Page 233 of 338 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    I could see swapping ulamog and kozilek for x2 platinum emperion if you are anticipating burn over other problems. I might consider it myself with me testing more of the though-knot seer, since most decks only have 1-2 ways of dealing with platinum emperion, so extra draws don't matter if you clear the right card.
    That's all true. I did notice show and tell into Emperion is a clear cut answer to elves, storm, burn, ur delver, all in cases where getting a non triggered eldrazi would have done nothing. It feels like show and tell builds need Emperion for immediate impact. Combining it with thought knot seer is really interesting though.

Don't you miss Needle?

Poisonous Foogoofiish
    Feb 2006
    Germany

I could see swapping ulamog and kozilek for x2 platinum emperion if you are anticipating burn over other problems. I might consider it myself with me testing more of the though-knot seer, since most decks only have 1-2 ways of dealing with platinum emperion, so extra draws don't matter if you clear the right card.
    Ulamogs role is pretty similar to Ugin, so I could see to swap Ulamog for Platinum, which also increases the power of Show and Tell and might make the 4th copy viable in your build. Anyway strong innovation to run AS in an Ug build, as it acts as a stronger Ponder or should be compared to it at least. Also if some of you play Trinket Mage, you should consider to run AS instead. It is not an direct tutor, but digs pretty deep and can catch more things.
    BBB

I disagree that the below list doesn't count as Turbo Eldrazi. It uses cloud post mana and cost reducers to turbo out massive Eldrazi.

As the OP stated: "The core:
    4 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Because this core constitutes a good chunk of your manabase it leaves the remainder of the deck up for considerable variation."

The below list plays the same core cards to achieve the same end goal. I think this is the optimal direction the deck should take given the fantastic new Eldrazi that were printed in Oath. When ridiculously powerful cards like Seer and Smasher get printed, even the best decks should evolve to take advantage of new powerful cards.

4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Crystal Vein
    2 Vesuva

4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Kozilek's Channeler
    4 Conduit of Ruin

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere

2 Endbringer
    1 Eldrazi Mimic
    1 Ulamog's Crusher
    1 Void Winnower
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

I am everybit as confident in my recommendation of Endless One as I was when I recommended Conduit of Ruin. It's done an amazing job smoothing out the curve and gives the deck both a way to stabilize early against fast aggro and yet another game winning bomb against control in the late game.

I've been much happier with Kozilek's Channeler than I was with any of the artifact mana generators I've tried. It's cost is reduced by Eye of Ugin, Eldrazi Temple and Conduit of Ruin and it comes with a solid 4/4 body and reusability. It lets you sac Crystal Vein or cast City of Traitors early without having to constrain yourself in terms of mana and enables casting the big Eldrazi that you tutor up with Conduit. It lets you cast bigger Endless One and fuels massive Mimic attacks. It also allowed me to go back down to 26 land.

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

@Cptn. Hammer, I think their point though is that you might not find as many people in this thread as interested in the deck as you would in the thread that is more dedicated to this type of build. I definitely think it's viable and I've actually seen people play versions of the deck online a ton already, so there is definitely interest.

also, for people who don't like the new Kozilek over the old one, I have come across a KEY advantage that the new Kozilek has, and that is the burn match-up. How many people have played this match-up and survived long enough to hit Glacial Chasm and get some fatties out, but the second you let glacial chasm go they burn your face for lethal? With new Kozilek you can let the glacial chasm go and just counter all the burn they try to throw at your face in response (I recently played this game, which prompted me to comment on it). I'm playing the G/R list and am still playing new Kozilek. It's effect is quite strong in many MUs.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    I disagree that the below list doesn't count as Turbo Eldrazi. It uses cloud post mana and cost reducers to turbo out massive Eldrazi.
    Just a continuation of this thread being completely unorganized- nearly unable to continue a train of thought. I have never heard of the deck being called anything but eldrazi stompy. Usually any deck with mana accelerants with chalices and 3ball is considered to fit into the stompy category. This is where you want to be: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...i-Stompy/page8
    Tusk Up

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    @Cptn. Hammer, I think their point though is that you might not find as many people in this thread as interested in the deck as you would in the thread that is more dedicated to this type of build. I definitely think it's viable and I've actually seen people play versions of the deck online a ton already, so there is definitely interest.

also, for people who don't like the new Kozilek over the old one, I have come across a KEY advantage that the new Kozilek has, and that is the burn match-up. How many people have played this match-up and survived long enough to hit Glacial Chasm and get some fatties out, but the second you let glacial chasm go they burn your face for lethal? With new Kozilek you can let the glacial chasm go and just counter all the burn they try to throw at your face in response (I recently played this game, which prompted me to comment on it). I'm playing the G/R list and am still playing new Kozilek. It's effect is quite strong in many MUs.
    That's a very interesting point, especially since most of Burn's curve is at 1cmc. I'm going to test one in my board now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Mar 2013
    Bern (Switzerland)

Info for mkm series milano;)

Legacy Trial on friday:

Of course im.on the finals but lose to elves (Julian Knab)
    T3 Kill of him;) then he get beaten by ulamog and ugin and then he t2 killed me.

