Page 318 of 338 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

I just had a fantastic game with mirage mirror against lands. Pure pleasure, first game I copied my depths with mirror, in the second his depths
    Rock, what are your plans for the mirror?
    I guess we should run depths combo with the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by prdgchild View Post
    any deck is competitve given the right meta. but yes mono green is powerrful. you should skim last 5 pages for lists no need to repost it would be redundant for everyone else.
    mono green poster here. i've had some luck on modo went 4-1 twice over the weekend. at work now but here's a dookie time deck list:

Cloudpost 4
    Glimmerpost 4
    Vesuva 2
    Thespians stage 1
    dark depths 1
    bojuka bog 1
    karakas 1
    maze of ith 1
    forest 8
    khalni garden 1
    tabernacle of pendrall vale 1
    glacial chasm 1
    nephalia academy1
    eye of ugin 1

ugin, the spirit dragon 2
    emrakul, the aeons torn 1
    emrakul, the promised end 1
    kozilek, the great distortion 1
    ulamog, the ceaseless hunger 1
    ulamog, the infinite gyre 1

ancient stirrings 4
    crop rotation 4
    expedition map 4
    candelabra of tawnos 2
    ratchet bomb 2
    pithing needle 3
    warping wail 3
    sylvan library 1
    eureka 2

sb

faerie macabre 2
    krosan grip 2
    oblivion sower 1
    silent arbiter 1
    spatial contortion 3
    all is dust 1
    pulse of murasa 1
    thought-knot seer 2
    relic of progenitus 2

there are budget consessions here- no copies of Prime time/green sun notably. Sideboard could benefit surgical over faerie but has been surprisingly effective. this is a last minute eureka build and i wanted to power play in case my lands were too slow. maybe 1 too many titans. could easily replace the eurekas for sowers and drop titan client to 3. carpet of flowers for the side is next step. I don't have all my notes in front of me but here's a shot of hop-filled memory:

league 1 saturday: lost to ANT round one, proceeded to 4-0 with wins against:

-good-stuff sultai (not a stock list but usual suspects of jace,lili, hymn,goyf) - dark depths a game and pressured with depths my other win.

-death and taxes : good matchup for us just need to play tight and ugin.

-4 color loam: ugin did work and they couldn't get wasteland engine going. bogged their life from the loam game 2 to seal it.

-4 color czech like: control decks without wasteland are nice mu.
    -can't remember round 5 opp

league 2:

soldier stompy: 2-0 them ugin did work twice but they almost got us both games.

elves: went 2-1, game 2 i play turn 2 tabernacle from hand then they play cradle. lost that one. but game 3 my tabernacle saw no cradle and i ratchet bomb/wail and contortion the piss out of their board ftw.

belcher: 2-0, needle their turn 1 belcher/ they didn't have enough mana to pop belcher turn 1. game 2 i tabernacle their empty the warrens. tabernacle is essential in mb to getting belcher. i'm 75% or better against belcher but have to mull to crop roto or needle.

4 color czech pile: 2-1, fun to play against this deck. dark depths stays in just bring in spatial contortion and all is dust. lack of wasteland is a welcome change.

grixis control: i play around blood moons but his cabal therapy hits 3 maps. they're able to get threats and keep me off tempo. the eureka resolved once for a win but struggle against this deck.

sorry for the half-baked right up will clean up. i think mono green is still strong just need a combo plan like dark depths along with either eureka or natural order.

Nov 2015
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by 11poster925 View Post
    mono green poster here. i've had some luck on modo went 4-1 twice over the weekend. at work now but here's a dookie time deck list:

Cloudpost 4
    Glimmerpost 4
    Vesuva 2
    Thespians stage 1
    dark depths 1
    bojuka bog 1
    karakas 1
    maze of ith 1
    forest 8
    khalni garden 1
    tabernacle of pendrall vale 1
    glacial chasm 1
    nephalia academy1
    eye of ugin 1

ugin, the spirit dragon 2
    emrakul, the aeons torn 1
    emrakul, the promised end 1
    kozilek, the great distortion 1
    ulamog, the ceaseless hunger 1
    ulamog, the infinite gyre 1

ancient stirrings 4
    crop rotation 4
    expedition map 4
    candelabra of tawnos 2
    ratchet bomb 2
    pithing needle 3
    warping wail 3
    sylvan library 1
    eureka 2

sb

faerie macabre 2
    krosan grip 2
    oblivion sower 1
    silent arbiter 1
    spatial contortion 3
    all is dust 1
    pulse of murasa 1
    thought-knot seer 2
    relic of progenitus 2
    What makes me curious is the one of Pulse of Murasa in your side. What in the world is that going in against?

