Page 330 of 338 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Don't just have an idea - have all of them
    Apr 2016
    Germnay

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Last monday our local playgroup met for a barbecue and magic evening.
    I wanted to give the deck its first paper try with this list:

Deck: Release the Kraken!
    //Lands
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Forest
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Vesuva
    4 Windswept Heath

//Spells
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Expedition Map
    3 Explore
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Moment's Peace
    2 Oblivion Stone
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

//Creatures
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    3 Primeval Titan
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

//Sideboard
    2 Choke
    1 Creeping Corrosion
    1 Glacial Chasm
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thorn of Amethyst

Show more

I won against Czech Pile and Steel Stompy and lost against BUG Control and BUG Death Shadow.
    The biggest problem is consistency. Ancient Stirrings is a nice cantrip but can't find colored cards which is an issue.
    I like the Thought-Knot Seer. I think it's what the deck needs in the early and midgame. With a 4/4 body it can hit hard and the Thougtseize effect gives me the possibility to get some control and interaction.
    Wurmcoil Engine destroys every deck which tries to grind me out and survives an Oblivion Stone, more or less.
    I want to fit a Dark Depths in to have another win option.

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post
    I’m very interested if Rock is still playing post? And if he is what the hell is he playing? Or did our creator simply give up after SDT ban??
    Regarding straight UG I went back to Rock’s post-SDT wish list, which I think is probably the “only viable” straight UG list I’ve played in the post SDT era.
    I play at a local shop where he plays. Most weeks he is still on UG Post.

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post
    I’m very interested if Rock is still playing post? And if he is what the hell is he playing? Or did our creator simply give up after SDT ban??
    Regarding straight UG I went back to Rock’s post-SDT wish list, which I think is probably the “only viable” straight UG list I’ve played in the post SDT era.
    Hes fairly active in the facebook group.

Thanks, guys. Could someone tell Mr. Creator that we non-facebook minions need his guidance? I want to hear his thoughts regarding the current meta and what the hell is he playing (I want lists, card choices/ideas, or a simple don’t play UG it’s bad for your cardio)??
    I want to buy into MTGO despite everything I hear, but I can’t decide on what to play. I’ve been messing around with 1000 different iterations of UGx, and I’m kinda lost on which one to buy at the end of the day. So I guess netdecking comes to mind…

Quote Originally Posted by zathe922 View Post
    What is the name of the Facebook Group?
    Thanks.
    Keith

Apr 2016
    Germnay

Quote Originally Posted by ksesler View Post
    What is the name of the Facebook Group?
    Thanks.
    Keith
    It's called "our Lady of annihilation - 12 Post discussion group"

Quote Originally Posted by zathe922 View Post
    What is the name of the FB group?

Apr 2016
    Germnay

After trying a Cg version, I took some aspects from a quite similar strategy; modern tron, coming to this list:

Deck: Punishing Titan

//Lands
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Eye of Ugin
    3 Forest
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Karakas
    1 Sanctum of Ugin
    1 Taiga
    1 Thespian's Stage
    2 Vesuva

//Spells
    1 All Is Dust
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Explore
    1 Kozilek's Return
    3 Punishing Fire
    1 Scour from Existence
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Summer Bloom

//Creatures
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 World Breaker
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

//Sideboard
    1 By Force
    2 Choke
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Tormod's Crypt

Show more

it feels like a tron with a little power up. Playing no chromatic star/sphere but 4 Explore instead. The additional land drop is quite handy because unlike tron our lands produce way more mana for each copy in play.
    Punishing fire as redudant removal spell; we have the mana anyway.
    World breaker main against chalice of the void mostly.
    Scour from existence as removal spell. quite expensive with 7 mana (triggers sanctum of ugin) but capable of removing everything. I like it so far.
    1-off summer bloom to have the chance to explode hard. I'm unsure about this one off summer bloom. if I have it it's nice but... Probably the first thing I would cut, probably I want Oracle of Mul Daya.
    sanctum of ugin allows us after All is dust, for example, to follow up with a creature. It's a nice tutor.
    Besides this I would consider this as normal card choices.

