Page 104 of 338 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

well, the moment's peace are pseudo explosives and are decent vs bug. I say decent, not great because DRS does often eat the 2nd half or Hymn eats the 1st half.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    well, the moment's peace are pseudo explosives and are decent vs bug. I say decent, not great because DRS does often eat the 2nd half or Hymn eats the 1st half.
    This is true. Also, decks that play hymn and wasteland are going to get free wins here and there. But if you Really test this matchup (and recognize that it doesn't play like any other daze deck) you can get comfortable with it. If it's well represented in your meta, instead of bringing on a whole additional color for PFire (though it's effective), you can put in a few on color cards which are great against bug, mainly GSZ, explosives, and Oracle of Mul-Daya(someone earlier in the thread dropped SnT for these). SnT has a very narrow window against BUG, and Candle is Narrow because it turns on decay. As such I side out up to all of them for EE and Some copies of flusterstorm. Flusterstorm might seem counter intuitive, but I've realized that stopping that t2 hymn or forcing a crop through in this MU decides the game. A lot of my friends play bug and this has even working without warping my deck. I'd consider mulling to SDT in this MU, it is that important.

Jan 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    Yeah, that the plan to beat them. punishing fire is really good and with him you only have to care about tarmos. Thats the reason I wuld love to include 2 explosives. But there is no card I wanna cut >.<
    Starting with your list I did -1 Crop Rotation, -1 Expedition Map, +2 Momentīs Peace. I prefer Momentīs Peace over EE since it stops any variety of creatures.

Btw, I think I bought 4 foil Obstinate Baloth from you.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

I like explosives more cause it gets rid of more cards like empty, counterbalance and so.

And yes, really possibe you did, I sold 4 last week, cause I upgraded mine of my modern decks to foil japanese :3

thanks

Jul 2008
    USA

What do you guys think about Eureka as the SnT replacement in the mono green version?

Mana cost: 2GG
    Types: Sorcery
    Card Text: Starting with you, each player may put a permanent card from his or her hand onto the battlefield. Repeat this process until no one puts a card onto the battlefield.

more expensive, more color restrictive and has no upside. if you put in a titan, there is rarely going to be a way you lose from that spot (barring decks that run emrakul/griselbrand/etc and you shouldnt be casting s&t vs them unless you got the soul read). eureka also has the downside of letting your opponents put in planeswalkers for free.

what do you guys sideboard in/out vs miracles? mainly curious if many of you keep S&T in as a "must counter" spell or sb it out.
    do you board out all crop rotations or keep 1 in?
    i noticed that games where you have no cloudpost (or way to get cloudpost) are usually losses.

Freedom is just as essential as air
    Jan 2013

what do you guys sideboard in/out vs miracles? mainly curious if many of you keep S&T in as a "must counter" spell or sb it out.
    i noticed that games where you have no cloudpost (or way to get cloudpost) are usually losses.
    Lately, Karn Liberated. Glen Elendra Archmage as well. And keep SnT in as a magnet+surprise Titan.

The no Cloudpost makes winning more difficult thing is because generally control decks have a difficult time dealing with decks that produce massive mana to cast massive anti-control creatures (which all the Eldrazi are in one form or another). If we can't produce that mana, then our overwhelming edge as a control deck with massive mana means that we have to win through a slog-fest, which while possible, is more difficult.
    Last edited by Mockingbird; 07-22-2014 at 08:19 AM.
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void, empty, and become wind."

Nov 2012
    Bologna, Italy

I usually keep S&T in, unless i've seen something weird in g1, like a maindeck Rest in Peace that could mean Helm of obedience combo. I usually cut Bojuka Bog (i'm never going to use a crop rotation to instant-fetch for it to contrast a Snapcaster Mage), Moment's Peace and try to shave some cc1 mana cards, like the mentioned Crop rotation, just in case they have the annoying Counterbalance lock early in the game. I bring in Fows and sometimes big sweepers like All is Dust. Please note that i run a singleton Cavern of Souls, which usually let you win the game even if you do not see any Cloudpost but "fair" lands only.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    I usually keep S&T in, unless i've seen something weird in g1, like a maindeck Rest in Peace that could mean Helm of obedience combo. I usually cut Bojuka Bog (i'm never going to use a crop rotation to instant-fetch for it to contrast a Snapcaster Mage), Moment's Peace and try to shave some cc1 mana cards, like the mentioned Crop rotation, just in case they have the annoying Counterbalance lock early in the game. I bring in Fows and sometimes big sweepers like All is Dust. Please note that i run a singleton Cavern of Souls, which usually let you win the game even if you do not see any Cloudpost but "fair" lands only.
    I have been cutting all the Crop rotations to hedge for not only CB lock but also not to get blown out by FoW. Obviously you can keep some hands that are devoid of action (only lands) and have a Crop rotation so you may not mind getting "blown out" by FoW if they have nothing going but it's a dangerous proposition.