Quote Originally Posted by Skriger View Post
    What makes me curious is the one of Pulse of Murasa in your side. What in the world is that going in against?

pulse is actually pretty handy against burn, delver and even sultai. can mess with their deathrite/discard plans. i think i need a duran orb for delver/burn but trying for now. i usually run obstinate baloth x 2 in sb for burn and lili decks.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

went 3-1 this week at legacy with a very solid G/r list. Matchups were MUD prison, nicfit, u/r delver (close loss via misplay), dark maverick:

// Lands
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [V12] Glacial Chasm
    1 [TSP] Forest (4)
    1 [GTC] Thespian's Stage
    1 [CS] Dark Depths
    2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    4 [EXP] Wooded Foothills
    3 [FUT] Grove of the Burnwillows
    3 [R] Taiga

// Creatures
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 [BFZ] Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 [GPX] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    2 [C15] Inferno Titan

// Spells
    4 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [RTR] Pithing Needle
    4 [ZEN] Punishing Fire
    3 [HOU] Mirage Mirror
    1 [US] Sneak Attack
    2 [LG] Sylvan Library
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos

// Sideboard
    SB: 3 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 [EMA] Nature's Claim
    SB: 3 [FNM] Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 [CHK] Through the Breach
    SB: 3 [EX] Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 2 [SH] Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 [OGW] Kozilek's Return

Some of the odd choices were made via weird availability of cards, 1 sneak, 1 breach, 1 koz return would all be adjusted pretty heavily. Still unsure about candelabra or not. it performs a rather important mana fixing role, but suffers from a very similar curve weakness as candelabra, and similar mid-range explosiveness. Will require serious testing to see if the two together are overkill or synergistic. Mirror is definitely staying though.

Huge MVP's were inferno titan, punishing fire, inferno titan, and inferno titan. Will very likely go upto 3, ifnot 4.

::EDIT:: To include simple tournament report

Round 1 vs my teammate Jeff Carpenter. We just spent the last 90 minutes building our decks together face up using each others ideas strongly. So we know each other's 75, as well as this being a cloudpost mirror, him on Colorless 12post Prison with Mirror, me on RG 12post with Mirror. Mirror makes this matchup positively bonkers since you can absurdly ramp out of nowhere and off their candelabras/posts/dark depths so everything is a liability.

Game 1 is me landing a turn 3 sneak attack + activate + emrakul. Nice Show and tell deck non-blue deck.

Game 2 he locks me out hard with a turn 4 ulamog 2.0 after multiple spheres

Game 3 we have a real back and forth game with absurd amounts of action happening including a 20+ storm count resulting in 3+ kozilek casts into mirror/candelabra untapping galore into drawing emrakul 20 cards into my library to hardcast it. He had an emrakul of his own the next turn.

Round 2 vs Nic Fit. Honestly don't remember the matchup too well. Nic Fit already has issues with the deck, adding sneak attack and hasted titans via mirrors only made this even faster.

Round 3 vs Jacob Bard on UR.

Game 1 On turn 3 I opt to take myself off of double green at 14 life with x2 crop rotation in hand to give an uncounterable titan on turn 4. He kills me exactly with 1 lifegain saving me. Greedy greedy greedy.

Game 2 I have a turn 3 kozilek. He doesn't beat that.

Game 3 Is very back and forth, punishing fire countered with no groves to be found. Double delvers push my life total hard, and a crop into chasm saves me from 17 damage on one turn, but I am at 6 life and cannot stabilize due to failed land drops innumerably into an upkeep pop.

