Page 286 of 338 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic_Conch View Post
    Anybody else excited for this card? Selvala's Stampede.

CMC 4GG Card Text: Council's dilemma — Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each free vote.

Since all we play are eldrazi or prime times, this could read 6: put two primeval titans or one Eldrazi and one titan into play. Also it says permanent for the "free" vote so you could put an ugin into play potentially. It just seems all around great and an upgrade to Green Sun Zenith. I'm definitely going to try it out since it seems so strong. It does mean unfortunately we would have to stop playing Trinket Mage if we ran Stampede.
    Asymmetrical Eureka or Show and Tell? It's intriguing, and it's possible you could even run Boseiju, Who Shelters All and have it shelter something other than Show and Tell for once. My biggest takeaway from the card is that you can dump planeswalkers with it, possibly opening the door to running Oath of Nissa and other 'walkers. You miss Eldrazi cast triggers and Primeval Titan costs the same amount of mana, and since you're probably running Cavern of Souls anyway, in most cases you'd probably just opt to cast your Titan instead.

I think I might ask some of the players at my LGS what they envision voting for if they ever saw this card, as that kind of information may go a long way in determining what role, if any, the card might play.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Some of what can make this card effective is running multiple emrakul so you can ancient stirrings and reveal that you have it in hand tempting them to choose wild, only to flip another that they likely don't think you have. The fact that you don't get cast triggers off legends makes me less likely to want this over show and tell though.

Other mind games could be top to draw, then cast this. Makes an opponent concerned that you put something food into your hand so they may be more interested in letting you flip cards from your deck since you were willing to lose the top to get that card in hand.

Much of it I think comes down to mind games when resolving this. Choosing wild could lead an opponent to choose free thinking you are really digging and may not have anything in hand yet.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    Some of what can make this card effective is running multiple emrakul so you can ancient stirrings and reveal that you have it in hand tempting them to choose wild, only to flip another that they likely don't think you have. The fact that you don't get cast triggers off legends makes me less likely to want this over show and tell though.

Other mind games could be top to draw, then cast this. Makes an opponent concerned that you put something food into your hand so they may be more interested in letting you flip cards from your deck since you were willing to lose the top to get that card in hand.

Much of it I think comes down to mind games when resolving this. Choosing wild could lead an opponent to choose free thinking you are really digging and may not have anything in hand yet.
    Mind games are always possible, but at least polling the people in my LGS, the general consensus is: "If it resolves, we're voting Free and hoping you can't kill us".
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Jun 2016
    Nebraska, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    This looks like my list, how's Bonfire?
    The deck is still clunky as a whole, nowhere near as consistent as the UG or Gw versions I've played, but Miracle-ing Bonfire is a ton of fun. Hitting your opponent for 15 T4 isn't the most practical win-con, but it gets there.

I've also been saved by it when desperately needing boardwipe and my 1-of Ugin is nowhere to be found. The current iteration is below, I still don't know what I'm doing with the SB but it's been tightened up a bit. I'd be interested in seeing your list and hearing your thoughts on the build. I really like Ugin's Nexus (especially over Stranglehold) though it sometimes hurts more than helps because 5 mana is a lot for temporary do-nothing artifact when you're setting the combo up, but it does make your opponent think twice about casting Decay or Krosan Grip.

Lands (26)
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Wooded Foothills
    3 Taiga
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Cavern of Souls
    2 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    2 Mountain
    1 Nephalia Academy

Creatures (9)
    2 Minna and Denn, Wildborn
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Primeval Titan
    2 Emrakul, the Promised End

Spells (25)
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Ugin's Nexus
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3 Kozilek's Return
    3 Warping Wall
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    2 Expedition Map
    2 Bonfire of the Damned

Sideboard (15)
    1x Bojuka Bog
    2x Krosan Grip
    2x Grafdigger's Cage
    2x Splendid Reclamation
    3x Surgical Extraction
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2x Pyroblast
    1x World Breaker

[Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

How have people's testing experiences with Nephalia Academy been? I keep playing against non-discard decks online, so I can't tell if it's worth slotting in paper for my local weekly tomorrow.

I'm especially interested in how it plays vs Storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorgiKing View Post
    The deck is still clunky as a whole, nowhere near as consistent as the UG or Gw versions I've played, but Miracle-ing Bonfire is a ton of fun. Hitting your opponent for 15 T4 isn't the most practical win-con, but it gets there.

