Page 338 of 338 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338
Results 6,741 to 6,756 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] 12 Post

Quote Originally Posted by k_omega View Post
    Did you have a reason for playing Ugin the Ineffable in the first place? I've thought about experimenting with it but never found a card I wanted to cut for it so I don't know how it plays. Also, do you think 3 OUaT is the right number?
    My thoughts were that it can clog up the board with 2/2s, its kind of card draw, and its a main deck answer to bloodmoon/magas that is reasonably castable if all I have are mountains.

Anybody here still playing mono green in 2019? I've seen some lists using Elvish Rejuvenator pop up a couple of times recently and they look pretty cool:

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=24029&d=367602&f=LE

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...-21#dnsolver_-

Dec 2017
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Asses View Post
    Anybody here still playing mono green in 2019?
    https://deckbox.org/sets/2544439
    Testing this currently.

The 15th slot (Tabernacle) could be something else as I'm not really sold on it yet in this build. It has served me well in UG though. Could be Sylvan Library, Elephant Grass or Walking Ballista like in Orim67's list.

How's the Cataracts working out for you? I'm building DNSOLVER's list because I can't do Candles and it seems weird not to include a way to activate Golos, especially with all of the land tutors in the deck.

Dec 2017
    Paris, France

How's the Cataracts working out for you? I'm building DNSOLVER's list because I can't do Candles and it seems weird not to include a way to activate Golos, especially with all of the land tutors in the deck.
    Well, it's a bit winmore but I have tested too little to know for sure. What made me actually consider it is the color fixing for the titan. It's certainly great against control later in the game if you can resolve Golos (even if the first one gets removed, you don't need to tap it).

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBacon View Post
    Well, it's a bit winmore but I have tested too little to know for sure. What made me actually consider it is the color fixing for the titan. It's certainly great against control later in the game if you can resolve Golos (even if the first one gets removed, you don't need to tap it).
    Ah okay. Do you think it's worth replacing a Vesuva for it?

Dec 2017
    Paris, France

Ah okay. Do you think it's worth replacing a Vesuva for it?
    Definitely, the lists that performed well had 4 copies of Vesuva, this is just a testing slot for me :-)

Hey people, looking to get into the deck after watching several streams and seeing someone named "Angers" on the opposing end (The two videos I saw were GoblinLackey1 and Reid Duke playing some elves).

Angers's version appeared to play some copies of Punishing Fire, Grove, Retrofitter Foundry, TKS, Hour of Promise, Karn, and the usual 12ish post + Emrakul/Karakas looping. I'm not really sold on Retrofitter Foundry or Hour of Promise but everything else was interesting.

Does PFire "Post" have any specific advantage right now over the Cg version? I know the combo is typically slotted into decks where Loam shows up but that isn't really our gameplan.

Hi,
    Long time follower of this thread but first time posting. I have been brewing with 12-post and find elvish reclaimer to be very strong in the G-colorless build. I am brewing with the now outdated strategy of using green-sun's zenith for tool-box utility and have been having some success. (Many 4-1s, but yet to 5-0 in the leagues) More importantly it has been a blast to play and tune. Below is my current list and I'd love some feedback. Currently I am testing the following flex slots: (Teeg,Thragtusk, and Mul Daya). I find Vet to be essential in a 3-4 GSZ build for the aggro match-ups like delver and stompy.

Below is a list for the MTGO meta with a fair amount of combo currently (I am seeing a lot of storm and trying to hedge a bit)

Maindeck

Lands (25)
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Vesuva
    5 Forest
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Savannah
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Ancient Tomb
    1 Karakas
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

Creatures (11)
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
    1 Primeval Titan
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Veteran Explorer
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    3 Elvish Reclaimer

Non-Creature (24)
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    3 Expedition Map
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Once Upon a Time
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Crop Rotation

Sideboard

1 Krosan Grip
    2 Warping Wail
    3 Veil of Summer
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 Reclamation Sage
    2 Return to Nature
    2 Sphere of Resistance

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

i just have some small notes (i wont be going into detail but wanted to reply anyways)

GSZ as engine is not good with OuaT since you cannot grab it. there is no synergy there.
    crop should be a 4-of.
    tabernacle is mediocre (speaking from experience)
    you will want at least 1 thespian stage in the 75.
    elvish rejuvinator seems better for your strategy than
    oracle.
    you need more finishers. maybe another ulamog or
    ugin or kozilek (new one) for draw.
    ouphe should not be in the deck
    thorn of amethyst is better than sphere in this deck.
    thought knot is a fixed slot in the board.

if you insist on reclaimer add a dark depths

Been playing this deck a good bit and especially liking the GSZ deck.

