Page 237 of 338 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post
    Well Sir, as far as my testing goes (online) this ver. of the deck is very bad against the aggro eldrazi menace, which is quite frequent here... I don't know, maybe i'm playing it wrong, but i just don't have any answers to it, pre or post board... can you reflect on this particular match-up?
    Presumably, Show and Telling a Platinum Emperion is almost game against them. I believe the stock list only has Ratchet Bomb as a potential answer, which means they'd have to find one and tick it up to 8 before you got anything else going on the board. Either that or they're looking at something like some combo of Dismember and Spatial Contortion (or 2 Dismembers). Basically, landing one of those should be enough to give you the time needed to take over the game. It's not necessarily a dependable strategy, but you still have Prime Time + glimmer post, as well as Glacial Chasm coming in from sideboard.

I think the main point though, is that Rock Lee's meta hasn't really seen any Eldrazi Stompy so he hasn't played it much or at all and so hasn't had to/needed to tune vs it. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was his answer somewhere else in this thread. Edit: This must have been someone else that said it, not Rock Lee. However, could speculate that is the case for him as well.

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Well Sir, as far as my testing goes (online) this ver. of the deck is very bad against the aggro eldrazi menace, which is quite frequent here... I don't know, maybe i'm playing it wrong, but i just don't have any answers to it, pre or post board... can you reflect on this particular match-up?
    I had a conversation with some lands players this week and they believe its a good matchup for them.

I think the way to get them is taxing effects. We've been trying to figure it out how to beat it in Modern, but at least legacy has a wider card selection.

I also suspect Eldrazi will be the breakout deck at SCGPhilly. It's still a MUD deck at heard, so it will mulligan very poorly.

Here's a couple ideas to try, assuming your UG or WG:

- Elephant Grass is weak to chalice and ratchet bomb
    - Ghostly prison/Propaganda seems real good. Force them to pay for attacks is really good. If they keep a eye/temple hand and you ghostly prison on turn 3, you've brick walled them.
    - Painter Servant, shuts 1/2 of the sol lands. Seems like we can vindicate them with BEBs then. I don't think this good enough.
    - Tabernacle (if you got it) is a great card that can gum them up if they are light on lands.
    - Dueling Grounds (if your GW), lets them only attack with their biggest dude. Seems like a lock with maze of ith!
    - Ensaring Bridge if you can unload your hand fast enough
    - They are also weak to sweeps, Wrath or Oblivion Stone. The key is living long enough to be able to use them.

I'm om Tezz tonight with a myriad of hate cards: The Abyss, Ensaring Bridge, Baleful Strix, Toxic Deluge and Blood Moon. I hope to play against the incoming menace.

Nov 2010
    easton

Anyone tried living wish?

I just thought of a few more options to combat Eldrazi Stompy:
    Crawlspace - Cheap, colorless, difficult to Ratchet Bomb, combos well with Maze of Ith, reasonable in other matchups trying to go wide (especially Pyromancers)
    Silent Arbiter - Slightly more expensive than Crawlspace at 4, but more effective, can be tutored up with Eye, has a body to block, immune to Abrupt Decay
    Storage Matrix - Slows them down by forcing them to choose between untapping creatures and lands. Affects us much less, as a single attack with our creatures is usually endgame anyway.
    Meekstone - Downside is that it is vulnerable to Chalice, and doesn't stop Mimics, Revokers, or Endless One on 2. Also lets them attack once. But also seems strong on the play for very cheap, and we can use Karakas to bounce our Eldrazi. (Probably not good enough, but I'm just throwing ideas out there.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

I've been trying oblivion stone, but the problem with answers that don't come down T1/T2 is that they almost always manage to take it from my hand via thought-knot... 1 cmc are not good because of chalice obviously, leaving us i guess with 2 cmc?. I also have trouble SBing since i have to bring in Kgrips that don't hit their threats and take up space in MB and i usually die even if i get to cast it. Thorn of Amethyst is pretty bad against our 3 cmc spells and i often die with my 3 cmc stuck in my hand and/or exiled with thought-knot. Not to mention they are running wastelands... Really though match-up... just nasty...
    if you had to build a dedicated 12post hate deck for eldrazi stompy, what would it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    I just thought of a few more options to combat Eldrazi Stompy:
    Crawlspace - Cheap, colorless, difficult to Ratchet Bomb, combos well with Maze of Ith, reasonable in other matchups trying to go wide (especially Pyromancers)

I considered crawlspace as well. As u mentioned it is also very good in other matchups, goblin, elves, miracle mentor. Only downside is abrupt decay..
    But I will definitely get one and try it.

I've been trying oblivion stone, but the problem with answers that don't come down T1/T2 is that they almost always manage to take it from my hand via thought-knot... 1 cmc are not good because of chalice obviously, leaving us i guess with 2 cmc?. I also have trouble SBing since i have to bring in Kgrips that don't hit their threats and take up space in MB and i usually die even if i get to cast it. Thorn of Amethyst is pretty bad against our 3 cmc spells and i often die with my 3 cmc stuck in my hand and/or exiled with thought-knot. Not to mention they are running wastelands... Really though match-up... just nasty...
    if you had to build a dedicated 12post hate deck for eldrazi stompy, what would it look like?
    Tabernacle seems ok vs them, terminus naturally seems really good. If I were to dedicate a decklist to being eldrazi I would likely stick with gw, adding swords and terminus alongside ramp cards like exploration, and courser to help blunt the assault and get myself online as fast as they can.

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

We know they are weak to wraths/terminus.... doesn't that make miracles better? Doesn't that in turn, make our deck better? :-D

Forcefield is another option, but who has those lying around! Maybe moment's peace into a sweeper is the best course of action?

