards. This list is my first step toward trying to see if I can adapt to not having Top, which explains some of the weird choices. I like the idea of O-Stone main as it does have some play against Stompy decks, especially if Eldrazi whatever becomes more of a thing. Rachet Bomb is additional insurance while also giving me another hedge against tokens or Chalice of the Void on 1 or 3. I still don't particularly like Spatial Contortion, but in dropping Tops, it makes more sense than Dismember since I need to guarantee I draw it. Relic of Progenitus kind of operates on the same principle. I guess it could be Tormod's Crypt too, but the fact that it has a little extra play against Leyline of Sanctity and Deathrite Shaman is appealing to me.

Wastes seems fine to me as a one-of. The most flexible slots are the aforementioned Oblivion Stone and Endbringer. Endbringer's flexibility seems pretty cool, but it could just as easily be All is Dust, Karn Liberated, or even Wurmcoil Engine. It still needs to be tested further, but I am cautiously optimistic with the general concept.

And now, a rant. I played the most random deck I've ever seen, and I've played casual decks since 1995. Here is a sample of the cards that were played:

Tithe. Enlightened Tutor for Circle of Protection: Artifacts. Flagstones of Trokair. Ajani, Caller of the Pride. Ancient Tomb. Thought-Knot Seer. Matter Reshaper. Oblivion Ring. Powder Keg. I have never been so confused playing a game of Magic in my life. Oh yeah. Not only did I lose one game to him, but I also had to cast Kozilek, Butcher of Truth three times in a second game before I pulled out a win.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    Still on mono-green, still running a very similar list to BoozeCube. Went 5-1 today, albeit against a few really weird brews, including the strangest thing I've ever seen, and a really awesome Bant Painter list.

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Maze of Ith
    1 Glacial Chasm
    6 Forest
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Wastes
    2 Oblivion Stone
    2 Endbringer
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 4 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus

The important takeaway from this list - aside from the fact that it's still not fully refined - is that I'm moving away from Sensei's Divining Top. BoozeCube and I have different philosophies, and while I love the dig of Ancient Stirrings, I hate burying cards: particularly sideboard cards. This list is my first step toward trying to see if I can adapt to not having Top, which explains some of the weird choices. I like the idea of O-Stone main as it does have some play against Stompy decks, especially if Eldrazi whatever becomes more of a thing. Rachet Bomb is additional insurance while also giving me another hedge against tokens or Chalice of the Void on 1 or 3. I still don't particularly like Spatial Contortion, but in dropping Tops, it makes more sense than Dismember since I need to guarantee I draw it. Relic of Progenitus kind of operates on the same principle. I guess it could be Tormod's Crypt too, but the fact that it has a little extra play against Leyline of Sanctity and Deathrite Shaman is appealing to me.

Wastes seems fine to me as a one-of. The most flexible slots are the aforementioned Oblivion Stone and Endbringer. Endbringer's flexibility seems pretty cool, but it could just as easily be All is Dust, Karn Liberated, or even Wurmcoil Engine. It still needs to be tested further, but I am cautiously optimistic with the general concept.

And now, a rant. I played the most random deck I've ever seen, and I've played casual decks since 1995. Here is a sample of the cards that were played:

Tithe. Enlightened Tutor for Circle of Protection: Artifacts. Flagstones of Trokair. Ajani, Caller of the Pride. Ancient Tomb. Thought-Knot Seer. Matter Reshaper. Oblivion Ring. Powder Keg. I have never been so confused playing a game of Magic in my life. Oh yeah. Not only did I lose one game to him, but I also had to cast Kozilek, Butcher of Truth three times in a second game before I pulled out a win.
    This a truly fascinating list. I have so many questions:

1) Did you have any issues only running 6x Forests? I've been dying to test Sea Gate Wreckage, but the only realistic slot would be to cut a Forest (from 8 to 7) or utility land. Even after going down to just 8x green cards main, I've been too nervous to try. I'm very interested to hear how it's played for you with 6.

