Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post

I watched the Reanimator coverage, which was by far my favorite. I love how the 2nd guy calls me out for "taking 3-4 minutes for tutoring" when it has been 40 seconds, and is saying how I have zero plays against Reanimator in my deck when Karakas and Bojuka Bog blow him out, and then finally the guy's mind gets blown when I win it handily.

Commentators. They follow the same logic as cynically stated about teachers, if you can't do, teach.

Also does anyone know what the term "tanking" means? They said it every time I looked with Sensei's Divining Top, no matter how brief.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    I love how the 2nd guy calls me out for "taking 3-4 minutes for tutoring" when it has been 40 seconds, and is saying how I have zero plays against Reanimator in my deck when Karakas and Bojuka Bog blow him out, and then finally the guy's mind gets blown when I win it handily.

Commentators. They follow the same logic as cynically stated about teachers, if you can't do, teach.

Also does anyone know what the term "tanking" means? They said it every time I looked with Sensei's Divining Top, no matter how brief.
    Tanking is going deep into thought.

Also, are you okay? It was almost 4 minutes of nothing with his Reanimate on the stack, not 40 seconds. More like 40 seconds x5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Tanking is going deep into thought.

Also, are you okay? It was almost 4 minutes of nothing with his Reanimate on the stack, not 40 seconds. More like 40 seconds x5
    at 27:50 he announces his targets, I look at sb and fetch at 29:40. Even if you ignore the sideboard check and the over 20 possible plays I had, that's far less than 4 minutes. He calls out "fetching a land" taking 4 minutes after 20 seconds of searching. Hilarious in my opinion.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

at 27:50 he announces his targets, I look at sb and fetch at 29:40. Even if you ignore the sideboard check and the over 20 possible plays I had, that's far less than 4 minutes. He calls out "fetching a land" taking 4 minutes after 20 seconds of searching. Hilarious in my opinion.
    Umm. it was a 6 minute Reanimate....... on the stack for 6 minutes. It hit the bin after 34:00. You took about 4+ of those minutes had there been a chess clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Why is this argument happening?

Where's the "this mono-green list [insert list here] is not only budget friendly but can also do well in a meta dominated with [insert decks here]"?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Umm. it was a 6 minute Reanimate....... on the stack for 6 minutes. It hit the bin after 34:00. You took about 4+ of those minutes had there been a chess clock.
    The whole thing took 6 minutes. Now, two of that was taken up by Drew, through the searching, choosing targets etc. I'm pretty sure that Rock could have played slightly faster, but most of the decisions that turn took l;ess than 30 seconds, except the choosing of targets for the first FStorm, which took 45. I get the impression that Rock plays ponderously.

Anyone ever tried Crucible of Worlds in their list, for some recurring Glacial Chasm shenanigans?

Imagine never having to pay 2 life for it's Cumulative Upkeep cost.....

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SBGpinas View Post
    Anyone ever tried Crucible of Worlds in their list, for some recurring Glacial Chasm shenanigans?

Imagine never having to pay 2 life for it's Cumulative Upkeep cost.....
    Please refer to the development thread where mono-green lists and crucible are discussed ad nauseum.

Hi, could you maybe give a quick rundown of your SBin plans for the major archetypes? Gonna play this at our Sunday Legacy tomorrow, and honestly, so far I've only boarded with my gut instinct.

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

Hey Rock Lee

How do you beat Fish? It seems to be a bad match up. Disruption and fast beats. That's my only loss last Thursday Legacy went 3-1 :) Deck is fun lol

I watched the Reanimator coverage, which was by far my favorite. I love how the 2nd guy calls me out for "taking 3-4 minutes for tutoring" when it has been 40 seconds, and is saying how I have zero plays against Reanimator in my deck when Karakas and Bojuka Bog blow him out, and then finally the guy's mind gets blown when I win it handily.

For more in depth, here is the time frame we're talking about:

Reanimate hits the board: 27:37
    You look at SB (I assume): 28:47- 29:06
    Cracks fetch: 29:39
    "" fetches trop. island: 30:03
    Commentators comment about the "3-4" minute fetching: 30:24

Im sorry, but since when is the difference between 29:39-30:03, 3-4 minutes?

Now, to my point, What made you decide to try this deck originally?

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by blindspotxxx View Post
    Hey Rock Lee

How do you beat Fish? It seems to be a bad match up. Disruption and fast beats. That's my only loss last Thursday Legacy went 3-1 :) Deck is fun lol
    Fish meaning Merfolk? Elephant Grass destroys them and they lose to Primeval Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by kavaki View Post
    What made you decide to try this deck originally?
    Eye of Ugin intrigued me so I played a build with cloudpost and vesuva with 4x Candelabras that would power out sundering titan. It was super bad, but it meant that when Emrakul got spoiled I immediately jumped on the idea of a combo-control deck that relied on sacrificing early tempo and control for late-game dominance.

