Page 325 of 338 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by aedrew View Post

One idea I want to test going forward is Sandwurm Convergence in the Ugin Slot. I like that you can Show and Tell it in and think it might help the Grixis Delver matchup because it let's us clog up the ground while also stopping air attacks and Grixis struggles to answer enchantments. It also sounds quite nice versus Reanimator, Sneak and Show, and Marit Lage decks. I have tested it once against Miracles. It won the game, but didn't particularly shine in this matchup. I did find the double green hard to get, making me cast it a few turns later than I could have cast an Ugin.
    During my hiatus, I would occasionally play UG Eureka/Show. I did a lot of testing with Sandwurm Convergence. I was testing it over Ugin because when everything happens at the same time, needles/revokers could come down and name Ugin. IThere are a couple things I recollect from my testing of SW Convergence.
    -Against Grixis Delver they can not remove it, however... assuming they have DRS, they can still drain you out before you can wurm them. (This situation happened to me on mtgo.)
    -Delver will have spell pierce/daze/FoW, so it's not trivial to get it into play.
    -UB reanimator can still tidespout tyrant it to beat you. It's a solid lock against the rest of the deck.
    -Sneak and Show can beat it if they have cunning wishes.
    - I tended to board it in against any fair deck because the constant supply of 5/5s is hard for most decks to deal with.

I posted this on the 12Post FB group yesterday.

I ran a BUG version of Post for the first time at a local 16 person tournament today. This was the list:

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Forest
    1 Island
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Glacial Chasm

3 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    1 Cyclonic Rift
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Crop Rotation
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Toxic Deluge

Sideboard:
    4 Flusterstorm
    1 Show and Tell
    2 Moment's Peace
    2 Krosan Grip
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

This list is very similar to one posted by user MechTactical on the Source and one played to a 2nd place finish (out of 63 people) by European player Steve Van Den Bulck, so I give them all the credit for pioneering the deck design. Entry to this particular tournament today was by invite only to cap off Arizona's year-long Legacy series, so I had a general idea about which decks I was likely to face. I finished a dismal 2-3, beating UWr Stoneblade and Turbo Depths and losing to Infect, Esper Delver and Aggro Loam. Despite the poor showing, the strategy felt solid and was a refreshing change from my UG No Show, No Titan brew I've been playing since Top was banned. It's definitely worth testing if you own the cards, and I will be working on developing it in the near future.

I won't go into details about each match, but I have some general insights from the tournament today.

- The most notable quality of this build that made it feel unique was the great color fixing. Between Deathrite Shamans and increased numbers of dual lands and fetchlands, there was much greater access to colors than any version of played before. If felt weird having three or four color sources in play and being able to do something as color intensive as Brainstorm into Abrupt Decay in a single turn. But it was easy to do here.

- Due to those manabase changes, the deck seemed to play more like a conventional deck rather than focusing as hard on ramping as most builds before it. After playing creatures and casting the black spells as disruption, I found myself several times hardcasting a Primeval Titan without already having a Cloudpost in play.

- The black additions were great. The Deathrites made all of the color fixing possible, as well as accelerating spells and serving as a maindeck form of graveyard hate. Toxic Deluge was the black card I was most excited about, as it finally provides a cheap sweeper for the deck, but Abrupt Decay ended up performing the best. It hit Delvers, Blood Moon (when floating mana) and Chalice of the Void, among other things. And all of this was as a maindeck card.

- I didn't see too many Snapcaster Mages over the course of the day, but I found them useful the couple of times that I did find one, re-using a Ponder and a Crop Rotation. The prospect of replaying a Show and Tell makes me really want to continue trying the card. More testing will hopefully determine whether it is a worthwhile inclusion.

Before Top was banned, I never strayed too far from a very general list. There would be slight tweaks in my maindeck disruption and sideboard slots, but typically the quantities of several of the cards would always be the same. Besides the addition of a third color in this build, there were several breaks from my usual 12Post deckbuilding philosophies. It felt like I may be losing my religion or something, but a lot of my fears of the deck construction were allayed after today.

- After playing my previous UG brew since Top was banned, I felt so happy to finally be casting Show and Tell and Primeval Titan again. I think a lot of my enjoyment of this deck was simply going back to these powerful cards that I always used to auto-include. Deathrite Shaman, Show and Tell and even Primeval Titan himself take the pressure off of needing a Cloudpost in play. Including Primeval Titan is definitely the direction I want to be heading from here on.

- Other than the two sideboard Pithing Needles, there were no artifacts included in the deck. This was a refreshing change, turning off most artifact hate I encountered. Some opponents even named Candelabra of Tawnos and Expedition Map with their own Needle. Even though I have always thought maindeck Needle was necessary, this version seemed to play fine with only the two sideboarded ones. As mentioned before, Deathrite, Show and Titan all lessen the dependency on Cloudpost. There is also the ability to replay a Crop Rotation via Snapcaster Mage. Also, Wasteland seems like it has been at an all-time low in the metagame, most likely due to the prevalence of Deathrite.

