Page 332 of 338 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by nimkee View Post
    I see someone placed 6th with Cg at a recent classic.

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/123970

I think I know who that is but am not 100%. Any chance of getting a quick report or even a run down of the matches you faced?
    Of course. I played in Day 1 of the Open too so I'll post a report for that event later. In the Classic I faced:

Matchups:
    0-2 vs. Storm
    2-0 vs. Grixis Control
    2-0 vs. Burn
    2-0 vs. Lands
    2-0 vs. D&T
    2-0 vs. D&T again
    2-1 vs. U/W Delver-Blade
    0-2 vs. U/B Death's Shadow (top 8)

The card choices are mostly typical for C/g builds with three exceptions:

1. New Kozilek over Old Kozilek. Old Kozilek dies too easily to StP and does not always draw enough cards. Often I have no cards in hand and new Kozilek is a better topdeck in that situation. New Kozilek is also uniquely helpful against Burn (discard Wail to counter Price) and with all the deck's 1-drops usually protects itself against StP. I've played the new version for a few months now and I don't think I've ever lost a game after drawing 7 with it.
    2. 1 From Beyond. With 4 Wails there is one flex slot left, and I wanted a card that could act as a removal spell, threaten planeswalkers, and be another win condition when topdecking. I went 5-4 in Day 1 of the Open on Saturday with Walking Ballista in this slot and was not impressed. Kolaghan's Command and StP deal with Ballista too efficiently and pinging the opponent in response is virtually never relevant since when you win you do not care about their life total. Also, in order to have a relevant number of counters Ballista usually has to be cast for 6 or 8 mana which is not always possible. From Beyond provides a stream of chump blockers (thereby acting like a removal spell), the Scions can attack planeswalkers, and obviously you can sacrifice it to search for an Eldrazi. Also relevant is that From Beyond tutors for All is Dust and is an additional card type for new Emrakul that even puts itself in the graveyard. From Beyond was responsible for winning a game against Grixis Control and another against D&T.
    3. 1 sideboard Thought-Knot Seer. This is for snagging counterspells against control and disrupting combo. In particular, removing a Price of Progress while turtling behind Glacial Chasm and removing Emrakuls after a Show and Tell into Omniscience.

Match Reports:
    Round 1: (Storm)
    Game 1: I mulligan to 5 with multiple Cloudposts and an old Emrakul. He mulligans to 6 and takes some time to set up, but I draw green cards with no Forests.

-3 Pithing Needle, -2 Ugin, -3 Maze, -1 From Beyond, -1 Ulamog, -1 All is Dust
    +2 Ratchet Bomb, +2 Sphere, +2 Trinisphere, +1 TKS, +3 Surgical, +1 Depths

Game 2: I mulligan to 6 and keep 2 Forest, Trinishere, Crop Rotation, Surgical, Depths. I don't find a third mana source before he Duresses the Trinisphere, but I eventually draw all three Surgicals. I extract some cantrips to cut off threshold on some Cabal Rituals, but as a result he gets to hard-cast Tendrils putting me to 2 with a second Tendrils in hand. He goes for it but I have Crop Rotation for Glimmerpost to go to 1. Unfortunately I topdeck nothing useful while he gets Infernal Tutor for Ad Nauseam and combos off.

Round 2: (Grixis Control)
    Game 1: I get Hymned down to zero cards in hand, but he does not find Force of Will for my topdecked Ugin which proceeds to take over the game. Tabernacle eats two Gurmag Anglers.

-1 Needle, +1 Spyglass
    I make this switch against control because the peek effect on Spyglass makes it more likely to bait a counterspell, and the information can be valuable.

Game 2: He has no early discard and just plays Baleful Strixes into Jace, but does not counter From Beyond. He opts not to attack with the Strixes in order to protect Jace, and an Ugin exiles his board before dying to Bolt. He has another Jace but no blockers so he fateseals me so the Jace won't die to Eldrazi Scions. Scions peck Jace down to 3 and two of them pay for a Spell Pierce so that a second Ugin resolves and bolts away the Jace. Kozilek cleans up.

Round 3: (Burn)
    Game 1: I am on the draw, mulligan to 6, and keep a Cloudpost on top, which Goblin Guide puts in my hand. Fortunately I have two Candelabras so after turtling with Glacial Chasm + Thespian's Stage I have the mana to cast Ugin to clear his board and Kozilek to provide action and protection. I have a Chasm-Stage which I turn into a Cloudpost so that I can attack him. In combat he attempts to Searing Blaze Kozilek for the win but I pitch a Warping Wail to counter it.

-1 Bog, -1 Maze, -1 Tabernacle, -3 Needle, -1 From Beyond, -1 Wail
    +2 Trinisphere, +3 Krosan Grip, +1 Thought-Knot Seer, +1 Dark Depths, +1 Sphere of Resistance
    Sphere of Resistance is not great against Burn, but it costs 2 so Kozilek can counter Price with it.

Game 2: He has a slow hand (due to bringing in Ensnaring Bridge) so I manage to stabilize at 12 life with a TKS removing a Fireblast. I Map for Eye of Ugin which is my 5th nonbasic, so he Prices me on the end of my turn. In response I search for Kozilek, then Rotate the Eye into a Chasm and turtle for a couple of turns. Kozilek draws me into Ulamog + Karakas so I go after his lands and he scoops.

Round 4: (Lands)
    Game 1: This is a name-recognized SCG player and I know what he is likely to be playing. He plays a Forest and passes, I do the same. He plays a Stage, I do the same. He Wastelands the Stage and I let it happen, then I Rotate for Bog in response to Loam on Wasteland. He has a second Wasteland but decides to copy his own Forest rather than destroy the Bog in response to my Pithing Needle, which names Wasteland. This mistake cost him the game, as I was eventually able to Vesuva-Bog away his Loam, Depths, and singleton Ghost Quarter while gaining enough life to survive Marit Lage. He tries to Punishing-Fire me but I have an Ugin ticking up and a Kozilek to draw more action, while all he has to stop me are Ports. Somehow I never find a Candelabra but it doesn't matter as he concedes the match in order (so I was told) to go to a football game.

Round 5: (D&T)
    Game 1: I am always happy to see a T1 Mother of Runes. I get multiple Mazes and a Candelabra to hold off his creatures while I wait to draw a Forest to cast Crop Rotation for Eye of Ugin and the win. For some reason he gets Flickerwisps with Recruiter instead of Phyrexian Revoker to shut off Candelabras. I eventually draw New Emrakul to eat away at his board and he decides to go to the next game.

-1 Bog, -1 From Beyond, +1 Spyglass, +1 Grip

Game 2: He has multiple Ports which seriously constrain my mana, but he has little pressure. Eventually he assembles enough creatures that I Rotate a Maze into a Tabernacle to tie up his Ports, which allows me to clean up with All is Dust and then an Ugin to take out the leftover Revoker.

Round 6: (D&T)
    Game 1: He has Wasteland, Port, and Vial but no serious threat. He Flickerwisps out my Needle in order to Wasteland a Cloudpost which keeps me off of threats for several turns, in which Maze + Candelabra works overtime. I have a Tabernacle in play and cast From Beyond, which I then sacrifice to get new Emrakul and make him not pay for his creatures, then put a Revoker on Vial. The game is not completely decided, but he scoops anyway.

