Page 336 of 338 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338 LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] 12 Post

My list by the way
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    Thanks for the detailed report !

I am still unsure about Emmy 2.0. Sometimes you do crazy things with her (that you would like to be recorded on video), and sometimes she just do nothing but giving opp an extra card. So sometimes I maindeck her, sometimes I keep her in the board.
    Yeah, the card is a little all-over-the-place. However, I think that overall, it's a good maindeck card, because many times, she was the only Eldrazi I could actually cast, because of her natural cost reduction. Trample and Protection from Instants is also pretty good versus White removal/decks (the non-Terminus kind).
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    My list by the way
    Forcefield is intriguing. I picked one up for EDH a few years back, and it’s been on my maybeboard for Post for a while. What have your experiences with it been like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Good against any big creatures, eg eldrazi or Marit Lage, or against Infect (sometimes too slow in this case though) . Like Maze, it can force opp to overplay threats, and hence it combines well with Drop of Honey.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Hey guys, I’ve been on infect for 3 years and would like to try something new. I have the majority of this deck already but am missing some key cards. Obviously they are the Candels and Tab. I was wondering how essential they are for the deck, and what substitutions I could make.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

The Primeval Titan versions of 12 Post lean much less on Candelabra or Tabernacle than the C/g (i.e. mostly colorless, some green) builds that have been having the most success lately. Basically Titan provides the fast ramp instead of Candelabra. Primeval Titan builds suffered the most from the Top ban, however, since they have 4 additional awkward draws, so you will want the full 4 Brainstorms and Ponders and probably some number of Sylvan Library. You'll want 3-4 Show and Tells also.

U/G versions usually play 0-2 Candelabras and 0-1 Tabernacle. The Candelabras can be nice, but usually aren't necessary because the game plan is to get posts off of S&T -> Primeval Titan which is enough. Tabernacle can slow down some decks under the right conditions, but since you don't threaten their mana they will eventually power through Tabernacle. Any other card that buys time against creatures can reasonably substitute (e.g. Moment's Peace, Cyclonic Rift).

Wait to buy Candelabras until you're sure you like the deck.
    a.k.a. Eddy Viscosity

After a long hiatus, I’ve checked the spoilers yesterday and was surprised to see a potentially playable card that got me excited. BladewingX and I have started to discuss the card on discord. I’m pasting the transcript below. What are your thoughts on this card and the new mulligan rule?

PrimeTime
    http://mythicspoiler.com/war/cards/lazotepplating.html is this playable? Protects from wasteland, discard, storm,...? a creature on the board as a bonus?

BladewingX
    the token is very helpful, seeing how everyone is going to replace diabolic edict with liliana's triumph
    card seems VERY strong for us.
    it combines all the utility cards into one:
    -> discard protection
    -> storm counterspells
    -> edict protection
    -> wasteland protection

Would still run a number of flusterstorms, though.
    oh also chump blocks angler and the like for a turn

PrimeTime
    Yep, I think they finally messed up and printed a card that’s playable for us. Gets around some nasty ultimates as well Jace, lily and so forth, hell it beats decay and trophy! Doesn’t beat PoP though. The new mulligan rule should also do wonders for us...still no top replacement, but it’s good to see a small ray of light at the end of the tunnel...

Hey everyone, I am recently new to post and have been playing a list similar to the one above. I know this isn't the most popular version of post, but I would appreciate it if anyone has any boarding help. I know the general idea of when to bring things in, its the cutting of certain cards that I am unsure about. This is my current list

1x Bojuka Bog
    4x Cloudpost
    1x Eye of Ugin
    3x Forest
    1x Glacial Chasm
    4x Glimmerpost
    4x Grove of the Burnwillows
    1x Karakas
    1x Maze of Ith
    2x Mountain
    2x Taiga
    2x Vesuva
    2x Elvish Rejuvenator
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4x Primeval Titan
    1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1x Walking Ballista
    1x Wurmcoil Engine
    4x Crop Rotation
    3x Punishing Fire
    1x Through the Breach
    2x All Is Dust
    4x Ancient Stirrings
    3x Expedition Map
    4x Pithing Needle
    2x Treasure Map
    1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Sideboard:
    3x Faerie Macabre
    1x Kozilek's Return
    3x Krosan Grip
    1x Red Elemental Blast
    1x Surgical Extraction
    3x Thorn of Amethyst
    3x Thought-Knot Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Loxmatii View Post
    Couple of days ago i won Big Legacy in Moscow- TopDeck Open
    84 people

The list was:

MonoG POST

// 61 Maindeck
    // 10 Artifact
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Pithing Needle

