Page 61 of 338 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

Dec 2013
    Europe

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Cacks View Post
    Sorry if this is a noob-ish question, but are all 3 Eldrazi needed? Is it just the different casting costs, or do the alternative options for the triggered abilities matter? I can see that the vindicate of Ulamog could be necessary, but if you're resolving an Eldrazi, do you ever really need the draw 4 of kozilek - one would have thought that an extra turn from Emrakul and annihilator 6 would be better in almost every circumstance?
    IMO you need all 3 Eldrazi to be on the safe side. They can be tutored by Eye of Ugin and solve different problems. No repeal in hand, and opponent resolved a humility ==> go for Ulamog.
    Kozilek's draw...well, drawing 4 Cards is always strong, no question. Plus the anhilator-buddy himself^^ You're right, that Emrakul is the #1 to cast. But sometimes you have to switch to plan b : Show and tell + Eldrazi (instead of titan). With only one Eldrazi in deck it can take too long to find him (crop for eye of ugin, pay another 7 for searching, pay 3 for SnT, so you are at 11, difficult in early state of game).

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Went undefeated in my local gauntlet (that is nothing to scoff at), with this Dollar-monstrosity version. It was incredibly savage.

// Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [LG] Karakas
    3 [LRW] Island (1)
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    4 [GP] Repeal
    4 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    3 [M12] Ponder

// Sideboard
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 4 [THS] Swan Song
    SB: 3 [PLC] Venarian Glimmer
    SB: 1 [FUT] Venser, Shaper Savant
    SB: 3 [ZEN] Mindbreak Trap

I only lost one game, and it was due to greed. The thing is relentlessly fast when it wants to be, or incredible at stalling/controlling.

With Chalice @ 1 decks at an all time low, going to 25 cmc 1 spells isn't as greedy as I thought. And with Abrupt Decay not dominating due to TNN, it is THE time to ramp up Candelabra count.

Even for cheapest TCG prices, this current version is over 2,000$. So not for the weak of heart, or paycheck. Remember all that warning I gave about keeping your playset of Candelabras when I was placing with low-candelabra lists? Well TNN tipped the meta towards candelabras and then some.
    Congrats!

Can you write a few lines about your matches, and especially how you boarded against them?

Hope you're right with increasing candelabras...just going to buy my third one

The real me is no match for the legend.
    Oct 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Cacks View Post
    Sorry if this is a noob-ish question, but are all 3 Eldrazi needed? Is it just the different casting costs, or do the alternative options for the triggered abilities matter? I can see that the vindicate of Ulamog could be necessary, but if you're resolving an Eldrazi, do you ever really need the draw 4 of kozilek - one would have thought that an extra turn from Emrakul and annihilator 6 would be better in almost every circumstance?
    The applications of Ulamog and Emrakul are pretty self-explanatory, but the most pressing question is usually "Why Kozilek?" It's a lot of different, if situational, factors.

There are a great many games where my hand is (or is nearly) empty by the time I cast an Eldrazi. Kozilek fills your hand regardless of his fate (unless he runs into a Stifle). Getting four more cards is no joke, as it digs even deeper than Sensei's Divining Top. Especially in my (cheapo) version, which isn't running blue, I need to see as many cards as possible to have a chance.

When you look at it from a cost perspective, Kozilek is actually pretty mana efficient. Even without Annihilator or draw four, Kozilek is a 12/12 for 10, or often even 8 mana. He is easier to cast than Ulamog while also being larger than Ulamog. Kozilek and Ulamog are also prime targets to eat a Swords to Plowshares: that extra two life sometimes makes a difference. And speaking of easier to cast, if you play long enough there will be a game where you're holding an Ulamog in hand with either 8 or 10 mana on the board, cursing the gods of randomness that you don't have that extra single mana to cast him. An Eldrazi on the battlefield is a game-changer. An Eldrazi in your hand is a piece of cardboard that you hopefully put in a sleeve.