Maybeboard:
    Karn scion of urza is interesting but I don't know if he is powerful enough. We can get mana so easily that bigger threats can make it.
    Oracle of mul daya brings some consisteny, as I mentioned I probably cut the summer bloom.
    Inferno Titan is another giant which can be cast with cavern but double red seems akward and I have the feeling that I have enough removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo900 View Post
    After trying a Cg version, I took some aspects from a quite similar strategy; modern tron, coming to this list:

Deck: Punishing Titan

//Lands
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Eye of Ugin
    3 Forest
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Karakas
    1 Sanctum of Ugin
    1 Taiga
    1 Thespian's Stage
    2 Vesuva

//Spells
    1 All Is Dust
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Explore
    1 Kozilek's Return
    3 Punishing Fire
    1 Scour from Existence
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Summer Bloom

//Creatures
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 World Breaker
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

//Sideboard
    1 By Force
    2 Choke
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Tormod's Crypt

Show more

it feels like a tron with a little power up. Playing no chromatic star/sphere but 4 Explore instead. The additional land drop is quite handy because unlike tron our lands produce way more mana for each copy in play.
    Punishing fire as redudant removal spell; we have the mana anyway.
    World breaker main against chalice of the void mostly.
    Scour from existence as removal spell. quite expensive with 7 mana (triggers sanctum of ugin) but capable of removing everything. I like it so far.
    1-off summer bloom to have the chance to explode hard. I'm unsure about this one off summer bloom. if I have it it's nice but... Probably the first thing I would cut, probably I want Oracle of Mul Daya.
    sanctum of ugin allows us after All is dust, for example, to follow up with a creature. It's a nice tutor.
    Besides this I would consider this as normal card choices.

Maybeboard:
    Karn scion of urza is interesting but I don't know if he is powerful enough. We can get mana so easily that bigger threats can make it.
    Oracle of mul daya brings some consisteny, as I mentioned I probably cut the summer bloom.
    Inferno Titan is another giant which can be cast with cavern but double red seems akward and I have the feeling that I have enough removal.
    I'm interested as to why you're running Scour from Existence instead of Karn Liberated. Sorcerous Spyglass over Pithing Needle seems a little sketchy as well.

Apr 2016
    Germnay

The benefit of scour from existence is the instant speed. Karn ia great and is probably worth trying in this slot.
    Spyglass for two reasons;
    1. The information gained is quite helpful to plan the next steps and what to name with it. If my opponent is clearly on miracles I can safely say Jace.
    2. Playing around chailice of the void. Chalice is horrible enough. Also: most of the time I can start with a Cloudpost and wouldn't be able to play first turn needle anyway.

The benefit of scour from existence is the instant speed. Karn ia great and is probably worth trying in this slot.
    Spyglass for two reasons;
    1. The information gained is quite helpful to plan the next steps and what to name with it. If my opponent is clearly on miracles I can safely say Jace.
    2. Playing around chailice of the void. Chalice is horrible enough. Also: most of the time I can start with a Cloudpost and wouldn't be able to play first turn needle anyway.
    You list is interesting... Vs combo deck is hard right?

Apr 2016
    Germnay

combo is hard thats true but nobody plays combo. The meta is mostly built up by control decks and grindier decks. Grixis Control, 4c, maverick, dnt, miracles.
    Waiting for the new artifact (forgot the name) to replace the thorns.
    I would consider sneak attack or through the breach to get primeval titan with haste and get 4 lands in a turn.
    I like also the idea of Lightning greeves for my Titan or other threats or a 1 off Amulet of Vigor in the summer bloom slots.
    Punishing Fire is great so far, allowing me to grind the opponent because I have the mana to cast it at least twice a turn and have removal for all the creatures.