Round 4 vs Dark Maverick

Game 1 they stp an Inferno Titan (arbor/mom/thalia taken out), Primeval Titan, and the 2nd Primeval Titan does the deed. I had 11+ lands in play at the end.

Game 2 Is a near thing. They duress a crop and sylvan library while having their own. I am 1 mana away from either titan for 4 turns, and they assemble sfm -> knight -> scryb sprite, which doesn't go well for me.

Game 3 is a close recount to game 2, with heavy disruption on their part alongside a sylvan, but with my deck operating normally, I out-ramp them hard and can choose between kozilek/ulamog into either titan on turn 6 through disruption.

Finished X-1 for prize. huzzah.
    Last edited by Rock Lee; 07-18-2017 at 03:58 PM.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Mirage Mirror has me fully torqued. The only question seems to be, like Vesuva, how many to run. It's basically a permanent Stop sign against Lands, if not a free win. The important thing seems to be the fact that you can always do something with it, and whatever tricks you put around it will ultimately determine the right number. So far, though, the only time I've regretted having it in my hand was when I didn't have 3 mana, and the only time I've regretted casting it was when it got countered.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

Nov 2015
    Los Angeles

Did some testing yesterday with Mono Green with Mirage Mirror against UR Delver, Jeskai Delver, Food Chain, Vial Goblins.

// Lands
    1x Cavern of Souls
    4x Cloudpost
    1x Dark Depths
    1x Eye of Ugin
    7x Forest
    1x Glacial Chasm
    4x Glimmerpost
    1x Karakas
    1x The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1x Thespian's Stage
    3x Vesuva
    1x Wastes

// Creatures
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1x Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4x Primeval Titan
    1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    2x Walking Ballista

// Spells
    3x Candelabra of Tawnos
    4x Expedition Map
    3x Mirage Mirror
    3x Pithing Needle
    4x Crop Rotation
    4x Ancient Stirrings
    2x Sylvan Library
    2x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

// Sideboard
    1x Bojuka Bog
    3x Krosan Grip
    3x Sphere of Resistance
    4x Surgical Extraction
    4x Warping Wail

First off, I am really liking this build. Solid speed with answers that show up at the right time. I need to do some tweaking which i'll explain in a second. Secondly, Mirage Mirror. Overall, I like it a lot as well. Though it can feel like a dead card in hand early on. Either not enough mana to get it out and use or just a better card in hand to play. I feel it's a needed piece but I am probably going to cut down to 2. It did come down quite a bit with the delvers and had some fun interactions. I have a feeling it fits better into a Big Eldrazi or MUD builds because of their explosive starting mana.

I miss having song of the dryads, it was a great answer card. I am thinking of putting Mirage Mirror to 2 and adding a singleton All is Dust or a 3rd Sylvan Library.
    Sylvan Library in this build seems so strong. It helped keep my ramping to be as efficient as possible and with glimmerpost, the additional draws were not an issue.

The food chain matchup was always tough. If I had no pithing needle, it was essentially a race to get Ulamog or Emrakul up as quickly as possible. Post sideboard gave me a little bit of a better stance But I am not a fan of this sideboard still.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

The food chain matchup was always tough. If I had no pithing needle, it was essentially a race to get Ulamog or Emrakul up as quickly as possible. Post sideboard gave me a little bit of a better stance But I am not a fan of this sideboard still.
    If Food Chain is a problem in your meta, what you need is Phyrexian Revoker. Needle only works if your opponent doesn't understand that Food Chain is a mana ability. Past that, tax effects are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    If Food Chain is a problem in your meta, what you need is Phyrexian Revoker. Needle only works if your opponent doesn't understand that Food Chain is a mana ability. Past that, tax effects are the way to go.
    Or just Krosan Grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Nov 2007
    Finland

Needle is for Walking Ballista (I assume.)
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    Needle is for Walking Ballista (I assume.)
    Ah, could be. We have one Food Chain player in my area but he wins with Tidespout Tyrant, so I forget Ballista exists. Another card to look into is Cursed Totem.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Ah, could be. We have one Food Chain player in my area but he wins with Tidespout Tyrant, so I forget Ballista exists. Another card to look into is Cursed Totem.
    Grip/nature's claim are usually enough for me in this matchup. Obviously running red makes this match easier too.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Grip/nature's claim are usually enough for me in this matchup. Obviously running red makes this match easier too.
    For sure. The other thing is that I've moved away from maindeck Pithing Needle. While it still doesn't really help against Food Chain, no Needles main means I still want some sort of stop sign out of the board, so I tend to run Revoker - which happens to be very strong against most combo decks - and Cursed Totem.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