Finally, Eldrazi are still vulnerable to hate. I've seen my Emrakul eat a Slaughter Games and Surgical Extraction before. While neither situation is terribly common, you're going to be unhappy when multiple copies of the same Eldrazi get ripped out of your deck because you didn't run, say, Kozilek.

If you're like me, you'll be skeptical about the value of Kozilek when you first run the deck. But run him. He'll pay out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    The applications of Ulamog and Emrakul are pretty self-explanatory, but the most pressing question is usually "Why Kozilek?" It's a lot of different, if situational, factors.

There are a great many games where my hand is (or is nearly) empty by the time I cast an Eldrazi. Kozilek fills your hand regardless of his fate (unless he runs into a Stifle). Getting four more cards is no joke, as it digs even deeper than Sensei's Divining Top. Especially in my (cheapo) version, which isn't running blue, I need to see as many cards as possible to have a chance.

When you look at it from a cost perspective, Kozilek is actually pretty mana efficient. Even without Annihilator or draw four, Kozilek is a 12/12 for 10, or often even 8 mana. He is easier to cast than Ulamog while also being larger than Ulamog. Kozilek and Ulamog are also prime targets to eat a Swords to Plowshares: that extra two life sometimes makes a difference. And speaking of easier to cast, if you play long enough there will be a game where you're holding an Ulamog in hand with either 8 or 10 mana on the board, cursing the gods of randomness that you don't have that extra single mana to cast him. An Eldrazi on the battlefield is a game-changer. An Eldrazi in your hand is a piece of cardboard that you hopefully put in a sleeve.

Finally, Eldrazi are still vulnerable to hate. I've seen my Emrakul eat a Slaughter Games and Surgical Extraction before. While neither situation is terribly common, you're going to be unhappy when multiple copies of the same Eldrazi get ripped out of your deck because you didn't run, say, Kozilek.

If you're like me, you'll be skeptical about the value of Kozilek when you first run the deck. But run him. He'll pay out in the end.
    Very well said. The cards your opponent wastes on that card will give you insane card advantage which that alone can change games. Sometimes I'll even choose this card over Emrakul if I have the option to go both because of this.

If you're trying to find space for some cards and are REALLY desperate to the point where you have to cut an eldrazi, I would first cut Kozilek but he is simply too good to not include.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by 203995014 View Post
    Very well said. The cards your opponent wastes on that card will give you insane card advantage which that alone can change games. Sometimes I'll even choose this card over Emrakul if I have the option to go both because of this.

If you're trying to find space for some cards and are REALLY desperate to the point where you have to cut an eldrazi, I would first cut Kozilek but he is simply too good to not include.
    The reason for Kozilek is also related to multiples of 3. Kozilek is castable with 15 mana and ugin. That value is 3 cloudpost, 1 candelabra, and ugin. Ulamog is 16 mana, which fails this pivotal land distribution. Additionally, being the cheapest of the eldrazis, often you want to hold back Ulamog for an emergency removal, but you want to generate overwhelming advantage. Kozilek is often the "first" cast of the eldrazis, all assuming I can't just win with emrakul.

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Went 5/1/1 at Die hard games In RI with this list, finishing in 9th place. Bad breakers are bad.

The (exceptionally standard) List:

// Lands
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    3 Vesuva
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas

Creatures:
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    2 Trinket Mage

Spells:
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Show and Tell
    3 Repeal
    2 Expedition Map
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Ostone

Sideboard:
    1 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will
    4 Flusterstorm
    3 Swan Song
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant
    1 Glen Elandra

I beat Elves, ANT, Deathblade, Junk, and Ichorid. I lost to BUG delver, and drew with burning ANT.
    Last edited by Maagler; 12-11-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Maagler View Post
    Went 5/1/1 at Die hard games In RI with this list, finishing in 9th place. Bad breakers are bad.

