Page 236 of 338 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

lool sorry, I forgot the list
    2 Platinum Emperion
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Show and Tell
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Vesuva
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Expedition Map
    1 Forest
    2 Warping Wail
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Tundra
    1 Savannah
    3 Terminus
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Swords to Plowshares
    SB: 2 Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 3 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Swords to Plowshares
    SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog

I tried kozi's return, but terminus is much much much better.....ok, you can draw it when you don't want it (also kozi's return for some aspects) but this is truly the only drawback: it costs only 1 (being easy to cast also under daze or pierce) and it removes EVERY creature that kozi's return cannot do (big tarmo, true name nemesis, an army of buffed merfolks.....)

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    This a truly fascinating list. I have so many questions:

1) Did you have any issues only running 6x Forests? I've been dying to test Sea Gate Wreckage, but the only realistic slot would be to cut a Forest (from 8 to 7) or utility land. Even after going down to just 8x green cards main, I've been too nervous to try. I'm very interested to hear how it's played for you with 6.
    6 did not seem like a problem in the games I played. Perhaps it does mean you can't Crop Rotation with quite the same level of wild abandon, but I had green when I needed it. There are only 8 green spells in the main deck as it is, and none requires a second colored mana.

2) How has Endbringer played? I shoved a couple into my Modern Eldrazi deck before FNM last week and was blown away by how easily it took over games. What matchups did you find it worked well/poorly in? What abilities did you find most useful? How often did you tutor for it?
    Endbringer was a "hey, let's try something that costs a few less mana in that slot" and his array of abilities seemed interesting to me. He has potential, but I played against a lot of weird stuff last night and the jury is still out. I never tutored for him, though. I'm probably still going to be tuning this for a little while: that slot and the O-Stones are totally up in the air and could probably be just about anything that's colorless and scares the opponent. The only tutoring I did was for the big ones.

3) Why the 1x Wastes? Just a concession to Blood Moon?
    More or less. It does mean that every spell in the deck can be cast under a Moon: or Moon and Candel, in new Kozilek's case.

Obviously your mono-green concept, which you've been on for at least as long as I've been here, is sound. I've had success with mono-green as well as U/G, but I've enjoyed the mono-green approach a bit more. Obviously, we both are different players with different styles, but the general concept is clearly one that can be used to win.

Top has always felt like an MVP to me, whereas you always found it wanting. I actually liked pairing it with Ancient Stirrings: tap Top to draw the top card, cast Stirrings, and in the worst case you just pick up the Top again. Nonetheless, I figured I'd try cutting Tops completely as a concept and wanted to adjust the deck as a result. One of the things that most worries me is that a lot of your original sideboard is colored cards, and Ancient Stirrings blasts by all of them. I didn't want to be relying on topdecks to get the sideboard cards I needed, Grip notwithstanding, so I started with the current configuration.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    Top has always felt like an MVP to me, whereas you always found it wanting. I actually liked pairing it with Ancient Stirrings: tap Top to draw the top card, cast Stirrings, and in the worst case you just pick up the Top again. Nonetheless, I figured I'd try cutting Tops completely as a concept and wanted to adjust the deck as a result. One of the things that most worries me is that a lot of your original sideboard is colored cards, and Ancient Stirrings blasts by all of them. I didn't want to be relying on topdecks to get the sideboard cards I needed, Grip notwithstanding, so I started with the current configuration.
    Yeah, that's always been an issue with my board configuration. I've always preferred finding colorless options, where possible.

On that note, your Ratchet Bomb has also really got me thinking. If the Eldrazi deck continues to be a problem, being able to take out all Chalices for 2 colorless is solid. But perhaps Powder Keg might be an option? It's almost identical, but I used to run it back in the day when Affinity was big in my local meta because it takes out artifact lands and manlands. The significant difference is that it doesn't hit planeswalkers and enchantments (so it can't hit Blood Moon). But given that most of the Eldrazi lists run Mishra's Factory, you might be able to get some surprise blowouts. It also would be great against Infect, since they can't even save their Inkmoths with Vines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

