Page 124 of 338 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Here are two matches w/ the RockLee build (but some diff cards in sb):
    * vs Monored - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYIAjxq0gWk
    * vs Elves - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xnfIoZiGYw

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    Yeah, sorry. So, basically, the games went about like this. I got thoughtseized 2x then Goyf beatdowns. Tried to TC got FoW'd. Tried to Titan got FoW'd.
    G2, I baited him with TC, it got FoW'd and then I Crop rotationed into Eye and Emrakul'd him right on out.
    G3 he had double hymn, Pierce for TC which I could not play around and then landed 2x Goyf into Sylvan -> Liliana.
    I really missed SDT in this matchup. Also really wanted Cavern which is an easy fix to the decklist.

I think the first problem I have had with the list is Cloud of Faeries. It has utility but does not do a whole lot early. I will probably try cutting all 4 in favor of SDT's in order to keep both SDT and TC in the deck.
    Sounds like extremely strong hands on their part, but this was what TC was intended to beat, especially goyf beatdown and lilly. You mention not being able to play around pierce, and pierce in bug, so not shardless generally is a much slower clock. Interesting all around.

I'll do some tinkering. In all my bug Matchups I haven't encountered a multiple of double strong discard followed by double goyf + lilly, and you encountered it twice in one match, which is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Sounds like extremely strong hands on their part, but this was what TC was intended to beat, especially goyf beatdown and lilly. You mention not being able to play around pierce, and pierce in bug, so not shardless generally is a much slower clock. Interesting all around.

I'll do some tinkering. In all my bug Matchups I haven't encountered a multiple of double strong discard followed by double goyf + lilly, and you encountered it twice in one match, which is crazy.
    Agreed, also do not think that any version would beat those openings, the traditional or yours.

Apr 2008

In lieu of finding a build that could beat the circumstances sauce described, while still having strong game against outlier combo, I'm testing this build. Cloud of faeries gone, since it was a great test, but ultimately a budget test. In is Wipe Away, which I have been enamoured with since testing. I was finding I sided it in against everyone. Really. Everyone. Favorite being storm.

// Lands
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    1 [LG] Karakas
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    3 [ON] Polluted Delta
    3 [LRW] Island (1)

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [KTK] Treasure Cruise
    2 [US] Show and Tell
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    4 [GP] Repeal
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 [LRW] Ponder
    2 [TSP] Wipe Away

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 3 [IA] Hydroblast
    SB: 1 [NPH] Spellskite
    SB: 2 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker

The revoker could be needles, and the wipe aways could be sided in the revoker/needle spot, which would interestingly be quite the return to a "traditional" list, just tuned to Boat.

How is wipe away used against storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by stilltsie View Post
    How is wipe away used against storm?

Bounce a land or a mox in response to a hellbent Infernal Tutor. Maybe you sometimes can catch Xantid swarm as well.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Ah, okay. Thanks

Getting sh*t draws w/ RockLee's build for some reason, but whatever. Here is a match vs Solidarity (lol?)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aUzYtDOq8c

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    In lieu of finding a build that could beat the circumstances sauce described, while still having strong game against outlier combo, I'm testing this build. Cloud of faeries gone, since it was a great test, but ultimately a budget test. In is Wipe Away, which I have been enamoured with since testing. I was finding I sided it in against everyone. Really. Everyone. Favorite being storm.

// Lands
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    1 [LG] Karakas
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    3 [ON] Polluted Delta
    3 [LRW] Island (1)

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [KTK] Treasure Cruise
    2 [US] Show and Tell
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    4 [GP] Repeal
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 [LRW] Ponder
    2 [TSP] Wipe Away

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 3 [IA] Hydroblast
    SB: 1 [NPH] Spellskite
    SB: 2 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker

The revoker could be needles, and the wipe aways could be sided in the revoker/needle spot, which would interestingly be quite the return to a "traditional" list, just tuned to Boat.
    Played a little tournament (5 rounds) for testing this list in combat, at least almost this list...-1 Flooded Strand/ + 1 Bojuka Bog