Maybe we should just be killing the eldrazi's instead? Lol...Ambush Viper?

I'm interested in playing this deck I'm in the process of acquiring a couple of candles but I have to admit it's pretty hard to follow along all the different builds.

G vs RG vs UG vs UW vs Bant 🙈

-Some UGx builds play stirrings, some not
    -I've seen 0-3 pitching needles main
    -repeal seems like it's being phased out, as well as moments peace

Has warping wail established itself as a staple of the deck? If so, how many copies?

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    We know they are weak to wraths/terminus.... doesn't that make miracles better? Doesn't that in turn, make our deck better? :-D

Forcefield is another option, but who has those lying around! Maybe moment's peace into a sweeper is the best course of action?

Maybe we should just be killing the eldrazi's instead? Lol...Ambush Viper?
    Dude that's tits. tried a few games with viper yesterday (standard UG) and he was very good, but the match-ups were goblins and mud, so i can't say too much at this point, but he does cover a few angles and fits on the curve very well. Obviously he is unplayable against storm, lands, etc. i'll do more tests with him. it's funny when the opponent doesn't expect viper (why would he?) and attacks with for example metal worker he definitely get's a few surprise factor points...

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Dude that's tits. tried a few games with viper yesterday (standard UG) and he was very good, but the match-ups were goblins and mud, so i can't say too much at this point, but he does cover a few angles and fits on the curve very well. Obviously he is unplayable against storm, lands, etc. i'll do more tests with him. it's funny when the opponent doesn't expect viper (why would he?) and attacks with for example metal worker he definitely get's a few surprise factor points...
    Sometimes you just need an actual Green Doomblade! It does get warping wailed however.

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    Has warping wail established itself as a staple of the deck? If so, how many copies?
    I certainly think so. I play 4x main in Colorless Green. The only problem I've had with it is that it makes sideboarding more difficult because I so rarely want to cut any (good problem for a card to have!). It strengthens our combo matchups, kills the majority of the most commonly played creatures, and can fog an attack to save your life. It's become the most versatile tool in the deck besides Crop Rotation.

I certainly think so. I play 4x main in Colorless Green. The only problem I've had with it is that it makes sideboarding more difficult because I so rarely want to cut any (good problem for a card to have!). It strengthens our combo matchups, kills the majority of the most commonly played creatures, and can fog an attack to save your life. It's become the most versatile tool in the deck besides Crop Rotation.

This could be wrong, but it seems like the printing of that single card has significantly shored up weaknesses of nonblue versions of this deck by providing a colorless counterspell. Are you playing explorations in your build? Its a card that seems to synergize well with the strategy of a cloudpost deck but unlike 36lands.dec how do you steadily supply 2+ lands per turn?

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    This could be wrong, but it seems like the printing of that single card has significantly shored up weaknesses of nonblue versions of this deck by providing a colorless counterspell. Are you playing explorations in your build? Its a card that seems to synergize well with the strategy of a cloudpost deck but unlike 36lands.dec how do you steadily supply 2+ lands per turn?
    I used to play Exploration, but I cut them for Warping Wail. You kind of hit the nail on the head for why I cut them: amazing in the first two turns, terrible after that because you're not using the extra land drops.

I just had yet another idea about how to fight the Eldrazi menace: Sylvan Scrying gets around Chalice. It also gets around Null Rod, Pithing Needle, Stifle, and other such things. And it just gives us that much more consistency generally. I'm not sure how many to run (and where they slot into the main and/or board). But it's an idea I'm definitely going to test, especially since finding Maze has been so instrumental to the Eldrazi matchup.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Going to be streaming some mono-green Post live on Cockatrice in a few minutes. Set sail for fail!

http://www.twitch.tv/zotmaster

EDIT: Mostly bad beats today, played a lot of random combo. Here's the list I'm currently testing, though.

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Vesuva
    5 Forest
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Warping Wail
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2 Oblivion Stone
    2 Forcefield
    1 Wastes
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 3 Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 3 Thought-Knot Seer

Forcefield seems like it could really have a place right now. It has a lot of game against Eldrazi Stompy, Infect, and Monastery Mentor garbage, and it's another safety valve against Lands. Against a lot of other combo, though, it is considerably less good. Still, I'm keeping it in for now.
    Last edited by Zotmaster; 02-26-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    Going to be streaming some mono-green Post live on Cockatrice in a few minutes. Set sail for fail!

http://www.twitch.tv/zotmaster

EDIT: Mostly bad beats today, played a lot of random combo. Here's the list I'm currently testing, though.

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Vesuva
    5 Forest
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Warping Wail
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2 Oblivion Stone
    2 Forcefield
    1 Wastes
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 3 Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 3 Thought-Knot Seer

Forcefield seems like it could really have a place right now. It has a lot of game against Eldrazi Stompy, Infect, and Monastery Mentor garbage, and it's another safety valve against Lands. Against a lot of other combo, though, it is considerably less good. Still, I'm keeping it in for now.
    I picked up some Forcefields to test on MTGO. Biggest problem (aside from cost in paper) with them is that they are vulnerable to Revoker and Decay. But I don't have enough experience with them yet to reach a verdict. I'd love to hear more about how they played for you in different matchups/situations.

Have people on the UG build given up on repeal for warping wail / ancient stirrings?

Replay of one of the most awesome games I've played in a long time:
    http://youtu.be/COdPVWeWS1Q

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Replay of one of the most awesome games I've played in a long time:
    http://youtu.be/COdPVWeWS1Q

That was disgusting.... Wow...
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Thread Information