Sphere is good vs UG omnitell in conjunction with Krosan Grip to prevent losing to Omni -> Emrakul. Would recommend keeping it. If you want to beat storm and belcher, though, you probably also need Chalices in the board.

GSZ and OUAT are not mutually exclusive. OUAT lets you play only 8 green sources (cast as first spell to find forest) and find cloudpost to turn on Vesuvas in opening hand. I have been playing with GSZ and I like having access to Teeg G1 vs storm. A one-of Ancient Tomb is also nice to facilitate this so you can turn 2 Teeg with Crop Rotation + 2 forests.

Tabernacle is good right now vs the delver decks because most of them are playing Young Pyromancer - we can pretty easily have a better blocker for big creatures, but are vulnerable to go-wide or flyers (like 2 Delvers). Would still play Glacial Chasm as well.

Thragtusk and Oracle are not great. I put in 2 Elvish Rejuvenator.

Reclaimer has been pretty good, fits nice when cutting down to 3 Crop Rotation.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Has anyone given Bant a try recently? I know the third color did okay two years ago, just wondering if it’s still viable. My current list is
    Maindeck (60)
    4 Elvish Reclaimer
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    2 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    2 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Veil of Summer
    4 Once Upon a Time
    2 Expedition Map
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Island
    1 Maze of Ith
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Tundra
    2 Windswept Heath

Sideboard (15)
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Force of Vigor
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Sylvan Library

May 2015
    Philadelphia

I've played a couple iterations of 12-post - GU, GW and several versions of the mono-green. I can tell you two colors is a stretch let alone three and that mono-green is by far the strongest since it is low key better card selection than blue with OUaT and ancient stirrings. Reclaimer, veil and force of vigor are also reasons to play mono-green.

I haven't been impressed with GSZ tho. It takes up too many slots and makes the deck less consistent. I've had a lot of success online with the following list due in large part to the meta. Snowko, dark depths and graveyard decks just feel like a buy. ANT and elves are bad matchups but post sideboard I can usually eek out a win.

Creatures – 14

3 Elvish Reclaimer
    3 Elvish Rejuvenator
    4 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
    1 Walking Ballista

Spells – 19

3 Ancient Stirrings
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Expedition Map
    3 Once Upon a Time
    4 Pithing Needle

Lands – 27

1 Ancient Tomb
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cascading Cataracts
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith
    7 Snow-Covered Forest
    4 Vesuva

Sideboard – 15

3 Force of Vigor
    3 Mindbreak Trap
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Veil of Summer

Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    I've played a couple iterations of 12-post - GU, GW and several versions of the mono-green. I can tell you two colors is a stretch let alone three and that mono-green is by far the strongest since it is low key better card selection than blue with OUaT and ancient stirrings. Reclaimer, veil and force of vigor are also reasons to play mono-green.

I haven't been impressed with GSZ tho. It takes up too many slots and makes the deck less consistent. I've had a lot of success online with the following list due in large part to the meta. Snowko, dark depths and graveyard decks just feel like a buy. ANT and elves are bad matchups but post sideboard I can usually eek out a win.

Creatures – 14

3 Elvish Reclaimer
    3 Elvish Rejuvenator
    4 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
    1 Walking Ballista

Spells – 19

3 Ancient Stirrings
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Expedition Map
    3 Once Upon a Time
    4 Pithing Needle

Lands – 27

1 Ancient Tomb
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cascading Cataracts
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith
    7 Snow-Covered Forest
    4 Vesuva

Sideboard – 15

3 Force of Vigor
    3 Mindbreak Trap
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Veil of Summer
    So I’ve stuck with mono G after what you and others have said. I’m now wondering if Uro will make us splash an island or run 4 cavern? The card seems very good, but without testing only time will tell.

Does anyone have a more current decklist they are running? I've been trying out Green urborg and 1 main deck Endurance and 2 sideboard endurance. Endurance has been great for me, so far greenborg hasn't done very much.

Nov 2013
    Dallas

Facebook is down, long live the source

Thread Information