// 4 Creature
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End

// 4 Instant
    4 Crop Rotation

// 29 Land
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    7 Forest
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Karakas
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Vesuva
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Ancient Tomb

// 2 Planeswalker
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

// 2 Enchantment
    2 Sylvan Libary

// 10 Sorcery
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Explore
    2 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Thought-Knot Seer
    SB: 2 Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction

I have tested the list a lot. And pretty saticfied with sideboard

Matches were:

1) ub shadow 2-0
    2) enchantress 2-0
    3) dnt 2-0
    4) miracles 2-0
    5) merfolks 2-1
    6) id
    7) id

Top8- manaless dredge 2-0
    Top4- dnt 2-0
    Top2- elves 2-1

I was really lucky with pairings. And the deck worked ok. 4 explores in main and 4 tks in sideboard- were the best at this weekend (:
    I think this list is very solid.

Today 2 league 4 1

First league w vs Ur delver, big eldrazi, show and tell, maverick... Lose vs omnitell

Second league w vs elf, grixis controll, food chain, lands... Lose vs tes

Main deck i don't love 61 cards,i cut 1 expedition map.

The new Ugin and new Karn may have given this deck a shot in the arm. Two lists 5-0ed on mtgo using these cards

Titan Post
    Creatures (9)
    2 Elvish Rejuvenator 2g 0.02
    3 Primeval Titan 4gg 22.86
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion 8cc 0.21
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger 10 8.10
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 15 6.17
    Planeswalkers (3)
    2 Ugin, the Ineffable 6 3.70
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon 8 0.07
    Spells (11)
    4 Ancient Stirrings g 0.20
    4 Crop Rotation g 1.76
    3 Punishing Fire 1r 0.06
    Artifacts (10)
    3 Expedition Map 1 0.12
    4 Pithing Needle 1 0.88
    2 Treasure Map 2 0.28
    1 Boompile 4 1.31
    Enchantments (1)
    1 From Beyond 3g 0.01
    Lands (26)
    1 Bojuka Bog 0.13
    4 Cloudpost 0.08
    1 Eye of Ugin 0.63
    3 Forest 0.00
    4 Glimmerpost 0.04
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows 13.16
    1 Karakas 2.12
    2 Maze of Ith 6.70
    2 Taiga 1.22
    4 Vesuva 2.24

Mono G Post
    Creatures (4)
    1 Walking Ballista xx 8.19
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth 10 1.91
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger 10 4.05
    Planeswalkers (5)
    3 Karn, the Great Creator 4 28.44
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon 8 0.14
    Spells (10)
    4 Crop Rotation g 1.76
    2 All Is Dust 7 2.92
    Artifacts (13)
    4 Candelabra of Tawnos 1 21.20
    4 Expedition Map 1 0.16
    3 Pithing Needle 1 0.66
    2 Mirage Mirror 3 0.04
    Lands (28)
    1 Blast Zone 6.09
    1 Bojuka Bog 0.13
    4 Cloudpost 0.08
    2 Eye of Ugin 1.26
    7 Forest 0.00
    4 Glimmerpost 0.04
    1 Karakas 2.12
    2 Maze of Ith 6.70
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale 2.43
    1 Thespian's Stage 0.24
    4 Vesuva 2.24
    Sideboard (15)
    1 Engineered Explosives x 28.99
    1 Tormod's Crypt 0 0.59
    1 Walking Ballista xx 8.19
    2 Surgical Extraction bp 78.78
    1 Ratchet Bomb 2 0.21
    3 Sphere of Resistance 2 1.77
    1 Ensnaring Bridge 3 19.66
    3 Krosan Grip 2g 0.12
    1 Jester's Cap 4 0.02
    1 Mycosynth Lattice 6 3.51
    75 Cards Total

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/tourname...19-05-04#paper

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    The new Ugin and new Karn may have given this deck a shot in the arm. Two lists 5-0ed on mtgo using these cards

Titan Post
    Creatures (9)
    2 Elvish Rejuvenator 2g 0.02
    3 Primeval Titan 4gg 22.86
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion 8cc 0.21
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger 10 8.10
    Planeswalkers (3)
    2 Ugin, the Ineffable 6 3.70
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon 8 0.07
    Spells (11)
    4 Crop Rotation g 1.76
    3 Punishing Fire 1r 0.06
    Artifacts (10)
    3 Expedition Map 1 0.12
    4 Pithing Needle 1 0.88
    2 Treasure Map 2 0.28
    1 Boompile 4 1.31
    Enchantments (1)
    1 From Beyond 3g 0.01
    Lands (26)
    1 Bojuka Bog 0.13
    4 Cloudpost 0.08
    1 Eye of Ugin 0.63
    3 Forest 0.00
    4 Glimmerpost 0.04
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows 13.16
    1 Karakas 2.12
    2 Maze of Ith 6.70
    2 Taiga 1.22
    4 Vesuva 2.24

I was actually wondering about getting this deck for MTGO. That chap has managed 3x 5-0s with variations of it (search under player name). Is it a real thing, or did he just got lucky?

