Page 267 of 338 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

FYI: Matt Tabak just announced that the rules will be changing with EMN. You will no longer be able to look at an opponent's sideboard when you control their turn with Emrakul.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comm...t&compact=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    FYI: Matt Tabak just announced that the rules will be changing with EMN. You will no longer be able to look at an opponent's sideboard when you control their turn with Emrakul.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comm...t&compact=true

I have to assume this applies to mindslaver as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    I have to assume this applies to mindslaver as well?
    Of course. Emrakul 2.0 is just the most relevant to this archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    Of course. Emrakul 2.0 is just the most relevant to this archetype.

Yeah I just read the ruling and essentially using an opponent's Wishes won't be an option... terrible. Can't disagree with this ruling more at this point given that updated info. Wishes should at least give you access, but what can we do? I am definitely excited for new Emrakul. I have a couple builds I am working on for value.

Yeah I just read the ruling and essentially using an opponent's Wishes won't be an option... terrible. Can't disagree with this ruling more at this point given that updated info. Wishes should at least give you access, but what can we do? I am definitely excited for new Emrakul. I have a couple builds I am working on for value.
    I agree completely. It makes sense in most cases, but it's absurd that you can't see it when casting a wish. And that is absolutely relevant in Legacy, where Burning, Living, and Cunning Wish all see play.

Quote Originally Posted by Saab93 View Post
    Board:
    1 gaddock teeg
    1 ethersworn canonist
    1 chalice of the void
    1 thorn of amethyst
    1 sphere of resistance
    1 trinisphere
    2 rest in peace
    1 sundering titan
    1 cursed totem
    1 elephant grass
    1 choke
    1 reclamation sage
    2 krosan grip
    How do you feel about the sideboard as listed?

I am no stranger to the idea of casting a scapeshift for value. I have seen I done in modern many times when valakut can't get there. I.e. through a blood moon. But it's not ideal to cast shift unless you're winning on the spot. The idea of having mana up when you shift away 4 Forest and a tabernacle for 5 posts is lost on me. If I was to run shift I feel like I would want amulet of vigor. That is still probably a bit loose? I'm not opposed to testing it as resolving it probably means you win next turn. Against fair decks that is likely good enough. You could even exchange your theoretical forests for 3 cloudpost and 2 Glimmerpost and 10 life. That isn't a terrible trade I suppose in the fair match up to likely win the next turn or two. I am interested to hear about your testing. Just doesn't seem ideal.

This line of thinking still doesn't make sense to me. As it stands now, people running Primeval Titan will cast for 6 and bring 2 lands into play, tapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponders View Post
    This line of thinking still doesn't make sense to me. As it stands now, people running Primeval Titan will cast for 6 and bring 2 lands into play, tapped.
    That was long ago... which part confused you?

================ SPOILER ALERT =======================

Whats everyones opinion of this new card?

Coax from the Blind Eternities
    Sorcery, 2U
    "You may choose an Eldrazi card you own from outside the game or in exile, reveal that card, and put it into your hand"

Considering it's effectively a blue wish, and it's able to immediately get back something that's been exiled by Swords to Plowshares etc., it might have some merit. For Legacy I'm not so sure, but this is definitely good for casual.
    What I DO LIKE about this card, is that you can use it to fetch up not just creatures, but other choices like All is Dust & Not of this world from the side.

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    ================ SPOILER ALERT =======================

Whats everyones opinion of this new card?

Coax from the Blind Eternities
    Sorcery, 2U
    "You may choose an Eldrazi card you own from outside the game or in exile, reveal that card, and put it into your hand"

Considering it's effectively a blue wish, and it's able to immediately get back something that's been exiled by Swords to Plowshares etc., it might have some merit. For Legacy I'm not so sure, but this is definitely good for casual.
    What I DO LIKE about this card, is that you can use it to fetch up not just creatures, but other choices like All is Dust & Not of this world from the side.
    I think it had been discussed before and it seems hard to see play for two reasons. First of all living wish does very similar work for less mana which also gets utility lands or posts, secondly the deck would not like to trim sideboard cards it actually needs to solve bad matchups. That said test it all the same off course :)

I've read quite a bit of the forum and I'm not sure if anyone tried it before. But it seems like an nice synergy to have some main winter orbs and candelabras.

Drop an orb, enjoy the stall and make land drops and then use a candelabra to untap and dominate?

Disclaimer: this is completely untested stuff. I could test a bit with proxies but I have no intention of buying candelabras..

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Hencules View Post
    I've read quite a bit of the forum and I'm not sure if anyone tried it before. But it seems like an nice synergy to have some main winter orbs and candelabras.

Drop an orb, enjoy the stall and make land drops and then use a candelabra to untap and dominate?

