Page 194 of 338 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Angel Emrakul was actually Iona, Shield of Emeria.

Makes me wonder about the other two titans.
    If I remember the lore correctly, the merfolks had gods Emeria, Cosi and Ula based on the faded memories of the Eldrazi. Its possible that its Iona, but could also be someone we havent met yet

Quote Originally Posted by civet five View Post
    If I remember the lore correctly, the merfolks had gods Emeria, Cosi and Ula based on the faded memories of the Eldrazi. Its possible that its Iona, but could also be someone we havent met yet
    Iona = Emrakul
    Lorthos = Ulamog
    Kalitas = Kozilek

That's how they seem to map onto the Titanic Statues.

Edit: alternatively, it could be the humanoid forms of Nahiri, Ugin and Sorin.

So ive been playing solidarity for some time now but i started to stray toward 12 post and now im looking at lists and i have to ask Why the blue and what list in mono green is the most competitive

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal779 View Post
    So ive been playing solidarity for some time now but i started to stray toward 12 post and now im looking at lists and i have to ask Why the blue and what list in mono green is the most competitive
    If you are new, it's only fair to request you to read the primer first and then ask questions if something comes up. You'll learn a lot.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post
    Oh man... yes exactly this! why not emperion? the ugin plan screws our SnT plan – badly (I feel bad every time I see those 2 together…) ! why run ugin when we can just power SnT with emperion?? SnT titan is (if resolved) one of our strongest plays right? I think I’m leaning towards something similar at this point….
    Hey sorry I'm a little late ive been busy. This was my deck from eternal weekend, the deck worked wonders, and if you guys have any questions about the list or w/e just let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    You definitely need to bend over backward to include FOW, but I think it is important to have. Below is my list. FOW is card disadvantage, but trinkets and improved card selection can recover that loss. A lot of our 'bad' MUs like MUD, Big Red, Elves really hate FOW. Also, remember that SnT is bad in only one (common) matchup: Omni. So being able to use FOW offensively on SnT plan, like Sneak used to, increases the potency immensely. My list has been very good against Omni, K-Grip is very key. Might even need a wasteland to hedge against bosejiu, but probably not worth the slot.

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Vesuva
    2 Island
    1 Forest
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Scalding Tarn
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Bajouka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm

2 Trinket Mage
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Brainstorm
    3 Crop Rotation
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Force of Will

4 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Expedition Map
    1 Candelabra of Townos
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Engineered Explosives

2 Ponder
    3 Show and Tell

SB
    1 Glen-Elendra Archmage
    4 Flusterstorm
    4 Krosan Grip
    1 Chalice of the Void
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Trinisphere
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

For a heavy wasteland and Omni meta. If I wasn't in a wasteland heavy meta, it'd be +1 Candle +1 Vesuva, -1 Island -1 Needle.
    Tim/Modern thanks dudes for the intel.
    I like the double trinket plan (i like any plan with 1 candelabra:). anyways why not run a copy or 2 of DDT to recover from FOW card disadvantage? they fill our graveyard nicely right? furthermore why are you not running repeal? you could always do the dirty ol' repeal + SDT trick to get some cards right, why ponder?
    Last edited by MechTactical; 08-31-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris80rowland View Post
    Hey sorry I'm a little late ive been busy. This was my deck from eternal weekend, the deck worked wonders, and if you guys have any questions about the list or w/e just let me know...
    It would be awesome if you shared a little report with us! How was your final result? What decks did you defeat, and what decks defeated you?

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Tim/Modern thanks dudes for the intel.
    I like the double trinket plan (i like any plan with 1 candelabra:). anyways why not run a copy or 2 of DDT to recover from FOW card disadvantage? they fill our graveyard nicely right? furthermore why are you not running repeal? you could always do the dirty ol' repeal + SDT trick to get some cards right, why ponder?
    Repeal's stock has fallen with the decline of Tarmogoyf, swiftspear, and SFM. It remains the best answer to delver, but now that the most common delver deck has wider (pyromancer and its tokens), and bigger CMC (angler, tasigur) threats, it isn't something to lean on. Further, it's lackluster in the true tough MUs elves, omni, MUD. If the meta returns to RUG and Stoneblade, they'll come back. But trinket blocker and into EE is some great defense. As is Tabernacle. I do miss the top shenanigans, but my list is a little more front loaded.

