Page 189 of 338 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Freedom is just as essential as air
    Jan 2013

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

So we got our first Battle for Zendikar spoiler today, and it's a new Eldrazi.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ing-2015-07-29

Oblivion Sower
    When you cast Oblivion Sower, target opponent exiles the top four cards of his or her library, then you may put any number of land cards that player owns from exile onto the battlefield under your control.
    5/8

First, hooray for the return of cast triggers. Second, Oblivion Sower steals ALL target opponent's exiled lands, which may mean that the running theme for Eldrazi may have shifted from field obliteration through annihilator to library obliteration.
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void, empty, and become wind."

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Oblivion Sower
    When you cast Oblivion Sower, target opponent exiles the top four cards of his or her library, then you may put any number of land cards that player owns from exile onto the battlefield under your control.
    5/8

First, hooray for the return of cast triggers. Second, Oblivion Sower steals ALL target opponent's exiled lands, which may mean that the running theme for Eldrazi may have shifted from field obliteration through annihilator to library obliteration.
    I'll be interested to see the legendary eldrazi cast triggers and if they keep annihilator or if they continue with something like this. I would love to see a legendary eldrazi with trample.

Oblivion Sower
    5/8

nice, but I don't think is usefull in 12post. It could be interesting to have on our control lands (fetches) that opponent put into exile thanks to dig, deathrite and similiar.....but I hope for better Eldrazi.
    A "colorless Iona", for example :D.

Players can't cast colored spells.
    7/7

this will be very nice and themed with the eldrazis' flavour

Oblivion Sower
    5/8

I don't see this guy making the cut (unless 12 Post becomes prevalent enough online to make him SB mirror tech, lol). I'm sad that annihilator is gone, but hopefully the new versions of Kozilek, Ulamog, and Emrakul will be playable. As a mythic, this guy seems underwhelming.

Oddly enough, what I'd really like to see out of BFZ isn't even more Eldrazi. It's more ETB lands to fill our toolbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    I don't see this guy making the cut (unless 12 Post becomes prevalent enough online to make him SB mirror tech, lol). I'm sad that annihilator is gone, but hopefully the new versions of Kozilek, Ulamog, and Emrakul will be playable. As a mythic, this guy seems underwhelming.

Oddly enough, what I'd really like to see out of BFZ isn't even more Eldrazi. It's more ETB lands to fill our toolbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My exact thoughts haha. It's really hard to imagine anything more over the top than Emrakul, but I said that about other creatures before...

I want more ETB's or better: a non-basic fetch land. This could be a great fall for Turbo Eldrazi!

Oblivion Sower
    5/8

Don't forget - this is also relevant against Delve cards like Tasigur, the Golden Fang, with which lands are usually the Delve fodder.

I thought the same, but in the opponent's graveyard there will be only fetches (or wasteland), it's not so useful to get some fetches that can't get forests.

Hitting a couple wastelands with it could be neat against some of the greedy mana bases. Could be enough to cripple them if we don't have needle up. Then again getting to six mana without needle on wasteland can be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    Then again getting to six mana without needle on wasteland can be tough.
    ^this

I've been doing a bit of testing with Animist's Awakening in monogreen. It's still too early to really tell whether the card actually deserves a slot over Exploration (or something else), but it's been pretty solid so far. One key thing that I've noticed is just how critical spell mastery is.

Between Crop Rotation and Ancient Stirrings, spell mastery isn't awful to turn on (although the instant/sorcery count is too low to be truly reliable). And when it's on, Animist's Awakening is incredibly powerful. Most importantly, it's effectively a free spell when you hit a Post or two, and can sometimes even straight-up net you mana immediately. I will definitely continue testing with this card.
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

let's just hope that the 12 post / turbo eldrazi gets new playable cards with BFZ! Although i bet my candelabra that We're all going to be disappointed. Wizards seems intent on pumping out crap cards in recent releases... i have a full box of cards from recent sets that i'm thinking of just giving out to the needy mtg players...
    anyway I stopped all my purchases until we see what’s in this (hopefully) not crappy set.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Have been messing with a revamp on an old build. The card spread is still pretty wildly variant. I want to fit at least one, if not two candelabras into this build. Also a mid range eldrazi is probably merited with the candelabra addition.

// Lands
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    2 [FUT] Tolaria West
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [LG] Karakas
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    2 [A] Island (1)
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 [TSP] Vesuva

// Creatures
    3 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Spells
    3 [M10] Hive Mind
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [FUT] Pact of Negation
    3 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    2 [MMA] Summoner's Pact
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
    4 [TSP] Trickbind
    2 [SC] Stifle

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    SB: 2 [DS] Trinisphere
    SB: 2 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    SB: 2 [MMA] Engineered Explosives

Apr 2008

Went undefeated in 5 rounds with this week's legacy local. Super mvp was Trickbind. Matchups of reanimator, aggro loam, and elves /w shaman of the pack which have been ugly until trickbind were handled today with "relative" ease. Best trickbinds were a chalice @ 1 trigger and a cumulative upkeep trigger.

// Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    2 [OD] Island (4)
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [RLM] Vesuva
    1 [ON] Flooded Strand

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

// Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    2 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
    3 [TSP] Trickbind
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    2 [TSP] Wipe Away
    2 [FRF] Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 [SOM] Platinum Emperion
    SB: 2 [U] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    Last edited by Rock Lee; 08-12-2015 at 02:13 AM.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Went undefeated in 5 rounds with this week's legacy local. Super mvp was Trickbind. Matchups of reanimator, aggro loam, and elves /w shaman of the pack which have been ugly until trickbind were handled today with "relative" ease. Best trickbinds were a chalice @ 1 trigger and a cumulative upkeep trigger.

// Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    2 [OD] Island (4)
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [RLM] Vesuva
    1 [ON] Flooded Strand

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    4 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [TSP] Trickbind
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    2 [TSP] Wipe Away

// Sideboard
    Sweet list, I've been loving Stifle quite a bit too. The effect is great beyond wasteland (similar to needle). Note worthy is the SB trinisphere, I side that in vs almost everything and it totally wins games out of nowhere!

RIP repeal </3

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Does this mean no more miracles for Rock Lee? I'm just itching to sleeve up my favorite legacy deck again (being this one!).
    I mean miracles is the largest part of the metagame. I just always seem to run into Storm or Omnitell these days. Those matchups are still abysmal right?

Repeal has just been upgraded to wipe away.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    Does this mean no more miracles for Rock Lee? I'm just itching to sleeve up my favorite legacy deck again (being this one!).
    I mean miracles is the largest part of the metagame. I just always seem to run into Storm or Omnitell these days. Those matchups are still abysmal right?

Trickbind and Wipe Away are both direct reactions to storm and omni. Both cards give you a fighting chance and then some.

Floating a Trickbind with top game 1 is almost always game over for storm. Wipe away on a land vs Infernal Tutor almost always screws their plan hard, which compliments the crop rotation for Bojuka Bog plan.

Trickbind on Emrakul extra turn when you've put in an eldrazi is often game over for Omni. Putting in a Primeval Titan is even better of course. Worst case, Omni will always give you a free land via Show & Tell for the 3rd mana on Wipe away, so then mana fixing is the only concern.

Miracles is a great deck, but key approaches (dealing with miracle trigger) and cards in the format (Krosan Grip) completely destroy it, thus leading to its newer iterations of Monastary mentor.deck.

// Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    2 [OD] Island (4)
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [RLM] Vesuva
    1 [ON] Flooded Strand

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    4 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [TSP] Trickbind
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    2 [TSP] Wipe Away

// Sideboard
    List looks awesome except versus Delver or Burn. How is the Delver match up without Repeal and Moment's Peace?

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post

I always found the most abysmal match up was Burn. You could float flusterstorm with Top to beat Storm and like Rock Lee said Trickbind can beat Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    Sweet list, I've been loving Stifle quite a bit too. The effect is great beyond wasteland (similar to needle). Note worthy is the SB trinisphere, I side that in vs almost everything and it totally wins games out of nowhere!

RIP repeal </3
    I'm still pretty stuck on this list. Amethyst seems to be the flex slot. I don't mind running it mainboard, storm and omni being big problems. Somewhat useful against control. I've tried map, daze, exploration, needle in its place. It would probably benefit from 1 more Tropical/fetch/forest, but its close. Usually I mulligan to colored mana with land protection, or fetchland to buy a couple turns if need.

Candelabra 3x
    Sensei 3x
    Thorn of Amethyst 4x

Emrakul
    Koz
    Ulamog
    Primeval Titan 4x

Brainstorm 4x
    Force 4x
    Stifle 4x
    Crop 3x

4 Cloud
    4 Glimmer
    4 Vesuva
    Bog
    Karakas
    Tabernacle
    Glacial
    Eye of Ugin
    2 Island
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta

1x Ugin the Spirit Dragon

Sideboard
    4x Surgical
    4x Misdirection

7 - undecided

Quote Originally Posted by Ponders View Post
    I'm still pretty stuck on this list. Amethyst seems to be the flex slot. I don't mind running it mainboard, storm and omni being big problems. Somewhat useful against control. I've tried map, daze, exploration, needle in its place. It would probably benefit from 1 more Tropical/fetch/forest, but its close. Usually I mulligan to colored mana with land protection, or fetchland to buy a couple turns if need.

Candelabra 3x
    Sensei 3x
    Thorn of Amethyst 4x

Emrakul
    Koz
    Ulamog
    Primeval Titan 4x

Brainstorm 4x
    Force 4x
    Stifle 4x
    Crop 3x

4 Cloud
    4 Glimmer
    4 Vesuva
    Bog
    Karakas
    Tabernacle
    Glacial
    Eye of Ugin
    2 Island
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta

1x Ugin the Spirit Dragon

Sideboard
    4x Surgical
    4x Misdirection

7 - undecided
    why thorn and not sphere of resistance? the difference is minimal to you, but you'll have better matchup vs goblin, elves, D&T, merfolks and so on.

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I always found the most abysmal match up was Burn. You could float flusterstorm with Top to beat Storm and like Rock Lee said Trickbind can beat Omni.
    Agreed. I've beat it a few times, usually at 1-5 life. Other times, I've taken 24 from price into price. LoL.

Thread Information