The (exceptionally standard) List:

// Lands
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    3 Vesuva
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas

Creatures:
    4 Primeval Titan
    2 Trinket Mage

Spells:
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Show and Tell
    3 Repeal
    2 Expedition Map
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 Pithing Needle

Sideboard:
    1 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will
    4 Flusterstorm
    3 Swan Song
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant

I beat, Elves, ANT, Deathblade, Junk, and Ichorid. I lost to BUG delver, and drew with burning ANT.
    Nice showing!

Dec 2013
    Europe

Played a small tournament today, and failed :-/ Only 4 rounds, 1-1-2... but first of all my list:

Lands:

4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    3 Vesuva
    4 Tropical Islands
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith

Creatures:

4 Primeval Titan
    2 Trinket Mage

Spells:

4 Crop Rotation
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Repeal
    2 Expedition Map
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    2 Pithing Needle

Sideboard:

4 Force of Will
    4 Swan Song
    4 Flusterstorm
    1 Meekstone
    1 Engineered Explosives

Round 1 : UR Delver, 1:2

Game 1 an early SnT into Titan makes the game. Game 2 I failed, because I'm at 12 life, Titan trigger resolves, going for 1 Glimmerpost and Tabernacle, so 4 life and I'm at 16. My opponent casts Bolt eot, doesn't pay the upkeeps (1 Delver, 1 flipped Delver and Goblin Guide die), top-draws price of progress, 14 damage, no crop rotation ==> loss. Game 3 was insane, 3 early delvers plus 2 price of progress, again no crop rotation :-/

Game 2 : BUG Agent, 2:1

He plays no Wastelands, Game 1 for me (SnT, Titan..). Game 2 I didn't find a single Cloudpost nor a tutor...Game 3 he plays Thoughtseize, Hymn, but can't stop me, playing Cloudpost, Cloudpost, Trop, Glimmerpost, Eye of Ugin...

Game 3 : Patriot 1:1

Can't remember many details, but round 2 took too long, so it was a draw

Game 4: Elves 0:2

Game 1 I play SnT into Titan, he places a fetchland and goes for Dryad Arbor eot. Draws, Cradle, Behemoth, attacks (3 creatures @7 plus Behemoth himself) and wins. Games 2 I board in Tabernacle & Explosives. Both on starting hand! But he draws cradle, pays for Tabernacle. Early Primal Order into Progenitus forces me to crop for chasm, and I crack the Explosives. Next turn to Deathrite Shamans, big trouble! Can resolve a SnT into Emrakul, but opponent has to many permanents, including Progenitus. I swing for 15, he is @3, and wins.

Again I played 61 cards, yes. Didn't know what to cut for Maze of Ith...I love the card! Did a great job again, in combo with Candelabra. I guess I'll cut Needles down to 1 and switch the other to SB for mainboard Meekstone. Not sure about Tabernacle, perhaps it has to leave.

Another idea is -1 Trinket Mage, + 1 Oracle of Mul Daya.

A third Expedtion Map would be nice, but don't know what to cut?

Did anyone test Amulet of Vigor? Seems like a nice 1 drop with mighty impact, since 8 lands cip tapped anyway, plus the Titan-lands...

Please feel free to critize, I would be very pleased for any kind of help/advice!

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    Played a small tournament today, and failed :-/ Only 4 rounds, 1-1-2... but first of all my list:

Lands:

4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    3 Vesuva
    4 Tropical Islands
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith

Creatures:

4 Primeval Titan
    2 Trinket Mage

Spells:

4 Crop Rotation
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Repeal
    2 Expedition Map
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    2 Pithing Needle

Sideboard:

4 Force of Will
    4 Swan Song
    4 Flusterstorm
    1 Meekstone
    1 Engineered Explosives

Round 1 : UR Delver, 1:2

Game 1 an early SnT into Titan makes the game. Game 2 I failed, because I'm at 12 life, Titan trigger resolves, going for 1 Glimmerpost and Tabernacle, so 4 life and I'm at 16. My opponent casts Bolt eot, doesn't pay the upkeeps (1 Delver, 1 flipped Delver and Goblin Guide die), top-draws price of progress, 14 damage, no crop rotation ==> loss. Game 3 was insane, 3 early delvers plus 2 price of progress, again no crop rotation :-/

Game 2 : BUG Agent, 2:1

He plays no Wastelands, Game 1 for me (SnT, Titan..). Game 2 I didn't find a single Cloudpost nor a tutor...Game 3 he plays Thoughtseize, Hymn, but can't stop me, playing Cloudpost, Cloudpost, Trop, Glimmerpost, Eye of Ugin...

