Page 129 of 338 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

I think this will be the surprise deck of GP New Jersey. It has all the tools to attack the current metagame from an unexpected angle. Few people will be prepared to fight this strategy as everyone will be focusing on preparing for Delver and Miracles.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    At eldrazi mana, looping kozilek and emrakul can give you infinite recycles of whatever removal you're playing, you just need to work a little harder.
    the issue is surviving until t4 or t5... obviously once you can cast emrakul / eldrazi the game is over. i don't think i've lost a game where i could cast emrakul... unless i didn't draw it or find eye of ugin.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Went 5-3 at SCG this weekend with this list:

Artifact (9)
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Expedition Map
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Engineered Explosives

Blue (15)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Repeal
    2 Show and Tell
    4 Treasure Cruise
    1 Trinket Mage

Colorless (2)
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

Green (7)
    3 Crop Rotation
    4 Primeval Titan

Lands (26)
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Island
    1 Karakas
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Tropical Island
    2 Vesuva

Sideboard (15)
    3 Blue Elemental Blast
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Force of Will
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Swan Song
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage

Beating Belcher, Infect, Affinity, Rug Delver, Sneak and Show

losing to: UR delver, Elves, Elves

Both the elves match ups were close. 1 mana off one game from dropping emmy ftw. UR delver was against Bertincheaty with some sketchy plays on his part leading to a 15 minute judge call and a warning for him.

I think I want to play O stone in the maindeck again, or maybe 2 moments peace somewhere in the 75.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Maagler View Post
    UR delver was against Bertincheaty with some sketchy plays on his part leading to a 15 minute judge call and a warning for him.
    I was wondering if that person posted here. I don't know if you're allowed to say anything about it, so if not you can just ignore it, but I was wondering if you could tell us more about what happened from your perspective. There was a thread on Reddit about it.

Also, as an aside to everyone: granted, don't do it without good cause, but if you suspect, as a player or spectator, that someone is cheating or that a situation is suspect (malicious or otherwise), you are allowed to stop the match until a judge can come and resolve the situation. Be polite, but direct.

EDIT: As a spectator, you cannot stop a match at Professional REL. You can at all other levels, though. You can, of course, request a judge at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    EDIT: As a spectator, you cannot stop a match at Professional REL. You can at all other levels, though. You can, of course, request a judge at any time.
    I believe that's not accurate. I believe as a spectator you can ask the players to pause and get a judge to their table if you see something that seems wrong/not keeping up gamestate/cheating.
    Maybe someone can confirm this?

^Only for Regular and Competitive. Professional REL forbids any outside contact including stopping the match. The only Professional REL Legacy events are the second days of the two Grand Prix each year.

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

I was wondering if that person posted here. I don't know if you're allowed to say anything about it, so if not you can just ignore it, but I was wondering if you could tell us more about what happened from your perspective. There was a thread on Reddit about it.
    Yeah I just read the thread. The whole situation was pretty fucked. Game 1 he had a pretty much unbeatable hand with double delver and double force for my repeal and EE which put me on a bad beats tilt for a the next game.

In the next game on the last turn he had a blood moon in play and tried casting a flurry of spells all within seconds without giving me any time to respond. at this point a judge who was standing behind us stopped the game and told us not to touch the board state. Immediately Alex started un-tapping his lands and returning cards to his hand, completely mixing up the board state. At this point the judge pulled me aside and started asking me questions about what was going on during that turn.

he had 1 island in play and a bunch of other lands but I couldn't remember all the spells that he had played that turn. So i recounted the spells that i remembered he played. the judge then pulled him aside and asked him some questions. In the end he got a warning for something, but I didnt really care at that point because he had already won the game, with enough dmg on the board.

today I read this : http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/com...heated_at_scg/

It essentially says that another player saw he used brainstorm as a recall and used a complicated board state as a distraction from putting two cards back. I have no way of verifying this, but he always seemed to have the timely force for all of my threats.

Makes me a little salty. Also makes me think that his first hand might not have been as honest either.

Nov 2012
    Bologna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Maagler View Post
    Yeah I just read the thread. The whole situation was pretty fucked. Game 1 he had a pretty much unbeatable hand with double delver and double force for my repeal and EE which put me on a bad beats tilt for a the next game.