I also run Cavern, but you have to either draw it, have top in play and find it or draw Expedition map and have it resolve. Otherwise, maybe keeping 1-2 Crop rotations may not be completely wrong in sideboarded games?

The games I lose to miracles (post-board) are of this variety only:

• I keep a 3 lander w/ Brainstorm or Top which finds me no more lands while they beat me down w/ Clique and FoW (and/or) CBTOP everything
    • I keep a no Cloudpost hand and do not draw a Cloudpost while they beat me down w/ CBTOP lock and Venser/Clique/FoW
    • I get killed by an early entreat (2-3 angels) while I sideboarded out my Glacial Chasm & Moment's Peace.

I've talked to a buddy who keeps Glacial chasm and Bog vs them as well as Crop rotation because he does not like sideboarding out lands. I take out Bog and Glacial chasm 100% of the time vs Miracles.
    I've tried keeping in Moment's peace but it's bad and does not do enough as they can often times counter it w/ CB or Venser.

The biggest problem in that matchup is Venser (w/ Karakas) followed by Clique. Venser is by far the biggest offender and the scariest card. If they got Venser + Karakas going, you are not going to win unless they make a mistake.

Nov 2012
    Bologna, Italy

I honestly never board out all crops neither Glacial Chasm, because their main way to win is as you said casting an early Entreat, and i like having some instant outs (i also run Engineered Explosives that can come in handy in these cases). Glacial Chasm is way harder to deal for them than Moment's Peace, because they usually have no ways/very few ways to get rid of it, so it gets the nod for me. Also, you can never know if they are on the Blood Moon/Back to Basics post-board plan, so crops stay here to tutor your basic lands and Vesuva to copy them.
    They will probably throw in Pithing Needles too, but you can be sure they will never call Top with them unless totally desperate, so if you are short in choosing what to cut i would consider removing a map, because you usually have plenty of time to find the lands you need and is a cc1 card that falls prey to Counterbalance lock.

Jan 2010
    Germany

I side the following vs Miracles:

-1 Bojuka Bog
    -4 Momentīs Peace (yes, I play 4 MB right now )
    -3 Crop Rotation

+4 Swan Song
    +4 FoW

Alongside 2 Venser maindeck, having 8 hardcounters for early Entreats postboard has been serving me well so far. I like keeping the Glacial Chasm as well for the reasons Davek mentioned.

Jul 2013
    CT

Miracles is no bye. Especially if you run into someone who can actually pilot control in legacy. By design, my sideboard hate is equally viable against Miracles as it is against combo:

4 Swan Song
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Blue Elemental Blast
    4 Force of Will
    1 Flusterstorm

Against Teir 1 Miracles (Entreat/Terminus/Flash Creatures):
    -4 Crop Rotation, -2 Moment's Peace, -2 Candelabra
    +2 Engineered Explosives, +2 Krosan Grip, +4 Force of Will

Teir 2 Gimmick Miracles (Helm, RIP, Enlightened Tutor, Blood Moon, Humility):
    -4 Crop Rotation, -2 Moment's Peace, -2 Candelabra, 1 Glacial Chasm, -3 Show and Tell, -1 Bog
    +2 Engineered Explosives, +2 Krosan Grip, +4 Force of Will, +4 Swan Song, +1 Pithing Needle

You can usually sniff out which angle they are pushing since game 1 lasts at least a few turns. I don't like siding out mana against long game control, and they usually cannot answer chasm, so lands stay. I like to cut 1 Cmcs, obviously crop. You don't really need candle speed, and 1 CMC is a liability. If they are really looking for Jace I might put a Needle in. SnT to get a Map into play has happened more than once, ha.
    Against the Teir 2, SnT is a liability, and avoiding their 'combo' kill and sideboard hate gives swan song the nod. Needle for helm. Their plan is a little more front loaded so bog can be cut.

On this plan, miracles feels well contained by a mixture of these two ends of the spectrum.