As the random number generator 203995014 suggests I would try Karn Liberated instead of Scour from Existence despite I like the instant speed a lot.
    Karn Scion of Urza is also a hot candidate

combo is hard thats true but nobody plays combo. The meta is mostly built up by control decks and grindier decks. Grixis Control, 4c, maverick, dnt, miracles.
    Waiting for the new artifact (forgot the name) to replace the thorns.
    I would consider sneak attack or through the breach to get primeval titan with haste and get 4 lands in a turn.
    I like also the idea of Lightning greeves for my Titan or other threats or a 1 off Amulet of Vigor in the summer bloom slots.
    Punishing Fire is great so far, allowing me to grind the opponent because I have the mana to cast it at least twice a turn and have removal for all the creatures.

As the random number generator 203995014 suggests I would try Karn Liberated instead of Scour from Existence despite I like the instant speed a lot.
    Karn Scion of Urza is also a hot candidate
    I test next time on mtgo you list

Apr 2016
    Germnay

I think the red splash can be very flexible. With punishing fire and kozileks return as a control deck. With sneak attack and through the breach as combo deck. For each meta a choice. I'm interested in your results.
    I'm going to test it a bit further too.

I think the red splash can be very flexible. With punishing fire and kozileks return as a control deck. With sneak attack and through the breach as combo deck. For each meta a choice. I'm interested in your results.
    I'm going to test it a bit further too.
    What do you think ug version?
    I think more competitive and solid

Apr 2016
    Germnay

Ug is the most consistent probably.
    But the people I know splash also black to have removal. In a meta were 80% of the decks have red/pyroblast it doesn't feel soo good. Despite the fact that tropical island (and all other duals) are way too expensive.
    I'm going to try Alpine Moon in this red version too. It's a nice hate card against Wasteland, Dark Depths, Rishadan Port, Gaea's Cradle, Azcanta, Cloudpost and probably more I can't remember of.

Another problem is leovold who shuts down any cantrip of the deck.
    Ug is viable and Show and Tell is great but from a financial and meta perspective nothing I would play at the moment.

After letting Reddit shred my list to Pieces (https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...ke_on_12_post/) I decided to dab on all of dem Haters and attended the Eternal Clash in Flensburg (Northern Germany (http://www.eternal-clash.com/startseite/)). We were 69 People who still believe Legacy is well and alive. I somehow made it to the Top 8, despite not giving a frying pan about winning. In fact, I just wanted to drop after the second round and visit my mother- Instead my mother now finally has a reason to be proud of me.

But without further chit chattering, here is the Decklist:

Artifacts:
    4 Candelabra of Tawnos (Please continue reading!!)
    4 Expedition Map
    1 Mirage Mirror

Sorceries:
    4 Ancient Stirrings

Instants:
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Warping Wail

Creatures:
    3 Conduit of Ruin
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

Lands:
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith
    2 Eldrazi Temple
    2 Eye of Ugin
    3 Vesuva
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    7 Forest
    2 Thespian's Stage

Sideboard:
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Krosan Grip
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Ratched Bomb
    1 All is Dust

In a Test Match against Miracles before the event started, i told my opponent that he lost against nonsense, which is why i changed my Decklist name from Jewrassic Park to „nonsense“ - which is objectively funny.

Round 1 vs Czech Pile/ 4 Colour Controll 2-0

Game 1: TKS shows me, that he plays diabolic edict, Hymn and Kolaghan's command main. I took hymn because I somehow dislike that card even more than the others. He edicts my Dude and answers my Conduit with an Angler on his side. Conduit is followed by another Conduit from the top, searching for Ulamog. Ulamog resolves, game.

Game 2: I play TKS removing Hymn, followed by a Conduit searching or Ulamog. He kills both of them with Toxic Deluge and lets makes me discard my hand with another Hymn. What he did not do was to shuffle my Library with the Surgical he had in Hand. Bad for him, good for „nonsense“

Round 2 vs Burn 2-1

Game 1: Price of Progress. Good Card.

Game 2: I exiled Price with TKS, then finished the game with Ulamog turn 4 or so, destroying an Ensnaring Bridge. Maybe it is just me, but i dont think, that the Birdge does much against the Deck. If it is on a roll, it wins with Ulamog anyway. Would that have been another Bolt or something, that might have been better. But yeah games against burn are pretty straight forward – I try to be fast, bringing a Glimmerpost whenever I can and he just does his burn stuff.