I always love playing control in nearly every format and even in other games, but Legacy didn't have a "true" control deck at the time like U/W Miracles. So I tried to make a control deck that controlled by inevitability and ability to ignore most threats.

So, I did pretty well with Rock Lees list yesterday -1 Revoker +1 Elephant Grass. Took 3rd place at my locals and won an artist altered Polluted Delta.

MUs were UW Miracles (2-0), Team America (2-1), Omniscience (0-2), Reanimator (2-0) and Esperblade (2-0). Omniscience is really rough.

I tried to repeal Omniscience with Defense Grid in play, but he had the REB and I couldn't Flusterstorm because of the Grid. Otherwise I'd had taken an Emrakul hit and probably gone infinite/close to infinite on my turn (I showed in Primeval Titan). But it feels like a really rough MU, unfortunately the deck is rather popular in my area.

Rest of the meta was pretty much a cakewalk. My only loss from Team America was from him having Decay for my Needle, Wasteland to slow me down, double Goyf and a counter for my Elephant Grass.

If anyone is interested in a more detailed writeup say so and I'll try to remember what I can.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp2293 View Post
    So, I did pretty well with Rock Lees list yesterday -1 Revoker +1 Elephant Grass. Took 3rd place at my locals and won an artist altered Polluted Delta.

MUs were UW Miracles (2-0), Team America (2-1), Omniscience (0-2), Reanimator (2-0) and Esperblade (2-0). Omniscience is really rough.

I tried to repeal Omniscience with Defense Grid in play, but he had the REB and I couldn't Flusterstorm because of the Grid. Otherwise I'd had taken an Emrakul hit and probably gone infinite/close to infinite on my turn (I showed in Primeval Titan). But it feels like a really rough MU, unfortunately the deck is rather popular in my area.

Rest of the meta was pretty much a cakewalk. My only loss from Team America was from him having Decay for my Needle, Wasteland to slow me down, double Goyf and a counter for my Elephant Grass.

If anyone is interested in a more detailed writeup say so and I'll try to remember what I can.
    Sorry about slowness about getting back to you on specifics on sideboarding. I was at a marathon of double-tournaments this weekend and only got back late last night.

Grats on your showing. If Omnishow is popular in your area just increase your venser count to 3-4 and they can't beat you.

I ended up throwing my Top 8 chances at Jupiter, with the deck giving me exactly what I needed and me just fritting it away.

Sunday Oct 22 I went X-1 at Hartsdale in the Swiss and Split the Top 4 when my teammate Scott Hughes who is also playing Turbo Eldrazi was paired with me in Top 4. So Turbo Eldrazi took 50$ of the total prize in that event. A special kind of win!

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

Fish meaning Merfolk? Elephant Grass destroys them and they lose to Primeval Titan.

Eye of Ugin intrigued me so I played a build with cloudpost and vesuva with 4x Candelabras that would power out sundering titan. It was super bad, but it meant that when Emrakul got spoiled I immediately jumped on the idea of a combo-control deck that relied on sacrificing early tempo and control for late-game dominance.

I always love playing control in nearly every format and even in other games, but Legacy didn't have a "true" control deck at the time like U/W Miracles. So I tried to make a control deck that controlled by inevitability and ability to ignore most threats.
    Yeah but you know they have aether vial for pumpage, islandwalk, wasteland and counter magic. Such a terrible matchup

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by blindspotxxx View Post
    Yeah but you know they have aether vial for pumpage, islandwalk, wasteland and counter magic. Such a terrible matchup
    Of all the aggro matchups I would consider Merfolk the worst, but still positive. Yes all the statements you make are true, but they cave to Show & Tell more than any other matchup, elephant grass prevents even more damage than most decks due to mutavault shutdown, and they run zero removal for Pithing Needle unlike all other aggro decks. Their counters are often limited to Daze and Force. If you play to these strengths and keep according hands, the matchup is easily in the positive.

So, short report from yesterday.

Round 1 against UW Miracles:

G1: I sit across an unfamiliar face and ask him where he's from and if he's a longtime player, and he says that it's his first legacy tournament. I'm not too happy that I might face some wacky deck round 1 or burn or something. He opens on Tundra and Top. Nice. I make a top myself too and since it resolves I'm in really good shape. He has counterbalance lock next turn, I do nothing but drop Lands, he does also nothing since its Miracles. I attempt Show and Tell with Titan in hand, top finds him nothing, he forces. Next turn I retry the next Show, with help of fetches he finds the an Entreat for Balance. Next turn I hardcast Ulamog, which blows up balance. He doesn't have removal in hand or in his top 3, so he scoops to Ulamog attack.
    do
    G2: Again we both open on Top, but this time he stalls on 2 Lands, one of them a Karakas, so I crop rotate for my own to basically take him out of the game. His first brainstorm doesn't find him anything, after he draw-discards two times I flusterstorm his next Brainstorm and have an Emrakul soon afterwards.