I choose Ponder because of the shuffle effect. Many losses in post can be blamed on anemic card selection, and the shuffle is huge. Also, with the my blue requirement, they serve as blue map replacements: shuffle effects which help hit early land drops. The late game search functionality is covered by trinkets for the single map. I do like DTT, but the double blue was restrictive, and it only ever got pitched to FOW. The single one I used to play became a trinket Mage.

Also, I will probably run the new Ulamog. 10 CMC is a huge improvement from 11, as far as post drop sequence is concerned. The trigger is absolutely fantastic(and it's basically annihilator2 haste). I am less worried about annihilator, because the annihilator 4 eldrazi's never ended the game upon resolution anyway. They too took 2-3 turns to close the game,If they ever closed the game, which for me was rare. It'll work similarly to Kozilek: cheap eldrazi when I can't afford emrakul, get amazing trigger, force opponent to answer, proceed to emrakul. I wonder how crazy the others will get, but I can't imagine Emrakul, the Aeons Torn being replaced in our current game plan.

Repeal's stock has fallen with the decline of Tarmogoyf, swiftspear, and SFM. It remains the best answer to delver, but now that the most common delver deck has wider (pyromancer and its tokens), and bigger CMC (angler, tasigur) threats, it isn't something to lean on. Further, it's lackluster in the true tough MUs elves, omni, MUD. If the meta returns to RUG and Stoneblade, they'll come back. But trinket blocker and into EE is some great defense. As is Tabernacle. I do miss the top shenanigans, but my list is a little more front loaded.

I choose Ponder because of the shuffle effect. Many losses in post can be blamed on anemic card selection, and the shuffle is huge. Also, with the my blue requirement, they serve as blue map replacements: shuffle effects which help hit early land drops. The late game search functionality is covered by trinkets for the single map. I do like DTT, but the double blue was restrictive, and it only ever got pitched to FOW. The single one I used to play became a trinket Mage.

Also, I will probably run the new Ulamog. 10 CMC is a huge improvement from 11, as far as post drop sequence is concerned. The trigger is absolutely fantastic(and it's basically annihilator2 haste). I am less worried about annihilator, because the annihilator 4 eldrazi's never ended the game upon resolution anyway. They too took 2-3 turns to close the game,If they ever closed the game, which for me was rare. It'll work similarly to Kozilek: cheap eldrazi when I can't afford emrakul, get amazing trigger, force opponent to answer, proceed to emrakul. I wonder how crazy the others will get, but I can't imagine Emrakul, the Aeons Torn being replaced in our current game plan.
    Only Ulamog on Zendikar right now - Emmy and Kozi left for New Phyrexia (because ofc they would).

But yeah, this Ula is arguably better, in terms of finishing the game, than his original version.

Aug 2015
    Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by chris80rowland View Post
    Grats on the finish! I've got a couple of questions.
    1. What brought you to play 3 MB Emperions? That seems so totally crazy to me, but they must have done work to get you that far.
    2. How was the MB Swan Song? Did it feel better than a Flusterstorm?
    3. You have Bojuka Bog in the sideboard. Did you play against reanimator at all? Did you miss it? Bog is such a trump game 1 in some bad matchups, I can't imagine taking it out of the main.
    4. How often did slamming Show and Tell not work? Is it just bad against Omni? Card is pretty sick
    5. How long have you been playing this white splash? Care to comment on some of your white sideboard choices? I'm most interested about the Sacred Ground.
    6. Repeal is looking worse and worse in this format. What are your opinions on its continued inclusion.
    7. Bouncing Venser with Karakas is sick, but 2UU is hard in U/G and I imagine very difficult with the white splash. How did you do casting this sweet wizard?

That's all I can think of. Again, congratulations!
    Some Fear the Dead

Tim thanks man.