Game 3 : Patriot 1:1

Can't remember many details, but round 2 took too long, so it was a draw

Game 4: Elves 0:2

Game 1 I play SnT into Titan, he places a fetchland and goes for Dryad Arbor eot. Draws, Cradle, Behemoth, attacks (3 creatures @7 plus Behemoth himself) and wins. Games 2 I board in Tabernacle & Explosives. Both on starting hand! But he draws cradle, pays for Tabernacle. Early Primal Order into Progenitus forces me to crop for chasm, and I crack the Explosives. Next turn to Deathrite Shamans, big trouble! Can resolve a SnT into Emrakul, but opponent has to many permanents, including Progenitus. I swing for 15, he is @3, and wins.

Again I played 61 cards, yes. Didn't know what to cut for Maze of Ith...I love the card! Did a great job again, in combo with Candelabra. I guess I'll cut Needles down to 1 and switch the other to SB for mainboard Meekstone. Not sure about Tabernacle, perhaps it has to leave.

Another idea is -1 Trinket Mage, + 1 Oracle of Mul Daya.

A third Expedtion Map would be nice, but don't know what to cut?

Did anyone test Amulet of Vigor? Seems like a nice 1 drop with mighty impact, since 8 lands cip tapped anyway, plus the Titan-lands...

Please feel free to critize, I would be very pleased for any kind of help/advice!
    Overall I like the list and I play a UG build that's very close to it. With Jund and co on the decline I've gotten away from trinket Mage in favor of an oracle and 4th show and I like the power level.

What I noticed:

M1, UR delver: when you resolve Titan you need to get chasm if you're going to pass the turn against a deck with that amount of reach. I side in counters, take out slow stuff and lean on repeal. Here 4 show and tell is strong.

M2, bug: generally went as planned, it's a good MU if you lean on top.

M3, patriot: Repeal and 4 shows. With blue seeing a huge spike with TNN I've put a cavern of souls back into my land base to really punish this deck and any blade deck.

M4, elves: Again, if you have to pass back against a deck with that potential you need to get chasm off Titan. That would save you, tabernacle does nothing really. If you show early deathrite shouldn't have enough fuel for a win. I side in counters and chalice, and treat it like straight combo.

Meekstone I find to be good but not good enough. I've cut tabernacle completely. The first three games I consider good matchups, and elves is rough but if you really keep to the Titan chasm plan it's better.

Best

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    Overall I like the list and I play a UG build that's very close to it. With Jund and co on the decline I've gotten away from trinket Mage in favor of an oracle and 4th show and I like the power level.

What I noticed:

M1, UR delver: when you resolve Titan you need to get chasm if you're going to pass the turn against a deck with that amount of reach. I side in counters, take out slow stuff and lean on repeal. Here 4 show and tell is strong.

M2, bug: generally went as planned, it's a good MU if you lean on top.

M3, patriot: Repeal and 4 shows. With blue seeing a huge spike with TNN I've put a cavern of souls back into my land base to really punish this deck and any blade deck.

M4, elves: Again, if you have to pass back against a deck with that potential you need to get chasm off Titan. That would save you, tabernacle does nothing really. If you show early deathrite shouldn't have enough fuel for a win. I side in counters and chalice, and treat it like straight combo.

Meekstone I find to be good but not good enough. I've cut tabernacle completely. The first three games I consider good matchups, and elves is rough but if you really keep to the Titan chasm plan it's better.

Best
    Thanks for your thoughts!

You're right, M1 is really winable, bad play by myself

Didn't get your idea with the Cavern? "Only" to force the Titan onto the battlefield?