Game 2: I have no Needle and he has a curve of creatures. I bait him into Wastelanding a Maze so that I can Rotate it into a Cloudpost and start ramping, and copy it with a Stage before it gets Wastelanded. I Vesuva the Cloudpost-Stage and then he Surgicals my Cloudposts, but I have a Candelabra so all is well. I Eye for Ulamog to exile his Ports, and he knows from the Surgical that I also have New Emrakul so he scoops.

Round 7: (U/W Delver-Blade)
    Game 1: I am on the draw and mulligan to 5 whereas he blind-flips a T1 Delver and has 3 Wastelands. Having no Needles, I lose.

-1 From Beyond, -1 Wail, +1 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Grip
    I expect that he has Back to Basics and I know he has TNN, so I bring Grip for the former and Bomb for both.

Game 2: I am light on mana but Wail away his T1 Delver, after which he has little pressure. He does have a Back to Basics which leaves me with two Forests as mana sources, and a Wasteland for my one Cloudpost. I have Ratchet Bomb in hand but wait to cast it until I have a third mana in order to hold up Crop Rotation for the Wasteland, but after Vendilion Clique arrives I decide to take the risk and tap out for Bomb. For some reason he Wastelands my Tabernacle instead of the Cloudpost, and over three turns I tick up the Bomb and get two more Cloudposts. Bomb takes out the clique and the Back to Basics, allowing me to cast New Emrakul to make him waste his threats.

-1 Wail, +1 Grip
    Having now seen Back to Basics I want some more action and Warping Wail is worse on the draw when its main target is Delver.

Game 3: I resolve a T1 Needle and have Maze to hold off his Delver. He lands a Jace and starts fatesealing, but I have an Ugin in hand so when he Ponders with two cards in hand I Rotate a Forest in response which he (correctly) Forces pitching the other card. As a result he can't counter the Ugin which cleans up his board, then Kozilek finishes the job (protecting himself from a StP and a Council's Judgment).

Quarterfinals: (U/B Shadow)
    Game 1: I am the fifth seed so I'm on the draw. He has a bunch of cantrips and two Wastelands for Cloudposts, but two Mazes hold off his two creatures. He has counterspells for the All is Dust and the Ugin, so the third threat is too much for the Mazes.

-2 Wail, +1 Spyglass, +1 Dark Depths

Game 2: I put T1 Needle on Wasteland, then attempt to Wail away his 1/1 Death's Shadow but he protects it with Daze. I again get two Mazes to hold off two Delvers, but he cantrips away all his other cards for an additional two Shadows and an Angler. I Map for Chasm but find no action in time.

Thoughts:
    1. From Beyond is very good in its role.
    2. Storm seems to be less common than before, and Sphere of Resistance is in the sideboard for basically that matchup and Food Chain. I plan to replace one Sphere with a third Trinisphere and use the new sideboard slot for something that's good against Death's Shadow.
    3. 3 Warping Wails might be OK.

Thanks for the report, its a great / clean write up. Oddly enough, I had a foil From Beyond in my 12 post box but never tried it out. I am looking forward to sleeving it up myself.

I'm not sure what other people's metas are but over here there's a down-tick in storm, though lands and and loam pox (don't ask...) is seeing more play. A few people are on Grixis Control. There is also some U/W stoneblade, along with a couple of miracle players. Everything else is mostly singletons. The top two players that have been winning quite a bit are on U/W delver (splashing red) and U/B Shadow.

What sort of advice do you have on the UB Shadow matchup? How important was the 3rd maze for you?

Quote Originally Posted by k_omega View Post
    Of course. I played in Day 1 of the Open too so I'll post a report for that event later. In the Classic I faced:

Matchups:
    0-2 vs. Storm
    2-0 vs. Grixis Control
    2-0 vs. Burn
    2-0 vs. Lands
    2-0 vs. D&T
    2-0 vs. D&T again
    2-1 vs. U/W Delver-Blade
    0-2 vs. U/B Death's Shadow (top 8)

The card choices are mostly typical for C/g builds with three exceptions:

1. New Kozilek over Old Kozilek. Old Kozilek dies too easily to StP and does not always draw enough cards. Often I have no cards in hand and new Kozilek is a better topdeck in that situation. New Kozilek is also uniquely helpful against Burn (discard Wail to counter Price) and with all the deck's 1-drops usually protects itself against StP. I've played the new version for a few months now and I don't think I've ever lost a game after drawing 7 with it.
    2. 1 From Beyond. With 4 Wails there is one flex slot left, and I wanted a card that could act as a removal spell, threaten planeswalkers, and be another win condition when topdecking. I went 5-4 in Day 1 of the Open on Saturday with Walking Ballista in this slot and was not impressed. Kolaghan's Command and StP deal with Ballista too efficiently and pinging the opponent in response is virtually never relevant since when you win you do not care about their life total. Also, in order to have a relevant number of counters Ballista usually has to be cast for 6 or 8 mana which is not always possible. From Beyond provides a stream of chump blockers (thereby acting like a removal spell), the Scions can attack planeswalkers, and obviously you can sacrifice it to search for an Eldrazi. Also relevant is that From Beyond tutors for All is Dust and is an additional card type for new Emrakul that even puts itself in the graveyard. From Beyond was responsible for winning a game against Grixis Control and another against D&T.
    3. 1 sideboard Thought-Knot Seer. This is for snagging counterspells against control and disrupting combo. In particular, removing a Price of Progress while turtling behind Glacial Chasm and removing Emrakuls after a Show and Tell into Omniscience.

Match Reports:
    Round 1: (Storm)
    Game 1: I mulligan to 5 with multiple Cloudposts and an old Emrakul. He mulligans to 6 and takes some time to set up, but I draw green cards with no Forests.

-3 Pithing Needle, -2 Ugin, -3 Maze, -1 From Beyond, -1 Ulamog, -1 All is Dust
    +2 Ratchet Bomb, +2 Sphere, +2 Trinisphere, +1 TKS, +3 Surgical, +1 Depths

Game 2: I mulligan to 6 and keep 2 Forest, Trinishere, Crop Rotation, Surgical, Depths. I don't find a third mana source before he Duresses the Trinisphere, but I eventually draw all three Surgicals. I extract some cantrips to cut off threshold on some Cabal Rituals, but as a result he gets to hard-cast Tendrils putting me to 2 with a second Tendrils in hand. He goes for it but I have Crop Rotation for Glimmerpost to go to 1. Unfortunately I topdeck nothing useful while he gets Infernal Tutor for Ad Nauseam and combos off.

Round 2: (Grixis Control)
    Game 1: I get Hymned down to zero cards in hand, but he does not find Force of Will for my topdecked Ugin which proceeds to take over the game. Tabernacle eats two Gurmag Anglers.

-1 Needle, +1 Spyglass
    I make this switch against control because the peek effect on Spyglass makes it more likely to bait a counterspell, and the information can be valuable.