I've also been saved by it when desperately needing boardwipe and my 1-of Ugin is nowhere to be found. The current iteration is below, I still don't know what I'm doing with the SB but it's been tightened up a bit. I'd be interested in seeing your list and hearing your thoughts on the build. I really like Ugin's Nexus (especially over Stranglehold) though it sometimes hurts more than helps because 5 mana is a lot for temporary do-nothing artifact when you're setting the combo up, but it does make your opponent think twice about casting Decay or Krosan Grip.

Lands (26)
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Wooded Foothills
    3 Taiga
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Cavern of Souls
    2 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    2 Mountain
    1 Nephalia Academy

Creatures (9)
    2 Minna and Denn, Wildborn
    4 Primeval Titan
    2 Emrakul, the Promised End

Spells (25)
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Ugin's Nexus
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3 Kozilek's Return
    3 Warping Wall
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    2 Expedition Map
    2 Bonfire of the Damned

Sideboard (15)
    1x Bojuka Bog
    2x Krosan Grip
    2x Grafdigger's Cage
    2x Splendid Reclamation
    3x Surgical Extraction
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2x Pyroblast
    1x World Breaker
    Lands
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Forest
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    1 Glacial Chasm
    2 Taiga
    3 Vesuva
    4 Wooded Foothills

Creatures
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Mina and Denn, Wildborn
    4 Primeval Titan
    3 Thought-Knot Seer

Spells
    2 Ancient Stirrings
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Kozilek's Return
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Expedition Map
    2 Bonfire of the Damned

I changed it and started trying Bonfire on MTGO, haven't been super happy yet though...
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I went 2-2 with my list at my LGS,

R1: Burn 1-2
    R2: S&T 2-1 (turn 2 Emrakul FTW)
    R3: Manaless 2-0
    R4: Tezzerator 0-2 (he stole game 2 with Leyline/Helm, because I was going to win that one)
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

So this past weekend at SCG INV/NJ I played Emrakul, the Promised End....

I unlocked the ultimate victory against Ad Neaseum (in modern sadly). I cast Emrakul and took their turn to cast there Ad Neaseum. Whoops, your dead.

Mediocre runs all around. The good news is in legacy. I was finally able to beat delver twice, including the person that beat me with UR in Baltimore. I ended up 4-3 drop in the 9 round event.
    Losses were to
    #1. Death and Taxes. New Thalia game 3 defeated me... I needed to block, but my dudes decided to enter play tapped.
    #2. Goblins. They had wasteland for my tab. I resolved primetime then got attacked back 1 life, then they lightning bolted me.
    #3. Miracles. Sometimes you get nut drawn. Cast two thoughtknots in one turn, 1st into a force. 2nd revealed mentor, bloodmoon, flusterstorm and brainstorm. I took mentor, leaving him with bloodmoon. He untapped, deployed bloodmoon, brainstormed into Jace, TMS and a 2nd mentor. I died with all mountains in play; as it was a eldrazi heavy had without basics. :-/ Not sure what correct card was to take in this situation.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    Cast two thoughtknots in one turn, 1st into a force. 2nd revealed mentor, bloodmoon, flusterstorm and brainstorm. I took mentor, leaving him with bloodmoon. He untapped, deployed bloodmoon, brainstormed into Jace, TMS and a 2nd mentor. I died with all mountains in play; as it was a eldrazi heavy had without basics. :-/ Not sure what correct card was to take in this situation.
    Blood Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Blood Moon.
    As obvious as this is. I second this

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

I just lost a lot of confidence in this thread.
    Tusk Up

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    So this past weekend at SCG INV/NJ I played Emrakul, the Promised End....

I unlocked the ultimate victory against Ad Neaseum (in modern sadly). I cast Emrakul and took their turn to cast there Ad Neaseum. Whoops, your dead.

