Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] U/G Enchantress

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Re: [Deck] U/G Enchantress

https://www.twitch.tv/tylerjamesgardner/videos/all

has been playing the deck recently as well, and apparently it didn't only go as mediocre as in the videos I could find as he also popped up in today's 5-0 list : https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gue-2018-04-21

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Thank you for giving us some sources to watch our archetype in action. We're like an endangered species.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

After playing the classical GW build, I invested in Candelabras to try the "Fjaulnir list" that impressed me a lot.
    The later is so much better...
    I also play 6 strong legacy archetypes in paper (Miracles, Eldra stompy, Dragon stompy, Sultai midrange, Pox, Lands), and in this "mini-home meta" UG Enchantress simply has the best results.
    Of course against combo decks it is a whole different story, but post side we have interesting answers (In the Eye of chaos for instance).

My current build is the following :

Lands (20)
    1 Bayou
    5 Forest
    1 Karakas
    1 Savannah
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills

Artifacts (3)
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos

Enchantments (29)
    4 Abundant Growth
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    2 Mirri's Guile
    1 Moat
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne
    4 Song of the Dryads
    1 Sterling Grove
    2 Sylvan Library
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    2 Words of Wind

Creatures (8)
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Doomwake Giant
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    (15)

Side
    1 Back to Basics
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Humility
    1 In the Eye of Chaos
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Replenish

I don't like GSZ. I mean, it is an amazing card, but not here. Not enough different targets, and it is not an enchantment, and it reshuffles in your library. The enchantment ratio is key for this deck to be efficient. Playing without GSZ has a drawback : you will have to mulligan harder and more often, but that is worth it to me.
    I am not a big fan of Elephant grass MD neither : it simply does not do enough for me. Maybe in a Solemnity build ?
    Why 4 Song of the dryad versus 2 Oblivion ring / Cast out ? First it is never a dead card : being green means you can always be able to cast it when you need, and it is never a dead card since you can also mess with the opponent mana. Very precious against early Chalice or against walkers. Some might argue that it is nonbo with WoW, but in fact when I go WoW, it is for the infinite mana/draw/bounce so it makes no difference.

Not 100% sure about the side ; I just know I want to maximize my chances against Combo.
    I also tried a SB plan with RIP-Helm-Energy field that did well.
    Replenish was supposed to be an answer to All is Dust ; but in fact I usually combo off and win before they can gather their 7 mana to cast it.

Cheers

Florian
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Why 4 Song of the dryad versus 2 Oblivion ring / Cast out ? First it is never a dead card : being green means you can always be able to cast it when you need, and it is never a dead card since you can also mess with the opponent mana. Very precious against early Chalice or against walkers. Some might argue that it is nonbo with WoW, but in fact when I go WoW, it is for the infinite mana/draw/bounce so it makes no difference.
    Oblivion Ring has a big upside vs Show and Tell decks, but its a good card also.

Hi all,

I'm returning from a hiatus from MTG.

Previously, I played more or less a copy and paste of Andersen's list. I'd really like to incorporate the new black giant into the list, along with bringing in Serra's Sanctum. However, I can't afford, nor do I have access to, Candelabra's. Is it possible to play this list using CoF still? I also really like Eternal Witness in this list, from memory it allowed me to do fun shenanigans (like cycling CoF to bounce a permanent at instant speed with WoW, then E Wit CoF back to my hand so I don't lose my combo), but I don't think I can fit them in the list anymore;

My suggested list will be something like;

3 Misty Rainforest
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Forest
    1 Island

4 Argothian Enchantress
    3 Cloud of Faeries
    2 Doomwake Giant

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Abundant Growth
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Seal of Removal
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    2 Words of Wind

I've dropped the Living Wish and the wishboard in favour of Emrakul main.

Can I get some feedback on whether this would be viable? Would it be an improvement over the original list, or should I not bother? My biggest concern is the manabase, dropping from 9 basics to 5 for the inclusion of the black dual and the serra's sanctum's.

If feedback is positive, I'll be looking to pick up the sanctums asap as they are all I'm missing.

Cheers.

Sep 2015
    Canada

For starters, play 4 Misty Rainforests! That Island is very useful.

I still play a more or less standard MD version. I get spicy on the SB though. Here is the list:

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Taiga
    1 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    7 Forest
    1 Island

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Cloud of Faeries
    2 Eternal Witness

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Seal of Removal
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    2 Words of Wind
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Lignify

SB:

3 Paralax Nexus
    2 Bloodmoon
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Seal of Primordium
    2 Doomwake Giant
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Words of War
    1 Reclamation Sage

Although Serra's Sanctum gives a boost in speed, it adds too much variance for this kind of deck.

The version I play has been sweet in my local meta. People have started adding Patricia's Scorn and other enchantment hate because of the success I've been having.

