Page 55 of 338 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

What up!

I've been playing 12 post for more than 6 months now we succes, i've played anything from the UG list, Bonfire madness, Mono G and so on.
    The thing is that i have a pretty big event comming up and i cant decide on what to witch build to play.
    I expect to see alot of: D&T, BUG, RUG, Elves, Miracles, Combo ( Storm, Omni ) and other TNN based decks. right now i feel like the UG list with main board needles are the best choices and a counter heavy sideboard.

What do you guys think ?
    Would be nice with some help on the sideboard aswell :)

Freedom is just as essential as air
    Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Funny you mention the monogreen, because I am testing a larger red splash than just bonfire, with the sneak attacks that a previous poster mentioned, somethingsomethingdot and am loving it. :D

List pending. Likely bringing it to the GP.
    Would you consider going straight ?

ok the talk I have seen with sneak attack isn't very good. if you want to play sneak attack you should probably play sneak and show. the deck is consistent, what you guys are doing is not.

I will be making the trip to dc this weekend and playing a list I have been doing well with the last few months. if you want something consistent in the form of 12 post I would play something close to the list below. hope to meet you rock lee and talk a little about the deck this weekend.

Creatures (7)
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Lands (25)
    1 Island
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas

Spells (28)
    2 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Expedition Map
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Repeal
    4 Show and Tell

Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Oblivion Stone
    2 Elephant Grass
    4 Flusterstorm
    2 Venser, Shaper Savant
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    ok the talk I have seen with sneak attack isn't very good. if you want to play sneak attack you should probably play sneak and show. the deck is consistent, what you guys are doing is not.
    Hi there. I checked your twitch channel after you said you put some videos up from testing. Could you link me to them because I'm having trouble finding it/them.

I will be making the trip to dc this weekend and playing a list I have been doing well with the last few months. if you want something consistent in the form of 12 post I would play something close to the list below. hope to meet you rock lee and talk a little about the deck this weekend.

Creatures (7)
    4 Primeval Titan

Lands (25)
    1 Island
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas

Spells (28)
    2 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Expedition Map
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Repeal
    4 Show and Tell

Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Oblivion Stone
    2 Elephant Grass
    4 Flusterstorm
    2 Venser, Shaper Savant
    Looks good. Quick question: what are your thoughts on Swan Song for the sideboard?

Nov 2007
    Finland

Neeley, a really solid list. Go for it. I would still like to suggest some sweepers in maindeck, mainly Oblivion stone - to have more outs to random crap like Blood moons.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Nov 2012
    Bologna, Italy

I agree with Neeley, i think we should really be sure the builds we want to post here are competitive, before doing so.
    I have the impression that with TNN popularity growing rampant, sneak and show decks will be on rise too, simply because they don't care a thing about a non-flying 3/1, together with more u/r builds that instead play it. That means blood moon could be a more common threat, and that's why i suggest you to swap you fetchlands into a full playset of misty rainforest, cutting a vesuva while adding a basic forest. I know, sometimes you'll hate it, but it also could help you mulliganing less, having a colored additional land that could provide a mana usually not employed by those who are running blood moons.

Also, i'm seeking for your help guys. This sunday there's a local legacy event usually attended by 70 or so ppl, the same i top8ed last month with this deck. There's usually a wide variety of decks, with a particular accent on delverish and bug ones and i was looking for a build that could stand a chance against the most of them. Last month i was playing with just 3 mainboard show and tell, then realized that i wanted the full set in almost every game (except omnitell/sneak-show obviuously) so i want to find room for the 4th. Here's my list:

Creatures (10)
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Oracle of Mul-Daya
    1 Trinket Mage

Lands (26)
    1 Island
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Tropical Island
    3 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Forest
    1 Breeding Pool

Spells (24)
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    2 Expedition Map
    3 Pithing Needle
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Repeal
    3 Show and Tell
    1 Green Sun's Zenith

Sideboard
    3 Chalice of the Void
    4 Flusterstorm
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant
    2 Swan Song
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Repeal
    1 Show and tell (but i want to put this in maindeck, so it's a free slot)

What would you suggest? Thanks

May 2013
    Paris, France

Creatures (7)
    4 Primeval Titan

Lands (25)
    1 Island
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Vesuva
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas

Spells (28)
    2 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Expedition Map
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Repeal
    4 Show and Tell

Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Oblivion Stone
    2 Elephant Grass
    4 Flusterstorm
    2 Venser, Shaper Savant
    Solid list.

What do you likely side out for Chalice ? I guess it is for Storm MU ? so Chalice @ 0 & 1.

I would strongly recommend to replace 1 vesuva with 1 Cavern of souls, obv naming "Giant". Sometimes, life or death is all about being able to resolve a Titan against Tempo.decks.