Game 3: He did not draw his Price, i dodged Smash to Smithereens by not playing any Artifacts and he got a pretty clunky hand with Sulfuric Vortex. Was pretty close though, i just survived on 1 Life and got lucky with him not drawing better burn spells. After the game he told me, that he could have killed me, if he had just thrown in a Goblin Guide more aggressively at some point. Lucky me.

Round 3 vs Turbo Depths 2-0

Game 1: Deckcheck Time! - Opponent used two smoky inner sleeves and got a GL :/ Go “Nonsense”!

Game 2: Quick and extremely funny game in my opinion:
    He starts – Urborg go. Cloudpost go. Dark Depths go. Cloudpost go. Bayou, Sylvan Safekeeper go. Glimmerpost Mirage mirror go. Draw, salty scoop. He did not think it was funny to lose to an EDH card i guess :)

Round 4 vs Death and Taxes 2-0
    (He also wrote a report, go and read it :) http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Taxes/page492)

Game 1: I don't remember everything that well. I do remember, that he tried to Waste me twice in one turn, which i countered with crop rotation and elvish spirit guide + crop rotation on the Cloudpost he tried to waste, which threw him two lands behind. At some point he had the choice to kill me one turn faster and let me do my stuff for a turn or to go one turn slower and use his Rishadan Port. He chose to go the fast route, giving me enough resources for Emrakul and Ulamog in the following turn.

Game 2: I slowed him down a bit by removing his stoneforge from the Game with my warping wail. We tried to race but he decided to kill all the fun by playing cataclysm. My Hand consisted of Maze, Tabernacle, Cloudpost, Thespian Stage, Forest and Krosan Grip as he resolved it, leaving me with one land but enough outs to get into the game and him with a Karakas and a Germ-Batterksull. He did not draw any Lands the next two or three turns, so I had enough time to build myself up again and win with Ulamog.

Round 5 vs Miracle Controll 2-1

Finally I played against Peer (https://twitter.com/peer_rich?lang=de). The only reason i built the Deck in the first place was because I knew he played Miracles and i wanted to beat him with a Deck he dislikes. That was my only goal for that day.

Game 1: I keep a greedy hand with two forests, no Post and too many big/ colorless Spells because i think i have enough time, but 3rd turn Mentor is too fast.

Game 2: I do not remember that game, somehow i won. I think he cantripped a lot but eventually did not find anything, which was ok with me.

Game 3: I put Lands into play while he brainstormed for a way to beat me fast. At some point of the game he just had a crazy amount of permanents and was able to bring me down to 5 life. In the final turn he miscounted though, thought i didnt have enough mana to activate my Eye of Ugin. So in response to his Unexpectadly Absent with which he wanted to put Candelabra on Top I activated Eye for an Emrakul Not only that but on the following turn I put my Karakas from hand into play and went on playing the rest of the game without him.

So the plan worked, Peer lost to “nonsense”, my goal was reached. I could have dropped here, but my friends told me, that if I ID twice, i get to the top 8 so .. yeah i did that.
    To this point, I still did not really believe in my Deck, because I just went „Landdrop go“ for the most part, which feels weird, if your primary Deck is Elves.

Round 6 (vs Miracle Controll) ID

He did not want to play against me and we ID'd.

Round 7 (vs Czech Pile) ID

I had really good Pizza for an even better price. If that's not worth attending the Eternal Clash in Flensburg (http://www.eternal-clash.com/startseite/) I don't know what is

(This was unpaid advertisement)

Top 8

Quarterfinal vs Miracle Controll 2-0 („again“)

Game 1: Turns out, the Dude that did not want to play against me played 2 main Deck Back to basics, which would have sucked, if it had not been for Candelabra. But I think it made a huge impact, that he mulled to 5 and only drew nothing but lands though.