2) How has Endbringer played? I shoved a couple into my Modern Eldrazi deck before FNM last week and was blown away by how easily it took over games. What matchups did you find it worked well/poorly in? What abilities did you find most useful? How often did you tutor for it?

3) Why the 1x Wastes? Just a concession to Blood Moon?

another "interesting" report, for people who like UG(w) build. I had a tournament with more than 50 people, 6 different matchups.

1° match: infect (0-2). Game 1: he has elf and nexus in play.....I have in my hand S&T, emrakul, warping wail and 4 mana. I decided to try dropping Emrakul and block at least 1 of his creatures. He attacks, pumping the unblocked with invitorate and vines. Lost (I already had 1 poison counter). I could have played warping maybe, in response to his first invigorate. But with vines the result is the same. Game 2: I kept an hand with no hate and very slow, only a sensei. I played the sensei, he plays needle...... on turn 3 he attacks with an elf and plays FOUR invigorate. ok.......

2° match: D&T (2-0). Game 1: he mulligans to 5, but he puts some pressure, with thalia and brimaz. So I decided to put Emrakul with S&T (again) hoping he doesn't topdeck a Karakas. He doesn't, gg. Game 2:he doens't push to much, only a rishadan port that can be annoying, I needled it. He plays stoneforge for a batterskul, I have krosan grip. Cloudpost, cloudpost, ulamog, gg.

3° match: 4c delver (2-0). I'm not familiar with this deck, I don't know exactly how to play against him. I discovered after that he doesn't play wasteland (and I kept needles post side...Game 1: I saw a delver, StP immediately (with 1 mana open in case of daze). With no wasteland, I can play Ulamog quite fast, exiling his unique menace, one tarmo. Game 2: the critical part of the game is on turn 3. He knows what I have in hand (gitaxian probed), I have 2 S&T, emrakul and titan: I try with S&T, resolves......ha has one mana open.....I think he has stifle, so at the beginning I think to put emrakul......but I decided that titan is better, at least he wastes a stifle and I can still have 2 lands attacking the next turn. Right choice!! He drops an Ashen Rider, exiling the titan. With the 2 lands I can some rounds after cast the Emrakul and win.

4° match: burn (0-2). Game 1: I know he plays burn.......my hand is not so bad: 2 titans and 1 S&T. I arrive at the point to have 2 titan in plays, I'm at 10 life points........ Price of progress, price of progress, fireblast -_- -_-. Game 2: I go to 1, he didnt' cast any PoP.....I have ugin and titan on the field, 1 mana open for flusterstor. He has 4 mountains, nothing in hand.....his turn.........draw: price of progress. F*********!!!! Useless flusterstorm in hand.....

5° match: monoredIhateYou (0-2).......I don't know exactly how to call this deck......after I discover he has 4 magus of the moon, 4 bloodmoon, 4 chalice of the void maindeck. Game 1: bloodmoon on turn 2.....ensnaring bridge on turn 3.....I have a titan on the field, thanks to S&T, but I'm blocked. He finishes me attacking with magus.... Games 2: very fast. Turn 1, island pass. He plays ancient tomb, chalice of the void; brainstorm in response, viewing a candelabra, a sensei and a land.....turn 2 land, pass. He plays a land, pass. Turn 3 I play a land, pass. He plays..........Thoughts of Ruin O__O. GG, I don't wanna live anymore.

6° match: miracle (2-0) Game 1: he doens't have any creature to push any pressure on my, easy cavern->titan. Game 2: he has only 2 lands for at least 5 turn, I can play Ulamog exiling his manabase and win.

In general, I'm VERY VERY happy of this build. Ulamog is confirmed, main absolutely. Terminus also, with infect, D&T, delver gave me a lot of breath. I feel a little sad to not have mainboard some responses against bloodmoon/chalice/other awful things that are equal to a victory for the opponent.....but this is the risk to play with no counters. I tought about Engineered Explosives, but only a copy, without trinket mage is useless. And I don't want to remove anything, in general the list is very solid.