Could you please post your Sideboard? Would like to take a view it.

At the moment, 2 creatures are really annoying to me: Delver & Deathrite. I did some studys again, and I found : Bow of Nylea. It's 1GG, that's really bad to cast, but I love 2 of it's 4 abilities : lifegain and shooting at Delvers. So in theory, it handles Delvers, egalizes at least one Deatrite or TNN...
    Last edited by Postman; 12-15-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: misread

Nov 2012
    Bologna, Italy

Went 4-1 last saturday in a small 25 or so people tournament, ending 3rd. Run a list pretty similar to Maagler's one. Lost 1st round to sneak and show, then proceed to win against Dredge, Death'n taxes and Merfolks, but lost to shardless BUG in the semis (top 4 only). In our last game he went turn 2 liliana, turn 3 jace, turn 4 agent cascading vision and tarmogoyf. Maybe more sweepers should come in handy... i'm still looking for wizards to print a card that's something like XXUU: take the control of all permanents with converted mana cost X or less, lol

Apr 2008

I don't normally post two concurrent lists. But here is my list that works alongside the list I am testing:

Known-to-work list. 4-0 at local event.
    U/G

// Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [LG] Karakas
    3 [LRW] Island (1)
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    4 [GP] Repeal
    3 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 [US] Show and Tell
    3 [M12] Ponder

// Sideboard
    SB: 3 [CMD] Flusterstorm

2nd List. TESTING
    B/U/G Post
    // Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [LG] Karakas
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    3 [R] Underground Sea
    1 [A] Bayou

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    2 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    4 [GP] Repeal
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [M12] Ponder
    3 [RTR] Abrupt Decay

// Sideboard
    SB: 4 [LRW] Thoughtseize

BUG list is very rough and sketchy, but I feel I didn't give abrupt decay enough testing, ponder lets you get greedy with manabases, and merfolk pushes just a bit too hard for my liking, relying on desperation plays that decay simply solves by being itself. Heightened candelabra count lets you decay off of a bayou, while decay solves chalice vulnerability. The real wiggle room cards are the Thoughtseize in the side, if Fow still belongs, or should just be mindbreak trapx4. 20 cards is generally the break point for FoW on turn 1 or not, and with shows out g2, we are at 21 so unsure. If Toxic Deluge belongs in the sb. etc. Normal early-color splash choices.

Dec 2013
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    I don't normally post two concurrent lists. But here is my list that works alongside the list I am testing:

Known-to-work list. 4-0 at local event.
    U/G

// Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [LG] Karakas
    3 [LRW] Island (1)
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    4 [GP] Repeal
    4 [US] Show and Tell
    3 [M12] Ponder

// Sideboard
    SB: 3 [CMD] Flusterstorm

2nd List. TESTING
    B/U/G Post
    // Lands
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [LG] Karakas
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    3 [R] Underground Sea
    1 [A] Bayou

// Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    2 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    4 [GP] Repeal
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [M12] Ponder
    3 [RTR] Abrupt Decay

// Sideboard
    SB: 4 [LRW] Thoughtseize

BUG list is very rough and sketchy, but I feel I didn't give abrupt decay enough testing, ponder lets you get greedy with manabases, and merfolk pushes just a bit too hard for my liking, relying on desperation plays that decay simply solves by being itself. Heightened candelabra count lets you decay off of a bayou, while decay solves chalice vulnerability. The real wiggle room cards are the Thoughtseize in the side, if Fow still belongs, or should just be mindbreak trapx4. 20 cards is generally the break point for FoW on turn 1 or not, and with shows out g2, we are at 21 so unsure. If Toxic Deluge belongs in the sb. etc. Normal early-color splash choices.
    Your 2nd lists looks interesting to me. For what reason is the single Bayou? At first glimpse a single Island came to my mind instead. And I just had to laugh when reading about Toxic D That's a card I looked at yesterday, seems pretty powerful to me in the current meta...Have you done any testing with it so far? Elves, DnT and so on could get crushed by it.