I played through five rounds of shenanigans last night. Mirage Mirror has simply blown me away. I went back to some of my older, Boozecube-inspired C/g lists so I could dig for it with Ancient Stirrings, and so far it's been amazing. My losses were mostly self-inflicted mistakes related to mis-using the Mirror. It even kept me alive against Lands when all eight of my basic lands were exiled. Matchups were Jeskai Stoneblade, Portent Miracles (or whatever they call it these days), Death and Taxes, Belcher, and Lands. Being able to accelerate off a single Cloudpost is also fantastic. Numbers might need a small tweak in some direction, but right now my big question with Mirror is "how many"?

1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    7 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    2 Maze of Ith
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Thespian's Stage
    4 Vesuva
    1 Wastes
    4 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Mirage Mirror
    1 All Is Dust
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Warping Wail
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

SIDEBOARD
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Krosan Grip
    2 Spatial Contortion
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Silent Arbiter
    Last edited by Zotmaster; 07-30-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Hello there. I've been reading this topic since i've decided to start playing legacy, back in march, and for a couple of months I'm playing a titan list in my lgs. There's a montlhy event with 30~40 players and a diverse and pretty competitive metagame, altough around 50% of that diversity are combo decks. This deck isn't really well positioned there, but it's super fun to play it, and I don't mind being the underdog.

With that said, let's get to business. This is the current iteration I'm trying. The former had a white splash main with swords to plowshares, more basics, veteran explorer and no warping wail main. It wasn't so consistent. Sideboard was still very drafty, as I'd never played legacy and didn't knew the field I was geting into. That version got me a 3-2-2 in my first event (with both draws being games I was about to win), and a 4-3 in the second. The version below I think is more streamlined but got me a 0-4-drop just today. I don't think is a particular fault of the deck, all the games were pretty close (got paired against: merfolk, dredge, punishing jund (very favourable, terrible draws. the only 0-2 i've had) and enchantress), but there's certainly room to improve it. Here it is:

MAIN DECK
    LANDS (26)
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    3 Windswept Heath
    4 Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Thespian's Stage

DEVELOPMENT (14)
    3 Elvish Spirit Guide
    3 Explore
    2 Sylvan Scrying
    1 Sylvan Lybrary
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya

PROTECTION (14)
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Warping Wail
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Moment's Peace
    1 Oblivion Stone

TITANS (6)
    3 Primeval Titan
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

SIDEBOARD
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Temple Garden
    1 Melira, Sylvok Outcast
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Ramunap Excavator

Some unusual choices and my thoughts about them:
    - Sylvan Scrying over Expedition Map: As I'm trying chalice on the side. I don't like to tap out on turn 2,but it still wasn't a problem.
    - Elvish Spirit Guide: They double the chances of Titan turn 3 (the other possibility being of explore turn 2), which in turn means eldrazi titan turn 4 if primetime gets to attack, turn 5 otherwise. Most importantly though, is that elvish spirit guide let me develop my Posts army while holding crop rotation in hand, without the need of the turn 1 forest left open for protection. Also, it's the only way of getting chalice turn 1.
    - Chalice on the side: Lots of combo in my field. It still haven't seem play, and is a very last minute addition I'm not totally certain about. I'm taking out pithing needle in most of the 'chalice on 1' matchups anyway, except URx Delver, where getting wasteland'ed is a good cost to shutting the rest of the deck. Crop rotation is the only other 1-drop of the deck.
    - Fetches: To shuffle bad topdecks seem from sylvan library, and to get a white source from the side to hardcast gaddock teeg and qasali pridemage when they come in. It has the con of fueling enemy's DRS, and many times i have to crack it turn 1 because of the low green sources count, instead of use it later with sylvan library in play. If I didn't play it, I would come back to playing more basics and veteran explorer (another way to fuel a primetime turn 3, if i get to chump block)
    - No ancient stirrings: It isnt like C/g, I'm really depending on zenith and other green cards to develop my gameplan.
    Numbers I'm still not confident: 3 over 4 primeval titans, 4 over 3 warping wails, fetches as stated above, 1 over 0 dryad arbor (i'm almost throwing it out already)