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

I played in the large legacy event at SCG Con two weekends ago with the following Cg list:

4 Cloudpost, Glimmerpost, Vesuva
    7 Forest
    2 Blast Zone
    1 Stage, Karakas, Bog, Eye, Chasm, Tabernacle
    3 Maze

1 Old Emrakul, New Emrakul, New Kozilek, New Ulamog
    2 Old Ugin
    1 All is Dust

4 Crop Rotation, Stirrings, Map, Candelabra, Wail
    3 Needle

Sideboard:
    4 Krosan Grip
    3 Surgical
    2 Trinisphere, Ratchet Bomb
    1 Dark Depths, Spyglass, TKS, Sphere of Resistance

This is my usual list with -1 All is Dust, -1 From Beyond, +2 Blast Zone. Karn, the Great Creator was not proving so great at creating wins in my testing, and I wanted to freely name opposing Karns with my Needles without creating dead draws for myself. I expected a lot of Karn/Lattice decks, and Needle is the only meaningful maindeck interaction that can be deployed quickly. Blast Zone, on the other hand, is good at removing planeswalkers which this deck struggles to beat sometimes. Being serviceable (or so I thought) against regular creature decks is a bonus, as is being an additional land that enters untapped. I wanted to play two copies, and since it plays a similar role to All is Dust I cut one of those for the second copy. Dreadhorde Arcanist was so annoying in testing that I wanted all four Wails to have more removal for it. I had moved away from Dark Depths in the sideboard, but brought it back to have another angle of attack against the Blood Moon decks that I expected to show up to prey on the big colorless decks. The fourth Krosan Grip is there for the same reason, and to have more counterplay against Lattice.

Matches (5-3 overall)
    1-2 vs. Belcher
    2-1 vs. Karn Post
    2-0 vs. UB Midrange
    2-0 vs. Sneak and Show
    2-0 vs. Dredge
    1-2 vs. Goblins
    2-0 vs. UW Miracles w/ Entreat
    0-2 vs. Grixis Arcanist Delver

Match Reports:
    Round 1: 1-2 vs. Belcher
    Game 1: I am on the play and keep a 7-card hand with Forest, Cloudpost, Stage, and Crop Rotation. I decide to play out the Forest in order to play the Cloudpost next turn with Crop Rotation backup, and to have some interaction up since I have no idea what he's playing. His first spell is a Lotus Petal, then an LED which makes me very suspicious. He Land Grants for Stomping Ground and has enough to cast and activate Belcher. I make him show me the deck and it has nothing unusual.

On the drive to the tournament I was thinking about how no one seems to play Belcher anymore, so I'm wryly smiling to myself while sideboarding:

-2 Blast Zone, -1 Bog, -3 Maze, -1 Ulamog, -2 Ugin, -1 All is Dust
    +2 Trinisphere, +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Depths, +1 Spyglass, +1 TKS, +1 Sphere of Resistance, +2 Krosan Grip
    Krosan Grip gets the nod over the sweepers because the Bombs give enough ways to deal with Goblin tokens that the only real danger is Charbelcher itself. Sometimes they can play but not activate it, and Krosan Grip is better there. They also might sequence incorrectly and allow you to grip an LED with a ritual on the stack.

Game 2: I keep 7 with Cloudpost, Forest, Grip, Wail, Stirrings, Trinisphere, Karakas. He mulligans to 6 and I lead on Cloudpost in order to either deploy Bomb, hold up Wail, or Stir for action. He does nothing on turn 1, so I play Forest and pass. He puts Belcher in play, I Grip it on my turn, then Trinisphere locks him out until New Emrakul eventually seals the game.

Game 3: I keep 6 with Tabernacle, Needle, Forest, so I can beat anything other than a turn 1 Belcher activation. Naturally, he has a Land Grant, a Belcher, and 5 rituals including Rite of Flame, so I lose.

Round 2: 2-1 vs. Karn Post
    This person played at my local shop before I moved and he knows I *almost* always play 12 Post, but the *almost* part has him unsure. I remember that he usually plays Grixis colors - Storm, Delver, or control - and I assume he's playing one of the latter two since Storm is much more difficult to beat.