Game 2: He has no early discard and just plays Baleful Strixes into Jace, but does not counter From Beyond. He opts not to attack with the Strixes in order to protect Jace, and an Ugin exiles his board before dying to Bolt. He has another Jace but no blockers so he fateseals me so the Jace won't die to Eldrazi Scions. Scions peck Jace down to 3 and two of them pay for a Spell Pierce so that a second Ugin resolves and bolts away the Jace. Kozilek cleans up.

Round 3: (Burn)
    Game 1: I am on the draw, mulligan to 6, and keep a Cloudpost on top, which Goblin Guide puts in my hand. Fortunately I have two Candelabras so after turtling with Glacial Chasm + Thespian's Stage I have the mana to cast Ugin to clear his board and Kozilek to provide action and protection. I have a Chasm-Stage which I turn into a Cloudpost so that I can attack him. In combat he attempts to Searing Blaze Kozilek for the win but I pitch a Warping Wail to counter it.

-1 Bog, -1 Maze, -1 Tabernacle, -3 Needle, -1 From Beyond, -1 Wail
    +2 Trinisphere, +3 Krosan Grip, +1 Thought-Knot Seer, +1 Dark Depths, +1 Sphere of Resistance
    Sphere of Resistance is not great against Burn, but it costs 2 so Kozilek can counter Price with it.

Game 2: He has a slow hand (due to bringing in Ensnaring Bridge) so I manage to stabilize at 12 life with a TKS removing a Fireblast. I Map for Eye of Ugin which is my 5th nonbasic, so he Prices me on the end of my turn. In response I search for Kozilek, then Rotate the Eye into a Chasm and turtle for a couple of turns. Kozilek draws me into Ulamog + Karakas so I go after his lands and he scoops.

Round 4: (Lands)
    Game 1: This is a name-recognized SCG player and I know what he is likely to be playing. He plays a Forest and passes, I do the same. He plays a Stage, I do the same. He Wastelands the Stage and I let it happen, then I Rotate for Bog in response to Loam on Wasteland. He has a second Wasteland but decides to copy his own Forest rather than destroy the Bog in response to my Pithing Needle, which names Wasteland. This mistake cost him the game, as I was eventually able to Vesuva-Bog away his Loam, Depths, and singleton Ghost Quarter while gaining enough life to survive Marit Lage. He tries to Punishing-Fire me but I have an Ugin ticking up and a Kozilek to draw more action, while all he has to stop me are Ports. Somehow I never find a Candelabra but it doesn't matter as he concedes the match in order (so I was told) to go to a football game.

Round 5: (D&T)
    Game 1: I am always happy to see a T1 Mother of Runes. I get multiple Mazes and a Candelabra to hold off his creatures while I wait to draw a Forest to cast Crop Rotation for Eye of Ugin and the win. For some reason he gets Flickerwisps with Recruiter instead of Phyrexian Revoker to shut off Candelabras. I eventually draw New Emrakul to eat away at his board and he decides to go to the next game.

Game 2: He has multiple Ports which seriously constrain my mana, but he has little pressure. Eventually he assembles enough creatures that I Rotate a Maze into a Tabernacle to tie up his Ports, which allows me to clean up with All is Dust and then an Ugin to take out the leftover Revoker.

Round 6: (D&T)
    Game 1: He has Wasteland, Port, and Vial but no serious threat. He Flickerwisps out my Needle in order to Wasteland a Cloudpost which keeps me off of threats for several turns, in which Maze + Candelabra works overtime. I have a Tabernacle in play and cast From Beyond, which I then sacrifice to get new Emrakul and make him not pay for his creatures, then put a Revoker on Vial. The game is not completely decided, but he scoops anyway.

Game 2: I have no Needle and he has a curve of creatures. I bait him into Wastelanding a Maze so that I can Rotate it into a Cloudpost and start ramping, and copy it with a Stage before it gets Wastelanded. I Vesuva the Cloudpost-Stage and then he Surgicals my Cloudposts, but I have a Candelabra so all is well. I Eye for Ulamog to exile his Ports, and he knows from the Surgical that I also have New Emrakul so he scoops.

Round 7: (U/W Delver-Blade)
    Game 1: I am on the draw and mulligan to 5 whereas he blind-flips a T1 Delver and has 3 Wastelands. Having no Needles, I lose.

-1 From Beyond, -1 Wail, +1 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Grip
    I expect that he has Back to Basics and I know he has TNN, so I bring Grip for the former and Bomb for both.

Game 2: I am light on mana but Wail away his T1 Delver, after which he has little pressure. He does have a Back to Basics which leaves me with two Forests as mana sources, and a Wasteland for my one Cloudpost. I have Ratchet Bomb in hand but wait to cast it until I have a third mana in order to hold up Crop Rotation for the Wasteland, but after Vendilion Clique arrives I decide to take the risk and tap out for Bomb. For some reason he Wastelands my Tabernacle instead of the Cloudpost, and over three turns I tick up the Bomb and get two more Cloudposts. Bomb takes out the clique and the Back to Basics, allowing me to cast New Emrakul to make him waste his threats.

-1 Wail, +1 Grip
    Having now seen Back to Basics I want some more action and Warping Wail is worse on the draw when its main target is Delver.

Game 3: I resolve a T1 Needle and have Maze to hold off his Delver. He lands a Jace and starts fatesealing, but I have an Ugin in hand so when he Ponders with two cards in hand I Rotate a Forest in response which he (correctly) Forces pitching the other card. As a result he can't counter the Ugin which cleans up his board, then Kozilek finishes the job (protecting himself from a StP and a Council's Judgment).

Quarterfinals: (U/B Shadow)
    Game 1: I am the fifth seed so I'm on the draw. He has a bunch of cantrips and two Wastelands for Cloudposts, but two Mazes hold off his two creatures. He has counterspells for the All is Dust and the Ugin, so the third threat is too much for the Mazes.

Game 2: I put T1 Needle on Wasteland, then attempt to Wail away his 1/1 Death's Shadow but he protects it with Daze. I again get two Mazes to hold off two Delvers, but he cantrips away all his other cards for an additional two Shadows and an Angler. I Map for Chasm but find no action in time.

Thoughts:
    1. From Beyond is very good in its role.
    2. Storm seems to be less common than before, and Sphere of Resistance is in the sideboard for basically that matchup and Food Chain. I plan to replace one Sphere with a third Trinisphere and use the new sideboard slot for something that's good against Death's Shadow.
    3. 3 Warping Wails might be OK.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

****** SCG Baltimore Day 1 Report ******

Round 1: 2-1 vs. Grixis Delver
    Game 1: He is on the play and leads on Preordain, then cantrips for two turns so I put Needle on Delta thinking he's playing Storm. He immediately Wastelands a Cloudpost, but I have another and a second Candelabra. He Forces my Ugin but can't stop Crop Rotation for Eye and Map -> Cloudpost -> Emrakul

-1 Warping Wail, +1 Ratchet Bomb
    I saw True-Name Nemesis so I bring in a Ratchet Bomb.

