Page 269 of 338 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...with-the-past/

This card is quite interesting. FINALLY an eot recovery card.

I think the card can make mono-green good again.
    Nice, it also bins the next 3 cards for a fresh look with Top at instant speed.

Freedom is just as essential as air
    Jan 2013

Points worth making:

This is clearly meant to synergize with Emrakul, the Promised End (I wonder why?/sarcasm)

This provides a reset for a bad Sensei's Divining Top.

At worst if they're nothing in the grave, this is a green version of Glimpse the Future (cheaper but more restrictive).

We have a response to Surgical Extraction!

Eldrazi with Grave triggers (which will always at least include Emrakul 1.0) : I'm not sure how I feel about hitting those. Cloudpost has always had varying degrees of reliance on graveyards, which consequently mean varying liking or disliking those triggers (unless it's vs. Grindstone). At least we get to get a card before a tripped trigger puts our graveyard back.

Related, the word target does not appear in the card text. This is important. Like when an opponent does get a chance to crack a fetch after passing priority to the let Needle resolve, after Grapple with the Past is allowed to resolve, your opponent can no longer spring a Surgical Extraction on you because mill and recovery all happen at once. This also means if they spring a Tormod's Crypt effect on you, you can pull a card from the mill 3 effect if one fits the conditions.
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void, empty, and become wind."

Mar 2013
    Bern (Switzerland)

@rocklee
    Mono G is better then UG..your opinion is not always the right..

Jan 2014
    Prague

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...ernal-scourge/ new interesting never ending blocker for us what do you think? also will be huge for eldrazis aggro ... ble

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...ernal-scourge/ new interesting never ending blocker for us what do you think? also will be huge for eldrazis aggro ... ble
    Except it can't stand other creatures
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    The card is interesting. Mostly because it doesn't require Mishollow Griffen to play Food Chain anymore.

But the card I am more excited with today's spoilers is Distended Mindbender

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

The card is interesting. Mostly because it doesn't require Mishollow Griffen to play Food Chain anymore.

But the card I am more excited with today's spoilers is Distended Mindbender
    I wish it was a little larger, but it definitely has potential. I'm starting to come around on the new Emrakul, as well. I'm wondering if trying a balls-to-the-wall ramp strategy could work with some of the new guys.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Grapple seems interesting for every mostly green build. I might try it in my build with Knight & Gitrog, just not sure what i could cut - the list has been pretty stable for a while (just one change to the last list i posted) and seems perfectly fine.

That said, a strategy with a toolbox of big Eldrazi becomes more and more interesting, although it's unclear which of the new tools will make the cut. I will definitely try something like that once the cards work on xmage. Even though i'm still convinced my current build is better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    I wish it was a little larger, but it definitely has potential. I'm starting to come around on the new Emrakul, as well. I'm wondering if trying a balls-to-the-wall ramp strategy could work with some of the new guys.

How has Oblivion Sower been treating you?

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Nice, it also bins the next 3 cards for a fresh look with Top at instant speed.
    I like the fact that its not a 1 cmc. Gets around Chalice and may work just about as well as ancient stirrings. New Thalia looks good for D&T.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Ponders View Post
    How has Oblivion Sower been treating you?
    I actually haven't touched my colorless list since Columbus. I have been brewing a bit, including one of the dumbest brews I've ever come up with...at some point I'll actually nut up and test it because I'm pretty sure it's just insanely stupid. Then again, maybe I'll wait until the new stuff comes out. I've actually mostly been trolling with a different deck: one that runs Didgeridoo. No, I'm not kidding.

Sower was terrific during its run though. It did everything I wanted it to do and more. It doesn't die in combat, it pairs well with Relic, and getting to Wasteland your opponent back is extra fun if you have a snarky comment to go with it.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

I actually haven't touched my colorless list since Columbus. I have been brewing a bit, including one of the dumbest brews I've ever come up with...at some point I'll actually nut up and test it because I'm pretty sure it's just insanely stupid. Then again, maybe I'll wait until the new stuff comes out. I've actually mostly been trolling with a different deck: one that runs Didgeridoo. No, I'm not kidding.