Game 1: I am on the play and keep 7 on the strength of a Cloudpost, a Maze, and a Warping Wail, with an Ulamog for the late game. I Stir and take a Vesuva, expecting to end up copying the Maze to hold of Delvers. Instead he plays a Cloudpost of his own. I figure he's playing the Planeswalker version, so I Vesuva my Cloudpost and pass back. At this point, if he plays another post I will have 9 mana from my 2 Cloudpost + 1 Forest, and can make an Eldrazi Scion on his end step to get Ulamog mana and exile his Cloudposts. He reluctantly plays a Glimmerpost, then a Karn, Scion of Urza making a Construct. I make the Scion, untap, and he scoops to Ulamog exiling his posts.

-1 Bog, -1 Tabernacle, -1 Kozilek, -4 Wail, -1 All is Dust, -1 Maze
    +4 Grip, +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Dark Depths, +1 Spyglass, +1 TKS
    The idea is to have answers to Chalice, Lattice, and Karn. Depths can sometimes steal wins against these decks since they can't really interact with lands and don't have flying blockers. TKS is there to snipe Karns or Karn-wish targets, and to put some pressure on their planeswalkers. Ugin stays in for the same reason despite being inefficient.

Game 2: I keep a 6 with Needle, Crop Rotation, Map, Cloudpost, Forest, Grip. It is vulnerable to Chalice and needs to find a threat, but shuts down Karn, has mana, and has two paths to Eye of Ugin if Chalice does not appear. It's a bit slow for the matchup, but I keep and scry away an Ancient Stirrings since I'm really just worried about Chalice. There is no Chalice, and I Needle Karn TGC. he has a Trinisphere, but I don't really care since my mana development is slow. I get to 2x Forest, 2x Cloudpost and Candelabras while he has 2x Cloudpost, a Grim Monolith, and some Sol lands. He gets an Ulamog before I find any real action, and this time my Cloudposts get exiled and I scoop.

Game 3: I keep 7 with double Cloudpost, Forest, Crop Rotation, Karakas. The idea is to let him power up my Cloudposts enough that I can rotate for Eye and then search for Ulamog on his end step, which should lock up the game. He plays a Karn Scion of Urza and a Walking Ballista, but neither of those stop my plan which is good enough to win.

Round 3: 2-0 vs. UB Midrange
    This deck is basically Grixis Control without red, instead with more Lilianas and Vendilion Cliques. Apparently this person sat near me in the previous round and was not happy to see me as his opponent.

Game 1: I am on the play, keep 7, and lead with Forest + Candelabra. He Thoughtseizes and sees a hand with 3x Crop Rotation and lands, including a Cloudpost. I draw a Wail and play a Cloudpost. He Hymns me which takes away a Crop Rotation and an irrelevant land. I play lands while he cantrips, then on my fourth turn I play out a Stage with Forest + 2 Cloudpost + Candelabra in play. My hand is Wail + Crop Rotation, so when he Snapcaster-Hymns me I respond by rotating for Eye and Wailing away the Snapcaster. I turn Stage into Cloudpost, untap them all, search for Emrakul, untap and cast it for the win. I think he meant to Force the Crop Rotation but forgot to.

-1 Bog, -1 Blast Zone
    +1 Krosan Grip, +1 Ratchet Bomb
    From what I saw it's possible that he's playing Death's Shadow, or Grixis Control cleverly concealing the red mana. With this split I'm hedging against hate enchantments and True-Name. Ordinarily I would have brought out a Needle, but if he's playing Shadow then Needles will be critical so I keep them all in.

Game 2: I keep a hand with Maze of Ith in case he's playing Death's Shadow. I have several expensive cards in hand but am short on mana, so I topdeck while he deploys planeswalkers - Liliana the Last Hope and Liliana of the Veil. I start discarding my big cards since I have a Map in play that can fetch Eye -> Ulamog, and I expect the Ugins won't resolve anyway and removing LotV before it ultimates is paramount. I eventually topdeck the land I need, and the Ulamog unbelievably resolves. I attack for a chunk of his library, and he fails to find Back to Basics or an edict.

