Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern Masters

Re: Modern Masters

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    You haven't been here much, have you? Modern is the forum where The Source comes to bitch about Modern.
    I think you misunderstand me (or at least my statement at the beginning of this thread). I hate Legacy. It fuckin' sucks. Modern is pretty cool, and certainly better than Legacy. I could stand to see a blue based control deck in the format, but otherwise I'm pretty happy.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    I think you misunderstand me (or at least my statement at the beginning of this thread). I hate Legacy. It fuckin' sucks. Modern is pretty cool, and certainly better than Legacy. I could stand to see a blue based control deck in the format, but otherwise I'm pretty happy.
    Ah, my comment was not directed at yours. Check out any other thread in this section (Modern banned list one's a great starting point!) for chicken shit whiny bitching about Modern.

The official announcement is up if anyone wants to see.

The fact that the packs are $7 and Goyf was printed as a Mythic is pretty disgusting. The set is probably cheaper to make than normal sets (little design besides the draft format, probably less than 50% new art, no development) and Goyf is not some sort of Limited bomb that needs to be pushed to Mythic. The greed emanating from Wizards is astounding. I assume Cashseize, if it sees print in here, won't be at a sensible rarity like uncommon (what it should have been), and cards like Clique, Confidant, etc. will all be Mythic to get DAT CASHMONEY.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Yeah, damn them for reprinting all the cards everyone wanted to see reprinted! And the audacity for charging more than normal for all of these eternal format staples! WTF is this company doing, trying to make money?????

FUCK THEM!

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Yeah, damn them for reprinting all the cards everyone wanted to see reprinted! And the audacity for charging more than normal for all of these eternal format staples! WTF is this company doing, trying to make money?????

FUCK THEM!
    Ya tell me about it..fuck the capitalist corporation who's primary goal is to make money.

Two Explores.
    Apr 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican Zombie Legend View Post
    The fact that the packs are $7 and Goyf was printed as a Mythic is pretty disgusting. The set is probably cheaper to make than normal sets (little design besides the draft format, probably less than 50% new art, no development) and Goyf is not some sort of Limited bomb that needs to be pushed to Mythic. The greed emanating from Wizards is astounding. I assume Cashseize, if it sees print in here, won't be at a sensible rarity like uncommon (what it should have been), and cards like Clique, Confidant, etc. will all be Mythic to get DAT CASHMONEY.
    Yeah they should have just made Chronicles 2 and reprint all cards as commons.
    Humphrey is always correct.

- Someone was asleep during the MTG history class.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    Why do you post here?

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Snap_Keep View Post
    Why do you post here?
    In the Modern section? Because he just said he likes modern...

FUCK THEM!
    After reading my post again...damn..I must have been blazed out of my mind. No more herbal medicine and Souce-posting for this fool. Only drunk posting, like right now, where my writing is probably as not cogent, but less dramatic.

Sorry for the prima-donna douchebaggery, brothers. I think my previous post was definitely a little too, uh, loaded. But, I'm still a little dismayed by this product, because I don't think it will accomplish the goal it set out to do well enough. This set seems to be made with the intention of easing the barrier into Modern, which is a good thing. But $7 packs, a limited print run, and "strategically selected" mythics (like Goyf) seems like it will blunt any serious effect, which is quite a shame, because a lot of people want to get into Modern and want it to be the "accessible" eternal format.

I can understand when Wizards makes some decisions that screw the playerbase at large over. Making FTV sets a limited print run because those are basically thank-you-packages to stores, given to them to get a lot of markup profit on. Or curtailing reprints of Legacy/EDH staples to have a good stable of cards for the judge foil reards (gotta find some way to pay the judges). But this set seems like it's too much of a cash grab to really do what is intended. I don't see why they can't do thing differently, whether it be price point or rarity arrangement. Especially given that Wizards always claims they pay no heed to the secondary market, which makes certain actions seem really disingenuous here.

Especially given that Wizards always claims they pay no heed to the secondary market, which makes certain actions seem really disingenuous here.
    - When did they claim this? Everything they do seems to suggest the opposite.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Except both of those haven't been "killed" and are in fact still pretty popular.

Not sure if serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

But, I'm still a little dismayed by this product, because I don't think it will accomplish the goal it set out to do well enough. This set seems to be made with the intention of easing the barrier into Modern, which is a good thing. But $7 packs, a limited print run, and "strategically selected" mythics (like Goyf) seems like it will blunt any serious effect, which is quite a shame, because a lot of people want to get into Modern and want it to be the "accessible" eternal format.
    Didn't they/Forsythe explicitly say that this is basically a test, and they don't want to go overboard with it? You know what will happen if Modern Masters sells well? They will do it again. Have a little bit of patience. Modern is already accessible, IMO (obviously "accessible" is subjective). Sure, it may be prohibitively expensive to build Jund right now from scratch, but it's not like that's the only competitive deck. Every Modern deck doesn't need, or even want, Tarmogoyf. The cost of Modern "staples" seems less like the reason for people getting into Modern and more like an excuse.

in the last 2 years whenever WOTC puts money into something as a 'test' it doesn't end up going very well... planeswalker points if you will? Im all for Modern Masters, Ill be attending the GP, and Ill most likely buy a box or 2 and keep them sealed up in a closet somewhere. Other than that it doesn't bother me at all that the cards I have may or may not be worth as much as they may or may not have been worth X time from now. As for the dudes bitching about it being a cash grab..

DUH
    westcoast degeneracy

Why do you post here?
    Check my join date, son.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Why do you post here?
    "My name is Teenie Bopper. You killed my (favorite) format. Prepare to die!"

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    "My name is Teenie Bopper. You killed my (favorite) format. Prepare to die!"
    Nailed it.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Thread Information