- I was skeptical about lists only running three copies of Deathrite Shaman (seems like a card you would want four of, especially in Post where opponents will direct their removal at it immediately), but three is definitely the correct number. Sometimes I would draw a second one that I did not want.

- People have consistently been dropping the number of Vesuva in their lists, but I have always valued the card to include at least three. At some points, another copy or two would have been helpful (especially when grabbing Glimmerposts off of Primeval Titan triggers), but I think just one is fine. Being less focused on ramp makes the Vesuva not as important. Also, the one copy of Thespian's Stage can be like another Vesuva, and it provided a ton of utility for me today.

- I have always liked old Kozilek over the new one, but in light of all the crazy changes happening with this deck, I decided to add the new Kozilek and try it out. Unfortunately, it never came up once today. In theory, his countering ability should handle a wide variety of threats, as there are more two and three converted mana cost cards in this build than other versions. Also, with the good permanent removal offered by the black cards, the Annihilator of the original Kozilek is probably not as necessarily.

This BUG list was truly a breath of fresh air for me with the 12Post archetype, and I will probably be focusing on tuning this list moving forward. The playstyle changes quite a bit, which makes it challenging and more rewarding for me; it's been a long time since I've actually have to think about the colors of the lands I fetch up. And we might as well abuse Deathrite Shaman before it gets banned, right?

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by into_play View Post
    There is a facebook group? Can someone please tell me what to search for to so I can join it? I tried looking but couldn't actively search it up.

...And we might as well abuse Deathrite Shaman before it gets banned, right?
    I mean it happened with treasure cruise! With the addition of black to the manabase, I'm shocked you aren't playing duress/thoughtseize/collective brutality to help out in the combo matchups.

Speaking of which, I've contemplated building a GB 12post deck for quite some time, as it gives access to hand disruption and creature removal, I never could come up with a list I liked.

I ran a BUG version of Post for the first time at a local 16 person tournament today. This was the list:
    Great to see someone finally picked up the list. You reminded me to play BUG again. I've been toying around with all sorts of weird sh##, but that list is probably one of the more competitive lists I've run since the top ban. I started testing again, and I maybe like diabolic edict. It may prove to be a great addition if not in the main at least in the side. It's easy to cast and gets rid of stuff like TNN plays well against sneak, reanimator, etc. It also pitches well to new kozilek at 2cmc. I prefer the new kozilek; I often tutor for him against combo decks (against storm he's my only Eldrazi post-board). So I tend to build a good mana curve for him in my lists (especially now that top is gone...).
    In general, BUG-post runs differently then UG, and you'll probably need more practice to pilot this thing correctly. I've made a ton of misplays since I started testing again. in any event, I guess Steve proved that BUGpost is competitive...

Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    There is a facebook group? Can someone please tell me what to search for to so I can join it? I tried looking but couldn't actively search it up.
    Our Lady of Annihilation - 12 Post Discussion Group

Jun 2015
    North Carolina, US

You have beaten me to the punch on experimenting with BUG, so I have some questions:

1) I've been skeptical of Toxic Deluge because of the life cost - did you find that to be a problem?
    2) What is your evaluation of Collective Brutality in a BUG build?
    3) How helpful is the one-of Sylvan Library?

Quote Originally Posted by mykatdied View Post
    Our Lady of Annihilation - 12 Post Discussion Group
    How much worthwhile discussion goes on in the Facebook group that does not also happen here? I'm not on Facebook so I want to know what I'm missing.

Have people tried the following cards:

Mirage mirror - the utility is insane and it has the ability to give creatures pseudo haste and vigilance. I found that a few opponents find it extremely scary to face.

Amulet of vigor - I am running 3 as budget candelabras but they are so good that I am going to keep them and 1 candelabra. They are a 1 mana investment for (in 1 case) 10 mana off prime time to cast newlamog.

End bringer - it seems quite useful and I'm testing it out in my side, but haven't gotten it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    Have people tried the following cards:

Mirage mirror - the utility is insane and it has the ability to give creatures pseudo haste and vigilance. I found that a few opponents find it extremely scary to face.

Amulet of vigor - I am running 3 as budget candelabras but they are so good that I am going to keep them and 1 candelabra. They are a 1 mana investment for (in 1 case) 10 mana off prime time to cast newlamog.

End bringer - it seems quite useful and I'm testing it out in my side, but haven't gotten it yet.

