Thread: are these popular in the format?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

are these popular in the format?

Havent played in a while and was wondering if snapcaster is getting abused with cards like hymn and abrupt decay? These seem like prime targets and especially if snap is getting recurred.

Am i thinking these combinations are better than they are?

Havent seen snapcaster be the focus of many decks doing well.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: are these popular in the format?

Snapcaster is played in essentially every midrange/control UXx deck.

Abrupt Decay (and Deathrite Shaman) are being heavily played and are significant factor in BUG decks doing so well.

Hymn is unfortunately not the powerhouse it used to be. Against the current format, targeted 1cmc discard is generally better. It's still a good card but probably not well positioned at the moment.

May 2011
    Somewhere around earth.

Snapcaster hasn't been the "Focus" of decks doing well, but most Blue control/midrange/tempo decks have them to get extra value out of their spells, the only exception I can think of being Merfolk, because he doesn't have gills.
    Playing Legacy: Landstill ProsperAtog ArmageddonStax

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Snapcaster hasn't been the "Focus" of decks doing well, but most Blue control/midrange/tempo decks have them to get extra value out of their spells, the only exception I can think of being Merfolk, because he doesn't have gills.
    Merfolk has basically 0 relevant targets for Snapcaster even if he was a fish. Flashback Force of Will for 7 mana? Daze for 4?

The single best use of Snapcaster is usually Swords to Plowshares, which is why UWx decks tend to run him more.
    Nowhere do you see: Efficient Answers to Other Cards. Force and MMS will never be banned. Deal.
    Bardo, Site Admin

Thread Information