Game 2: I mulligan to 5 with Kozilek, Cloudpost, Vesuva, Glimmerpost, Stage and scry away the Ratchet Bomb. He Wastelands a Glimmerpost but Maze holds a Delver. I counter a Wasteland on Stage by turning it into a Forest. I go up to 11 with Glimmerpost but he has 2 True-Name Nemesis and Snapcaster + Bolt for lethal.

-1 Ballista, +1 Spyglass

Game 3: I find a Cloudpost with Ancient Stirrings, then he blind-flips a T1 Delver but has only one land. I have Maze and Tabernacle to lock him out, and he has one draw step to find Wasteland before I copy the Cloudpost and Ulamog away his board.

Round 2: 0-2 vs. Grixis Control
    Game 1: I get new Emrakul + Karakas but he Jaces into Force of Will to counter the second casting before I can do anything helpful with his cards. Jace fateseals and I get bolted out.

-1 Needle, +1 Spyglass

Game 2: He plays T1 Needle on Eye of Ugin, so I will have to topdeck a threat. Unfortunately he lands a Jace which fateseals me out of the game. This game highlights the easiest way to lose a game with this deck, and was a key motivation for including From Beyond.

Round 3: 2-1 vs. U/W Miracles
    Game 1: I mulligan to 4 keeping Vesuva, Chasm, Stirrings, Map and scry a Forest to the top. Stirrings finds a Cloudpost, Vesuva copies it, then I draw more Cloudposts for a hardcast Emrakul on turn 6, followed by Ulamog to take out his white sources.

-2 Needle, -2 Warping Wail, +1 Spyglass, +1 Thought-Knot Seer, +2 Krosan Grip

Game 2: We play draw-land/cantrip-go for several turns but I do not find an answer for his Teferi, whose emblem exiles my Cloudposts. Again, a game where From Beyond would have completely changed the outcome.

Game 3: My mana development is slow and he sets up an Entreat for three angels. He has Humility + Moat to prevent attacks, but the cast trigger from New Emrakul lets me Jace-bounce and StP away his angels so that the follow-up Ulamog can remove his enchantments and I can attack for the win.

Round 4: 2-1 vs. U/B Death's Shadow
    Game 1: I resolve Needle on Wasteland and he takes too long to find a threat. I almost lose to Shadow + Delver but a topdecked New Emrakul lets me suicide his Delver and Preordain into Fatal Push for his own Death's Shadow and leaving a useless Daze on top. Obviously he's too low on life to survive the attack.

Game 2: I lock out Wasteland with a Needle and have multiple Candelabras, and despite his having 2 Death's Shadows and a Delver he puts a Ratchet Bomb on 1. To be safe, I Spyglass it. I have Maze + 2 Candelabras, but don't have the mana to hold off more than two creatures so when he finds the fourth I lose to it.

Game 3: I put T1 Needle on Wasteland but he Forces the first Map and Dazes my Candelabra. I draw Stage and eventually draw Map to get Dark Depths which he can't stop.

Round 5: 2-0 vs. U/W Delver-Blade
    This opponent knows the person to his left and proudly announces to him that he had not lost a game since round 1. I take special pleasure in beating smug players and this time is no exception.
    Game 1: I put a T1 Needle on Wasteland and I see my opponent slump a little. He plays Delver, Stoneforge -> Batterskull, and 2 True-Names while I set up. I topdeck Kozilek on the last turn, which draws into Candelabra + Ulamog and Glacial Chasm. Ulamog exiles SFM and Delver and I play Chasm so that I don't die to a possible Sword equipped to a True-Name. He does not have one, so I let go of the Chasm at 7 life and draw Crop Rotation -> Eye -> Emrakul -> win.

+2 Bomb, +2 Grip, -2 Wail, -1 Bojuka Bog, -1 Walking Ballista
    I saw an unusual number of basic lands so I assume he's playing Back to Basics.

Game 2: T1 Needle on Wasteland enables a parade of Cloudposts. He has a lot of reactive cards but no threats besides a True-Name and a Snapcaster, so the combination of Tabernacle + New Emrakul merely wipes his board but leaves his hand unscathed. He draws Council's Judgment to remove Emrakul so we topdeck for a while. I draw Ugin to bolt him out of the game.

Round 6: 1-2 vs. B/R Reanimator
    Game 1: I am on the play and lead with Forest and Map. He reanimates Griselbrand, then Chancellor in the same turn. I play a Maze and take 5 from the Chancellor until I can crack the Map to get Karakas, answering both creatures. This is too late as he reanimates another Chancellor and I don't draw another Maze.

-1 Kozilek, -1 New Emrakul, -1 Ulamog, -2 Ugin, -1 Tabernacle
    +3 Surgical, +2 Trinisphere, +1 Spyglass
    I board out Tabernacle because the current Reanimator build plays Ashen Rider, and Tabernacle allows them to let it die at will to exile a key permanent (such as a Maze). They also only need one creature anyway. I board out all the threats that they could discard and reanimate.

Game 2: I Rotate for Bog to stop T1 Griselbrand, but after two turns he spends his whole hand to Unmask and Exhume a Tidespout Tyrant. He has only two lands, so I play Trinisphere hoping to lock him out while Maze shuts down the Tyrant. He does not draw lands but I draw enough Cloudposts to hardcast Emrakul. This is the first time I've ever beaten a resolved Tidespout.

Game 3: I keep a good 7 with Maze, Crop Rotation, Trinisphere, and Karakas so I opt not to mulligan looking for Surgical Extraction. I have the board under control until he reanimates Archetype of Endurance to shut off Maze + Karakas. I make a chump blocker with Warping Wail but it gets exiled by Ashen Rider.

Round 7: 1-2 vs. Eldrazi
    Game 1: He has T1 Chalice on the play and one Maze isn't enough to survive.

-2 All is Dust, -2 Ugin, -1 Bog, -3 Warping Wail
    +2 Ratchet Bomb, +3 Krosan Grip, +1 Thought-Knot Seer, +1 Spyglass, +1 Dark Depths

Game 2: I put T1 Needle on Wasteland and have Maze and three Vesuvas to copy it, which is enough to lock him out of combat and he scoops to New Emrakul.

Game 3: I keep 2 Forest, Stirrings, Grip, Kozilek, New Emrakul, and Candelabra. He has no T1 Chalice, so I cast Ancient Stirrings looking for Maze but do not find one. I get beat down and Chasm doesn't buy enough time. I should have mulliganed the hand.

Round 8: 2-1 vs. U/B Reanimator
    Game 1: He is on the play and Carefully Studies Elesh Norn and Griselbrand into the graveyard, then Dazes my T1 Crop Rotation. He takes a while to find a reanimation spell and Rotate for Bog twice along the way. He Show and Tells a Tidespout and has some spells to bounce my Cloudpost, but eventually draws lands and counterspells and I can replay the Cloudposts he bounced. I draw Kozilek into All is Dust to clear the Tidespout, and he doesn't have the Force of Will to stop the Crop Rotation for Bog to lock up the win.

-1 Kozilek, -1 New Emrakul, -1 Ulamog, -2 Ugin, -1 Tabernacle
    +3 Surgical, +2 Trinisphere, +1 Spyglass

Game 2: I Surgical the first Griselbrand that hits his graveyard, but he Entombs an Inkwell Leviathan that Mazes can't stop. Glacial Chasm buys time but I find no answer.