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    another "interesting" report, for people who like UG(w) build. I had a tournament with more than 50 people, 6 different matchups.

1° match: infect (0-2). Game 1: he has elf and nexus in play.....I have in my hand S&T, emrakul, warping wail and 4 mana. I decided to try dropping Emrakul and block at least 1 of his creatures. He attacks, pumping the unblocked with invitorate and vines. Lost (I already had 1 poison counter). I could have played warping maybe, in response to his first invigorate. But with vines the result is the same. Game 2: I kept an hand with no hate and very slow, only a sensei. I played the sensei, he plays needle...... on turn 3 he attacks with an elf and plays FOUR invigorate. ok.......

2° match: D&T (2-0). Game 1: he mulligans to 5, but he puts some pressure, with thalia and brimaz. So I decided to put Emrakul with S&T (again) hoping he doesn't topdeck a Karakas. He doesn't, gg. Game 2:he doens't push to much, only a rishadan port that can be annoying, I needled it. He plays stoneforge for a batterskul, I have krosan grip. Cloudpost, cloudpost, ulamog, gg.

3° match: 4c delver (2-0). I'm not familiar with this deck, I don't know exactly how to play against him. I discovered after that he doesn't play wasteland (and I kept needles post side...Game 1: I saw a delver, StP immediately (with 1 mana open in case of daze). With no wasteland, I can play Ulamog quite fast, exiling his unique menace, one tarmo. Game 2: the critical part of the game is on turn 3. He knows what I have in hand (gitaxian probed), I have 2 S&T, emrakul and titan: I try with S&T, resolves......ha has one mana open.....I think he has stifle, so at the beginning I think to put emrakul......but I decided that titan is better, at least he wastes a stifle and I can still have 2 lands attacking the next turn. Right choice!! He drops an Ashen Rider, exiling the titan. With the 2 lands I can some rounds after cast the Emrakul and win.

4° match: burn (0-2). Game 1: I know he plays burn.......my hand is not so bad: 2 titans and 1 S&T. I arrive at the point to have 2 titan in plays, I'm at 10 life points........ Price of progress, price of progress, fireblast -_- -_-. Game 2: I go to 1, he didnt' cast any PoP.....I have ugin and titan on the field, 1 mana open for flusterstor. He has 4 mountains, nothing in hand.....his turn.........draw: price of progress. F*********!!!! Useless flusterstorm in hand.....

5° match: monoredIhateYou (0-2).......I don't know exactly how to call this deck......after I discover he has 4 magus of the moon, 4 bloodmoon, 4 chalice of the void maindeck. Game 1: bloodmoon on turn 2.....ensnaring bridge on turn 3.....I have a titan on the field, thanks to S&T, but I'm blocked. He finishes me attacking with magus.... Games 2: very fast. Turn 1, island pass. He plays ancient tomb, chalice of the void; brainstorm in response, viewing a candelabra, a sensei and a land.....turn 2 land, pass. He plays a land, pass. Turn 3 I play a land, pass. He plays..........Thoughts of Ruin O__O. GG, I don't wanna live anymore.

6° match: miracle (2-0) Game 1: he doens't have any creature to push any pressure on my, easy cavern->titan. Game 2: he has only 2 lands for at least 5 turn, I can play Ulamog exiling his manabase and win.

In general, I'm VERY VERY happy of this build. Ulamog is confirmed, main absolutely. Terminus also, with infect, D&T, delver gave me a lot of breath. I feel a little sad to not have mainboard some responses against bloodmoon/chalice/other awful things that are equal to a victory for the opponent.....but this is the risk to play with no counters. I tought about Engineered Explosives, but only a copy, without trinket mage is useless. And I don't want to remove anything, in general the list is very solid.
    What's your current list? 3 or 4 Terminus, and how many StP? Also interested in the manabase... Did a small test at a tournament with UGr, for Kozilek's Return. Results were extremly bad, but KR performed well. Several games 1 I saw Chalice @1 on turn 2 or even turn 1, ugly!

Thread Information