But very nice start for the weekend..

Saturday legacy:

Not much to say...my badest legacy tournament ever..

1:2 Goblins ( Mull to 6 on the draw, lackey gets me, g2 win and g 3 Mull to 5..into double wasteland..)

0:2 Aggro Loam Hard to beat..

So 0:2 Drop and play the Big modern Trial;)

I played Tron and won the whole Trial and get 2 byes for tomorrow:)

12 Post lists follows;)

Still a ver y nice Weekend:)

Greets

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I wholeheartedly agree, 12Post isn't Eldrazi Stompy.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Hi guys, here I am, back from MKM series in Milan. FIRST, a little note: it's about 30 hours that I don't sleep, I was in Florida yesterday, I went from the airport to the tournament directly at 6am. sorry for the bad report and grammar mistakes.

here is the list that I had:

2 Platinum Emperion
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Show and Tell
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Vesuva
    1 Cavern of Souls
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    2 Expedition Map
    1 Forest
    2 Warping Wail
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Tundra
    1 Savannah
    3 Terminus
    1 Scroll Rack
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Flooded Strand
    SB: 2 Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 3 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Swords to Plowshares
    SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog

I did some important changes three days ago, and I was very curious to test them.

1) Miracle, 2-0. g1: impressive, 2 terminus HARDCASTED clean the battlefield from clique/mentor. Easy ramp g2: I don't remember exactly, in my notes I see only "UGIN".

2) D&T, 2-1. g1: 2 terminus casted by miracle trigger, this gave me time to ramp with no pressure. g2: he had everything, I had few things g3: I saw 2 needle, one on vial and the other on port, and the game is easy.

3) D&T 1-2 g1: he played vial, wasteland and an horde of creatures, I cannot resist. g2: ramp with emrakul and ugin g3: same as g1

4) sneak attack 0-2 g1: on 3rd turn he combo'd off, sneack->grisel->emra, nothing I can do g2: very loooong game, I play a needle on sneack and another on grisel, he plays TWO blood moon, I destroy one with krosan, I try with a BEB on the other one but it's countered, I have one titan into play, he is at 8 hp, he plays its 10th land and cast omniscience -_-

5) merfolk 1-2 g1: He plays a lot of creature, but I think I can handle the situation, I'm ready to play a titan covered by a cavern, when he plays a wasteland on one cloudpost. Totally unexpected :( . g2: he screwed with mana g3: he is killing me with 2 mutavault and a lord. I play a needle, forced. Good, he has 2 cards in hand, I play crop rotation to be ready to cast something on the next round (don't remember if ugin or ulamog). His turn he wastes my cloudpost again -_-. Maybe here I misplayed, but I was died for sure if I did nothing on the next round.....I could play crop in EOT, but I was afraid that he drew a counter.

6) bug 2-0 he made some errors and I had no pressure in general, both games.

7) bug 1-2 g1: needle naming wasteland, show and tell into nothing just to see if he has a counter, path is clear, ugin. g2: don't remember g3: mulligan to 5, I play sensei, he plays needle on it. My next draw will be emrakul, ulamog, terminus, terminus, with 2 useless land in game.

In general, despite the 3-4, I'm very happy of this build. I never used Scroll Rack, but I thought it could be useful to put a terminus back on the library. I would play Jace, that is much much better, but the 2 blue mana used to cast it are bad. I will try with Jace next time and see.
    Warping Wail was very useful against come clique and DTS.....but in some situation if I had StP it was better (against tarmo for example). I will keep warping probably, to be protected also against sorcery (it countered an entreat the angel on first game).
    Ulamog mainboard is a must, I'm sorry for old Kozilek but there is no room for it at the moment.

I'm going to bed now, I need to sleeeep!!

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

It's definitely got some legs against burn!
    -Primeval Titan counters fireblast!
    -The million one drops counter all the cheap burn spells.
    -I also feel like we want some 2 drops to counter price of progress, since that's the "Achilles heel" of the 12post.

I don't understand why you guys prefer newKozi over emperion (at least, against burn and storm). G1 against these decks is 100% win if you drop emperion, they have NO responses to it. G2 also they have only sideboard cards to defeat it, they have to find them or nothing.
    Also, newKozi cannot do much against price, cabal ritual, demonic pact, past in flames, ad nauseam, at least in a classical 12post build.

Finally found a build I am happy with.

// Lands
    1 [P2] Forest (3)
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [B] Tropical Island
    1 [P2] Island (1)
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm

// Creatures
    4 [M11] Primeval Titan
    1 [BFZ] Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 [OGW] Kozilek, the Great Distortion

// Spells
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    4 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [OGW] Warping Wail
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    4 [ROE] Ancient Stirrings
    2 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    2 [FRF] Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [OGW] Spatial Contortion
    SB: 4 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
    SB: 3 [JGC] Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 [R] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 1 [OGW] Wastes

Went 3-0 with weekly magic. matchups were Lands, Jund, Moggcatcher. all 2-0'd.
    Am i counting wrong or are you running 61 MB cards???