Round 4: 2-0 vs. Sneak and Show (with Omniscience)
    Game 1: I recognize this person's name as someone who used to play a Grixis Reanimator build, so I mulligan with that in mind since that matchup is winnable with a fairly wide range of opening hands. I eventually keep a 6 with Maze, Forest, Cloudpost, and Stirrings but no graveyard interaction, which I decide to keep since Maze might be enough, I am on the draw anyway, and he might not be playing Reanimator. I scry a Crop Rotation to the top which is a huge relief. He plays Scalding Tarn and passes, I play Forest and pass, expecting an EOT Entomb. It does not happen, instead he fetches Volcanic Island and cantrips. I play the Cloudpost and pass, and after two more turns of land-cantrip-pass from him I decide he is probably playing Sneak and Show. He has 7 cards in hand, so I don't expect my Crop Rotation to resolve but it does, so I get Eye -> Emrakul the Promised End. I untap, cast it, and see that he has S&T + Omniscience + Griselbrand but not Emrakul. He is at 17 from fetches and has an Ancient Tomb in play, so I make him S&T the Omniscience using Tomb, cast Griselbrand to draw 14, then cantrip for a fetch to kill himself. This game was easily the highlight of the day.

-1 Bog, -1 Chasm, -1 Tabernacle, -2 Ugin, -2 Blast Zone, -2 Maze, -1 Candelabra, -1 Map
    +2 Trinisphere, +4 Grip, +1 Spyglass, +1 TKS, +1 Sphere of Resistance, +2 Surgical
    Having a Maze can sometimes be helpful, so I like to leave in 1 or 2. Surgical is for removing Show and Tell after successfully disrupting their first attempt, or for getting information about what to put in for S&T.

Game 2: He seems a bit too excited to keep 6, so I suspect either a fast combo or Blood Moon. I have a Trinisphere to stop the combo and a Krosan Grip for Blood Moon in my 6, so I keep. I play a Cloudpost, then Forest -> Stirrings -> Needle on Sneak Attack before he plays Blood Moon. I leave it in play for a while to constrain his cantrips, but decide to blow it up when I have the mana to Eye -> Ulamog. I Stir first just in case, and find a second Candelabra which is enough to cast the Emrakul 1.0 I have in hand.

Round 5: 2-0 vs. LED Dredge
    Game 1: I keep 7 on the play and lead with Forest -> Needle on Wasteland. He plays a land and Therapies himself to discard a Thug. I have a Crop Rotation, but let him dredge, then cast Thug to flashback Therapy on himself. With this slow start, rotating for Bog shuts him down entirely apart from a hardcast Prized Amalgam. I have 6 turns before Amalgam kills me, but I manage to find the lands for Eye -> Emrakul.

-1 Maze, -2 Blast Zone, -1 Kozilek, -1 All is Dust, -1 Needle, -1 Candelabra
    +3 Surgical, +2 Trinisphere, +2 Ratchet Bomb
    This is just trimming on effects that are too slow or too low-impact in order to bring in more graveyard hate and faster answers to large numbers of tokens. Dredge usually ends up light on lands so Trinisphere can lock them out entirely. This is useful because beating the board-presence element of their deck is fairly easy, but not when it is backed up by disruption, combo (Dread Return), or raw speed. Locking out their anti-hate can sometimes be relevant too. The remaining Mazes are to deal with the lone Ichorids that often follow a graveyard wipe.

Game 2: I keep 6 with Surgical, Cloudpost, Trinisphere, Vesuva, Forest, Wail. He has a stronger start this time, but the dredges are not very threatening. I play Cloudpost, Surgical an Ichorid and pass so that next turn I can play Forest to hold up Wail and bluff Crop Rotation while still setting up for Trinisphere on turn 3. He flashes back a Therapy off a Narcomoeba, and I reach for my Forest to bluff Crop Rotation, which he names. He plays Faithless Looting into the Wail and passes. I play the Trinisphere and pass, being essentially in topdeck mode now. His lands are 3 City of Brass/Mana Confluence, so the Trinisphere basically becomes a beatdown card as he takes normal draws for some reason. I end up drawing all three Surgicals, with which I'm able to extract all his self-reanimating creatures and earn a concession.

Round 6: 1-2 vs. Goblins
    Game 1: I sat near this person in the previous round and know what he's playing, so I keep a hand on the strength of Pithing Needle, double Cloudpost, and Ugin. I am on the draw and he has a turn 1 Lackey, but having no Maze of Ith yet I decide to play out the Needle on Wasteland. This Lackey turns out not to be all that threatening, but he does have two Rishadan Ports to mess with my Cloudposts. He casts a Cratermaker while I have a Needle and a Candelabra in play and chooses to destroy the Needle despite having no Wasteland. He ports down a Cloudpost using the one remaining Port and I topdeck a Vesuva which lets me untap all the Cloudposts to cast Ugin. Ugin runs away with the game.

