Page 48 of 338 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    Yeah I agree that those end games are nothing to rely on, without permission leading up to it but they are at least relevant. I feel better playing the interaction game and working towards a SnT, Glen, venser, Mage or permanent in hand over having a Goyf or something. Even as lame as the repeal bounce is, it is at least some borrowed time..which then the density hopefully allows the game to continu. I approach TES with a just-get-to-next turn attitude, because we also have a combo finish..

I want to talk about reanimator, you know a deck with more than 2% of the meta. I've found crops to be a little fragile without very good crop and counter spell hands, so in similar fashion to Chalice I added a cage as my trinket 'destination' but cannot decide if it should be a crypt for speed concerns..
    Grafdigger's Cage has the added bonus of being useful against Elves, but is dead against storm. I personally think the card is dead, and were I to run a reanimator-hate card in the Trinket Mage slot, it would likely be AEther Spellbomb. As you know well Tim, but apparently out combo players don't, one of the reasons the deck has so many counters in the side, is that against the vast majority of combo decks, you can simply include counters, side out combo pieces, and play the control deck.

Apr 2008

Second this! This should happen all across The Source. All matchups.
    I offered. They ignored it. Of course. Better to slander, and lay a last punch-and-leave approach than actually test. Who does that? Blasphemous.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    I offered. They ignored it. Of course. Better to slander, and lay a last punch-and-leave approach than actually test. Who does that? Blasphemous.
    Not checking this thread for a few hours due to work isn't "ignoring". I'd love to throw around a few Tendrils afterwork. Time zones could be annoying.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

@tim Harding.

Just made a thread for grudge matches in community board lol. It'd be pretty sweet to watch if you two (rock/lem) can actually organize something

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    @tim Harding.

Just made a thread for grudge matches in community board lol. It'd be pretty sweet to watch if you two (rock/lem) can actually organize something
    Could be useful if Jerry calms down a bit. I dislike the aggressive tone over the last 3 pages
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Not checking this thread for a few hours due to work isn't "ignoring". I'd love to throw around a few Tendrils afterwork. Time zones could be annoying.
    You're confused. I made a post 2 pages back saying I would gladly settle this with extensive playtesting online, but you continued along the same line of anecdotal parlance. I am not upset in the slightest. As with anyone in this thread, I simply shoo away people who won't substantiate their claims with testing.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

You're confused. I made a post 2 pages back saying I would gladly settle this with extensive playtesting online, but you continued along the same line of anecdotal parlance. I am not upset in the slightest. As with anyone in this thread, I simply shoo away people who won't substantiate their claims with testing.
    I don't know how extensive those tests can be considering my work schedule and Family obligations, but a few games should be possible at times.

I'd prefer this thread going back to discussing the deck and not a particular matchup anymore. This thread deserves better than the last pages. :)

Join us at Facebook!

Apr 2008

Bane of Progress has some interesting merit.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Bane of Progress has some interesting merit.
    Better than spine?

Apr 2008

Better than spine?
    Much better than spine, as you can bring it in against most forms of aggro and kill off of your own artifact overload. Sadly no way to abuse top draws with it without insane cards inclusions, but I would bring this in against anything running vial, stoneforge, or chalice.

Apr 2008

Restore is also interesting, but needs instant or cantrip.

I've been playing the list below on mtgo. So far, this are my results (in no specific order):

1x W vs Miracles
    2x W vs Esperblade
    2x W vs RDW
    2x W vs Doomsday
    2x W vs Jund
    1x L vs Shardless Bug
    1x L vs Goblins
    1x W vs Elves
    1x W vs Painter Stone
    1x W vs Hide Tide

The only highlight this version offers in the 4x Swan Song, which in my opinion is very powerful in this deck and is one of the main reasons I've been able to maintain a high winning percentage.

Deck: Turbo Eldrazi

//Main
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Vesuva
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Island
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    4 Primeval Titan
    4 Swan Song
    4 Show and Tell
    2 Pithing Needle
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Expedition Map
    4 Repeal
    4 Brainstorm

//Sideboard
    4 Flusterstorm
    2 All is Dust
    3 Thragusk
    1 Pitihng Needle
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    3 Venser, Shaper Savant

Display deck statistics

Quote Originally Posted by MtgVector View Post
    I've been playing the list below on mtgo. So far, this are my results (in no specific order):

1x W vs Miracles
    2x W vs Esperblade
    2x W vs RDW
    2x W vs Doomsday
    2x W vs Jund
    1x L vs Shardless Bug
    1x L vs Goblins
    1x W vs Elves
    1x W vs Painter Stone
    1x W vs Hide Tide

The only highlight this version offers in the 4x Swan Song, which in my opinion is very powerful in this deck and is one of the main reasons I've been able to maintain a high winning percentage.
    Vector, have you been testing in Dailys, or just single matches?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Funk View Post
    Vector, have you been testing in Dailys, or just single matches?
    These are all from 2-man q's. I rarely have time to play DEs, if I do, I would play this. Normally I play decks I personally have success with, which is the case with the list I posted.

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Tempt with discovery
    Sorcery Rare
    Tempting offer — Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Each opponent may search his or her library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. For each opponent who searches a library this way, search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then each player who searched a library this way shuffles it.

Could this be useful in the deck? If you are playing three opponents you can get up to four lands!

Quote Originally Posted by Maagler View Post
    Tempt with discovery
    Sorcery Rare
    Tempting offer — Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Each opponent may search his or her library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. For each opponent who searches a library this way, search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then each player who searched a library this way shuffles it.

Could this be useful in the deck? If you are playing three opponents you can get up to four lands!
    Wouldn't Oracle of Mul Daya/Explore/Crop Rotation usually be better?

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Quote Originally Posted by 203995014 View Post
    Wouldn't Oracle of Mul Daya/Explore/Crop Rotation usually be better?
    Not when you are playing against multiple people, or drunk like me...

Tempt with discovery
    Sorcery Rare

Keep in mind that for most opponents, this can be used to find wasteland, so you'll net one land a lot of the times.

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

There if is also a new card that destroys all nonbasic lands that could be bad for us.

There if is also a new card that destroys all nonbasic lands that could be bad for us.
    Yeah, that's bad. Not sure if it would spawn new archetypes that abuse it or it will just add onto heavy red-based decks, but I don't consider it a game changing card as long as it's counterable.

Thread Information