Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: [Deck] U/G Enchantress

Re: [Deck] U/G Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Turboninja View Post
    Choke is not very good in our deck which relies on basic islands and Tropical Islands for our combo to work. Choke is good against those decks where our engine is already pretty good. Otherwise, Back to Basics is also very good, we can get basics and go under it.

Having 3 planeswalkers is probably too much. I would try to diversify, maybe add Doomwake Giant. It is extraordinary in the matchups where it's good (D&T, Elves, Grixis Delver). My latest build is much more wish-centric. I've been loving Brain Maggot and Doomwake Giant.

Land (20)
    1x Bayou
    8x Forest
    2x Island
    4x Misty Rainforest
    1x Snow-Covered Forest
    1x Tropical Island
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    2x Windswept Heath
    Sorcery (6)
    3x Green Sun's Zenith
    3x Living Wish
    Enchantment (22)
    4x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    1x Seal of Primordium
    3x Seal of Removal
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth
    2x Words of Wind
    Creature (12)
    3x Argothian Enchantress
    2x Brain Maggot
    4x Cloud of Faeries
    1x Doomwake Giant
    1x Eidolon of Blossoms
    1x Reclamation Sage
    Sideboard (15)
    1x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Brain Maggot
    1x Courser of Kruphix
    1x Doomwake Giant
    1x Faerie Macabre
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Herald of the Pantheon
    1x Karakas
    1x Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1x Phyrexian Revoker
    1x Reclamation Sage
    2x Seal of Primordium
    1x Wasteland
    The same friend suggested choke lol. He didn't know if it was a good enough bomb in certain matchups, again he is not super familiar with this deck. Thank you for your help though! I'm very excited and traded for most of this deck at GP Niagara Falls. I saw that you guys are also thinking of naming the deck something new, and I thought of Wild Winds (words of wind, wild growth obvi). I have no authority here, so I understand if you don't want to because of that. I just thought it was cool!

Sep 2015
    Canada

I've seen the deck called UG Enchantress, as this thread suggests, and Eternal Winds. I myself call it Enchanted Island, name which Jody Keith adopted when he played the deck. Wild Winds is good too. The deck doesn't have enough pilots to warrant exclusivity on the name, name yours as you wish!

I do believe that having a Words card in Enchantress is the appropriate place to be in this meta which will be infested with Narsets soon enough. Don't forget that if you replace the first draw of a turn, you can keep replacing all your draws with Words of Wind (or any of the Words).

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

I've seen the deck called UG Enchantress, as this thread suggests, and Eternal Winds. I myself call it Enchanted Island, name which Jody Keith adopted when he played the deck. Wild Winds is good too. The deck doesn't have enough pilots to warrant exclusivity on the name, name yours as you wish!

I do believe that having a Words card in Enchantress is the appropriate place to be in this meta which will be infested with Narsets soon enough. Don't forget that if you replace the first draw of a turn, you can keep replacing all your draws with Words of Wind (or any of the Words).
    As I enjoy playing with this from time to time and don't have a dog in the naming convention of the deck. I think the the first person with real success can have the honor. So happy hunting

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Is Narset killing this deck?

Magic Player

Jul 2011
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    Is Narset killing this deck?
    No more than leo did. Land a words and float an activation in your upkeep and play as normal.

Sep 2015
    Canada

I've been playing a few ORings lately also to hedge against Narset and Karn, as well as all the Twelve Posts that are rampant online.

Narset is a card that we have to deal with, and seeing as we do not play many creatures that can actually attack, it means that we rarely have the means to dispose of her. Priority number one is to land a words of wind for sure. You may want to try words of war too.

I've been playing a few ORings lately also to hedge against Narset and Karn, as well as all the Twelve Posts that are rampant online.

Narset is a card that we have to deal with, and seeing as we do not play many creatures that can actually attack, it means that we rarely have the means to dispose of her. Priority number one is to land a words of wind for sure. You may want to try words of war too.
    Do you think the non-white splashes could just play imprisoned in the moon?