-1 Bog, -1 Blast Zone, -1 Kozilek,
    +1 Spyglass, +1 Depths, +2 Krosan Grip
    Sometimes Marit Lage can get them. Spyglass is just an extra Needle effect for redundancy in the face of Trashmaster, and Grip is for Blood Moons.

Game 2: I keep 7 with Forest, 2 Cloudpost, Maze, Crop Rotation, and Candelabra. I play out some lands while he has just a Vial and little pressure, which makes me suspect Blood Moon. He plays one on turn 3, which basically shuts off my hand. A Krosan Grip off the top would unlock all the mana and Maze + Candelabra, but I have to draw one. On his next turn he drops a Warchief and a Piledriver and attacks for half my life total. The next draw step is not a Krosan Grip so I lose.

Game 3: I keep 6 with Ugin, Cloudposts, Needle, and Grip but no green mana. The plan is to let Needle get me there, but he has a Trashmaster to kill the Needle and a Candelabra with a Wasteland sitting in play. I offer up a second Cloudpost to get rid of the Wasteland so that I can hopefully topdeck my way into casting Ugin, preferably including a Forest so I can Grip his Needle that is shutting off Candelabra. The draw steps do not deliver.

Round 7: 2-0 vs. UW Miracles
    Game 1: He seems convinced he is going to lose, so I figure he is playing UW control in some form. I have a hand with a Map, multiple Cloudposts, and a Kozilek so I keep. I eventually draw a hand full of threats and crack Map to get Eye -> Emrakul, which is almost too slow as he miracles Entreat for one fewer angel than would be required to kill me. Fortunately I can cast the Emrakul on my turn, and I bait him into countering something other than the Crop Rotation that gets Karakas.

-4 Wail, -2 Needle, -2 Crop Rotation
    +4 Grip, +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Trinisphere, +1 TKS
    Ordinarily I would have cut a Needle and swapped a second with Spyglass to answer planeswalkers, but With Blast Zone I think that's unnecessary - better to blow them up especially now that some of them have static abilities. Ratchet Bomb is to answer tokens, Counterbalance, or B2B. TKS is there to snipe counterspells, and Trinisphere is there to slow down their cantripping for answers.

Game 2: A blowout. He Narsets into B2B and Force, but I have the Krosan Grip and bait him into using the Force on a Map instead of a threat. I eventually have just enough to Eye -> Emrakul and cast it while he has only five lands and a Snapcaster as permanents.

Round 8: 0-2 vs. Grixis Arcanist Delver
    Game 1: I expect he's playing this deck, so I keep a hand with Blast Zone for Arcanist, Cloudposts, and a Maze for Delvers. He does not have an early Wasteland, but does find one for the Cloudpost the turn before I draw Needle. I have three green cards in hand but no Forest, and the lifegain from Glimmerposts eventually gets worn down.

-1 Kozilek, -2 Blast Zone
    +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Trinisphere
    I saw Young Pyromancer and expect True-Name, and Ratchet Bomb is more mana-efficient at removing Arcanist than Blast Zone so it comes in. Trinisphere might not be necessary, but I wanted to see how effective it is at nullifying Arcanists.

Game 2: I mulligan to 4 and keep Stirrings, Crop Rotation, Maze, Tabernacle scrying a Cloudpost to the top. I play out the Maze, he plays a Delver. I play the Tabernacle as Wasteland bait to pave the way for Cloudpost, and it does get Wastelanded. I topdeck extremely well in terms of mana, drawing multiple Cloudposts, Glimmerposts, and Vesuvas to copy Maze. If not for a timely Lightning Bolt this would have been enough, as I would have topdecked a Glimmerpost to make 20 mana to Eye -> Emrakul, then search again for New Emrakul on the following turn. I never draw a Forest for either of the green spells in my opening hand.

Observations:
    1. The summary of the tournament is that I got lucky in matchups where I didn't really need it and was not lucky in the matchups where luck is required. Part of the luck was seeing a lot of keepable 7- and 6-card hands, which is somewhat unusual.
    2. Three of the game losses came from not finding green mana to cast green cards from the opening hand. I think now that 8 green sources is better than 7, and the recent 5-0 lists from MTGO seem to back this up. I am not sure yet whether 8 basic Forests is the correct choice. Perhaps some of them should be fetches or Nurturing Peatlands (to cast Surgical for 1 less life).
    3. Blast Zone is good against planeswalkers because the decks that play them tend to be slow, giving you time to tick up Blast Zone without seriously compromising your development. For dealing with the creatures of a regular legacy deck, however, it is too slow. I frequently boarded out a copy in order to bring in better sideboard cards, and it never seemed particularly necessary or exciting when I did draw it. I think 1 or 0 copies is better than 2.
    4. In that vein, I cut one All is Dust on account of the Blast Zones, and because it is very bad against the colorless decks. I saw fewer of those decks than I expected, and outside of the Goblins matchup I never felt that specifically All is Dust was required. However, this could have been a consequence of having good hands that didn't need a reset button like All is Dust.
    5. Glacial Chasm never came up. I did play it under a Blood Moon against Goblins where it would have been good if I could destroy the Moon. But the real problem in that scenario is being able to reliably cast Grip, not access to Chasm.
    6. I considered cutting Kozilek since it becomes terrible when Narset is in play. This came up once, but did not matter because I had other threats to cast. This kind of situation makes Walking Ballista/From Beyond more appealing.
    7. I board out Kozilek a lot because it's basically just a draw spell in matchups that are about board presence. Old Kozilek would be better in these situations, but I think it's fine to go down to three threats if there are good sideboard cards to bring in.

