Thread: [Article] Cook’s Kitchen – Storm Hands I

Bryant Cook

[Article] Cook’s Kitchen – Storm Hands I

Article

Inspired loosely from Carsten's articles and the storm hands in the opening post of the T.E.S. thread.

Feel free to do the three hands on the bottom!

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Re: [Article] Cook’s Kitchen – Storm Hands I

I keep loose hands all the time. Just draw better than the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Re: [Article] Cook’s Kitchen – Storm Hands I

Opening Hand 1 – Brainstorm, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Chrome Mox, Infernal Tutor, Duress, Duress, and Lotus Petal.

Opening Hand 2 – Underground Sea, Gemstone Mine, Duress, Dark Ritual, Infernal Tutor, Gitaxian Probe and another Gitaxian Probe.

Opening Hand 3 – Burning Wish, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Gemstone Mine, Polluted Delta, Ponder, and Brainstorm.
    Hand 1 seems really interesting, but it's also extremely high-risk, with no "hard" mana sources (by which I mean, Lands). Probably a mulligan.

Hand 2 is also interesting. I think it's a keeper, but just barely. You can probably get a T2 kill out of it with a touch of luck.

Hand 3 is proably a snap-keep against non-Tempo decks.

Thread Information