Was gonna post a metagame breakdown of my lgs from the second event to give context of what I'm going against, but couldn't find the file. But it was a bit over 15% reanimator decks and another 15% delver decks, total of 50% combo (reanimate, dark depths, storm and some 1-ofs, like food chain, belcher, even twin) and the rest evenly split between aggro (mostly delver, 2 or 3 stompy decks, and other midranges like bant and jund) and control (mostly stoneblade, but also 1 pox, lands, bug, and no 4c leovold). There were at least 3 infect, hence the melira in the sideboard.

I'm very very open to suggestions on where to improve (other than my plays, of course :P)

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdi View Post
    Hello there. I've been reading this topic since i've decided to start playing legacy, back in march, and for a couple of months I'm playing a titan list in my lgs. There's a montlhy event with 30~40 players and a diverse and pretty competitive metagame, altough around 50% of that diversity are combo decks. This deck isn't really well positioned there, but it's super fun to play it, and I don't mind being the underdog.

With that said, let's get to business. This is the current iteration I'm trying. The former had a white splash main with swords to plowshares, more basics, veteran explorer and no warping wail main. It wasn't so consistent. Sideboard was still very drafty, as I'd never played legacy and didn't knew the field I was geting into. That version got me a 3-2-2 in my first event (with both draws being games I was about to win), and a 4-3 in the second. The version below I think is more streamlined but got me a 0-4-drop just today. I don't think is a particular fault of the deck, all the games were pretty close (got paired against: merfolk, dredge, punishing jund (very favourable, terrible draws. the only 0-2 i've had) and enchantress), but there's certainly room to improve it. Here it is:

MAIN DECK
    LANDS (26)
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    3 Windswept Heath
    4 Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Thespian's Stage

DEVELOPMENT (14)
    3 Elvish Spirit Guide
    3 Explore
    2 Sylvan Scrying
    1 Sylvan Lybrary
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya

PROTECTION (14)
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Warping Wail
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Moment's Peace
    1 Oblivion Stone

TITANS (6)
    3 Primeval Titan
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

SIDEBOARD
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Temple Garden
    1 Melira, Sylvok Outcast
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Ramunap Excavator

Some unusual choices and my thoughts about them:
    - Sylvan Scrying over Expedition Map: As I'm trying chalice on the side. I don't like to tap out on turn 2,but it still wasn't a problem.
    - Elvish Spirit Guide: They double the chances of Titan turn 3 (the other possibility being of explore turn 2), which in turn means eldrazi titan turn 4 if primetime gets to attack, turn 5 otherwise. Most importantly though, is that elvish spirit guide let me develop my Posts army while holding crop rotation in hand, without the need of the turn 1 forest left open for protection. Also, it's the only way of getting chalice turn 1.
    - Chalice on the side: Lots of combo in my field. It still haven't seem play, and is a very last minute addition I'm not totally certain about. I'm taking out pithing needle in most of the 'chalice on 1' matchups anyway, except URx Delver, where getting wasteland'ed is a good cost to shutting the rest of the deck. Crop rotation is the only other 1-drop of the deck.
    - Fetches: To shuffle bad topdecks seem from sylvan library, and to get a white source from the side to hardcast gaddock teeg and qasali pridemage when they come in. It has the con of fueling enemy's DRS, and many times i have to crack it turn 1 because of the low green sources count, instead of use it later with sylvan library in play. If I didn't play it, I would come back to playing more basics and veteran explorer (another way to fuel a primetime turn 3, if i get to chump block)
    - No ancient stirrings: It isnt like C/g, I'm really depending on zenith and other green cards to develop my gameplan.
    Numbers I'm still not confident: 3 over 4 primeval titans, 4 over 3 warping wails, fetches as stated above, 1 over 0 dryad arbor (i'm almost throwing it out already)

Was gonna post a metagame breakdown of my lgs from the second event to give context of what I'm going against, but couldn't find the file. But it was a bit over 15% reanimator decks and another 15% delver decks, total of 50% combo (reanimate, dark depths, storm and some 1-ofs, like food chain, belcher, even twin) and the rest evenly split between aggro (mostly delver, 2 or 3 stompy decks, and other midranges like bant and jund) and control (mostly stoneblade, but also 1 pox, lands, bug, and no 4c leovold). There were at least 3 infect, hence the melira in the sideboard.