I run 3 mirage mirrors along side 3 Krosan Wayfinder. Hear me out, last week I led with turn one Krosan Wayfinder, sac and put cloud post in play. Turn 2: play vesuva copying cloudpost, tap cloudpost and forest for 3 mana play mirror. Turn 3: play cloudpost. Tap one cloudpost for 3 mana. Activate mirror for 2 copying cloudpost. 1 mana floating. Tap the cloudpost, vesuva and mirror for 12 mana and ullamog exiling 2 lands. Follow up with a ancient stirrings found emrakul.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdgychild View Post
    I run 3 mirage mirrors along side 3 Krosan Wayfinder. Hear me out, last week I led with turn one Krosan Wayfinder, sac and put cloud post in play. Turn 2: play vesuva copying cloudpost, tap cloudpost and forest for 3 mana play mirror. Turn 3: play cloudpost. Tap one cloudpost for 3 mana. Activate mirror for 2 copying cloudpost. 1 mana floating. Tap the cloudpost, vesuva and mirror for 12 mana and ullamog exiling 2 lands. Follow up with a ancient stirrings found emrakul.
    It took a while but I found out you mean wayfarer haha.

It seems quite interesting and good at stopping lifeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    It took a while but I found out you mean wayfarer haha.

It seems quite interesting and good at stopping lifeline.
    of course he is not as good as deathrite shawman but he can be better sometimes and i play this deck for fun/competitive so i go for bigger over consistency

Quote Originally Posted by k_omega View Post
    How much worthwhile discussion goes on in the Facebook group that does not also happen here? I'm not on Facebook so I want to know what I'm missing.
    I would say that it is about the same amount in general. Recently this has been busier. The benefit of the group on facebook is that you get notifications. Tapatalk maybe does that, but I don't really like the UI... honestly I hate facebook too so I am not really sure what I am on about.

Hey guys, I made a discord server for anything related to decks playing the 12-post manabase, and that also includes this deck! (obviously!) Feel free to join and we can ask on the fly about deck choices, questionable keeps/plays, and any other terrible ideas we may have!

https://discord.gg/95wjxNf

For those that splash red, what's your thought on the new blood sun enchantment?

Hey so I'm on the Colorless Eldrazi Post deck and I've been crushing cockatrice and I just crushed FNM with this list
    FNM: Grixis Delver 2-1
    BUG Death's Shadow 2-1
    Death and Taxes 2-0

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Thespian Stage
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Endbringer
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

2 All Is Dust

1 Ugin, The Spirit Dragon

2 Basalt Monolith
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Voltaic Key

4 Faerie Macabre
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Warping Wail
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

Only Changes I'm contemplating are Spatial Contortion for Sphere of Resistance. With 4 Chalice and 3 Trinisphere idk if I ever need sphere and more ways to kill revoker/teeg/delver seem great. Please let me know your thoughts, I've been testing immensely and really love this list.

Ground out 4 side events at GP Santa Clara with my slightly modified versions of my UG Post list from a few pages back.
    Did not do very well, but thought I would share the experience.

Event 1 (1-2)
    Round 1 v. ANT: Lose turn 2 game 1. Bring in Forces, Flusterstorms, Surgicals, Tabernacle, Mana Maze. I have Force, Blue card, Brainstorm. He turn 1 Git Probes. This may have been wrong, but I Brainstorm to hide force on top of my deck. He then wins, with discard to spare. Played a third match for practice and also lost, but came a lot closer as I had several turns to find something before he made 20 goblins.
    Round 2 v. UW Helm Combo: He main decked Back to Basics, but I still won through it with EE and Ugin. I threw away game 2 after having the board locked down. I tapped out to deploy Primeval Titan instead of just holding up hard cast Force of Will while he had RiP on board an really nothing in hand (I had seen from a Mindslaver effect). Of course, he top decks Helm and wins on the spot. Game 3 he just raced me pretty fast with the helm combo and the shroud enchantment for protection. This match up actually seems pretty favorable, but I am not familiar with the deck and did not play well.
    Round 3 v. Grixis Delver. Played against a player not that familiar with Legacy. Took game 1 with Titan chaining Glimmer posts after he spent the early turns just cantripping. Game 2, he has me struggling to survive with Delver and DRS, but I play a turn 3 Tabernacle and he speeds through right to draw without paying then realizes the error and scoops.