Game 2: Lands drops, Expedition Map and Ancient Stirrings help me set up my Board. He puts away Emrakul with a clique twice. The second Time I got so angry, i pulled 23 Mana to my Manapool, got Emrakul with Eye of Ugin back and cast it anyway... nobody steals my Emrakul twice.

Semifinal vs Death and Taxes (Same as in Game 4) 2-0
    (He also wrote a report, go and read it :) http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Taxes/page492)

Game 1: Yeah, I guess Thalia and Mother of Runes don't do much against big colorless creatures. I went lucky on his draw and just won through having the bigger creatures (Conduit and TKS).

Game 2: Somehow I managed to win through Cataclysm again by generating life with Glimmerpost and then casting Ulamog for 9 + Spirit Guide :'D

Final vs Amin (Turbo Depths) 0-2:
    (He also wrote a report, go and read it :) https://www.mtg-forum.de/topic/15430...018/?p=1455312)

Game 1: I had two Cloudposts and a Thespian stage, so i was prepared for Depths. But then my brain decided to not work properly anymore and I used the stage to copy a Cloudpost for no good reason. Response Crop killed me.

Game 2: I copied his Depths activation second turn with Thespian's stage by exiling a Spirit Guide I just topdecked. He copies one of my forests with another Thespians stage and killed me by getting a Serji Steppe with crop rotation.

Ok, second Place with “nonsense” is fine I guess.

Final Words to the Performance of the Deck:
    I think there was a lot of luck and misplays involved, but maybe the Deck is worth a further inspection. But maybe it just was a good metacall, because Miracles and Czech Pile do not want to play against 12 Post

Final thoughts on the List:
    I did not playtest enough to say that much about it, except a few things:
    - Candelabra is literally (!!) Sol ring. I always wanted one in my Hand. To play four of them just felt pretty good.
    - The Mirror can be anything! A 20/20 Token or another Cloudpost your Mana goes into, when your opponent tries to hurt your feelings with Rishidan Port.
    - 4 Warping Wail also felt pretty right, it hurts Death and Taxes and... just is a good card in general
    - Ancient Stirrings is the new Dig Through time- no doubt. (https://www.cardmarket.com/de/Magic/...Is-So-Powerful)!
    - Although Maze of Ith did not do anything, while playtesting against my playgroup it felt pretty strong, especially when you copy them and have Candelabra against Decks like Maverick
    - I tried to focus more on consistency, thats why i ended up with so many Tutor-like cards. And i have to say, that it worked. I pretty consistently drew the stuff i needed, or found it through Eye, Stirrings, Map or Crop Rotation.

Final final Words of this Post:
    It was a great day, all my opponents were super chill people and I would hug all of them in their sleep, if that would not be so weird. The event is definitely worth attending and the organization that goes into it is always amazing to me. Give them a like on Facebook or something (https://www.facebook.com/EternalClash/)!

Apr 2016
    Germnay

Congrats. I'm aware of the tournament in Flensburg. I would come too but from Ruhrgebiet it's to far^^

4 Candelabra seems pretty much.
    Do you feel the Elvish Spirit Guides were important?

Aren't you afraid of Wasteland in the first game? That would make space in the Sideboard.
    Conduit of Ruin is interesting. 5/5 is a huge body but I don't think its necessary. you have only 2 targets for conduit and eye of ugin is probably enough tutor and a better one.

Is there a reason that you don't play any Fetchlands?

I like Warping Wail. It's so felxible but it hits not all creatures. Is it enough as removal against more aggressive decks?

What about Primeval Titan? A 6/6 Trample ramp dude. He is the biggest reason for the green splash (in my opinion).

I like your Sideboard. 3 Needle are necessary against Wasteland mostly but I would try to fit 1-2 in the Main and make space for other cards. More massremoval like All is Dust or an Ugin are nice additions.

Congrats. I'm aware of the tournament in Flensburg. I would come too but from Ruhrgebiet it's to far^^

4 Candelabra seems pretty much.
    I wish i could play even more :D 4 seems like the right amount to always have one and I really never had a Problem seeing a second one. It is basically a better Sol ring with two Cloudpost in play and even without, it can make more Eldrazi Mana with Temple.