Game 3: We durdle for a few turns and I blow him out with Surgical, then Warping Wail a Show and Tell that would have put in a Tidespout. I assemble Stage + Depths for the win.

Round 9: 1-2 vs. Eldrazi
    Game 1: I turtle behind Chasm but have no Needle. He draws many cards off an Endbringer and finds Wasteland before I find a threat. At one point I Mapped for Eye but should have gotten Tabernacle to tax his mana and force him to take damage from his Ancient Tombs.

-2 All is Dust, -2 Ugin, -1 Bog, -3 Warping Wail
    +2 Ratchet Bomb, +3 Krosan Grip, +1 Thought-Knot Seer, +1 Spyglass, +1 Dark Depths

Game 2: He has no Chalice, and plays Matter Reshapers instead of TKS. I take a few hits, but can set up Stage + Depths for the win.

Game 3: I mulligan to 5 and get locked out by Chalice.

Observations:
    1. Walking Ballista really was underwhelming.
    2. All the bad matchups I lost 1-2. This is frustrating but indicates that it might not take much to make them favorable. In particular, I usually lose 0-2 to Eldrazi but these games felt much more winnable.
    3. Tidespout Tyrant can be beaten with Trinispheres and/or luck. I will bring in Trinispheres against reanimator in the future.
    4. T1 Needle on Wasteland is strong.
    5. The easiest way to lose a good matchup is to topdeck air, especially while being fatesealed by Jace.
    6. I won several games by topdecking Kozilek into action.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

Quote Originally Posted by nimkee View Post
    Thanks for the report, its a great / clean write up. Oddly enough, I had a foil From Beyond in my 12 post box but never tried it out. I am looking forward to sleeving it up myself.

I'm not sure what other people's metas are but over here there's a down-tick in storm, though lands and and loam pox (don't ask...) is seeing more play. A few people are on Grixis Control. There is also some U/W stoneblade, along with a couple of miracle players. Everything else is mostly singletons. The top two players that have been winning quite a bit are on U/W delver (splashing red) and U/B Shadow.

What sort of advice do you have on the UB Shadow matchup? How important was the 3rd maze for you?
    I beat Shadow once during the Open then lost to a much better player in the Classic which are the only times I've played the matchup, so I don't have a solid opinion on it yet. Here's what I think makes the matchup difficult:

1. They can put you under early pressure quickly.
    2. Their creatures are large enough that Glimmerpost lifegain does not buy whole turns as against D&T, for example.
    3. They can often go wide with threats.
    4. They have counterspells.

On the other hand, there are strong points in our favor:

1. They can't deal with a resolved noncreature permanent, so Needle on Wasteland shuts down their most threatening interaction.
    2. With Wasteland shut off, Maze + Candelabra is very strong (though they can go wide).
    3. Any threat is lethal since they lose so much life.

Ratchet Bomb might be a good answer but it's awkward to blow up your own Needles and Candelabras, and it doesn't answer Angler. They operate on few lands so Trinisphere could do work. I like the Dark Depths plan against them, at least for now.

The third Maze is extremely important. You never want to expend a Map or a Crop Rotation to get one if you don't need to since those should be devoted to assembling the Cloudpost engine. So you want to draw them naturally, and I have found that with only two copies that doesn't happen often enough. Many decks get eaten alive by Maze + Candelabra so when you get it for free it helps a great deal.

Hi everyone.
    New to 12 post eldrazi.
    I currently have the colorless version. Was wondering what you typically do to prepare for Miracles matchup, and back to basics.

@k_omega

Great write up, I知 always excited to see someone doing well with CG. From Beyond is very intriguing; I知 going to have to try it out for sure.

I知 curious about your thoughts on Ancient Tomb. I知 planning to add one to my main, once I figure out what to cut for it. My reasoning is:
    (1) Improve game 1 vs combo, since it lets you Crop into Wail on T1
    (2) Set up Depths on T3 instead of T4 (although I run mine main alongside a pair of Mirrors)
    (3) Postboard, hits Sphere on T1 or more consistent 3Sphere on T2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    Hi everyone.
    New to 12 post eldrazi.
    I currently have the colorless version. Was wondering what you typically do to prepare for Miracles matchup, and back to basics.
    If you're looking to stay with the colorless version then I think you want: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...79-BigEldrazi/

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    @k_omega

Great write up, I知 always excited to see someone doing well with CG. From Beyond is very intriguing; I知 going to have to try it out for sure.

I知 curious about your thoughts on Ancient Tomb. I知 planning to add one to my main, once I figure out what to cut for it. My reasoning is:
    (1) Improve game 1 vs combo, since it lets you Crop into Wail on T1
    (2) Set up Depths on T3 instead of T4 (although I run mine main alongside a pair of Mirrors)
    (3) Postboard, hits Sphere on T1 or more consistent 3Sphere on T2.
    I'll be interested to know how From Beyond works for you. That was my first time playing it and I'm going test it some more.

The Lands players in my area play a sideboard Ancient Tomb for similar reasons and like it. I would not maindeck it unless my meta had a lot of combo, since it is unnecessary in fair matchups where the damage might cost you games. Personally I dislike the idea of burning a Crop Rotation just to power out a sphere because, unlike Lands, we can't lock out the opponent with Wasteland to make the sphere game-winning nor do we win particularly quickly once the sphere is in play, unless we have even more tutors to assemble Stage + Depths. I would prefer to hold up Crop Rotation and wait to draw sphere mana naturally. Maybe that strategy is worse now that the Storm decks play more discard instead of Probes, in which case a quick sphere might be better. I would have to play the matchup more to be sure. I would also want to see how often the sphere forces you to use the Ancient Tomb when you otherwise would not.

Also, if you copy Thespian's Stage with Mirage Mirror then turn the Mirror-Stage into another land, does it revert to being a Mirror at end of turn?

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

Anyone watching the coverage of the SCG Open this weekend should pay attention when Jody Keith is on stream. He's playing a Cg list which is a card-for-card copy of my 75 from the classic and his team is ranked 3rd after Day 1. Star City in their infinite wisdom has classified his deck as "Eldrazi Post" but do not be fooled. I guess he saw the light after I curb-stomped him on Lands in the classic.

Here he is briefly in round 6: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319116849?t=06h15m12s

Apparently he also streamed the deck (with success) earlier this week, the recording of which is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/318146037

I disagree with a lot of his sideboarding but it seems to be working out mostly OK for him.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    Was wondering what you typically do to prepare for Miracles matchup, and back to basics.
    My, how times have changed.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

I haven't been here in a fair amount of time, but I've come out of hiding and I'm looking for some help. If this kind of promotion breaks the rules, just let me know.

On Saturday, November 3rd, I'll be streaming and playing games for 24 hours through Extra Life to raise money for a children's hospital in my area. I thought it would be pretty cool to do at least 12 hours of 12-Post online for it, so I thought I'd post here. I probably have just about anything you'd throw into a Post deck online (at least in terms of cards we've actually played), so if anyone has any interest I think it would also be cool to play some brews if any of you can come up with something silly for me to play.