Changes:
    1. -1 Blast Zone, +1 Untapped green source that isn't a basic Forest. I'd also like to find room for the second All is Dust.
    2. In the sideboard: -1 Dark Depths, +1 Spatial Contortion. I want more creature removal, and I think Dark Depths is too unreliable as a win condition against combo or Blood Moon decks. I would be happy to bring it in if I already had it in the sideboard for other matchups, but I see none that make me want Depths specifically. Depths was good against the Eldrazi Post decks, but those seem to have been mostly supplanted by the planeswalker versions which are faster and have better answers to Marit Lage.
    3. +3 to 4 Karn, -3 to 4 other cards, and changing the sideboard. I'm interested in making Karn work because I often have only a few cards I want to board out but many more cards I want to bring in. Karn in a well-designed 75 could solve this problem. However, this style of deck can't make as good use of Karn as the other colorless decks for numerous reasons: 1) we're less interested in tapping out in the midgame; 2) we have no creatures to block for Karn, or almost none; 3) we often need to pull ahead when behind, rather than lock up a win when we're ahead (e.g. by fetching Lattice); 4) the earliest we can cast Karn is turn 3 compared to turn 2 from Ancient Tomb decks; 5) Ensnaring Bridge is worse for us because we often have big cards stuck in hand; 6) we want our in-play artifacts to stick around and turning them into creatures makes them more vulnerable, and finally; 7) we don't have any good cuts to make to play more than 1-2 Karns.

This may simply mean that a Karn board for us looks different than the typical Karn board. It might not even include playing Lattice.

Thanks for reading. I'll be happy to answer any questions.
    a.k.a. Eddy Viscosity

Hi Kilian, great report, thanks.
    I came to similar conclusions last weeks after like 12 mtgo leagues with a similar list (I mean before my testings with Hall of Heliod and the white splash).

First I really think we need that 8th green source. I mull much less with it, and it increases our ability to drop an early K grip post board (we can not afford to spend X turns waiting for that forest when they have a real clock). A few fetches do not hurt, either for deck thinning, shuffling under Jace fateseal or with a scroll rack on the table, or even go for a light splash (like red for Kozilek return and pyroblasts, which is very good to me).

Blast Zone is fine against PWs and TNN indeed, but it is quite slow. And 1 is enough, maybe in the side.

I have the same feeling about Kozilek v2 in this Narset meta. But in the same time he is often the best Eye target against combo.

And I hate goblins. I really do. :)

Oh I tried a Cg Karn build, but I think we can't protect him enough, and we are usually slower than sol lands builds (unless our crop rotations and candles aren't countered, but this never happens irl). However, our ability to easily find Tabernacle is very interesting for the total karnalattice lock.

Mar 2018
    Lodz, Poland

Hi, Im still new to this deck and have, maybe noob's, question. You are including a lot of CMC1 cards (from 15 to 20). How you are dealing with Chalice on 1? From my experience is is usually shutting whole deck pre board. I was considering adding 2x Reclamation Sage as an out to those kind of things. Alos not sure is new Karn worth adding into the deck? 1x Candelabra, Lattice and Walking Balista in SB could be nice ones.

I was also thinking about replacing Expedition Maps with Sylvan Crying or Eplore. What do you think about that?

Guys, do we care for these cards at all?

http://mythicspoiler.com/m20/cards/g...sspilgrim.html

Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
    Legendary Artifact Creature - Scout
    When Golos, Tireless Pilgrim enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

2WUBRG: Exile the top three cards of your library. You may play them this turn without paying their mana costs.

perhaps a "stompy" chromatic lantern or a cascading cataracts build?
    It's a kind of "half titan" without the attack trigger, but it's fetchable with eye and could come down a lot faster due to the colorless mana requirment. Can be bounced with karakas as well. we could also set up the "ultimate" with scroll rack (or something) to finish a game early?

http://mythicspoiler.com/m20/cards/elvishreclaimer.html

Elvish Reclaimer
    G
    Creature - Elf Warrior
    Elvish Reclaimer gets +2/+2 as long as there are three or more land cards in your graveyard.