Let’s ask some more questions…

I’m lacking flusterstorms/tabernacle what can I use to replace them?
    What exactly is the purpose of the single glen in the side?
    Why no relic?
    Do you see yourself running emperion?
    How is your burn match up? Any tips?
    What are the chances of dropping the last map, do you often need it?

I’m digging your list and have acquired EE and Spell price which I was missing, but am not willing to get fluster / tabernacle as my girlfriend will surely kill me in my sleep…. Any suggestion how to keep my head and find a suitable replacement cards for these slots?

I agree with you about the new ulamog. At first glance he didn’t seem to be all that good, but you are right the cost/cast trigger are much much better. I’m feeling sorry for the ulamog in my binder

She stepped back to see it better. Engraved behind and around the relief was another figure.

"Kozilek?" she said. "What—"

But it wasn't the Eldrazi titan—at least not exactly. In its overall outline, the figure could have been Kozilek, but the features were those of a male kor wearing a strange geometric crown that mimicked the bizarre obsidian plates that hovered over the titan's alien form. The kor's arms were spread wide, above the stone Nahiri's, and each hand gripped the hilt of a sword whose broad blade extended back along his forearm to the elbow, suggesting the Eldrazi's bifurcated limbs.

Above the male figure's head, an arcing banner proclaimed the subject of the artwork: "Nahiri the Prophet, Voice of Talib."
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ber-2015-05-13

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Iona = Emrakul
    Lorthos = Ulamog
    Kalitas = Kozilek

That's how they seem to map onto the Titanic Statues.

Edit: alternatively, it could be the humanoid forms of Nahiri, Ugin and Sorin.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Tim thanks man.

Let’s ask some more questions…

I’m lacking flusterstorms/tabernacle what can I use to replace them?
    What exactly is the purpose of the single glen in the side?
    Why no relic?
    Do you see yourself running emperion?
    How is your burn match up? Any tips?
    What are the chances of dropping the last map, do you often need it?

I’m digging your list and have acquired EE and Spell price which I was missing, but am not willing to get fluster / tabernacle as my girlfriend will surely kill me in my sleep…. Any suggestion how to keep my head and find a suitable replacement cards for these slots?

I agree with you about the new ulamog. At first glance he didn’t seem to be all that good, but you are right the cost/cast trigger are much much better. I’m feeling sorry for the ulamog in my binder
    The tabernacle is less important than the flusterstorms. It can be another EE, Oblivion Stone, or Elephant Grass. Flusterstorms are very good, but swan song is a decent replacement - especially if blood moon is around in your meta. I generally make my side plans consist of early counters (flusterstorm, Pierce, FOW) to buy time for landing a hateful permanent (Glen, Trinisphere, Or Trinket into EE, Chalice, Needle, Cage - which are effectively 3ofs.) Glen Elendra is absolutely brutal against Combo, and decent off of show and tell, plus she's a clock. I prefer her over Venser, mostly because i can't seem to get double blue with the lines I like to take. Highly recommended. Venser is also fine. The key is to not rely only on a few counters.

I don't see myself running emperion, I think counterspells and a Titan-centric approach cover his effect well. Though it is strong.

I actually feel that 1 map is criminally low. Barely justified by 2 trinkets making it searchable, and ponders. It was the area most harmed by FOW blue count. The colorless mana fixing is very good. But most of all its game ending search for cavern or eye is too good to pass up. I want to get 2 in with 2 trinkets.

Relic is definitely good in the Meta, but I like to 'push' Titan, and very often I get bog to do the job of fighting delve.

The burn MU is well covered in this thread, and generally a very positive matchup for UG, but there are some easy mistakes most people make. What I do is only care about PoP, and go about my business. Ideally assembling SnT Titan. The thing is, if they can reach back over you, you must get chasm. Chasm is key. If you can't get Titan early, limp along on GP life and HOLD crop for chasm. This plan becomes much easier with the high counterspells count I have, and flusterstorm is a great weapon here, where Swan song is not. The key is to never leave yourself exposed to Price, ever. Then you can break the game open with uncontrollable life gain, or Eldrazi. I also bring in Kgrip for Eidolon and Vortex, which aren't game over, but must be respected. If you plan on seeing it, bring BEBs!