Good luck for the GP.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

My Cell is 860-719-3022. Feel free to message me during the event. I'm going down late Friday night.

I think i will be playing swan song over flusterstorms actually. i like it because it can counter blood moon and sneak attack

Apr 2008

I think i will be playing swan song over flusterstorms actually. i like it because it can counter blood moon and sneak attack
    Wise. As mentioned during the swan song discussion. And for a few other reasons like silence on turn 3+, the card omniscience/dream halls, among random hate cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Solid list.

What do you likely side out for Chalice ? I guess it is for Storm MU ? so Chalice @ 0 & 1.

I would strongly recommend to replace 1 vesuva with 1 Cavern of souls, obv naming "Giant". Sometimes, life or death is all about being able to resolve a Titan against Tempo.decks.

Good luck for the GP.
    i have often thought about doing this with cavern and i still may just so i can resolve the titan against rug.

against storm i usually take out the repeals, needles, and chasm and bring chalice and flusterstorm and even venser some time for a card like glacial chasm.

My Cell is 860-719-3022. Feel free to message me during the event. I'm going down late Friday night.
    alright i will be down sometime friday as well.

Apr 2008

alright i will be down sometime friday as well.
    6 hour drive for me, so by "late friday, I really mean arriving in DC after work in the 1-2 am range."

6 hour drive for me, so by "late friday, I really mean arriving in DC after work in the 1-2 am range."
    Almost 8 for me but i am taking friday off

Almost 8 for me but i am taking friday off
    One of you better make it to a camera match :P

Jan 2013

So are their any thoughts on Restore?

Granted, room is tight in the version of the deck, but a mono- or more focused deck could make use of this to retrieve lost Cloudposts or Tropical Islands that were hit with Wasteland or Crop Rotation. And the most intriguing aspect is that we get to steal our opponents' lands from their graveyard if we so desire instead. So we can take a fetch, colored source, or their Wasteland to pop them back.

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    So are their any thoughts on Restore?

Granted, room is tight in the version of the deck, but a mono- or more focused deck could make use of this to retrieve lost Cloudposts or Tropical Islands that were hit with Wasteland or Crop Rotation. And the most intriguing aspect is that we get to steal our opponents' lands from their graveyard if we so desire instead. So we can take a fetch, colored source, or their Wasteland to pop them back.
    They're reasonably cheap so I may pick some up, but my initial, not-having-tested-it reaction is that the card is terrible. Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:

- Recycling our own lands would probably be rare. As it is, the deck has very few ways to actively bin its own lands: Crop Rotation, fetchlands (if you're even running them; I'm not right now), and Glacial Chasms that you opted to let go. I can't say it would never make sense to recycle a Glacial Chasm, but it seems pretty unlikely. Considering that the number of times you would ever Rotate your own Cloudpost would be incredibly small (not saying that it would never happen, just that it's exceedingly unlikely), odds are you'd only retrieve a land that produced one mana. More on this later. Basically though, the card is already pretty bad because it would almost always require us to Rotate something before we'd ever get anything out of our own graveyards.

- Okay, we can dig lands out of our opponent's graveyard, too. What, then, would be there? Certainly nothing we put there ourselves. Wasteland? Sure, but in order for it to get there, my opponent still has to get (and use) it on me. I'm running Pithing Needle main again: ideally, I'd just as soon have my opponent not be able to use his Wasteland at all. And speaking of Wasteland, I'm not sure it's really that big of a deal anyway. If Wasteland was that vital to our strategy, we'd be running them. Expanding on that, if we wanted to recur them, we'd run Crucible of Worlds. And in a meta where Wasteland is already everywhere, if a deck like RUG Delver can still get away with running what, 6-8 colored mana sources, then I'm inclined to believe getting hit with a Wasteland doesn't exactly blow them out. Thus, it seems more likely to me that if we're getting lands out of their graveyard, they're probably fetchlands, which means all we're doing is accelerating by one mana. Which brings me to my next point:

- At a mana cost of 1G, if all we want to do is accelerate, we can do much better. First off, I'd always prefer pulling lands out of my deck. At 1G, here are some relevant cards Restore would be competing with: Edge of Autumn, Explore, Farseek, Land Grant, Life From the Loam, Living Wish, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Summer Bloom, Sylvan Scrying. You'll note that some of those cards are awful and would have no business ever being in a Legacy deck. Yet if all I'm doing with Restore is getting a land that produces one mana onto the battlefield, you could argue that even Rampant Growth would actually be better as it at least has the decency to pull that land out of my deck.

- Last, and perhaps most importantly, Deathrite Shaman eats Restore for lunch.