Apr 2008

Your 2nd lists looks interesting to me. For what reason is the single Bayou? At first glimpse a single Island came to my mind instead. And I just had to laugh when reading about Toxic D That's a card I looked at yesterday, seems pretty powerful to me in the current meta...Have you done any testing with it so far? Elves, DnT and so on could get crushed by it.
    I ended up putting an island back in, and changing fetches to deltas. Puts me at 9 black sources, which I am a bit iffy about, would prefer to be at 10 not including cropping trops for undergrounds. But that is just gut-instinct math for turn 1 black mana vs combo.

Bayou is there so you can abrupt decay off of either other U/G or U/B mana source, or use candelabra to abrupt decay off one land.

Only about 20 games of testing in so far, but ponder and heavy candelabras seem to be giving the consistency that was needed previously when I tested.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

saw a few turbo eldrazi decking wrecking havoc in Vegas the last weekend.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Thanks for your thoughts!

You're right, M1 is really winable, bad play by myself

Didn't get your idea with the Cavern? "Only" to force the Titan onto the battlefield?

Could you please post your Sideboard? Would like to take a view it.

At the moment, 2 creatures are really annoying to me: Delver & Deathrite. I did some studys again, and I found : Bow of Nylea. It's 1GG, that's really bad to cast, but I love 2 of it's 4 abilities : lifegain and shooting at Delvers. So in theory, it handles Delvers, egalizes at least one Deatrite or TNN...
    Here is my most consistent list - what I've ran with good success this week, and at a small small event:

Post.

[MD]
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva
    1 Cavern of Souls
    3 Island
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Bajouka Bog
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Expedition Map
    2 Candelabra of Townos
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Repeal
    4 Show and Tell

[SB]
    4 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swan Song
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant

I've tuned this to have a better chance against sneak & show and elves. Needles greatly improve both matchups. The sideboard features 15 side board cards against elves and 13 against omni/sneak, and 15 against storm/belcher. Not too mention 13 against burn.

Now, to shore up the main deck I've moved the strategy for fair matchups to be slightly more aggressive. With most fair decks being bug, patriot and TNN blade, I've pushed it to 4 shows. Rifling off one early almost every game. Also for more proactive possibilities I run an oracle. And now without mana denial being THE theme in legacy, the cavern has taken my forest to supply a very reliable line against all of the FOW that are in tier 1.

Ponder has tested decent for me in the past, but it does add a lot of strength to their counters in the tempo match.

Even when I ran DRS, the bug config was wayyy too stressful on the mana base because it relies so heavily on early turns, making it a totally different deck. Though, I've wanted thoughtsieze and deluge in. I've been fooling around with a list that is U/B with 4x ponder, 4x Thoughtseize, 3x deluge, 3 candle, 12 posts, 5 eldrazi. It isn't too bad, but won't report until there's much more info. Mostly what I've found is map carries a lot of the load and ponder finds the posts, when you think about it you almost never initiate a crop for a post, it's a reaction so you're trading green for that black power. Also e plague in the board is mint.

Dec 2011
    Spain

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this deck and I was wondering why don't we play Exploration maindeck? I remember old list (GW) run a playset.
    Thank you

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013
    France

What about Mox Diamond for the UGx versions? I know Rock Lee presented a list with it once... I'm guessing that without Trinkets now it is not worth it but the mana acceleration + fixing could help for those versions don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Island View Post
    What about Mox Diamond for the UGx versions? I know Rock Lee presented a list with it once... I'm guessing that without Trinkets now it is not worth it but the mana acceleration + fixing could help for those versions don't you think?
    I played with the one of mox in the earlier red version. It was nice to fix red with it, but it was only really useful to try for a t2 show and tell..which requires a lot of pieces in hand to pull off. I ended up cutting it when I moved back to U/G

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Island View Post
    I have been discussing and debating doing mox diamond testing. Still unsure where the cuts would be made. My gut tells me candelabra is the logical choice, which somewhat countermands my original choice of ponders. A logic knot.

Thread Information