Page 311 of 338 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
    Yeah. I get Bridge in UG, since you have Repeal. I'd just be nervous about locking myself out of the game with so few ways around it main in Cg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think you're using your imagination enough. In most games where Ensnaring Bridge is putting the game in a standstill, the 12-post player will eventually assemble the infinite turns combo with Karakas and Emrakul. That should let you do just about anything. Say even if your ugins and ulamogs were in your graveyard, you can utilize candelabras to take multiple extra turns in a row, discard emrakul to max hand size, and get back the means to actually win through the bridge. It doesn't seem like there are too few ways to win through bridge at all.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by nimkee View Post
    If you ever stream post again let us know, it would be great to watch some people with experience playing the deck. Same goes for any other people too. I think I've watched every youtube video about twice now.
    I absolutely will. I'd love to stream more Post - and really, other games - but right now my work/adulting schedule doesn't allow me to do it with any degree of reliability, and I don't want to give people a schedule I already know I can't meet. Now that I bought into MTGO, I definitely will be streaming at some point.

Yeah. I get Bridge in UG, since you have Repeal. I'd just be nervous about locking myself out of the game with so few ways around it main in Cg.
    I think if you give it some play you'll become more and more comfortable with it. The only time Post ever would win with chip damage is if Ugin goes all the way, and if that's happening, there's no reason to complain. Because of that, having few ways to remove it really isn't important: if you and your opponent are just playing Draw-Go, that favors you 100% of the time. At some point, you'll be on Ulamog mana if it comes to that, and then the rest of the game becomes relatively trivial. Bridge shores up a lot of matchups - with Infect being an unfortunate exception - and it's something I got comfortable playing around extremely quickly.

Another consideration is that Karn Liberated plays incredibly well with Bridge. Besides also being able to win a game by himself, he handles the stuff that Ugin can't, including your Bridge if it comes to that.

As is the case with all of our brews, I can't say for 100% certainty whether or not Bridge is "optimal", but what I can tell you is that I'm perfectly comfortable with playing it in my own deck and actually love seeing my opponents sideboard it in against me.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    I absolutely will. I'd love to stream more Post - and really, other games - but right now my

As is the case with all of our brews, I can't say for 100% certainty whether or not Bridge is "optimal", but what I can tell you is that I'm perfectly comfortable with playing it in my own deck and actually love seeing my opponents sideboard it in against me.
    That's funny stuff. Someone did that to me but sat behind a Chandra which went ultimate too quick for me to interact with.
    Other than walkers that makes perfect sense tho. How do you deal with walkers that have you on a clock / Jace / Chandra / Lilli? You're on C/g right?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Beast Within can deal with walker, offcourse Ugin, Karn, All is Dust can to.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

That's funny stuff. Someone did that to me but sat behind a Chandra which went ultimate too quick for me to interact with.
    Other than walkers that makes perfect sense tho. How do you deal with walkers that have you on a clock / Jace / Chandra / Lilli? You're on C/g right?
    I mostly play C/g but I've brewed all sorts of silly crap in a variety of colors. I usually try to proactively stop dangerous walkers with a Needle effect if at all possible, although this is riskier with Liliana because of Abrupt Decay. Otherwise it's dig to Ugin/Dust/Karn/Ratchet/whatever or tutor for Ulamog to guarantee the walker goes away. Of the two, Jace is considerably less threatening because his ult takes longer and it requires your opponent to more or less be "all in" on that strategy, since they forego free Brainstorms every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    I mostly play C/g but I've brewed all sorts of silly crap in a variety of colors. I usually try to proactively stop dangerous walkers with a Needle effect if at all possible, although this is riskier with Liliana because of Abrupt Decay. Otherwise it's dig to Ugin/Dust/Karn/Ratchet/whatever or tutor for Ulamog to guarantee the walker goes away. Of the two, Jace is considerably less threatening because his ult takes longer and it requires your opponent to more or less be "all in" on that strategy, since they forego free Brainstorms every turn.
    I tried a few matches with mono-green (savannah splash for sideboard cards) titan post, and with C/g. While I never got to attack with a titan once (encountered every answer imaginable), the resolved lands did almost always win me the game.

I was very surprised with C/g. Shocked might be the better word. I was often able to skip over titans and just ramp into big fatties.

T1 forest into needle on wasteland.
    T2 Cloudpost
    T3 Cloudpost, warping wail into scion eot, crop rotate into a post / or just T3 a wurmcoil engine post board.
    T4 Ugin or other options

It felt quite powerful, and it seemed like the titans were maps and stirrings on big 6/6 sticks. Have you missed not having access to white for sideboard cards?

One game with the titan build I got completely tempo'd out by grixis delver. Rug delver seems like it could be pretty brutal too.

I threw my one of Eureka in for giggles. Its ok in a Titan build, but landing it was hard. It sort of felt like counter bait in the same way candlesticks might. Has anyone else tried it?

I tried a few matches with mono-green (savannah splash for sideboard cards) titan post, and with C/g. While I never got to attack with a titan once (encountered every answer imaginable), the resolved lands did almost always win me the game.

I was very surprised with C/g. Shocked might be the better word. I was often able to skip over titans and just ramp into big fatties.

T1 forest into needle on wasteland.
    T2 Cloudpost
    T3 Cloudpost, warping wail into scion eot, crop rotate into a post / or just T3 a wurmcoil engine post board.
    T4 Ugin or other options

It felt quite powerful, and it seemed like the titans were maps and stirrings on big 6/6 sticks. Have you missed not having access to white for sideboard cards?

