Thread: [Beware] Scammers on eBay out to get'cha

[Beware] Scammers on eBay out to get'cha

A couple of weeks ago I posted here that someone tried selling me a fake Beta Volcanic Island.. unknowingly. Now this time it's something different.
    I purchased a Beta Tropical Island in Near Mint condition, supposedly. I got the package from FedEx and was ecstatic to open it cause I felt a thick,
    hard casing inside... stuff they use to protect Power nine and BGS/PSA graded cards... lo and behold when I opened it, here's what I got.. ...:

I contacted the seller, told him/her everything was videotaped. Seller responded: it was an "honest mistake" and will return the funds in a few days.

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

Re: [Beware] Scammers on eBay out to get'cha

That's what all of my Beta Trops look like...

On the serious, that's absolutely horrible man, hope everything gets worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    If you have 3 mana and 2 draws and can't win through bullshit permanents, you are mentally deficient and probably want to examine a game with less thought. I recommend Lawn Darts.

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

There is no way that was a honest mistake. Post the seller's eBay id.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    There is no way that was a honest mistake. Post the seller's eBay id.
    Name: Sierra Warner
    Email: stuesdayw@gmail.com

No longer a registered user

Don't give them a few days. Contact PayPal/eBay immediately. And video tape opening every package.

That's not my play, I'm just choosing to reveal it
    Oct 2011
    Portland, OR.

Oh, wow.

I hope you bought this with a credit card so you can dispute the charges if it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by lochlan View Post
    Oh, wow.

I hope you bought this with a credit card so you can dispute the charges if it comes to that.
    You can do that, but paypal may decide to close your account if you do.

I haven't had to get a refund from paypal after a fraudulent seller closed their paypal account from years, but years ago paypal would just throw up their hands and give up if the seller had deleted payment sources and emptied their balance. Hopefully they're better about refunding you.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

May 2011
    Ontario, Canada

With high end stuff, I think it's a lot better to pick up in person. I know a lot of people have recently stopped purchasing power from eBay, due to the extremely high percentage of fake cards out there. As much as it sucks to buy your stuff from overpriced booths, at least if you pay the extra premium, you can ensure that the card is real in person. That sucks what happened, and I hope you get your money back.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I posted here that someone tried selling me a fake Beta Volcanic Island.. unknowingly. Now this time it's something different.
    I purchased a Beta Tropical Island in Near Mint condition, supposedly. I got the package from FedEx and was ecstatic to open it cause I felt a thick,
    hard casing inside... stuff they use to protect Power nine and BGS/PSA graded cards... lo and behold when I opened it, here's what I got.. ...:

I contacted the seller, told him/her everything was videotaped. Seller responded: it was an "honest mistake" and will return the funds in a few days.

getitgetit?

sorry had to!

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Oh wow, its the rare tropical island that looks like a benalish hero misprint. Those are worth thousands!

Thread Information