I'm very very open to suggestions on where to improve (other than my plays, of course :P)

Build looks solid, but I question spirit guide. I know they're important for turn 1 chalice, but what else? In a perfect world, those guides would be tops, due to the flexibility in top. Guides are really only good for turbo depths. If you're worried about combo game 1, maybe try an ancient tomb in side for wail. can also mainboard a trinisphere or two.

Another idea for candle-less builds is for a natural order plan. that would also keep spirit relevant assuming you have enough green dudes to sack. the natural order builds are nice with green suns pakcage.

sideboard looks decent maybe try dawnstrider in melira spot. better for other racing matchups like eldrazi, elves etc.

if you continue building the white splash, try leyline of sanctity and sacred ground. cheers !

Nov 2015
    Los Angeles

Taking a modified version of the mono green a previously posted to a tournament on Sunday. -1 Wastes ; +1 Maze of Ith ; -1 Mirage Mirror ; +1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. I removed Warping Wail and waste since this particular build is very ramp heavy. Maze of Ith seems to handle the Meta a little better. 2nd Ulamog felt better than the 3rd Mirage Mirror. 2 Mirage Mirror feels like a solid improvement to the deck.

I need a little assistance with sideboard. Last tournament had almost 15% Grixis Delver, and 23% total delver variants. 12% Sneak and Show or other variants. Followed by 8% Death and Taxes. This is out of 75 players recorded and typical meta environment.

Here is the current Sideboard:

1x All Is Dust
    1x Bojuka Bog
    3x Krosan Grip
    2x Song of the Dryads
    1x Pithing Needle
    3x Sphere of Resistance
    4x Surgical Extraction

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas? All is welcomed.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Here is the current Sideboard:

1x All Is Dust
    1x Bojuka Bog
    3x Krosan Grip
    2x Song of the Dryads
    1x Pithing Needle
    3x Sphere of Resistance
    4x Surgical Extraction

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas? All is welcomed.
    4 Surgicals might be a bit much. I'd definitely want to fit something like Ratchet Bomb in here: relying on getting to 7 mana - virtual or otherwise - to take out multiple things seems dangerous. If you're expecting Grixis, DnT, Elves, or Bug, you can usually get pretty good value out of it. Dismember might not be bad, either. You're also pretty soft to Storm: the deck is very good at blowing through a single piece of hate, and 3 Spheres won't help you much against a turn 1 discard spell. You might also want to consider turning that last Needle into a Phyrexian Revoker: it helps address all flavors of combo, from Sneak and Skill to Storm and whatever else. I think finding room for something like Ratchet Bomb should be first, though.

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Not sure how on the pulse everyone is, but apparently Miracles (no joke!) just won the latest MKM tournament in Europe. Hopefully it picks up steam so our natural prey returns. :-)

That being said, I haven't been brewing yet...but I feel lost in legacy without this deck. My plans coming up is to start working on tuning the RG mirror list that Rock Posted a while ago.

Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    Not sure how on the pulse everyone is, but apparently Miracles (no joke!) just won the latest MKM tournament in Europe. Hopefully it picks up steam so our natural prey returns.
    Honestly, I feel like the matchup is worse for us post-Top ban. Miracles tends to durdle less now and run more hard counters. My experience so far is that they tend to slam Jace and ride that to victory. Portent cast on you is also extremely annoying, especially in conjunction with the aforementioned Jace or an Unexpectedly Absent. And of course, Monastery Mentor is still a pain in the ass out of the board. Cavern plays are as strong as ever, but if you don't have access to that, the matchup definitely feels worse.

Thread Information