One game with the titan build I got completely tempo'd out by grixis delver. Rug delver seems like it could be pretty brutal too.

I threw my one of Eureka in for giggles. Its ok in a Titan build, but landing it was hard. It sort of felt like counter bait in the same way candlesticks might. Has anyone else tried it?
    Not eureka but NO with fetchlands and dryad arbors. with cards like that the deck is trying to be to many things at one time. the c/g build is already a whole lot of things lolz. it was fun but thats about as far as it went, fun

Anyone else have any interest in a custom shirt for 12 Post? There's a guy who makes designs for a lot of archetypes and he said if he got a few more people messaging him with interest that he might make up a design for it. He's Epic Upgrades on facebook where you can also see some of his other cool designs. Just thought it might be cool to get a shirt to represent the deck. If anyone is interested shoot him a message on facebook asking about a shirt for 12 Post.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

I have, although not in paper. Between Eureka, Selvala's Stampede, and now Cascading Cataracts, I've also been tinkering with seeing if I can cast things in other colors: Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is one such card that interests me. The biggest problem I've had so far is trying to put together hands that don't suck: Ancient Stirrings only finds colorless cards, and the rest of the options available aren't exactly inspiring either. I think Rock Lee had a Eureka list somewhere, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 203995014 View Post
    I don't think you're using your imagination enough. In most games where Ensnaring Bridge is putting the game in a standstill, the 12-post player will eventually assemble the infinite turns combo with Karakas and Emrakul. That should let you do just about anything. Say even if your ugins and ulamogs were in your graveyard, you can utilize candelabras to take multiple extra turns in a row, discard emrakul to max hand size, and get back the means to actually win through the bridge. It doesn't seem like there are too few ways to win through bridge at all.
    LOL. When you put it that way, I suppose I have occasionally had hands where I could even attack with Emrakul through a Bridge. Drawing to well over 7 cards is one of the main reasons I play Butcher of Truth over Great Distortion. Kozilek + Karakas + Candles is a real thing.

Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

A friend of mine (and excellent artist) created what is basically the ultimate 12 Post playmat. Check it out:
    https://www.inkedgaming.com/collecti...d-glass-titans

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

A friend of mine (and excellent artist) created what is basically the ultimate 12 Post playmat. Check it out:
    Welp. Now I have a new playmat coming.

And yeah. Try Bridge. I think you might learn to like it :)

12 post streaming:

https://www.twitch.tv/generalgamesaus

It was brutal. I don't really like that 12 post list but regardless, grixis delver brutalized him. Timely topdecks helped.

I have a screenshot of the list, but can't seem to upload the pic. This guy is running inifinite gyre (why??), both emrakul, and 2 ugin 2 primeval titan and 4 dryad arbor. 3 explore, 4 maps / crop rotations. 2 sylvan crying, a full 12 posts plus 10 forests. It is like a bastardized version of titan-post and C/g. It didn't do well.

12 post streaming:

https://www.twitch.tv/generalgamesaus

It was brutal. I don't really like that 12 post list but regardless, grixis delver brutalized him. Timely topdecks helped.

I have a screenshot of the list, but can't seem to upload the pic. This guy is running inifinite gyre (why??), both emrakul, and 2 ugin 2 primeval titan and 4 dryad arbor. 3 explore, 4 maps / crop rotations. 2 sylvan crying, a full 12 posts plus 10 forests. It is like a bastardized version of titan-post and C/g. It didn't do well.
    4 Dryad arbor? Heavy into Natural order or just a poor deck design?

Also that is the most beautiful thing ever. Should have a small space on it where you can place a polaroid picture of your opponent's face when you begin to cast Eldrazi Titans for the extra rub ins

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    4 Dryad arbor? Heavy into Natural order or just a poor deck design?
    Ill have to check when I get home but I dont remember seeing any NO.

I did some game 1 reps against reanimator with a C/g titan post hybrid. I did well game 1 but after he figured out what I was playing he slaughtered me with tidespout over and over again.

Tips on the matchup?

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

I did some game 1 reps against reanimator with a C/g titan post hybrid. I did well game 1 but after he figured out what I was playing he slaughtered me with tidespout over and over again.

Tips on the matchup?

4 dryad with no natural order seems way off, so hopefully.

Tidespout tyrant is a nightmare for pretty much every deck. It can't be hit by karakas and if it gets into play you're never ramping past a couple mana most likely. Your best bet to beat it is to never let it get into play.

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    4 dryad with no natural order seems way off, so hopefully.

Tidespout tyrant is a nightmare for pretty much every deck. It can't be hit by karakas and if it gets into play you're never ramping past a couple mana most likely. Your best bet to beat it is to never let it get into play.
    Is this one of the reasons people side swords?

What other sideboard schenanigans are helpful? I packed 3 macabre and a tormods today. He did have the nuts tho, force for crop rotation every time. When he didnt he baited me with griselbrand so I bogged but he drew 14 and kept what he needed.

Is macabre our best weapon?

Tips on the matchup?

Don't keep a hand without Crop Rotation, Warping Wail, or Surgical.

Seriously, Tyrant is the only card in the matchup that really matters.

Don't keep a hand without Crop Rotation, Warping Wail, or Surgical.

Seriously, Tyrant is the only card in the matchup that really matters.

I can see the appeal if running 4 wails and 4 rotations.

My current hybrid list has 2 wails 3 rotations 3 stirrings and 2 maps. 1 more wail is in the board.

Is surgical over macabre used bc of wasteland (and loam)?

Thread Information