Event 2 (3-0)
    Round 1 v. Lands: Basically just crush in two games with multiple Pithing Needles and Perilous Voyage to bounce Lage. He tries to survive with Glacial Chasm but can't hold out forever against Titan or Sandwurm Convergence.
    Round 2 v. MUD: We have some fun when we realize that the Locus lands count all Locusi in play. I get to hard cast Big Emrakul with help from his posts and take game 1. Game 2, I show and tell in a Big Emrakul to his Blightsteel Colossus. The resulting attack shrinks Emrakul to a 4/4, but he can't come back from the annihilator triggers.
    Round 3 v. Lands: Similar to Round 1. In game 2, I have Sandwurm Convergence but he us using Loam and Mana Bond to recur Ghost Quarter and Glacial Chasm each turn. However, I am able to Perilous Voyage the Mana Bond EOT and he scoops because he thinks he does not get the trigger and cannot put his Chasm into play (against like 5 Wurms at this point). Later, a judge told us that Mana Bond is errated to trigger at begining of end step, not "discard", and he would still get the trigger. I still think I would have taken the game though, since he would need to discard Mana Bond and could not longer loop.

Event 3 (1-2)
    Round 1 v. 4c Loam: Game 1 I S&T a turn 4 Titan, he puts in a Knight. Seems okay, but then he untaps and plays Liliana of the Veil, kills Titan and starts tutoring Wastelands. Game 2, multiple Wastelands and I don't find needle. Beat pretty handily.
    Round 2 v. Eldrazi Stompy: Don't remember much here but took it in 2 games with my slightly bigger guys, eventually casting Ulamog twice in a turn in game 2 to wipe his permanents and get the flawless victory.
    Round 3 v. ANT: we split but played it out for practice. I lost both games, but actually saw a failure rate where I didn't die until turn 5 or 6 game 1.

Event 4 (1-2)
    Round 1 v. Eldrazi Stompy: Game 1 I feel pretty good to S&T a turn 3 Little Emrakul, but he just untaps and plays Karakas. Then I can't survive the TKS hand disruption and beat down. Game 2, a string of multiple Wastelands plus TKS end it for me.
    Round 2 v. Grixis Delver: I take game 1 off of Titan and chained Glimmerposts. Game 2 I buy a lot of time with Tabernacle and Elephant Grass, but this just gives him time to build a great hand and I can never resolve my threats. Game 3 goes similar. I think I mistakenly use my counter magic to stop some of his threats when I should use it more to force my threats through his counter magic. In retrospect, it is likely that I can win if any of my threats get on the board so he did whatever he could to stop that from happening.
    Round 3 v. Czech Pile: Game 1, all the time in the world to cast the big guys and take it. Game 2, more of the same. I resolve a Sandwurm Convergence and he cantrips and card draws for days, but just can't deal with it. This one card won me the game despite him drawing like over half his deck and me pretty much not resolving any other relevant spells.

ANT seems unwinnable, so any advice for this matchup for UG lists? I am also now pretty set on 4 Pithing Needles as it made so much difference against Wasteland decks. Again, Grixis Delver feels close and I think there are not really any killer cards to bring in, but more of a need to adapt my playstyle and learn the ins and outs of the matchup.

Sidenote: I saw Tony Murata on BUG Post, doing quite well in the main event. Congrats.

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

Great finish for Tony and his team!

Would really love to read a report about his way in the legacy section of the GP.
    Legacy: Big Eldrazi | Food Chain
    Modern: GriselShoal | Ponza

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHerC View Post
    Great finish for Tony and his team!

Would really love to read a report about his way in the legacy section of the GP.
    Congrats, but where the f is his decklist??!! are they so slow at putting up this thing or am i just bad at surfing the net??

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

They "only" posted the Top8 lists.
    Legacy: Big Eldrazi | Food Chain
    Modern: GriselShoal | Ponza

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Hey guys!

Haven't been playing MTG lately since joining the Army but I've slowly gotten back into it and I used to be an avid player of Gr Cloudpost. Here's my list for critique:

Lands: 28
    3x Wooded Foothills
    2x Vesuva
    1x Thespian's Stage
    3x Taiga
    4x Forest
    1x Karakas
    4x Glimmerpost
    1x Eye of Ugin
    1x Dark Depths
    4x Cloudpost
    2x Cavern of Souls (might be dropping to 1x)
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Dryad Arbor

Creatures: 10
    1x Magus of the Candelabra (just a tech I'm trying with GSZ)
    1x Thought-Knot Seer
    1x Mina and Denn, Wildborn
    4x Primeval Titan (MVP)
    1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Spells: 23
    3x Green Sun's Zenith
    2x Kozilek's Return
    3x Warping Wail
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    3x Ancient Stirrings
    4x Crop Rotation
    2x Expedition Map
    3x Pithing Needle
    1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon (2x more are in the SB)

The side is a WIP so I won't share it, but what do you guys think of this? As of now it has game vs a bit of the field while struggling against Combo, which is why I run Thorn main.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    Hey guys!

Haven't been playing MTG lately since joining the Army but I've slowly gotten back into it and I used to be an avid player of Gr Cloudpost. Here's my list for critique:
    Personally I never played gr. Maybe you can try rock lee’s punishing fire / inferno titan build, if you’re not happy with your list?

Thread Information