All donated money goes to the hospital and is 100% tax deductible. If you can donate, you are awesome, but even if you can't, feel free to stop by, say hi, and laugh at my mistakes. For more information, or to donate, check out https://www.extra-life.org/participant/zotmaster . I'll at least announce my stream that day if that's all right, and I hope to see some of you there! :)
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Jun 2012
    uk

So damn tempted to make this sweet deck although the price of Candelabra puts me off...is this deck really bad against wasteland?

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Quote Originally Posted by amjw View Post
    So damn tempted to make this sweet deck although the price of Candelabra puts me off...is this deck really bad against wasteland?
    You have needle effects and crop rotations. If anything the deck feels good against wasteland strategies.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

Made top 16 of a local event yesterday with the same list as before (http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/123970) but -2 Sphere of Resistance, +1 Trinisphere, +1 Elephant Grass in the sideboard. There are more matchups where I want Trinisphere than Sphere of Resistance specifically, and Elephant Grass locks out all non-Delver creatures from UB Shadow.

Matchups:
    2-1 vs. BUG Control with Assassin's Trophy
    2-0 vs. Enchantress
    0-2 vs. 4c Loam (Matthew Vook, who won SCG Baltimore with it)
    0-2 vs. Steel Stompy
    2-0 vs. Strawberry Shortcake (Jack Kitchen, looked like the same list he played at the Baltimore Open)
    2-0 vs. 4c Loam

Many blue players either switched decks or did not show up, resulting in numerous Knight/Chalice decks around the top tables. If I had expected that I would have played a U/G Show and Tell build or at least moved the Ratchet Bombs into the maindeck. Fortunately this meant that I got to see the impact of Assassin's Trophy firsthand.

Round 1: 2-1 vs. BUG Control
    Game 1: This person and I have played twice before and he's always played Miracles, so I keep a relatively slow 7 with Cloudpost and Maze on the expectation that he's still playing it. The hand is not enough to win before two True-Names kill me.

-1 Maze, -2 Needle, +1 Spyglass, +2 Ratchet Bomb
    I figure he's not playing Wastelands so the Needle & Spyglass are just for Jace. Ratchet Bomb kills TNN and maybe Jace or Liliana. Wails stay in

Game 2: I keep a hand with Stirrings, From Beyond, Cloudpost, Vesuva, Candelabra, Wail, and no green mana. Wail counters a Hymn and I attempt to Stage his Misty Rainforest so I can get green mana. He fetches in response for a Bayou. I untap Stage and one of two Cloudposts to copy the Bayou and in response he kills the Cloudpost with Assassin's Trophy. So I get my green mana anyway. He counters the From Beyond but has nothing for Kozilek.

Game 3: I keep another hand without green mana but get two Cloudposts and two Candelabras on the second turn. This seems to scare him and he plays passively for a few turns while I look to topdeck mana for either Stirrings, Crop Rotation, or the Ugin in hand. I draw a third Cloudpost, cast Ugin to kill his Clique and start bolting him. He has Assassin's Trophy for Ugin, but the Forest unlocks Stirrings for Emrakul which wins.

Round 2: 2-0 vs. Enchantress
    Game 1: He casts mana enchantments and draws cards but has nothing for the turn 4 Ugin.

-2 Wail, -1 Bog, -1 Tabernacle, -3 Maze, +1 Spyglass, +3 Grip, +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 TKS
    I saw Living Wish in game 1 so I keep a few Wails. There aren't enough relevant cards to bring in anyway and the matchup is incredibly easy.

Game 2: He is stuck on lands for a while but the mana enchantments let him cast some engine pieces. I have three Cloudposts, an Eye, and a Candelabra so I tutor for Ulamog to cut off his white mana, buying time for me to get another post for Eye + Emrakul mana. He has one turn to topdeck a win but does not find it so Emrakul cleans up.

Round 3: 0-2 vs. 4c Loam
    Game 1: Since he won the Open with it I assume my opponent is playing 4c Loam and mulligan my 7-card hand which would have hardcast Emrakul on turn 4 if unmolested. The 6 and 5-card hands were unplayable garbage without even a Pithing Needle so I keep 4 with 2 Crop Rotations, a Map, and a Candelabra. I scoop to Liliana discard in case he doesn't know what I'm playing, but apparently word has gotten around and he knows what I play.

-1 From Beyond, -1 Kozilek, -2 Candelabra, -4 Wail, +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Spyglass, +2 Grip, +1 TKS, +2 Surgical

Game 2: I put T1 Needle on Wasteland and he does not have a Chalice, so I build toward a state where I can Rotate for a second Cloudpost on his end step to get 7 mana for All is Dust, clearing a Liliana which seems to be his only action. Unfortunately he draws Ghost Quarter on the last possible turn, and I die to a follow-up Knight since I discarded a Maze earlier instead of a Krosan Grip.

Round 4: 0-2 vs. Steel Stompy
    Game 1: I play T1 Map but then get locked out by Chalice, whereas my opponent naturally draws three Wastelands for my Mazes and Cloudpost.

-1 Bog, -1 From Beyond, -2 All is Dust, -2 Wail, +3 Grip, +1 Spyglass, +2 Ratchet Bomb

Game 2: I have a Maze for his Lodestone Golem and Tabernacle keeps him too low on mana to deploy his hand of 4-drops. I take damage from an Overseer-pumped Vault Skirge for a while while setting up Ulamog to take out his lands and block whatever creature doesn't die to Tabernacle. This setup means I have to play a Forest instead of a Glacial Chasm, so when he topdecks Arcbound Ravager the Maze is no longer enough and I die.

Round 5: 2-0 vs. Strawberry Shortcake
    Game 1: I expect this opponent to play Painter so I mulligan my 7-card hand to put old Emrakul back in the deck. We both mulligan to 5 and set up for a while. He assembles the combo, Emrakul shuffles everything back in, and I cast new Emrakul threatening to make him Grindstone himself in his upkeep. He scoops.

-1 Chasm, -1 Tabernacle, -1 Maze, -2 All is Dust, -2 Ancient Stirrings, +3 Krosan Grip, +1 Spyglass, +1 Depths, +2 Ratchet Bomb
    He has 4 Smuggler's Copters which might be enough to kill me, so I leave in some Mazes. Painter shuts off Stirrings (end Eye) so I board some out for Ratchet Bombs to interrupt the combo. Dark Depths is there to be an auto-win after killing a Blood Moon.

Game 2: Copters hit me down to 7 and he Recruiters up a Goblin Cratermaker. This makes the new Emrakul that I was setting up rather weak, so I Eye for Ulamog before Painter renders it useless and use Ulamog to exile the Copters. He is empty-handed and has neither half of the combo, so his next turn is unthreatening. On my next turn I eye for Emrakul invalidating the Cratermaker and winning the game.