Treasure Cruise is amazing. No doubt. 1st round, game 1 against UWr Miracles I cast the whole playset (2 got countered). But I'm not sure, HOW important TC is for this deck, meaning: is it really worth to build the deck around it? Almost felt like a High Tide player..Island, Pomder, go. Fetchland, Ponder, go...^^Sure it's nice to have a lot of manipulation in the deck, but right now it feels like trading business-stuff for cantrips in order to find business-stuff. One TC got me land, TC, TC MUs in our favour, like Maverick, became harder (no Needles to fight KoR/Wasteland Stuff, only 2 S&T left for the early Titan (plan C) or early Eldrazi (plan D). Similar situation at Merfolk-MU. BUG MU is improved, sure. But was I really really really missed a lot : good old SDT! The MVP against BUG and other discard decks. In many games I wanted a top online to find a certain card (e.g. Eye of Ugin under SDT/Balance lock, countering Crop, Map and Titan all day long) by abusing fetch-effects. SDT will return in my deck, I guess at least 3 copies. Right now I'm tinkering about Trinket Mage + EE, after talking to another Turbo Eldrazi player today who loves it.

Conclusion: TC is great, but it's difficult to find slots for it. For me, SDT (3x), Bojuka Bog have to be in the deck (main Bog has won too many game 1 matches for me). I guess I will cut 3 Ponder, another Fetchland, 1 Island, and 1-2 TCs to bring back 3 SDT, Bog, Forest, Trinket Mage, Pithing Needle, adding EE to SB (and returning 2 copies of Krosan Grip to SB).

Please feel open to criticize, I might me wrong at some/many points, but that's my current impression.

Played in a weekly last night running a "stock" list if that is a thing anymore, but with 1x Dig Through time. It performed incredibly well. I'm not sure if I want to run 1 or 2, I'll be testing 2 next week.

I don't have my list memorized, and I'm not near my cards right now, but it's essentially the "classic build" so still running needles main, no chain of vapor or cloud of faeries. I AM running a trinket mage toolbox, which I absolutely love. It allows me to cut down on some of the subpar topdecks (less candles and needles in the maindeck) while letting me run a one-of explosives I can tutor for. It also makes me feel better about cutting 1 Top for the Dig Through Time. Will be testing 2 Tops and 2 DTT next time.

I went 3-1, beating Jund, Dredge, and Death and Taxes. The loss was to Miracles and it was 100% my fault. Bad placement of a repeal in game 1 and misuse of Engineered Explosives. (I had an opportunity to explode his Rest in Peace and went for his 2 angels instead. He then E-tutored for Helm and got me.). Game two I kept a very questionable hand and got punished for it.

<3<3<3<3 this deck.

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by J-Funk View Post
    Played in a weekly last night running a "stock" list if that is a thing anymore, but with 1x Dig Through time. It performed incredibly well. I'm not sure if I want to run 1 or 2, I'll be testing 2 next week.

I don't have my list memorized, and I'm not near my cards right now, but it's essentially the "classic build" so still running needles main, no chain of vapor or cloud of faeries. I AM running a trinket mage toolbox, which I absolutely love. It allows me to cut down on some of the subpar topdecks (less candles and needles in the maindeck) while letting me run a one-of explosives I can tutor for. It also makes me feel better about cutting 1 Top for the Dig Through Time. Will be testing 2 Tops and 2 DTT next time.

I went 3-1, beating Jund, Dredge, and Death and Taxes. The loss was to Miracles and it was 100% my fault. Bad placement of a repeal in game 1 and misuse of Engineered Explosives. (I had an opportunity to explode his Rest in Peace and went for his 2 angels instead. He then E-tutored for Helm and got me.). Game two I kept a very questionable hand and got punished for it.