2, T, Sacrifice a land: Search your library for a land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

prob not the best card for UG, but shouldn't we at least discuss this new "magus of the crop?"

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post

Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
    When Golos, Tireless Pilgrim enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

2WUBRG: Exile the top three cards of your library. You may play them this turn without paying their mana costs.

It's a kind of "half titan" without the attack trigger, but it's fetchable with eye and could come down a lot faster due to the colorless mana requirment. Can be bounced with karakas as well. we could also set up the "ultimate" with scroll rack (or something) to finish a game early?

With karakas its a good engine. The ult is not needed.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuza84 View Post
    Hi, Im still new to this deck and have, maybe noob's, question. You are including a lot of CMC1 cards (from 15 to 20). How you are dealing with Chalice on 1? From my experience is is usually shutting whole deck pre board. I was considering adding 2x Reclamation Sage as an out to those kind of things. Also not sure is new Karn worth adding into the deck? 1x Candelabra, Lattice and Walking Balista in SB could be nice ones.

I was also thinking about replacing Expedition Maps with Sylvan Scrying or Explore. What do you think about that?
    Be wary of adding green cards. You'll have to also add more green sources to consistently cast them which cuts into the rest of the deck. Chalice on 1 is very bad, but I would play Ratchet Bomb/Engineered Explosives over Reclamation Sage to deal with it.

Explore is a fine card but it in no way can it replace Map. You are often looking for a specific land (particularly Eye of Ugin) and you can't rely on Explore for that. I wouldn't mind playing 1-2 copies if there were worse cards to cut. Sylvan Scrying would be more what you're looking for and I'd be interested to know how it goes for you. Just make sure to include extra green sources with them.

I think it's wrong to build this deck around Karn. If you have a good sideboard that happens to include a lot of high-impact artifacts anyway, then I can see playing 1-2 maindeck copies.

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post

Golos, Tireless Pilgrim

http://mythicspoiler.com/m20/cards/elvishreclaimer.html

Elvish Reclaimer
    G
    Creature - Elf Warrior
    Elvish Reclaimer gets +2/+2 as long as there are three or more land cards in your graveyard.

2, T, Sacrifice a land: Search your library for a land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

prob not the best card for UG, but shouldn't we at least discuss this new "magus of the crop?"
    Golos: I think this card is good for Cg but would not bother with it in any deck that could play Primeval Titan. Cg can have problems getting through the midgame against creature decks and Golos being a good blocker might help there. Honestly I would play any reasonably-costed colorless creature with this triggered ability regardless of power/toughness. The activated ability is just a bonus, but I would like to try 1-2 copies of Cascading Cataracts to enable it and make EE better. Conduit of Ruin with Golos + Cataracts could be good.

Elvish Reclaimer: If the GSZ versions were still viable I would include some of these. It could be good in Cg too, but summoning sickness makes it an unreliable topdeck. There are also the problems of having superfluous lands to sacrifice, requiring green mana, and not being colorless. I would have to actually try it out before passing judgment on it.
    a.k.a. Eddy Viscosity

Mar 2018
    Lodz, Poland

k_omega, Thanks a lot for your reply. Im not hiding that your list is an inspiration for me :)

So yesterday I played slightly modified one, taking into account your observations and suggestions.

1. I switched from Eldrazi version with Chalices, Smashers, Though-Knots etc into Land version and I think its slower and less aggressive than Eldrazi one.

2. I included 8 forests but very often was lacking green mana so cutting either Sylvan Scrying or Stirrings will be better

3. Have had 2 Reclamation Sages (vs. SnS with Omni as an MD out) but not sure is it good choice. I have copy it from a guy playing this in RG Lands but maybe in that shell its better

4. Wondering are Candelabras neccessary here mostly because of the price (real $$$)

Still have a question about Tabernacle and Glacial Chasm. Are they neccessary? Tabernacle w/o Wasteland is not so strong as in Loam or Lands shell and Chasm with his Cummulative Upkeep and sac effect on enetering is not appealing to me as well.

Epic moment was melting Dark Depths for mana playing against Pox and killing my opponent :)

PS. Can somebody link any solid list/s of U/G Titan Post? Maybe will try that one.
    Last edited by Yakuza84; 06-30-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Thread Information