Mediocre runs all around. The good news is in legacy. I was finally able to beat delver twice, including the person that beat me with UR in Baltimore. I ended up 4-3 drop in the 9 round event.
    Losses were to
    #1. Death and Taxes. New Thalia game 3 defeated me... I needed to block, but my dudes decided to enter play tapped.
    #2. Goblins. They had wasteland for my tab. I resolved primetime then got attacked back 1 life, then they lightning bolted me.
    #3. Miracles. Sometimes you get nut drawn. Cast two thoughtknots in one turn, 1st into a force. 2nd revealed mentor, bloodmoon, flusterstorm and brainstorm. I took mentor, leaving him with bloodmoon. He untapped, deployed bloodmoon, brainstormed into Jace, TMS and a 2nd mentor. I died with all mountains in play; as it was a eldrazi heavy had without basics. :-/ Not sure what correct card was to take in this situation.
    Yeah, you heavily misplayed in not taking the immediate game-ender. Your Miracles opponent, at that point, would have played their Mentor and BS, leaving not enough mana up for Jace. IF your hand was a C-heavy as you're implying here, then making sure you're unlikely to see another C-source is the wrong call.

heyyy Long time no talk guys for those that don't remember me my name is John Kassari (look me up for older 12 Post lists) [Tried UG originally but now on Mono Green Post] and I just bought the 12 Post deck again on MTGO because i'll be grinding Legacy for next years Legacy GP's I usually stream on Twitch.tv/ehhhhhhh

3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Primeval Titan
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Veteran Explorer
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    2 Warping Wail

2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    1 Snow-Covered Plains
    3 Savannah
    1 Vesuva
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost

3 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Circle of Protection: Red
    1 Dawnstrider
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Thespian's Stage

[Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Blood Moon.
    This. I didn't even need to know any of the other cards in hand. (Unless they're also holding Armageddon. Or you're holding Krosan Grip.)

[Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Went 3-1 at Legacy last night. Beat Miracles, Landstill, Manaless Dredge. Lost to Shardless after mulls to 5 both games.

My "match" vs Dredge was on camera. It was pretty brutal, especially since I knew my opponent was on it. But here it is, if anyone's interested:
    https://www.twitch.tv/meadhallgames/v/85525480
    My match starts at around 2:20:00 (although they never changed the name from my friend who played Belcher in the prior round).

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Yeah, you heavily misplayed in not taking the immediate game-ender. Your Miracles opponent, at that point, would have played their Mentor and BS, leaving not enough mana up for Jace. IF your hand was a C-heavy as you're implying here, then making sure you're unlikely to see another C-source is the wrong call.
    To all the machooga naysayers. his board/hand hugely depends. I very often let opponents keep blood moon and let it affect them more than me, or advance my board state and then eot grip it.

You definitely can't tell just from the information provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
    heyyy Long time no talk guys for those that don't remember me my name is John Kassari (look me up for older 12 Post lists) [Tried UG originally but now on Mono Green Post] and I just bought the 12 Post deck again on MTGO because i'll be grinding Legacy for next years Legacy GP's I usually stream on Twitch.tv/ehhhhhhh

3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Primeval Titan
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Veteran Explorer
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    2 Warping Wail

2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    1 Snow-Covered Plains
    3 Savannah
    1 Vesuva
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost

3 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Circle of Protection: Red
    1 Dawnstrider
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Thespian's Stage

Hi John, nice to see you're back at grinding 12-post again. Been following your streams and innovations quite some time. Just wondering, I see knight of the reliquary as a beater, but how did you like tireless tracker? I found it quickly take the game over with card advantage.

+1 to this. Jon's day one run at GP SEA was awesome to behold.

I like pulling Depths and moving Stage to the SB right now. How are you linking this current build against Eldrazi? I recall that you were toying with Moat in a recent build, but that it wasn't playing out to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hencules View Post
    Hi John, nice to see you're back at grinding 12-post again. Been following your streams and innovations quite some time. Just wondering, I see knight of the reliquary as a beater, but how did you like tireless tracker? I found it quickly take the game over with card advantage.
    SO this build has a ton of G/W lands Including the GSZ Dryad Arbor into Knight t2... it plays out a little better because you have more threats overall and Knight is great vs Wasteland allowing you to ramp up quicker and has a great presence in the deck - GSZ Target ... i'm suprised I didn't run him earlier actually. Tireless tracker is also great but my build can play Two colors effectively since I have alot more sources of colored mana. [The guy ramps also] - The main reason I'm trying him out is because I wanted to test Swords in the main to defeat Delver Draws and it has been looking great

Quote Originally Posted by Aberosh1819 View Post
    +1 to this. Jon's day one run at GP SEA was awesome to behold.

I like pulling Depths and moving Stage to the SB right now. How are you linking this current build against Eldrazi? I recall that you were toying with Moat in a recent build, but that it wasn't playing out to expectations.
    Yeah I might try the Moat + Dark Depths again .. for now I'm trying the Swords + Knight

Thread Information