Round 2 against Team America:

G1: This guy is a very familiar face and a really nice guy. He's usually on Death and Taxes, but before the event he was asking people for Delvers and since he played Team America in the past I put him on that. He starts with Delver, while I open with Needle on Wasteland. He soon finds an Abrupt Decay for the Needle, but fortunately only one Wasteland before I find my second Needle. I play a Top, Delver gets repealed, but I frown as he sticks a Sylvan Library at pretty high life. Soon enough Delver plus Goyfs pressure me. I map for Chasm, then drop a Titan. Despite the double Glimmposts it found me I'm on pretty low life. As he attacks with double Goyf I have to block with Titan, since I'm dead to a Decay on me Needle since he sits with Wasteland in play. He dismembers my Titan, but has no out for Needle. Next turn I cast Emrakul, to my attack he sacks Lands and blocks with Delver, so he still has double Goyf and Library in play, with 1 card left in Hand. I cast Kozilek which draws me Repeal for the 2nd Goyf and his last Goyf can't punch through for lethal.

G2: I open on coloured mana, some posts, Needle, Brainstorm and Elephant Grass. Sounds good......on paper. He has pretty good hand: Needle gets decayed, lands get wasted, Grass and Brainstorm countered, I'm dead to double Goyf within like 4 minutes.

G3: We have only 7 minutes left on the clock, so I reboard my Show and Tells. I resolve it for Titan while drops Tombstalker and he already has Delver in play. He plays Needle on Eye and double blocks with Stalker and Delver. We enter the extra turn with me at 27 life. Unfortunately I don't draw anything relevant from the top, but convince him to scoop to me since I think I can crush the rest of the decks except for the Omniscience decks.

Round 3 against Omniscience:

G1: I know what he's on and figure I can only win G1 if he is stupid and drops anything that's not Omniscience. Turns out he isn't.

G2: We both durdle around. At one point I have Flusterstorm, Titan, Eye of Ugin and Repeal in hand, while he has Defense Grid in play. If I get another turn I drop the Eye I've been hiding from him and cast Emrakul. He opens with Overmaster which I let resolves into Show and Tell. He makes Omniscience, I make Titan. Unfortunately I'm mana short to Repeal with Titan trigger on the stack, so I have to let the trigger resolves and get moar posts. He casts Emrakul, I try to Repeal in response, he has the REB and I can't Flusterstorm due to the Defense Grid. At this point I was so high on permanents that I could have taken the Emrakul hit and gone infinite on my next turn.

Round 4 against Reanimator:

G1 & G2: Since I get paired down and he can't get into prices anymore he scoops to me. We play it out for fun and I 2-0, opening on Karakas both games, but I played really sloppy as in most just for fun games in between more serious matches, so I'll spare you the details.

Round 5 against Esperblade:

G1: He's a teammate, we both know what each other is on, and we both know he can't possibly win. G1 he durdles with Stoneforge Mystic. I hardcast Emrakul turn 4.
    G2: He gets some early Clique beats in, I Show and Tell for Titan and have the Flusterstorm for his Counterspell. Titan enters and it's over soon afterwards.

Looking forward I'm probably gonna replace the Revokers with more Venser's like Rock suggested. Other top tables looked like Cakewalks (Maverick, Nic Fit.....you get the picture).

On a sidenote: Team America seems to be in nice shape with Abrupt Decay.

Apr 2008

So, short report from yesterday.
    Some ideas Phillipp.

Against U/W Miracles, In game 2 if you use vesuva to legend kill Karakas, you keep your own in library, and against U/W Miracles you don't need the vesuvax4 as much as you would if you needed Glacial Chasms.

Against Team America, In game 1 if you hadn't map'd for Glacial Chasm you could have tutored it up with Primeval titan and not had to block, putting you in a very strong situation.

Against Omnishow, In game 1, if you get Glimmerposts with Primeval Titan, you put another trigger on the stack (the lifegain) that you can then respond to by repealing. Also against Omnishow, I find that if I counter Overmaster they will hold back more often than not. It also puts them down a card and enables you to Fluster their Show & Tell right afterwards if you have it.

Lastly, if you are worried about legend killing shenanigans and weakness against MuD/Mirror, you can go 2x Venser, Shaper Savant and 2x Spine of Ish Sah, which both Trump Omnishow, but have added utility in other matches.

Thanks, those are good points you put regarding both Vesuva and the Glimmerpoint Lifegain trigger, absolutely didn't consider that. As for the game against Team America, I've had the Chasm in play and found the Titan afterwards with top after I've payed twice for chasm already.

Apr 2008

Thanks, those are good points you put regarding both Vesuva and the Glimmerpoint Lifegain trigger, absolutely didn't consider that. As for the game against Team America, I've had the Chasm in play and found the Titan afterwards with top after I've payed twice for chasm already.
    I gotcha, then no vesuva (Glacial Chasm copy) + Glimmerpost off the titan? I often let my titans sit around for a few turns if I'm in an advantageous position even without attacking. especially if you faced double-blocks, it seems like a stronger position. Lets you build up a larger Locus count and even with a waste he can't swing back.

Thread Information