Round 6: 2-0 vs. 4c Loam
    Game 1: I played near this person earlier in the day so I know he's on some kind of Knight deck. I am on the play and put T1 Needle on Wasteland, then another one the turn after before he plays a Chalice on 1. A few turns pass with him having a Confidant and a Sylvan Library while I try to find a 10th mana source for the Kozilek I have in hand. He eventually kills both Needles, one with Decay and one with Trophy, giving me the land I need. He attempts to Wasteland a Cloudpost and misses his Chalice trigger for my protective Crop Rotation, so on the next turn I cast Kozilek drawing me into more 1 drops and lands. He plays a Liliana to edict away Kozilek, I play From Beyond which after next turn's Scion token is enough to sacrifice, get New Emrakul, cast it, and play Tabernacle. I make him lose his creatures, pay 8 life for Library, then Punishing Fire himself to death.

-1 From Beyond, -1 Kozilek, -2 Candelabra, -3 Wail, +2 Ratchet Bomb, +1 Spyglass, +2 Grip, +2 Surgical

Game 2: He has two Mox Diamonds and a Loam on the play but no threats or action. I put Needle on Wasteland, then he opts not to dredge Loam instead playing a Ghost Quarter to destroy my Forest. I take the opportunity to Rotate for Bog exiling the Loam and the Ghost Quarter which buys a lot of time, but he Decays my Needle. He plays a Knight to search up Wastelands, but without Loam to recur them he just leaves them in play. I have two Mazes to hold off his Knight + Dryad Arbor while we pass back and forth, him trying to draw action and me trying to build up to 5 mana so I can play Eye of Ugin and All is Dust him in one turn, without him Wastelanding any of the mana-producing lands. Once his graveyard is full of lands he uses both Wastelands to kill my Mazes and attacks expecting lethal, but I Rotate a Forest for a Vesuva-Bog to shrink the Knight and exile the Wastelands. He follows up with a Bob and a Library, but I have my 5 mana and wipe his board. We play draw-go for a while, I copy a Cabal Pit with Stage so I can kill any Bob he plays, but I topdeck a Cloudpost which gets copied by two Stage-Lands and that's enough to Eye for Emrakul and win. An Ugin died to Assassin's Trophy.

Observations:
    1. Another green mana source is called for, especially with From Beyond requiring green. I think 7 Forests is defensible if you only play Stirrings, Crop Rotation, and SB Krosan Grips (I used 7 for a long time), but From Beyond seems to tip the balance in favor of 8 green sources. Better still if the 8th can also be an untapped colorless source. Maybe Grove of the Burnwillows? Alternatively, the storage lands (Fungal Reaches, Saltcrusted Steppe) have synergy with Candelabra and let you "ramp" while topdecking nonland cards. Even Chromatic Star might be good enough.
    2. Warping Wail is pretty bad in my metagame.
    3. Assassin's Trophy means that Ugin is not lights-out against BG decks. Trophy on Cloudpost is not that threatening from control decks but can be backbreaking from Knight decks.
    4. I'd like to play Sea Gate Wreckage to draw lots of cards with Candelabra, but nothing seems reasonable to cut. From Beyond is better since Wreckage is useless if an Eldrazi gets stuck in hand.
    5. New Emrakul was somewhat underwhelming in the classic and I thought about cutting it for old Kozilek. I'm glad I kept it.

Changes: Replace one Warping Wail with a basic Forest and move the Wail to the sideboard in place of Elephant Grass. I'd put it in the sideboard instead of cutting it entirely because countering Hymns is critical against the Grixis decks.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

I played Killian's list from a few weeks ago at a local today. I just put the deck together this week so I have only played a few games with it. All matchups are exciting and new to me!

R1 - Miracles
    G1 I just play an Eye of Ugin and get an Emrakul. I think I bring in all three Grips because I saw only basics this game.
    G2 My opponent slams B2B on t2. I Krosan Grip it and then get an Eye of Ugin into play, which gets Ulamog and then Emrakul. Interestingly my opponent E-tutors for a Helm in this game, but never plays RiP.

R2 - UB Shadow
    G1 I get dazed a couple of times but have Maze/Candle and my opponent doesn't get to a Wasteland before I play a Needle. Eventually I cast a topdecked Kozilek and they concede.
    G2 My opponent thoughtseizes my Ulamog and then untaps and Reanimates it, but unfortunately I have the Karakas. I needle Wasteland and chill behind a Maze until I can cast the Ulamog again and my opponent concedes.

R3 - BR Reanimator
    G1 I'm pretty sure my opponent is on reanimator. This turned out to be the coolest game I have played in months. I keep a hand with Rotation in it and am able to protect it using Warping Wail on a couple of discard spells. My opponent eventually makes me blow it for Bog, and then rituals into entombing and reanimating an Ashen Rider which exiles my Maze and a couple of Posts, and takes my All is Dust with a discard spell. I'm on like 26 life or something though, so have a few turns of topdecking but not much mana. When I am on 6 life I draw Ancient stirrings which lets me cast From Beyond. My opponent attacks me to 1. I use my candelabra to untap a forest and can then crack From Beyond to get Promised End with exactly enough mana to cast it (because of the Enchantment in the gy now from sacrificing From Beyond). I enslave my opponent's mind and ram their rider into my Emrakul, having them exile one of their own lands, then reanimate the rider and exile itself. My opponent gets their "real" turn but has nothing that vaguely interacts with a lethal 13/13.
    G2 I just kinda get griselbranded really fast. I didn't draw any GY interaction either, so probably not the best keep.
    G3 I lead with Cloudpost because it lets me play t2 3ball if my opponent doesn't just kill me. My opponent plays lotus petal faithless looting go, so I untap and make 3ball and they look extraordinarily shocked and cannot cast any spells for a very long time. I keep drawing lands so can't really capitalize on this, and my opponent eventually gets to put a Grave Titan into play. Eventually I topdeck Aeons Torn and just cast it with an untapped Karakas.

R4 - Dredge
    G1 My opponent discards a bunch of stuff to Putrid Imp and then casts Breakthrough for 0. I respond by rotating for bog. Over subsequent turns I play two Vesuvas on Bog, and then eventually make a big creature I guess.
    G2 My opponent plays a land, cracks LED for red discarding their hand including a grave troll and an imp, and attempts to flashback faithless looting. In response I cast double Surgical on both dredge cards. My opponent seemed displeased.

Will spend the credit on increasing my foil% for this deck. Definitely the most interesting deck I have played in a long time. I would encourage anyone else who is playing it to join the 12post discord server so we can work on it together!

@k_omega please don't tell me you're up to 8 forests because I only own 7 arena beta foil forests :'(

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Played a little three round weekly tonight because I was so stoked after the weekend to play the deck more. Same list. I don't totally remember my mulls but this should be approximate.

R1 - Grixis
    G1 I have no idea what my opponent is playing. When they cast a Baleful Strix on 2 I sigh in relief. My opponent's only relevant card was a Liliana of the Veil but I blow everything up with Ugin and cast Emrakul.
    I board the spyglass for a needle.
    G2 My opponent surgically extracts my Ancient Stirrings and Expedition Maps, then I cast an Emrakul.