Sep 2015
    Canada

Both cards have different advantages. Imprisoned in the Moon is great since it can also take care of certain problematic lands as well as the creatures and Planeswalkers we want to cover with ORing. However, the fact that it cannot get Chalice of the Void and Trinisphere is a big loss. Online, Twelve post is rampant and we need all cards that can deal with chalice as possible.

I haven't played with Imprisoned in the Moon though, so maybe I could be convinced otherwise. I'll try it some day.

Is Hall of Heliod's Generosity worth it as a wish target or maindeck even? Or is it too slow/too tough to fit?

Sep 2015
    Canada

Hall of Heliod's Generosity is hard to combine with the WoW engine. For the engine to be good, you need to have a very streamlined deck. In this era of W6, haing more basics is better and offers more consistent results.

Hall of Heliod's Generosity is hard to combine with the WoW engine. For the engine to be good, you need to have a very streamlined deck. In this era of W6, haing more basics is better and offers more consistent results.
    I agree. Also, colorless mana sources aren’t great for us and getting this plus black and white online is hard.

I wonder if we’d be interested in some number of prismatic vista over some nonmisty fetches. The debate on it would obviously be grabbing splash g/x dual vs being able to grab basic island.

Sep 2015
    Canada

Depending on the build, it could make sense. Most of the time (<75%) we need a basic forest anyway.

I feel in the current meta, a simple UG version could have a better chance. Obviously Narset is horrible for us, but WoW is a great card to counter it. I believe that trying to ORing or Maggot it is too much work and weakens our main plan too much for it to be worth it. Also, W6 makes having duals a bad proposition.

Took down a little 14 player tourney. Knight of autumn was a solid finisher and force of vigor x2 out of the board was super important. Played maindeck Gaddock Teeg which allowed me to beat big red twice. Will post list a little later.

Sep 2015
    Canada

Congrats!

Here's my latest list, with Estrid's Invocation and no GSZ.

Enchantment (32)
    3x Abundant Growth
    2x Detention Sphere
    4x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    3x Estrid's Invocation
    2x Ground Seal
    4x Seal of Removal
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth
    2x Words of Wind

Land (19)
    8x Forest
    1x Island
    4x Misty Rainforest
    1x Savannah
    2x Tropical Island
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    2x Windswept Heath

Creature (9)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    4x Cloud of Faeries
    1x Fae of Wishes

Sideboard (15)
    1x Back to Basics
    1x Citadel Siege
    1x City of Solitude
    3x Force of Will
    1x Garruk, Primal Hunter
    1x In the Eye of Chaos
    1x Nissa, Vital Force
    2x Seal of Primordium
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Veil of Summer

Plays a bit different, but seems resilient for now. Any thoughts?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

I can’t figure out how to post pictures from my mobile so here’s the list-

Argothian Enchantress 4
    Cloud of Faeries 4
    Eternal Witness 2
    Gaddock Teeg 1
    Knight of Autumn 1
    Green Sun’s Zenith 4
    Enchantress’s Presence 4
    Words of Wind 2
    Carpet of Flowers 2
    Seal of Removal 4
    Elephant’s Grass 4
    Utopia Sprawl 4
    Wild Growth 4
    Bayou 1
    Tropical Island 2
    Dryad Arbor 1
    Lotus Petal 1
    Forest 5
    Island 2
    Windswept Heath 1
    Misty Rainforest 3
    Verdant Catacombs 4

Side
    Seal of Primordium 1
    Force of Vigor 2
    Leyline of Sanctity 3
    Dread of Night 1
    Doomwake Giant 2
    Surgical Extraction 2
    Nihil Spellbomb 1
    Parallax Nexus 3

Should have had a Savannah and a 4th Misty obviously. New mulligan rule is very good for the gsz dryad arbor interaction. Missed having Emrakul for ease of finish because it’s hard for people to understand they’re dead and I have infinite life with 1/1s, 2/1s, and 2/2s. Gaddock Teeg is absolutely correct. Only used 5 of my sideboard cards all day. Force is a really good upgrade for us as an out to chalice and a quick Karn lock.

Sep 2015
    Canada

How have the carpet of flowers been? It's been a while since I have played them.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Carpet was solid. RUG delver cringes because it invalidates their dazes and possible spell pierces although my opponent this weekend was on spell snare.

Thread Information