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    I don't understand why you guys prefer newKozi over emperion (at least, against burn and storm). G1 against these decks is 100% win if you drop emperion, they have NO responses to it. G2 also they have only sideboard cards to defeat it, they have to find them or nothing.
    Also, newKozi cannot do much against price, cabal ritual, demonic pact, past in flames, ad nauseam, at least in a classical 12post build.
    It appears that they're interchangeable, dependent upon the metagame you're in; NuKoz is much better in midrange matches, Emperion is much better in an aggressive metagame. Both have their uses and their flaws.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post
    Am i counting wrong or are you running 61 MB cards???
    Indeed on 61. Always working on trimming.

Dec 2013
    Europe

Interesting point, got my attention! Lost my last two matches against Burn/RDW, 1:2 against Burn, 0:2 against RDW. As you said, Chasm doesn't help my, since PoP is an instant. Normally I would go back to Emperion (mayber 1 main, 1 SB), but most red players bring in some copies of Smash to S., so Emperion isn't really safe. Here comes new Kozilek: should be able to prevent some damage, but cmc2 can be difficult. But there are also Flusterstorms to handle PoPs. And Kozilek can end the game very fast...like the idea and will give it a try, thanks!

Indeed on 61. Always working on trimming.
    So I've been testing you're build online and it does run well, but i'm having trouble with side-boarding. could you give some insight into how exactly are you boarding with this puppy? are you boarding out AS?
    Sometimes I'm also puzzled as to which digging option to use first, when i have a hand consisting of brainstorm, AS, top... i had a few misplays with it. So you would normally brainstorm -> AS -> then play top? i mean i was used to dropping top ASAP, but now i'm not sure?

Had an interesting match against a sort of Lands deck yesterday, when i crop bog-ed him and could pay for later surgical extractions with bojuka, that was sweet.

Apr 2008

Went 3-0 without dropping a game this week at local magic using this list:

// Lands
    1 [P2] Forest (3)
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [B] Tropical Island
    1 [P2] Island (1)
    1 [OGW] Wastes

// Creatures
    4 [M11] Primeval Titan
    2 [SOM] Platinum Emperion

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [OGW] Warping Wail
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [ZEN] Expedition Map

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    SB: 1 [OGW] Thought-Knot Seer

Matchups were Miracles, RUG, Lands.

Trimmed to 60 cards. TKS was great, and I am actively trading for another, I think 2 would make a good fit, could possibly run 3.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MechTactical View Post
    So I've been testing you're build online and it does run well, but i'm having trouble with side-boarding. could you give some insight into how exactly are you boarding with this puppy? are you boarding out AS?
    Sometimes I'm also puzzled as to which digging option to use first, when i have a hand consisting of brainstorm, AS, top... i had a few misplays with it. So you would normally brainstorm -> AS -> then play top? i mean i was used to dropping top ASAP, but now i'm not sure?

Had an interesting match against a sort of Lands deck yesterday, when i crop bog-ed him and could pay for later surgical extractions with bojuka, that was sweet.
    Cards I find I side out often are as follows: Emperion (vs easy removal), Warping Wail (if they don't have sorceries of note, or a snail won't help me), Crop Rotation (anything with CB I take this out), Show and Tell (vs Show and Tell decks, but I am reconsidering with TKS), Candelabra (decks with heavy land and/or hand disruption), Eldrazi Package (mostly combo decks too fast for top end to matter), Titans (vs reanimator, or decks where lifegain/utility lands won't win me the game), Utility lands (depends, but I often side out 1 land every non-wasteland match).

Hope this provides some vague help and lets you mix and match appropriately.

Went 3-0 without dropping a game this week at local magic using this list:

// Lands
    1 [P2] Forest (3)
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [B] Tropical Island
    1 [P2] Island (1)
    1 [OGW] Wastes

// Creatures
    4 [M11] Primeval Titan
    2 [SOM] Platinum Emperion

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [OGW] Warping Wail
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [ZEN] Expedition Map

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    SB: 1 [OGW] Thought-Knot Seer

Matchups were Miracles, RUG, Lands.

Trimmed to 60 cards. TKS was great, and I am actively trading for another, I think 2 would make a good fit, could possibly run 3.
    ahaha you finally dropped glacial! omg don't make me play thought-knot seer, some of the worst art i've seen in my life...

EDIT: you went down to 24 lands? bojuka in the side?? hm... bojuka is thy only defense against many decks out there, are ya sure you want to drop it??

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Thought-knot seer has been great for me so far. I am actually playing 3 copies main. He pull the best card out of your opponent's hand or clears the way of counterspells for your haymaker. He also serves as a very good blocker against most other creatures in the format. I've been playing both him and warring wail main, and I honestly think that TKS has more utility. These also give me two drops and four drops for new Kozilek!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information