I have always disliked having win cons in the deck as they are dead weights in early game, where you need as many useful pieces as you can.

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Turboninja View Post
    For starters, play 4 Misty Rainforests! That Island is very useful.

I still play a more or less standard MD version. I get spicy on the SB though. Here is the list:

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Taiga
    1 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    7 Forest
    1 Island

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Cloud of Faeries
    2 Eternal Witness

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Seal of Removal
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    2 Words of Wind
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Lignify

SB:

3 Paralax Nexus
    2 Bloodmoon
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Seal of Primordium
    2 Doomwake Giant
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Words of War
    1 Reclamation Sage

Although Serra's Sanctum gives a boost in speed, it adds too much variance for this kind of deck.

The version I play has been sweet in my local meta. People have started adding Patricia's Scorn and other enchantment hate because of the success I've been having.

I have always disliked having win cons in the deck as they are dead weights in early game, where you need as many useful pieces as you can.
    How do you close out games? Bounce their board and beat down? Or am I missing something?

Sep 2015
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by WarpWorld View Post
    How do you close out games? Bounce their board and beat down? Or am I missing something?
    It's exactly that. I Word's of Wind their whole board and beat with Cloud of Faeries. The way Andersen played the deck.

What sort of negative variance does Serra's add?

At the very least it just seems like a white source that can't be fetched, it'll almost always tap for more than 1?

Serra's Sanctum is not particularly interesting in the first turns, because 1. it does not produce a lot of mana yet, and 2. it doesn't give you green mana, which is what you want to build your board (My only white card maindeck is Sterling Grove, and Moat in the SB)

But once you have a few enchantments and a Candelabra, just throw in the Sanctum and hardcast Emrakul, or blow the opponent board with WoW :)
    Since you don't want it in the early stages, but once you're settled with your drawing engine, it does not add any variance.

In Turboninja specific build however, I agree that Sanctum is not necessary at all (no Candelabra, no Emrakul)
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

What is your experience with Seal of removal ?

I never tested it, but it sounds interesting, especially against combo.
    Is it good enough to fight Leovold ?

I haven't played the list in quite a time, so I've not played vs the Leovold decks.

But, in the WoW/CoF list, Seal of Removal was amazing; it helps vs reanimator, show and tell style decks, against general aggro (see; slowing their clock bouncing goyf). Furthermore, until you get WoW down, you can bounce your own CoF to generate extra mana.

In general, the card was really, really good.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

So with the format change, I've thought about trying it again. We are talking about updates on the Enchantress Discord.

Aug 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    So with the format change, I've thought about trying it again. We are talking about updates on the Enchantress Discord.
    Can I get the invite link?

Sep 2015
    Canada

Do you see any uses for Alpine Moon? I wonder if it would warrant a SB spot as there are many situations where it is useful. i.e. Dark Depths, Wasteland, Rishadan Port, Ghost Quarter, etc.

I already have Blood Moons in my SB, but I feel like Alpine Moon's mana cost might make it an easier include.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Turboninja View Post
    Do you see any uses for Alpine Moon? I wonder if it would warrant a SB spot as there are many situations where it is useful. i.e. Dark Depths, Wasteland, Rishadan Port, Ghost Quarter, etc.

I already have Blood Moons in my SB, but I feel like Alpine Moon's mana cost might make it an easier include.

Thoughts?
    The fact that the "moon effect" is one sided is very relevant, since we rely on fetches + Trop, and Sanctum to win (at least in an Emrakul build).
    From this perspective I find Alpine Moon even more attactive than Blood moon.
    Blood Sun cood also be a solid contender : it does not affect Trop / Sanctum and make us draw.

I think the cost difference is not huge for us : Alpine Moon comes T1 while the 2 others come T2 in general (which is not too late)

But is worth adding a Taiga MD just to play 1/2 Alpine Moon in the SB ? Maybe in a Lands heavy meta : Ports and GQ are really annoying. Dark Depths not that much, thanks to Elephant Grass.
    Against Eldrazi Stompy I think it is not worth SBing in this card : the effect is too narrow and Chalice on 1 is their best T1 play.

Florian

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by itrytostorm View Post
    Can I get the invite link?
    https://discord.gg/BUs9n2n

Few games yesterday with a zero-GSZ build :

2-0 vs Aluren
    G1 Despite being Thoughtseized and Hymned, I quickly recovered and gathered Candelabra, Sanctum, and a few Wild growth to drop Emrakul
    G2 I had Leyline of sanctity on opening and Back to basics on the board on T2. He only managed to play 2 Baleful Strix, and I Emrakul him again

2-0 vs Nicfit
    Again I won quickly with Emrakul, before opponent had a chance to Pernicious Deed my board.

