Page 176 of 338 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Dec 2013
    Europe

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    Call me old school but I still like Glen-Elendra Archmage as dedicated Omni hate. Krosan Grip too.
    I play a split of 2 Krosan Grip and 2 Seal of Primordium. GEA is way too expensive imo, since Omnitell often combos turn 3 :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Raystar View Post
    Not sure I like Tyrant but the play is legit: you play Tyrant on their S&T, they dig, you rotate for Karakas bouncing Omni...even if they get another S&T they are still having to deal with Karakas and another possible bounce from Tyrant...
    I think you miased what i m saying, often omni tell players sculp a pretry good hand and when you put tyrant of snt they put omni and them play emrakull, no dig or no other spell to pass pruority in betwwen

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestral View Post
    I think you miased what i m saying, often omni tell players sculp a pretry good hand and when you put tyrant of snt they put omni and them play emrakull, no dig or no other spell to pass pruority in betwwen
    Ok, they put Omnitell into play, you put Tidespout Tyrant into. They keep priority and hardcast Emrakul for zero mana. So you get priority, cast Crop Rotation. Tyrant triggers, you choose to bounce Omnitell. Crop Rotation resolves, you go for Karakas and bounce Emrakul. Sure they get an extra turn, but without a second Show and Tell in hand and no Omniscience in play: who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    Ok, they put Omnitell into play, you put Tidespout Tyrant into. They keep priority and hardcast Emrakul for zero mana. So you get priority, cast Crop Rotation. Tyrant triggers, you choose to bounce Omnitell. Crop Rotation resolves, you go for Karakas and bounce Emrakul. Sure they get an extra turn, but without a second Show and Tell in hand and no Omniscience in play: who cares?
    Sure i understand that is a possible cenario but having that and he doesnt have anything else its even unliclky! So my questiom is : tyrant has big impact in other matchups? Because run 3 for omni tell for a narrow case seems a bit bad just my thought.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

They can always 1st cast another omni of the 1st then your titan ist just nothing. You keep casting spells to bounce the omnis he still recasts. And when you are out of spells your dead. Also they can force your crop for karakas and your dead.

I think for this purpose playing cards like arcane laboratory is just better.

Dec 2013
    Europe

Ok, so there are people which don't like the Tyrant plan. I'm curious about your ideas how to fight Omnitell not only in theory, but in real life. ;-) Just hoping to be lucky enough to avoid the MU of perhaps the most played combo deck - at least in my area - isn't an option ;-)

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Arcane lab + krossan grip

Krossan grip + karakas (and pray he dosnt have a second omniscence)

[QUOTE=Postman;882995]Ok, so there are people which don't like the Tyrant plan. I'm curious about your ideas how to fight Omnitell not only in theory, but in real life. ;-) Just hoping to be lucky enough to avoid the MU of perhaps the most played combo deck - at least in my area - isn't an option ;-)[/QUO

I would overload counters to try stop show and tell and not beeing reative after that card resolve!.i have 4 flusters 4 force 1 arcane, and i think thats it. And have to pray too

Dec 2013
    Europe

Arcane lab shares the problem you mentioned above about the crop for Karakas : opponent could have a force. Krosan Grip is always in my Sideboard, but it doesn't help very much if opponent keeps priority

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    Arcane lab shares the problem you mentioned above about the crop for Karakas : opponent could have a force. Krosan Grip is always in my Sideboard, but it doesn't help very much if opponent keeps priority
    Arcane its more likk an aanti storm card but if you a drop it fromshow and tell they passe the turn so its already better. Bue fluster and force are more.reliable

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestral View Post
    Well, if you have kept a permanent with an ETB trigger to put on S&T, you will have priority before they get to abuse Omni.
    That's the better way to deal with Omni while playing krosan grip !

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Well, if you have kept a permanent with an ETB trigger to put on S&T, you will have priority before they get to abuse Omni.
    That's the better way to deal with Omni while playing krosan grip !
    Exactly, and there's usually >10 etb triggers (your triggers) in post. Add that to 4x Fluster, FOW, venser, glen eldendra, and co, you can create a strong game plan. Glen eldendra locks the game out, and is respectable off of SnT.

You can also swap BEB for Swan Song. Arcane lab, and Eye are cool too. Beating Omni is doable in post, and we did the last time it was top tier - it just takes massive warping.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Force and fluster are not really good due to omni playing boseiju and being able to combo as instant thatks to cunning and fireminds firesight.

Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    Force and fluster are not really good due to omni playing boseiju and being able to combo as instant thatks to cunning and fireminds firesight.
    Yes they aren't a 1 card answer to the archetype. Not all SB options function like Leyline of the Void does as a singular mull-to answer - it's got to be a team effort. FOW and Fluster are always welcome in my hand against any combo. To help bring the game to the additional hate pieces.

Jul 2013
    CT

I've still been jamming this:

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Vesuva
    1 Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Bajouka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm

3 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Trinket Mage
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant

4 Brainstorm
    3 Repeal
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Force of Will

3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Expedition Map
    1 Candelabra of Townos
    1 Engineered Explosives

1 Ponder
    3 Show and Tell

SB
    2 Swan Song
    4 Flusterstorm
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant
    2 Glen-Elendra Archmage
    1 Golgari Charm
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Krosan Grip

So many sweet lines in this deck when you have a llanowar elves effect. Lots of 'wide' SB effects in the MD which allows post SB games to have so many live cards.

Aug 2014
    PA

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    I've still been jamming this:

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Vesuva
    1 Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Bajouka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm

3 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Trinket Mage
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant

4 Brainstorm
    3 Repeal
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Force of Will

3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Expedition Map
    1 Candelabra of Townos
    1 Engineered Explosives

1 Ponder
    3 Show and Tell

SB
    2 Swan Song
    4 Flusterstorm
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant
    2 Glen-Elendra Archmage
    1 Golgari Charm
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Krosan Grip

So many sweet lines in this deck when you have a llanowar elves effect. Lots of 'wide' SB effects in the MD which allows post SB games to have so many live cards.
    That's not too deep into bug. How did that bug list do from a month or so back?

Jan 2014
    Prague

has anybody tried wild cards like jotun grunt , silent arbiter , embargo or defense of the heart ?

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    has anybody tried wild cards like jotun grunt , silent arbiter , embargo or defense of the heart ?
    Why don't you try to open up your trail of thought here instead of just spitting seemingly random cards out without any explanations whatsoever?
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    Why don't you try to open up your trail of thought here instead of just spitting seemingly random cards out without any explanations whatsoever?
    I'm thinking maybe Jotun Grunt is a nod toward some disruption and/or early blocking vs. their early threats. Defense of the Heart is probably a way to get the Eldrazi in play in a more creature-centric build.

On another note, I was watching SCG Worcester coverage wondering how this deck did in that event. It appears as if Rock Lee didn't make it to day 2 - I was curious how the new Standstill build would do in this metagame but maybe the field of Omnitell and Miracles was just a bit too hostile. I hope he keeps us up-to-date on how his new build fared.

Additionally, if any other 12posters were at SCG Worcester, could you guys give us a brief report on what you saw and how the deck performed for you?

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I'm thinking maybe Jotun Grunt is a nod toward some disruption and/or early blocking vs. their early threats. Defense of the Heart is probably a way to get the Eldrazi in play in a more creature-centric build.

On another note, I was watching SCG Worcester coverage wondering how this deck did in that event. It appears as if Rock Lee didn't make it to day 2 - I was curious how the new Standstill build would do in this metagame but maybe the field of Omnitell and Miracles was just a bit too hostile. I hope he keeps us up-to-date on how his new build fared.

Additionally, if any other 12posters were at SCG Worcester, could you guys give us a brief report on what you saw and how the deck performed for you?
    Played my mono green post. Went 1-5 then dropped, started and ended my day against burn. Round 1 game 3 I forgot my Chasm trigger and then natural ordered for primeval titan. Would have definitely won if I remembered to pay life And Keep it.

Round 2 vs storm was horrible. Pretty much a bye for him.

Round 3 against uwr stoneblade wasnt even a match, I just crushed Him.

Round 4 mistyped against gb depths. Completely forgot that crop rotation is a card they play, got killed sitting on lots of mana, Karakas and maze of Ith.

Round 5 against rug lands. I got greedy round 3, grabbed post instead of Savannah to drop sacred ground and proceeded to get locked out with wasteland.

Round 6 was burn, she had the best draw possible against me. Game 2 I was floating a Chasm, dropped natural order for titan, casted a titan then had to sac Chasm and she burned me to death before I could attack

Thread Information