Disclaimer: this is completely untested stuff. I could test a bit with proxies but I have no intention of buying candelabras..
    I will admit, the few times I have had winter's orbs dropped against me, my opponents suffered tremendously while candelabra did heavy lifting. would require pithing needles for drs of course, and a way to not die to pyromancer/mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    I will admit, the few times I have had winter's orbs dropped against me, my opponents suffered tremendously while candelabra did heavy lifting. would require pithing needles for drs of course, and a way to not die to pyromancer/mentors.
    As for pyro and mentor we have tabernacle for that! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Go heavy on mono green, play 4 Vesuva to guarantee the posts and defend yourself with elephant grass? They're already fine without orb, but together your fine to make the drops you need.

That was long ago... which part confused you?
    The idea that it should be "winning on the spot". In some sense this card seems better than titan if the idea is to survive just one more turn.

The idea that it should be "winning on the spot". In some sense this card seems better than titan if the idea is to survive just one more turn.
    The point of scapeshift is to win on the spot with valakut usually. With primeval titan you have an actual win condition in play, you're not just switching out a few mana sources as you would be with scapeshift.

The point of scapeshift is to win on the spot with valakut usually. With primeval titan you have an actual win condition in play, you're not just switching out a few mana sources as you would be with scapeshift.

The point of scapeshift is to win on the spot with valukut in that deck. It may be possible and even likely that card and perhaps others have more than one potential utility. I still like the card actually in a monogreen list anyway. Granted, maybe something that better deals with moon/chalice would be better.

For those people running trinket mage, room for tree of tales? No need?

The point of scapeshift is to win on the spot with valukut IN THAT DECK. It may be possible and even likely that card and perhaps others have more than one potential utility.
    As I recall I was one of the only people that didn't flat out dismiss scapeshift for 12 post. I suggested a possible use for it, but I still don't really think it is necessary. Why after 6 months(?) is this coming back up? I'm very lost. If you want to run scapeshift because you love that card, no one is going to stop you.

Cheers.

Hey, everyone!

I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts / suggestions / critiques of my current list (particularly of its sideboard) before I head into my first big legacy event (SCG Worcester). I still have time to pick up a few cards if I need them.

I'm playing a mono-green (splash white) version with Green Sun's Zenith. I know different people have different preferences for the general Post build, but advice that changes the makeup of the deck isn't helpful for me at this time. What I'm looking for is advice on how to tweak THIS version of Post. Once again, sideboard advice would be greatly appreciated; mine is kind of a mess right now.

Once specific question about fetchlands: I've seen some cases where people use as many different fetchlands as possible as a way to avoid weird cases of Pithing Needle blind naming (for example) Windswept Heath. Is this something I should really care about?

4 Primeval Titan
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Pithing Needle
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Expedition Map
    4 Warping Wail
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos

4 Cloudpost

4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

1 Thespian's Stage

4 Forest
    2 Savannah
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Eye of Ugin

1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Karakas
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

SIDEBOARD:

2 Krosan Grip
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Rest In Peace
    1 Trinisphere
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Rule of Law
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Moment's Peace
    1 Elephant Grass
    1 Dismember

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by cwcomposer View Post
    Hey, everyone!

I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts / suggestions / critiques of my current list (particularly of its sideboard) before I head into my first big legacy event (SCG Worcester). I still have time to pick up a few cards if I need them.

I'm playing a mono-green (splash white) version with Green Sun's Zenith. I know different people have different preferences for the general Post build, but advice that changes the makeup of the deck isn't helpful for me at this time. What I'm looking for is advice on how to tweak THIS version of Post. Once again, sideboard advice would be greatly appreciated; mine is kind of a mess right now.

Once specific question about fetchlands: I've seen some cases where people use as many different fetchlands as possible as a way to avoid weird cases of Pithing Needle blind naming (for example) Windswept Heath. Is this something I should really care about?

4 Primeval Titan
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Pithing Needle
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Expedition Map
    4 Warping Wail
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos

4 Cloudpost

4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

1 Thespian's Stage

4 Forest
    2 Savannah
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Eye of Ugin

1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Karakas
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

SIDEBOARD:

2 Krosan Grip
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Rest In Peace
    1 Trinisphere
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Rule of Law
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Moment's Peace
    1 Elephant Grass
    1 Dismember

Thanks in advance!
    I don't ever split fetchlands. Usually needle is going to name candel, map, Ugin. If they really try to shut down a fetchland, good for them. You can crop it away anyway so it isn't really a loss.

Personally I like having 3 or 4 sphere of resistance in the board since combo can be a nightmare for post. Not sure if warping wail has been enough, but it doesn't seem likely. Otherwise as far as your list goes, it seems fine. I don't personally like GSZ, but it works for some so I can't really argue against it.

Thread Information