0-2 vs Dragon Stompy
    G1 I had a chance to win with the Word of wind - candelabra combo, but I made a huge misplay (bad sequencing) and he killed me the following turn.
    G2 I took my Elephant grass out, thinking he was on a planeswalker build. Big mistake again. He cast a T1 Goblin rabblemaster and T2 Scab clan berserker, and I couldnt find one Doomwake giant.

Few thoughts :
    Despite my late misplays, the deck feels very strong, fast and consistent. And fun :)
    I didn't really need Words of wind to win. And when I was behind, it felt like a dead card. I think I will cut one.
    Abundance was huge, especially with Sylvan Library.
    Very happy to get rid of GSZ entirely. 9 enchantress effects + 2 Mirri's guile + 2 Sylvan Library seem enough.

The deck :

Lands (19)
    1 Bayou
    5 Forest
    1 Savannah
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills

Artifacts (3)
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos

Enchantments (30)
    1 Abundance
    4 Abundant Growth
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Exploration
    2 Mirri's Guile
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Sterling Grove
    2 Sylvan Library
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    2 Words of Wind

Creatures (8)
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Doomwake Giant
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

(15)
    1 Back to Basics
    1 Cast Out
    2 In the Eye of Chaos
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Moat
    1 Replenish
    2 Seal of Removal
    1 Sterling Grove

The deck :

Lands (19)
    1 Bayou
    5 Forest
    1 Savannah
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills

Artifacts (3)
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos

Enchantments (30)
    1 Abundance
    4 Abundant Growth
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Exploration
    2 Mirri's Guile
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Sterling Grove
    2 Sylvan Library
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    2 Words of Wind

Creatures (8)
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Doomwake Giant
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

(15)
    1 Back to Basics
    1 Cast Out
    2 In the Eye of Chaos
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Moat
    1 Replenish
    2 Seal of Removal
    1 Sterling Grove
    Hello florian,

Thanks for u report.
    I played the Gwb build a Long and will Switch to the GU

I am a Fan of the gsz it get the save enchantress count up and can search for sb stuff. the first enchantress will never survive in my games (discard/counter).
    Can u Tell me how often u get the enchantress with Sylvia after lose the first?
    I like the abundance, sylvian combo, Looks like a Second out with words of Wind and Great cardadvantage. It wotks well?

Does anybody seing a good Reason for groundseal Without deathride anymore. It is worth anymore?
    I think against snapcaster its good, But not more at the Moment.

IT is worth to trying fight against Storm with sb slots? I played the mindbreak trap, but they will not fit fine in the Rest of the deck. Does anybody have a tip? Or it is a so Bad matchup with no reason to sb again?

Greetz André

Quote Originally Posted by KnechtV View Post
    Hello florian,
    I am a Fan of the gsz it get the save enchantress count up and can search for sb stuff. the first enchantress will never survive in my games (discard/counter).
    Can u Tell me how often u get the enchantress with Sylvia after lose the first?
    I think in certain matchups you will have to rely more on Enchantress Presence, because of MD removal cards like Toxic deluge, Marsh casualties, Terminus...
    And yes, Mirri's guile (+fetches) and Sylvan Library help a lot to find them. Sterling grove can also help fetch one copy, or simply protect the Enchantress Presence itself if already on the board.
    When I take off, I am almost certain to win, because the high enchantment-density of the deck (36/60, with no GSZ dilution) makes me draw a lot and because I can cast everything with the candelabras.
    So I do not hesitate to pay 4 or 8 life for the Library to speed things up.

I like the abundance, sylvian combo, Looks like a Second out with words of Wind and Great cardadvantage. It wotks well?
    Yes I am very happy with it. It is like having 2 Enchantress effects in play, plus the card type selection which is super useful.
    It is obviously good if you can land the combo in the early turns, but it is also very helpfull when you are in storm-mode, giving each time you what you need (land or spell)

Does anybody seing a good Reason for groundseal Without deathride anymore. It is worth anymore?
    I think against snapcaster its good, But not more at the Moment.
    I like the card, it is quite cheap, green, and moreover it cantrips, which is great in a non blue deck (I mean without brainstorm & ponder).
    But the effect seems quite narrow to me in this meta. I would rather play a Savannah and a RIP.

IT is worth to trying fight against Storm with sb slots? I played the mindbreak trap, but they will not fit fine in the Rest of the deck. Does anybody have a tip? Or it is a so Bad matchup with no reason to sb again?
    I had good results with In the Eye of chaos, so I kept 2 spots in the SB for it. It totally shuts Ad Nauseam, and makes mana production very difficult.
    Of course both Leylines are great as well.
    With the whole package I usually win G2 and G3.
    But don't forget that Storm is not as good as it used to be. Probe was a really strong card in the deck !

Florian

Thread Information