Again, I haven't tested it yet, but in my (obviously not expert) analysis, "situationally worse than a Rampant Growth and utterly useless against a Deathrite Shaman" is not where we want to be in power level.

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    They're reasonably cheap so I may pick some up, but my initial, not-having-tested-it reaction is that the card is terrible. Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:

- Recycling our own lands would probably be rare. As it is, the deck has very few ways to actively bin its own lands: Crop Rotation, fetchlands (if you're even running them; I'm not right now), and Glacial Chasms that you opted to let go. I can't say it would never make sense to recycle a Glacial Chasm, but it seems pretty unlikely. Considering that the number of times you would ever Rotate your own Cloudpost would be incredibly small (not saying that it would never happen, just that it's exceedingly unlikely), odds are you'd only retrieve a land that produced one mana. More on this later. Basically though, the card is already pretty bad because it would almost always require us to Rotate something before we'd ever get anything out of our own graveyards.

- Okay, we can dig lands out of our opponent's graveyard, too. What, then, would be there? Certainly nothing we put there ourselves. Wasteland? Sure, but in order for it to get there, my opponent still has to get (and use) it on me. I'm running Pithing Needle main again: ideally, I'd just as soon have my opponent not be able to use his Wasteland at all. And speaking of Wasteland, I'm not sure it's really that big of a deal anyway. If Wasteland was that vital to our strategy, we'd be running them. Expanding on that, if we wanted to recur them, we'd run Crucible of Worlds. And in a meta where Wasteland is already everywhere, if a deck like RUG Delver can still get away with running what, 6-8 colored mana sources, then I'm inclined to believe getting hit with a Wasteland doesn't exactly blow them out. Thus, it seems more likely to me that if we're getting lands out of their graveyard, they're probably fetchlands, which means all we're doing is accelerating by one mana. Which brings me to my next point:

- At a mana cost of 1G, if all we want to do is accelerate, we can do much better. First off, I'd always prefer pulling lands out of my deck. At 1G, here are some relevant cards Restore would be competing with: Edge of Autumn, Explore, Farseek, Land Grant, Life From the Loam, Living Wish, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Summer Bloom, Sylvan Scrying. You'll note that some of those cards are awful and would have no business ever being in a Legacy deck. Yet if all I'm doing with Restore is getting a land that produces one mana onto the battlefield, you could argue that even Rampant Growth would actually be better as it at least has the decency to pull that land out of my deck.

- Last, and perhaps most importantly, Deathrite Shaman eats Restore for lunch.

Again, I haven't tested it yet, but in my (obviously not expert) analysis, "situationally worse than a Rampant Growth and utterly useless against a Deathrite Shaman" is not where we want to be in power level.
    I started testing a rough draft MonoG 12-Post on Cockatrice and there is one relevant difference between every card you mention and Restore:

Restore puts the land into play untapped (sans its own EtBT effects), no hoops, no loops (except maybe Living Wish, which I might try anyway). And this was relevant in the first game I played against Burn.

T1: Forest, pass
    O1: Mountain, Chain Lightning, their EoT, I Crop Rotate into Cloudpost
    T2: Forest, Restore the first Forest, pass.
    O2: Mountain, Hit me for 3 and suspend Rift Bolt, pass, I crop Rotate into a second Cloudpost their EoT.
    T3: Vesuva Cloudpost, Candelabra of Tawnos (make , use to untap my lands), Kozilek.

I won that game, but honestly it was luck because on his next turn he didn't have the mana to Skullcrack (I saw it after the game) on top of lethal damage, so I got away with a third Crop Rotation into Glimmerpost in response to lethal Fireblast. I think this is an example of exactly what anyone would want from the card, but the problem is that it's only one game.

I also goldfished against my MUD-Post deck (1-1 by the way), and I didn't see Restore but once game 2, but it didn't really make a difference other than I didn't feel worried to blow Oblivion Stone with my Pithing Needle out calling Wasteland and my "opponent" controlling a Wasteland because I could fish either land back and still leave my MUD-Post crippled. So my initial tests come back "more testing needed". Especially since I didn't stay long enough to come across any decks.

Lastly, I didn't run into any Deathrite Shamans (I'd goldfish/search for a deck that runs them but I have to get back to schoolwork for the rest of the night), but I'm not going to let Deathrite be that discouraging.
    Last edited by Mockingbird; 11-16-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Jun 2012
    Worcester

Looks like we have a post deck, in day 2!
    x-2
    Let's hope for better match UPS!

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sublime love View Post
    Looks like we have a post deck, in day 2!
    x-2
    Let's hope for better match UPS!
    Is it Dan Neeley, Jeremiah Rudolf, or someone else?

Thread Information