On that note, your Ratchet Bomb has also really got me thinking. If the Eldrazi deck continues to be a problem, being able to take out all Chalices for 2 colorless is solid. But perhaps Powder Keg might be an option? It's almost identical, but I used to run it back in the day when Affinity was big in my local meta because it takes out artifact lands and manlands. The significant difference is that it doesn't hit planeswalkers and enchantments (so it can't hit Blood Moon). But given that most of the Eldrazi lists run Mishra's Factory, you might be able to get some surprise blowouts. It also would be great against Infect, since they can't even save their Inkmoths with Vines.
    I admit I'm not 100% sure, but Ratchet Bomb was the first card I thought of and I think it would almost always be better than Powder Keg. True, it doesn't hit man lands, but Pithing Needle, Vesuva, and Krosan Grip can help bridge that gap if they're a concern. I always board in at least one Grip in every single matchup I ever play just as a hedge against something unexpected, and in most matches I'm bringing in more than that. Either has play against tokens and Chalice of the Void - which was the main reason my thoughts went to Bomb first - but that little bit of extra flexibility of Bomb I think more than makes up for the shortcoming of not hitting man lands. Hopefully I'll be able to test more tomorrow, or else I'll have to see what I can learn at my LGS later this week.

I admit I'm not 100% sure, but Ratchet Bomb was the first card I thought of and I think it would almost always be better than Powder Keg. True, it doesn't hit man lands, but Pithing Needle, Vesuva, and Krosan Grip can help bridge that gap if they're a concern. I always board in at least one Grip in every single matchup I ever play just as a hedge against something unexpected, and in most matches I'm bringing in more than that. Either has play against tokens and Chalice of the Void - which was the main reason my thoughts went to Bomb first - but that little bit of extra flexibility of Bomb I think more than makes up for the shortcoming of not hitting man lands. Hopefully I'll be able to test more tomorrow, or else I'll have to see what I can learn at my LGS later this week.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Especially without Exploration anymore, having more cards that can hit Blood Moon on the cheap is probably a lot better than taking out the odd manland. I'm going to do some online testing with a couple of Ratchet Bombs in the board. I think it has real potential in the meta. Especially since if Eldrazi Stompy becomes a real thing, Imperial Painter seems poised to make a comeback to fight it.

Yeah, you're probably right. Especially without Exploration anymore, having more cards that can hit Blood Moon on the cheap is probably a lot better than taking out the odd manland. I'm going to do some online testing with a couple of Ratchet Bombs in the board. I think it has real potential in the meta. Especially since if Eldrazi Stompy becomes a real thing, Imperial Painter seems poised to make a comeback to fight it.
    Why don't u play exploration anymore? I am on the mono g list and can't afford candelabra at the moment and I love exploration. I play 2 MD and they speed up the whole process. On top, I love the combination with exploration in game and ancient, to drop the land drawn. Or is that exactly the reason, because exploration is not colorless?

Quote Originally Posted by cherson View Post
    Why don't u play exploration anymore? I am on the mono g list and can't afford candelabra at the moment and I love exploration. I play 2 MD and they speed up the whole process. On top, I love the combination with exploration in game and ancient, to drop the land drawn. Or is that exactly the reason, because exploration is not colorless?
    I needed to make room for Warping Wail. That's pretty much it.

My current list, but tbh I am not not really satisfied because I worry that I mix too many things in one deck.
    I didn't test it too much,but especially the number of forests seems too low.

1x Bojuka
    1x Cavern of Souls
    4x Cloudpost
    1x Eye of Ugin
    3x Forest
    1x Glacial chasm
    4x Glimmerpost
    1x Karakas
    2x Maze of Ith
    1x Savannah
    1x thespian stage
    2x Vesuva
    3x Windswept Heath

2x Ugin

1x Emrakul
    1x Kozilek, Butcher
    3x Primeval Titan
    3x thought knot seer
    1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless

4x Expedition Map
    3x Pithing Needle
    3x top

4x Crop Rotation
    3x Warping Wail

1x all is dust
    4x Ancient Stirrings

2x exploration

Quote Originally Posted by cherson View Post
    My current list, but tbh I am not not really satisfied because I worry that I mix too many things in one deck.
    I didn't test it too much,but especially the number of forests seems too low.