R2 - Sneak
    G1 I am feeling relatively sure that my opponent is playing Sneak. They tap out for a Sneak Attack on 3 and I untap and Ugin it away (my turn 3; not bad). I have needle on Sneak Attack and am holding up Wail and get an active Eye. I cast an Emrakul.
    I board my Grips and Spyglass, and don't know if my opponent is on Omni or not so I board my Trinispheres and TKS too. I boarded out the Ugins, Dusts, Tabernacle, Bog, and I think a Warping Wail.
    G2 I have a pretty good opener. My opponent plays a cantrip on 1 and then Ancient Tomb into Blood Moon on two. I have a Grip in hand so I'm not overwhelmingly worried. On their next turn they cast Show and Tell and I think for a while. I choose to put in a 3ball since it stops Omni and I have a Karakas anyway if they choose a creature. They reveal an Emrakul, I try to Karakas it and then my opponent points at their moon and I realise I've been really dumb.
    G3 I mull into a reasonable hand. I reveal my own Emrakul to an ancient stirrings to deter S&T, and get to spy with a spyglass (which just gets Abraded). I see that my opp has Sneak and Emrakul, so when they tap out for Sneak and I cast Krosan Grip I feel pretty good about things. My opponent untaps and casts a second Sneak and activates it and I'm left a little disappointed!
    We talk a bit about SBing after the game. My opponent board out a Sneak and kept in all 4 S&Ts, which feels super loose to me. They also boarded out their Omnis. Anyone here got any thoughts?

R3 - (Esper?) Stoneforge
    G1 I know that my opponent has been playing blue stoneforge decks for literally years. I mull to 5 after seeing hands with no mana sources. They groan when I lead with Cloudpost. I drew natural Eye this game so I cast an Emrakul in a few turns.
    I board the Grips and a Spyglass for a Rotation, Tabernacle, Bog and Wail.
    G2 I actually draw 2 Glimmerposts and a Karakas and then no other lands. My opponent disenchants my t1 map. and kinda goes to town with a Feast and Famine'd mystic. I have like 7 draw steps or something but just see green spells and no lands. It would seem it is in fact possible to lose games to blue control decks!
    G3 I think we both mull. I resolve a candle and have two natural posts and natural Eye. I think I cast Kozilek on 4, which gets countered but draws me several cards. I untap and cast Promised End.
    My opponent did bring in B2Bs, but I had grips and 4 candles anyhow so I don't think it would've made much of a difference. I left in the Mazes because it seemed good against the SoFaF/Batterskull plan, but I probably could have brought 1 out.

I still need to develop my board plans a bit but I'm getting more used to the typical sequences now. And can do post/candelabra mathematics without needing to double-check myself haha!

Can we rename this thread 12-Post or something yet? Or create a new thread? I think it's super confusing that this thread is called "turbo eldrazi" when it plays like 4 eldrazi (all titans), especially now that there is a popular "Eldrazi Post" deck too. Like this deck is clearly defined by Locuses and not by Eldrazi.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

Quote Originally Posted by cdnza View Post
    R2 - Sneak
    G1 I am feeling relatively sure that my opponent is playing Sneak. They tap out for a Sneak Attack on 3 and I untap and Ugin it away (my turn 3; not bad). I have needle on Sneak Attack and am holding up Wail and get an active Eye. I cast an Emrakul.
    I board my Grips and Spyglass, and don't know if my opponent is on Omni or not so I board my Trinispheres and TKS too. I boarded out the Ugins, Dusts, Tabernacle, Bog, and I think a Warping Wail.
    Never board out Wails against S&S. You can cut at least one Maze and the Chasm. If possible, try to keep an All is Dust (especially if you keep From Beyond) because games can often get to where they have multiple troublesome permanents in play while you are both topdecking.

We talk a bit about SBing after the game. My opponent board out a Sneak and kept in all 4 S&Ts, which feels super loose to me. They also boarded out their Omnis. Anyone here got any thoughts?
    They should keep in Omniscience since that makes their S&T powerful enough to beat the best card you could put in off of it. Against Cg specifically it's fine (from their perspective) to keep all the S&T's because we only have Emrakul and Karakas to put in that would stop them from effectively winning that turn. With Omniscience, even those two cards don't work.

Can we rename this thread 12-Post or something yet? Or create a new thread? I think it's super confusing that this thread is called "turbo eldrazi" when it plays like 4 eldrazi (all titans), especially now that there is a popular "Eldrazi Post" deck too. Like this deck is clearly defined by Locuses and not by Eldrazi.
    I've been thinking that we should get the people who have had success with the modern-day versions of the various builds to write their own primers and put them in a new thread. into_play did well with a U/G build a few months back I think. I don't know if it's possible to rename this thread, and the creator of this thread appears not to be active here anymore.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] 12 Post

Done.

Next time, just message me.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

[Deck] 12 Post

Quote Originally Posted by k_omega View Post
    Also, if you copy Thespian's Stage with Mirage Mirror then turn the Mirror-Stage into another land, does it revert to being a Mirror at end of turn?
    I致e never tried that, but I知 pretty sure it goes back to Mirror at end of turn as a delayed triggered ability.

I知 planning to try your list out (although minus a Surgical). Any advice on how to board with From Beyond? Am I correct in assuming that it comes out against most combo decks?

Also, I知 really curious why you moved a Wail to the board. It seems like it would really hurt your game 1 vs combo, Hymn decks, and D&T (for Revoker).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Hey all, it's been a while since I commented with my UG post deck (May was the last I believe) with the ban on deathrite has that officially killed BUG post?

I've come up with a spicy take on BUG post that protects on a different axis while ramping to the main threats. I am happy to post the first iteration if wanted.

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

I致e never tried that, but I知 pretty sure it goes back to Mirror at end of turn as a delayed triggered ability.
    I asked a judge about it last weekend and it does revert to being a Mirror.

I知 planning to try your list out (although minus a Surgical). Any advice on how to board with From Beyond? Am I correct in assuming that it comes out against most combo decks?
    From Beyond stays in if you expect there to be long stretches of turns where neither player does much and/or you expect to end up in topdeck mode. In every other matchup you can safely board it out. The only combo matchup where I would keep it is Sneak and Show so that you can tutor for an All is Dust, tutor for Emrakul in response to S&T, or make forward progress under Blood Moon. Also relevant is that the scions provide colorless mana for Wails when Moon is in play.

Also, I知 really curious why you moved a Wail to the board. It seems like it would really hurt your game 1 vs combo, Hymn decks, and D&T (for Revoker).
    I haven't playtested the list with one in the board, but it is what I'm going to test next. I mulliganed several hands and almost lost some games due to lack of green mana, so I want to test an additional Forest and something has to be cut. Wail is very underwhelming in my meta apart from countering Hymns which is a risk I'm willing to take (also why the fourth is in the board instead of being cut entirely). The D&T matchup is so good already that I'm not worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    Hey all, it's been a while since I commented with my UG post deck (May was the last I believe) with the ban on deathrite has that officially killed BUG post?

I've come up with a spicy take on BUG post that protects on a different axis while ramping to the main threats. I am happy to post the first iteration if wanted.
    A friend of mine plays BUG post on MTGO and seems to like it. I don't know his list, but I'd be interested in seeing yours.

Thread Information