I have a question regarding the use of Force of Will in the sideboard. Whenever I played it I found that I didn't have blue cards to exile to Force of Will as early as I should have against decks like Combo and such (TES is pretty popular in my meta). Should I be keeping Show and Tell in the mainboard to maximize the number of blue cards in the deck or should I even be using them at all? For reference this is my sideboard, total number of blue cards that could theoretically be pitched to Force of Will is 16 and I am considering replacing Flusterstorm with them.

4 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Flusterstorm
    4 Swan Song
    2 Krosan grip
    1 Show and Tell

Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by 203995014 View Post
    I have a question regarding the use of Force of Will in the sideboard. Whenever I played it I found that I didn't have blue cards to exile to Force of Will as early as I should have against decks like Combo and such (TES is pretty popular in my meta). Should I be keeping Show and Tell in the mainboard to maximize the number of blue cards in the deck or should I even be using them at all? For reference this is my sideboard, total number of blue cards that could theoretically be pitched to Force of Will is 16 and I am considering replacing Flusterstorm with them.

4 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Flusterstorm
    4 Swan Song
    2 Krosan grip
    1 Show and Tell
    I don't mind SnT too much against TES, but in cases where you want SnT out and FOW in (sneak, reanimator), 16 is too low (my personal MD min is 19). As such, I have 3 more blue cards that round it out: Flusterstorm, BEB, and Venser. MbT can also fill that early interaction need, and casting it for 4 isn't even bad, doesn't need blue count..

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Any suggestions for a MonoG list that is especially tuned against Miracles? Since I'm aiming to use it against Miracle players in the Modo 2-man queue, I could pretty much disregard other match-ups.

Note that I want to keep it Monogreen for budget reasons, at least for now.

Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Any suggestions for a MonoG list that is especially tuned against Miracles? Since I'm aiming to use it against Miracle players in the Modo 2-man queue, I could pretty much disregard other match-ups.

Note that I want to keep it Monogreen for budget reasons, at least for now.
    You're already a huge favorite in the MU. If you wanted to get crazy go multiple cavern of souls, full set of grip in SB. Maybe o-stone, and maybe some low cost way to deal with early angels. But moments peace and chasm should be enough. I think you've already achieved your goal with the deck choice. But caution, mono green is pretty soft to a real legacy format.

I took the following to a weekly Legacy event and went 3-1. My only loss was due to personal stupidity.

7 Creatures
    4 Prime Time
    1 Emrakul
    1 Kozilek
    1 Ulamog

13 Instants
    3 Repeal
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Moment's Peace

5 Sorcerys
    3 Show and Tell
    2 Green Sun Zenith

10 Artifacts
    4 Top
    4 Needle
    2 Maps

25 Land
    4 UG Fetch
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Arbor
    8 Post
    2 Vesua
    1 Chasm
    1 Eye
    1 Karkas
    1 Bog
    Plus 4 others I can't recall

Overall I like how the deck performed, however I constantly felt like I was struggling to find threats hence why I included the GSZ. Even with them though I wasn't overly satisfied. I am contemplating truning Punishing Post as a way to increase the threat density of the deck. Any thoughts?

How are you playing this deck? There should be no reason you are having trouble finding a threat between brainstorms, tops, crop rotations, eye of ugin, maps, etc.
    What hands are you keeping?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    You're already a huge favorite in the MU. If you wanted to get crazy go multiple cavern of souls, full set of grip in SB. Maybe o-stone, and maybe some low cost way to deal with early angels. But moments peace and chasm should be enough. I think you've already achieved your goal with the deck choice. But caution, mono green is pretty soft to a real legacy format.
    This is a first, rough draw:

3 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Wooded Foothills
    4 Vesuva
    1 Cavern of Souls
    2 Windswept Heath
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Glacial Chasm
    2 Dryad Arbor

1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Expedition Map
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Oblivion Stone
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Moment's Peace
    2 Into the North
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 All Is Dust
    3 Pithing Needle

Any input how to tune this list better to maximize the Miracles match-up?

- How good is Needle in this match-up? It can block SDT (which would also disable our SDT) and Jace. Should they be Krosan Grips instead? Mind you, this is an Anti-Miracle-only build.

- All is Dust and Oblivion Ring are quite pricey ticket-wise. How good is each one in the Miracle match-up?

- How many Moment's Peace should I run in the mainboard against Miracles? I guess Glacial Chasm should be kept as well to deal with early Angels.

- Is Oracle worth it in this match-up or should I remove it for something else?

Edit: I guess Boseiju, Who Shelters All isn't too shabby in the Miracles match-up, either.
    Last edited by Barook; 07-26-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Thread Information