1x Bojuka
    1x Cavern of Souls
    4x Cloudpost
    1x Eye of Ugin
    3x Forest
    1x Glacial chasm
    4x Glimmerpost
    1x Karakas
    2x Maze of Ith
    1x Savannah
    1x thespian stage
    2x Vesuva
    3x Windswept Heath

2x Ugin

1x Emrakul
    1x Kozilek, Butcher
    3x Primeval Titan
    3x thought knot seer
    1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless

4x Expedition Map
    3x Pithing Needle
    3x top

4x Crop Rotation
    3x Warping Wail

1x all is dust
    4x Ancient Stirrings

2x exploration
    Glacial Chasm main board can probably just be another forest. Otherwise it is probably fine. Maybe the second maze for another forest if you really feel you need more. I'm assuming Savannah represents you are splashing white solely for sideboard cards? If that is the case I highly suggest the 4th green fetchland and at least a second Savannah out of the board. You are really tough for white sources.

Jan 2015
    Portland, OR

Do any of you GR players stream? Or have videos online? I would be interested in seeing how you all deal with things. I had a much better showing with UG this past weekend, and feel pretty happy/confident with my knowledge of that version. It's the GR version that I am still struggling with. I would also love to see any other videos/streams for other versions of the deck. I enjoy watching people play the deck regardless!

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Emrakul503 View Post
    Do any of you GR players stream? Or have videos online? I would be interested in seeing how you all deal with things. I had a much better showing with UG this past weekend, and feel pretty happy/confident with my knowledge of that version. It's the GR version that I am still struggling with. I would also love to see any other videos/streams for other versions of the deck. I enjoy watching people play the deck regardless!
    I stream legacy occasionally and am either playing GR post or painter. I have a few videos saved. My twitch handle is Rude_Eternal.
    And yes, I think Painter is really well positioned right now. Turbo Eldrazi decks pretty much just scoop.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    And yes, I think Painter is really well positioned right now. Turbo Eldrazi decks pretty much just scoop.
    To Painter? If you Needle Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, they can only beat you with bear beats. Even under Moon effects, if you get to 8 mana they just die. Even if they get something like Rest in Peace to go along with the mill plan, Warping Wail kills Painter's Servant.

Nov 2007
    Finland

To Painter? If you Needle Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, they can only beat you with bear beats.
    That would be true if they didn't play Painters servant and up to 8 blasts to Vindicate things.

If you have colorless sweepers you can just make land drops and hope to draw one. They can't combo but you can't ramp so that leaves dork beats and maybe Koth to kill you. It's not auto-loss but it's still very frustrating to navigate through. If they get Jaya active, it's probably a good idea to scoop because you won't get any land drops anymore. Show and Tell gives you some game if you are UG as new koz, Ulamogs and Emrakul deal with blasts naturally. Of course there's Ensnaring Bridge still to deal with.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrakul503 View Post
    I've been looking into setting up a stream, using my Colorless Green build. I think I've got most of the technical stuff figured out. Wife will be out of town next week, so I'm hoping to go live with it to give me something to do. My Twitch handle is "theboozecube."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    That would be true if they didn't play Painters servant and up to 8 blasts to Vindicate things.

If you have colorless sweepers you can just make land drops and hope to draw one. They can't combo but you can't ramp so that leaves dork beats and maybe Koth to kill you. It's not auto-loss but it's still very frustrating to navigate through. If they get Jaya active, it's probably a good idea to scoop because you won't get any land drops anymore. Show and Tell gives you some game if you are UG as new koz, Ulamogs and Emrakul deal with blasts naturally. Of course there's Ensnaring Bridge still to deal with.
    It's a difficult matchup, but certainly not autoscoop. Krosan Grip and Oblivion Stone do a lot of heavy lifting. Ratchet Bomb should also be a solid option if this gets popular again.

I've been looking into setting up a stream, using my Colorless Green build. I think I've got most of the technical stuff figured out. Wife will be out of town next week, so I'm hoping to go live with it to give me something to do. My Twitch handle is "theboozecube."

