Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feast and Famine

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: Feast and Famine

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of Shadow View Post
    I clearly did think of it.

In a stoneblade deck, the worst types of matchup are against goblin decks and other tribal decks, which SOFI will give you the bigger advantage.

As for protection, black removal is hardly ever used, if at all. I'd like to actually run into black removal in a game. As for green protection, the only cards I can think of is Knight and goyf, of which, goyf is primarily used in RUG, which SOFI would actually be better in. As for knight, a knight deck tends to run MOM, which makes white better at protection.

Sure, you get to untap for lands, but who really plays counters that cost more than 1 mana?

As for SOFF's discard ability, its not really going to hurt a combo player knowing that they get to choose to discard a card of their choice.
    While you are right, that is why you play Jitte in Stoneblade. You dont even want a sword for those types of MU's. That is like wondering why Stoneblade runs Swords to Plowshares over Path to Exile in the Belcher match up. It is a useless argument. Stoneblade has Sword of FaF if they have any sword because it gives you the ability to walk past green dudes, because those are the MU's where the swords abilities are actually relevant.

If you want a white protection sword for the Maverick Match up neither of your options are very good. The WaP is terrible, and LaS is hardly relevant. Also A lot of stoneblade decks tend to run sometimes 2 mana Counterspell, and hell it gives you the ability later on in the game to equip, untap and hardcast your force of will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    While you are right, that is why you play Jitte in Stoneblade. You dont even want a sword for those types of MU's. That is like wondering why Stoneblade runs Swords to Plowshares over Path to Exile in the Belcher match up. It is a useless argument. Stoneblade has Sword of FaF if they have any sword because it gives you the ability to walk past green dudes, because those are the MU's where the swords abilities are actually relevant.

If you want a white protection sword for the Maverick Match up neither of your options are very good. The WaP is terrible, and LaS is hardly relevant. Also A lot of stoneblade decks tend to run sometimes 2 mana Counterspell, and hell it gives you the ability later on in the game to equip, untap and hardcast your force of will.
    This is correct. I run Jitte and Batterskull main with a SoFF in the board. Jitte does enough on its own against Folk and Goblins that SoFI isn't needed. SoFF is really good in the control and combo matchups, making the opponent discard while being able to keep up counterspell mana is really good.
    Brainstorm is only useful in certain situations? Brainstorm is useful when you hand is not the stone cold nutter butter blade Ranchington Q. Farnsworth Esquire best. When Brainstorm is "dead", the game is already over.
    - AriLax

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of Shadow View Post
    Why are you bringing Jitte into this?

Of Course you get jitte against a tribal deck first. This is to discuss the other options, SOFF over SOXY

RUG may not be the best example, but SOFI is just as good against them than SOFF. In fact, game 2, you usually take out counters to beat them, so untapping lands is kinda pointless.
    Because Jitte and SOFI are redundant and after Batterskull, Umezawa's Jitte whatever sword you play should probably address aggro-control decks, hence every sword you see played has Pro Green.

Thread Information