Do you feel the Elvish Spirit Guides were important?
    Yep, it made so many games. Instant Crop without a Forest is pretty strong, because your opponent thinks you can't do anything and having extra mana to cast Conduit or TKS is pretty neat too. I try to use them pretty aggressively, as when the Deck works, you don't need them that often. First turn remove ESG, play Stirrings and then have a Cloudpost as your Landdrop is pretty good. Not having to waste a turn on dropping a Forest made so many games for me. Letting the opponent think you don't have enough mana with it also is a thing that happened. I think ESG is one of the core cards of that build and makes the deck play somewhat differently.

Aren't you afraid of Wasteland in the first game? That would make space in the Sideboard.
    Tempo is a bigger Problem than Wastelands i think. Pithing Needle costs time and resources to prevent something that costs your opponent time too. If Death and Taxes is setting itself behind because of Wastelands in the first turns, that is as problematic for him as it is for me in most cases. So before having dead Needles in my Hand against a Czech Pile, which tries to put out creatures as fast as possible against me, I'd rather move them to the sideboard.

Conduit of Ruin is interesting. 5/5 is a huge body but I don't think its necessary. you have only 2 targets for conduit and eye of ugin is probably enough tutor and a better one.
    Yep, the body isn't what makes the cut, the 2 mana are. It buys you time, against Decks with smaller creatures and also makes Ulamog so much more castable. Eye of Ugin is always a good option, but it also costs me a turn to put it onto the battlefield, when i could have a Cloudpost laying there instead. The fact that it puts the card on top sometimes is annoying though, but it protects from discard and with shuffle effects it makes for some good bluffs.

Is there a reason that you don't play any Fetchlands?
    Reddit told me to :D? Mostly fear of stifle, Blood Moon and making me shuffle away my on the top Ulamog with Wasteland on fetch. I am probably underestimating the power of deckthinning.

I like Warping Wail. It's so felxible but it hits not all creatures. Is it enough as removal against more aggressive decks?
    Hm what more aggressive Decks? DNT does not like it, the ability to bolt the bird is pretty good and in the worst cases, it produces a token to block and buy time, or to sacrifice into Ulamog or something. It gets rid of fast drops and discard. Worst thing it did for me was countering some cantrips against Miracles and even that did not feel terrible. The Deck is all about time management. Opponents who can't kill us fast enough, will lose.

I think I am repeating myself here but I want to say again, that I don't think you can disrupt the Deck very well, unless you have first turn Waste on Cloudpost and then get it removed by surgical Extraction. It is not like the Decks that have a really hard time rebuilding after their Combo was disrupted. Opponents are oftentimes hyperfocused on disruption, while I think they would do better just building up Tempo. A lot of lists i tried will lose after enough wasteland action, but due to the big amount of tutors and candles, it did never feel like Wasteland was that much of a threat if not in conjunction with a beater. After all, Glimmerpost or Swords also grant you some extra turns.

What about Primeval Titan? A 6/6 Trample ramp dude. He is the biggest reason for the green splash (in my opinion).
    Ugh, I hate wasting landdrops on forests. Most of the time i had one forest in play and tried to crop it as fast as possible. It does not profit from Eldrazi Temple either. I tried it in my list, but it would take pretty big changes to play this guy. Might be my list isn't as good as the best primeval builds, but it works for me so far and i don't miss Primetime :D

I like your Sideboard. 3 Needle are necessary against Wasteland mostly but I would try to fit 1-2 in the Main and make space for other cards. More massremoval like All is Dust or an Ugin are nice additions.
    I would like to have more stuff against decks with smaller creatures like Elves and Grixis, maybe a spatial contortion, but i think 1-2 more Ratched bombs would be pretty nice. Maybe i got lucky in all of my testing, but as stated before, Needle feels unnecessary in the main.

Nov 2013
    Dallas

DRS and PROBE BANNED, HURRAY

Thread Information