Sower was terrific during its run though. It did everything I wanted it to do and more. It doesn't die in combat, it pairs well with Relic, and getting to Wasteland your opponent back is extra fun if you have a snarky comment to go with it.
    I really liked the idea you had but of course always we have to wonder if getting it into play is fast enough. Working with some of these new cards like thoughtknot has done pretty well for zerg rush eldrazzi.

It's interesting, for sure. But for 1G, what does this really do that Sylvan Scrying doesn't do better? I don't know of any build that runs a sufficiently high creature density to reliably find one in the top 3, and Sylvan Scrying gives you 100% precision tutoring for land at the same cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    It's interesting, for sure. But for 1G, what does this really do that Sylvan Scrying doesn't do better? I don't know of any build that runs a sufficiently high creature density to reliably find one in the top 3, and Sylvan Scrying gives you 100% precision tutoring for land at the same cost.

I'd argue the Instant speed vs Sorcery speed makes the card better. I'm not sold on this being an upgrade to any of the current list out there but do think it would help in a wasteland heavy meta. Think it's worth testing.

You're playing a deck with didgeridoo? I... I think I need to see this list. It sounds like the kind of thing that if it's capable of winning anything I would happily play just to see people's faces when they lose to didgeridoo.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdiedforyou View Post
    [...]but do think it would help in a wasteland heavy meta.
    Isn't Crucible of Worlds better against heavy Wasteland? Or Life from the Loam?

Edited to add: I guess Life from the Loam trades dredge for Grapple With the Past's instant speed and creature recovery bonus. And Crucible can just get Abrupt Decayed.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post

Was testing a mono green build with all is dust and courser of kruphix. Between grapple gleening 3 for top, binning these high type cards, and acting as recovery/filter, I have been casting emrakul2 for 4 mana with only a fetch, map, and grapple, no locus necessary. Pretty insane

Apr 2008

In other news, I have been considering Dawnstrider in the sb of U/g, possibly in conjunction with Ensnaring bridge main. Currently I am running Moment's peace, and while the combat trick is nice, you often pass with mana up, and don't use all/most of that mana eot, which frontloads all your hate onto the pivotal turn, where you can't always cast all your spells. Specifically, a Moment's Peace, Moment's Peace Flashback, Crop rotation, possibly warping wail is an enormous GGGC4 mana, with which you probably could win the game outright.

Ensnaring bridge and moment's peace seem to fight each other somewhat. Ensnaring bridge + Dawnstrider seems much stronger, pitching your bricks, and possibly shuffling key cards back or neutralizing Deathrites.

Looking for thoughts. I'll be testing extensively this week in anticipation of Worcester.

I'll be testing extensively this week in anticipation of Worcester.
    We should try to meet up! Anyone else coming next weekend?

In other news, I have been considering Dawnstrider in the sb of U/g, possibly in conjunction with Ensnaring bridge main. Currently I am running Moment's peace, and while the combat trick is nice, you often pass with mana up, and don't use all/most of that mana eot, which frontloads all your hate onto the pivotal turn, where you can't always cast all your spells. Specifically, a Moment's Peace, Moment's Peace Flashback, Crop rotation, possibly warping wail is an enormous GGGC4 mana, with which you probably could win the game outright.

Ensnaring bridge and moment's peace seem to fight each other somewhat. Ensnaring bridge + Dawnstrider seems much stronger, pitching your bricks, and possibly shuffling key cards back or neutralizing Deathrites.

Looking for thoughts. I'll be testing extensively this week in anticipation of Worcester.
    Can u give us a sneak preview on this new emrakul2.0 build? Are u planning on running more than one emrakul2?? Need to know how many 2 buy

Thread Information