<3<3<3<3 this deck.
    Interesting to hear DTT is great in your deck Did you test TC as well? Always feels like "yes, UU is no big deal... But would be nice to keep an untapped Trop for Crop"

I didn't have any real issues with UU. I went up to 2 maindeck islands to support it which I was happy with. I feel that the benefit of it being instant speed makes up for the need of UU, but that's just personal experience. I would like to test Treasure Cruise, but have not had an opportunity yet. My gut feels like I like the ability on DTT better, but we're not fans of gut opinions on the thread

Freedom is just as essential as air
    Jan 2013

I currently play 3 with no remorse.
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void, empty, and become wind."

Nov 2012
    Bologna, Italy

<3<3<3<3 this deck.
    It seems that your build is pretty close to mine... how many Trinket Mages are you running?

Nov 2013
    Dallas

sunday weekly, played against dark maverick, doomsday, elves, and blecher. what a ruff day, only went 2-1-1.\

i just refused to die game 2 against maverick which lead to the draw. lost to elves obviously, got forced to crop for a chasm turn 3, then died shortly after once he found DRS. gm2 emrakul beats progenitus. gm3 his little dude beats got me.

ive been trying drop of honey out of the board. and i think its just to slow. another card i want to try is cursed totem for the elves

i did some testing against the new u/r delver deck. and with them not having wasteland, pop, or stifle the match is very easy and nothing to worry about in my opinion. just have to beat a force of will and cavern does that nicely. they cant really beat glimmerpost or chasm

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by caw_86 View Post
    sunday weekly, played against dark maverick, doomsday, elves, and blecher. what a ruff day, only went 2-1-1.\

i just refused to die game 2 against maverick which lead to the draw. lost to elves obviously, got forced to crop for a chasm turn 3, then died shortly after once he found DRS. gm2 emrakul beats progenitus. gm3 his little dude beats got me.

ive been trying drop of honey out of the board. and i think its just to slow. another card i want to try is cursed totem for the elves

i did some testing against the new u/r delver deck. and with them not having wasteland, pop, or stifle the match is very easy and nothing to worry about in my opinion. just have to beat a force of will and cavern does that nicely. they cant really beat glimmerpost or chasm
    Also having Cursed Totem in mind... but for the Maverick MU. Would stop KotR / Wasteland, Pridemage, DRS. Is it worth 2 SB slots?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013
    France

I am still running 2 Moment's Peace in my SB to help against Elves. Sure Deathrite is still a pain but Chasm + Counters + Moment can hold them for a while until you stabilize. Also I don't know for your meta but in mine ther are some U/G Infect sometimes and Moment + Counters is awesome against this deck!

Nov 2013
    Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    Also having Cursed Totem in mind... but for the Maverick MU. Would stop KotR / Wasteland, Pridemage, DRS. Is it worth 2 SB slots?
    not really, i just got reminded of it earlier this morning, and was thinking about elves, maverick pretty much doesnt exist and plays out like other B/G decks.

i have 1 slot in my board that is a for evles/creature decks, it been going from perilous vault, 2nd EE, dawnstrider, to drop of honey

Nov 2013
    Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Island View Post
    I am still running 2 Moment's Peace in my SB to help against Elves. Sure Deathrite is still a pain but Chasm + Counters + Moment can hold them for a while until you stabilize. Also I don't know for your meta but in mine ther are some U/G Infect sometimes and Moment + Counters is awesome against this deck!
    the biggest issue with elves game 1 is when your forced to crop for chasm turn three, this sets you back to just 1 land, and only gives you about 3 turns to get a titan in play and gain some life. it usually is always just a delayed death, never won a game after turn 3 chasm

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by caw_86 View Post
    the biggest issue with elves game 1 is when your forced to crop for chasm turn three, this sets you back to just 1 land, and only gives you about 3 turns to get a titan in play and gain some life. it usually is always just a delayed death, never won a game after turn 3 chasm
    This is why counters buy you more turns against elves than dedicated hate. Counters let you stop their explosiveness, then clean your grave out with Treasure Cruise while finding a chasm/show & tell.

Thread Information