The tabernacle is less important than the flusterstorms. It can be another EE, Oblivion Stone, or Elephant Grass. Flusterstorms are very good, but swan song is a decent replacement - especially if blood moon is around in your meta. I generally make my side plans consist of early counters (flusterstorm, Pierce, FOW) to buy time for landing a hateful permanent (Glen, Trinisphere, Or Trinket into EE, Chalice, Needle, Cage - which are effectively 3ofs.) Glen Elendra is absolutely brutal against Combo, and decent off of show and tell, plus she's a clock. I prefer her over Venser, mostly because i can't seem to get double blue with the lines I like to take. Highly recommended. Venser is also fine. The key is to not rely only on a few counters.

I don't see myself running emperion, I think counterspells and a Titan-centric approach cover his effect well. Though it is strong.

I actually feel that 1 map is criminally low. Barely justified by 2 trinkets making it searchable, and ponders. It was the area most harmed by FOW blue count. The colorless mana fixing is very good. But most of all its game ending search for cavern or eye is too good to pass up. I want to get 2 in with 2 trinkets.

Relic is definitely good in the Meta, but I like to 'push' Titan, and very often I get bog to do the job of fighting delve.

The burn MU is well covered in this thread, and generally a very positive matchup for UG, but there are some easy mistakes most people make. What I do is only care about PoP, and go about my business. Ideally assembling SnT Titan. The thing is, if they can reach back over you, you must get chasm. Chasm is key. If you can't get Titan early, limp along on GP life and HOLD crop for chasm. This plan becomes much easier with the high counterspells count I have, and flusterstorm is a great weapon here, where Swan song is not. The key is to never leave yourself exposed to Price, ever. Then you can break the game open with uncontrollable life gain, or Eldrazi. I also bring in Kgrip for Eidolon and Vortex, which aren't game over, but must be respected. If you plan on seeing it, bring BEBs!
    Okay great! eventually i will probably get fluster, but i have to wait for the dust to settle. i recently bought the entire deck with many sideboard / tweaking options, which set me back quite a bit and not everyone can understand spending that much on cards (you know how it is…). I was thinking of swan song, which i already have in the sideboard. I was asking about the burn matchup as i got burned badly yesterday. I'm guessing that my inexperience did contribute to this and that I will get to handle this match up in the future. Oh and yes Venser “sucks” here. I just can’t cast him most of the time, it’s frustrating. I’ll switch to glen as advised…

Thanks for the insights!

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Tim's insight is great as usual, but I feel he did not emphasize one particular point enough regarding the Burn matchup, so I'm going to do it:

If you can't get Titan early, limp along on GP life and HOLD crop for chasm.
    Short of having spells to kill you twice over - in which case you just ask RNGesus why he hast forsaken you - Burn can't do much about green source + Crop Rotation. In this way, you can control both how much damage you take, and perhaps more importantly, when you take said damage. In a GPTrial last year, I baited out a Fireblast by allowing a Price of Progress to bring me down to 4 life. My opponent sacrificed his only two mountains to go for the finisher, and I won the game shortly after with a Titan. As long as Glacial Chasm doesn't end up in your hand, green source + Crop Rotation can buy you enough turns to eventually do what you need to do.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Elves has become such unwinnable match up now that they play Shaman of the Pack.

I used to be that we could drop Chasm, sit back and assemble the Eldrazi. Now, they "go off" and keep playing and replaying SotP. My only answer so far is Sphere of Resistance / Trinisphere. Anyone has tested other cards?