Will u stream the whole day or at a fixed time? Will u also record the games and put them on twitch?

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

To Painter? If you Needle Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, they can only beat you with bear beats. Even under Moon effects, if you get to 8 mana they just die. Even if they get something like Rest in Peace to go along with the mill plan, Warping Wail kills Painter's Servant.
    First, let me restate this. I'm not talking about 12 post, although this MU I think is favored for painter as well (see below). However, I was talking about the new Eldrazi decks with mimics and such. The combination of painter's servant and blood moon pretty much makes the majority of their deck unplayable. Combining the two biggest sideboard strategies against that deck in modern into your main win cons in legacy fares well for painter in that MU.

As for painter vs 12-post, not such a lop sided affair. But I would still take the painter position most of the time if I had a choice. Game one is usually close as painter can blood moon but can't combo through Emrakul and friends. Like you said, it's a matter of being able to get to 8mana before dying against bears. U/G can also show and tell early. But the downside of the U/G build is that painter is playing with blasts and U/G is also only playing with 1-2 basics a lot of the time. Good painter players will definitely go for Jaya (this MU is the primary reason Jaya is in the deck) and shut off mana resources.
    Post sideboard, most painter players just take out a lot of the combo and beat down with dorks and alt win cons like Koth. and yes, Jaya does a lot of work still. Warping wail isn't that effective with a moon effect in play. And that is always priority one. Side out grindstones. Side in magus (i.e. more magus), more blasts, more dorks and alt win cons. However, if you can get to Ugin, that's usually lights out. I like the g/r post version the most due to board sweepers like Kozi's Return. Although oblivion stone can also get the job done sometimes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    First, let me restate this. I'm not talking about 12 post, although this MU I think is favored for painter as well (see below). However, I was talking about the new Eldrazi decks with mimics and such. The combination of painter's servant and blood moon pretty much makes the majority of their deck unplayable. Combining the two biggest sideboard strategies against that deck in modern into your main win cons in legacy fares well for painter in that MU.
    The communication problem here is that you referred to Eldrazi Stompy as Turbo Eldrazi, which is the name of this thread/alternate name for 12-post (because 12-post is a misnomer considering very few configurations actually run 12 posts...usually only 1 or 2 vesuvas so it's 9-10post at best). Perhaps Turbo Eldrazi is a more fitting name for the new Eldrazi Stompy deck given how it plays out, but the name is already spoken for by this deck, which is where the confusion came in.

I lost a game this way on UG post vs painter...lost to 3x Painter's Servant + Goblin Tinker beats in game 1.

Game 2 I blew up the board with Ugin..with a Painter's Servant on the board...the only permanent left surviving was Ugin himself, which did the job since my opponent had Ancient Tomb'd himself down to 11 life (and he didn't draw the Pyroblast to follow up with the new servant to get rid of it).

Game 3 I lost to Jaya. Matchup does seem rather uphill, particularly because I had no practice against it and so I didn't mull particularly well and I don't really have sideboard answers to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Went undefeated again this week, with a slight variation on the U/G build I have been succeeding with:

// Lands
    1 [P2] Forest (3)
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [OGW] Wastes
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [CHK] Island (3)
    1 [OGW] Sea Gate Wreckage

// Creatures
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 [M11] Primeval Titan
    2 [SOM] Platinum Emperion

// Spells
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [OGW] Warping Wail
    4 [ROE] Ancient Stirrings
    2 [FRF] Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    4 [MM] Brainstorm

// Sideboard
    SB: 3 [OGW] Thought-Knot Seer
    SB: 3 [MMA] Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 [JGC] Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 [NPH] Karn Liberated

Karn was hilariously clunky, and I think I will drop it for either needles or surgical extractions. Or drop relic for surgicals.

Matchups were Mono Blue Control (2-0), Tinfins (2-0), Storm (2-1).
    Well Sir, as far as my testing goes (online) this ver. of the deck is very bad against the aggro eldrazi menace, which is quite frequent here... I don't know, maybe i'm playing it wrong, but i just don't have any answers to it, pre or post board... can you reflect on this particular match-up?

Thread Information