In the next game on the last turn he had a blood moon in play and tried casting a flurry of spells all within seconds without giving me any time to respond. at this point a judge who was standing behind us stopped the game and told us not to touch the board state. Immediately Alex started un-tapping his lands and returning cards to his hand, completely mixing up the board state. At this point the judge pulled me aside and started asking me questions about what was going on during that turn.

he had 1 island in play and a bunch of other lands but I couldn't remember all the spells that he had played that turn. So i recounted the spells that i remembered he played. the judge then pulled him aside and asked him some questions. In the end he got a warning for something, but I didnt really care at that point because he had already won the game, with enough dmg on the board.

today I read this : http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/com...heated_at_scg/

It essentially says that another player saw he used brainstorm as a recall and used a complicated board state as a distraction from putting two cards back. I have no way of verifying this, but he always seemed to have the timely force for all of my threats.

Makes me a little salty. Also makes me think that his first hand might not have been as honest either.
    We root for you, Maagler. Living in Italy i've never had the occasion to play in the SCG circuit, but i can't understand why you players don't simply refuse to play the tournament when this guy is present. If a decent group of players sticks with this attitude i don't think Bertoncini's magic career can last long. The other option i'd honestly prefer is something more effective, but i suppose in our society it's not allowed to smash a cheater's face.

Aug 2014
    PA

\
    This was probably the key moment for this game. I play against my opponent during our weeklies from time to time. The fact that he brought in Needle at all made me suspect that Null Rod also came with it as he tends to board in artifact hate against me. I also know to anticipate Zur's Weirding, which is both one of my favorite cards ever and a card that has absolutely blown me out before. What I should have done, in hindsight, was crack just the Misty for an Island and then let the Needle resolve in the hopes that it would persuade him to name one of my artifacts (that I boarded out). Instead, I let the Needle resolve and he named Misty Rainforest.
    You cast pithing needle, it resolves, then the cards says "as pithing needle enters the battlefield" That's a trigger... you could have cracked misty in response to that trigger.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by PilotChick View Post
    You cast pithing needle, it resolves, then the cards says "as pithing needle enters the battlefield" That's a trigger... you could have cracked misty in response to that trigger.
    I'm afraid you are incorrect. That is not a trigger. Your last chance to respond is before the spell resolves, much like Cabal Therapy.

Aug 2014
    PA

I'm afraid you are incorrect. That is not a trigger. Your last chance to respond is before the spell resolves, much like Cabal Therapy.
    Then that gobblins player pulled a fast one on me. Can you explain the mechanics behind it please?

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Then that gobblins player pulled a fast one on me. Can you explain the mechanics behind it please?
    I'm not great at judge talk, so I'm sure someone can put it in technical terms better than I can, but I'll try to explain it anyway. It essentially functions like Vesuva or Clone: it comes into the battlefield with that characteristic. If you chose something to copy with it, Clone never enters the battlefield as Clone; it enters as whatever you copied, meaning it's entitled to whatever triggers would come off of that: so if your Clone copies, say, Palinchron, it enters the battlefield as Palinchron, meaning you untap up to seven lands.

So, when Pithing Needle resolves, it's already entering the battlefield with those characteristics (ie, the card named) on it.

Aug 2014
    PA

Hm. Thank you I'll have to ask the boys down at my local shop but that makes sense

Aug 2014
    PA

The difference is "as" and "when"
    When is triggered, as is simply stating the needle comes into play like that. Therefore it's not something that can be responded to...
    least that's what my judge friend told me.
    Just for anyone else who's still curious
    You're right though zot

Mar 2014
    Irvine, Ca

Also, even if it was triggered it wouldn't matter. If the ability to name something resolves its already too late. You dont name until resolution and no one gets priority during resolution. Only after. So, for example, cabal therapy: if you want to brainstorm you have to do it before they name the card. If you wait until you know what card they're naming it's too late.

Nov 2013
    Dallas

When, Whenever, and At are your trigger identifiers with the occasional intervening IF followed afterwards

Aug 2014
    PA

Never too late to go back to basics :-)

Yep, "when this comes into play" is a trigger; "as this comes into play" is not. Be sure to check oracle text on older cards, though, as some of them didn't use these phrasings when they were printed.

As a side note, any chance the thread title could be changed to "Turbo Eldrazi (a.k.a. 12-Post)"? A lot of people think of it as the latter, and it would make it easier for people familiar with the deck only by that name to find it, much like how the Canadian Threshold thread has "(a.k.a. RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh") to make it easier to find for people more familiar with those names.

"post ramp" or "post"

Aug 2014
    PA

I always called it "do nothing and then go get big scary monsters" just to mess with people.

Thread Information