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Lately I have been playing tabernacle md and chasm sb.
    Its usualy better to choke their mana and againat mentor and pyromancer.
    Just also is good vs elves^^

Candelabra 3x
    Sensei 3x

Emrakul
    Koz
    Ulamog
    Primeval Titan 4x
    Tidespout Tyrant ** /(new Ula)

Brainstorm 4x
    Force 4x
    Stifle 4x
    Crop 3x

Show and Tell 3x **

4 Cloud
    4 Glimmer
    4 Vesuva
    Bog
    Karakas
    Tabernacle
    Glacial
    Eye of Ugin
    2 Island
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta

1x Ugin the Spirit Dragon

Sideboard
    4x Surgical
    4x Misdirection - Vs Shardless, Pox. Ancestral target.
    4x BEB
    3x Sphere of Resistance ?

Sideboard probably switches out for snt and tyrant unless its against red.

Just trying it out.
    Show and tell for speed.
    Tidespout Tyrant because the card is horrid and I run a lot of instants. At 8 mana its almost cast-able.
    Last edited by Ponders; 09-02-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko448 View Post
    Grats on the finish! I've got a couple of questions.
    1. What brought you to play 3 MB Emperions? That seems so totally crazy to me, but they must have done work to get you that far.
    2. How was the MB Swan Song? Did it feel better than a Flusterstorm?
    3. You have Bojuka Bog in the sideboard. Did you play against reanimator at all? Did you miss it? Bog is such a trump game 1 in some bad matchups, I can't imagine taking it out of the main.
    4. How often did slamming Show and Tell not work? Is it just bad against Omni? Card is pretty sick
    5. How long have you been playing this white splash? Care to comment on some of your white sideboard choices? I'm most interested about the Sacred Ground.
    6. Repeal is looking worse and worse in this format. What are your opinions on its continued inclusion.
    7. Bouncing Venser with Karakas is sick, but 2UU is hard in U/G and I imagine very difficult with the white splash. How did you do casting this sweet wizard?

That's all I can think of. Again, congratulations!
    Great questions! I have the same doubts, and I want to add some comments to your questions:
    1)You already have terminus against creatures-based decks, do you really need THREE emperion? Let's see the most played decks: miracle, omnitell, grixis. Against the first is useless (terminus and swords to plowshares), against omnitell also, and versus grixis you have 4 terminus. Don't you think is better change at least 2 emperion for some classical creatures like wurmcoil, kozilek, or omnitell hate? Wurmcoil is generelly usefull, can be hardcasted easily and it's much better then emperion against liliana.
    2) I really like the sinergy between swan song and terminus (and also emperion in fact). But mainbord, didn't you miss the opportunity to counter planeswalker or artifact? I think swan song is a good replacement for flusterstorm, but not for spell pierce.
    3)Tabernacle and chasm are not necessary in this configuration, but bojuka can really save you against some ultrafast deck, and if your opponent's graveyard is filling quickly, can prevent a DTT. I'd remove a cavern for 1 bojuka.
    4)I think you won a lot of game with S&T, isn't it? Nothing to say, great card against everything but omnitell. Personally I prefer an "honest" hardcasting :D, but I know the strenght of S&T. Against omnitell also ramping is quite difficult, 'cause it wins easily before we can drop some big ones.
    5)I love sacred ground: in some matchups our cloudposts must not see the graveyard, an Extirpate can really hurt. Also for this reason, why not Rest in Peace? or BEB? What's in general your favorite cards to name for meddling mage?
    6)I like repeal for its trick with sensei, and sometimes can slow down your opponent. But I think 3 is a waste for this meta....if you really like it, I'd go for 2 repeal and 1 Cyclonic Rift, that's another win condition.
    7)I think Venser is put here only against Omnitell and I agree, it's a great card against it. I prefer trinisphere, if you put it on the battlefield thanks to oppo's S&T, there is NOTHING he can do. With "comes in to play" effects the opponent can wish to trickbind....

Aug 2015
    Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    5)I love sacred ground: in some matchups our cloudposts must not see the graveyard, an Extirpate can really hurt. Also for this reason, why not Rest in Peace? or BEB? What's in general your favorite cards to name for meddling mage?
    Sacred Ground will unfortunately not save you from extirpate and its ilk, since Sacred Ground uses a triggered ability instead of a replacement effect, so the land will spend a priority swap in the graveyard. (e.g. Surgical Extraction on Emrakul)
    Some Fear the Dead

Thread Information