Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

  1. #21

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Guys, you really need to change post title to the "Fettish Legacy Champs vids"!!!

    Why don't you discuss the games? Please, keep your fantasy and sexual problems inside yourself!

  2. #22

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    but but but...i...grrr...okay....FINE

    So deathrite shaman in esper stoneblade I see. Didn't look so bad in that mirror match but I don't know about going 4 color for it. It does feel somewhat clunky. Opinions?

  3. #23
    Member
    jrw1985's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Kapa'a HI
    Posts

    388

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Can you call a judge if you're offended by your opponent's playmat?

  4. #24
    itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Julian23's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Munich / Germany
    Posts

    3,184

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    What does "offended" even mean? As a European, I'm genuinely curious. I mean, I am "offended" by e.g. religious symbols, but who am I to deny someone showing them in public?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

  5. #25
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,176

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    What does "offended" even mean? As a European, I'm genuinely curious. I mean, I am "offended" by e.g. religious symbols, but who am I to deny someone showing them in public?
    I know plenty of Germans who are offended by French people, while French are offended by "stoopid Americans". I thought it was just a European cultural relic from the centuries of killing each other over who owns which plot of dirt.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  6. #26

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Yes, you can call a judge if your opponent is using inappropriate sleeves/playmat. And any decent judge will tell them to put it away.

    I would not allow a playmat like that in my events period.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

  7. #27
    Member
    jrw1985's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Kapa'a HI
    Posts

    388

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    What does "offended" even mean? As a European, I'm genuinely curious. I mean, I am "offended" by e.g. religious symbols, but who am I to deny someone showing them in public?
    "Offended" covers just about every uncomfortable reaction. Annoyed, intimidated, scared, belittled, embarrassed, angered. I'd say being forced to stare at a highly sexualized image your opponent is putting on the table in front of you probably offends most of the people that play against they guy, (which is probably what he's hoping for).

    I'm not really wondering about what the threshold is for acceptable behavior at sanctioned tournaments. I'm just wondering whether someone can call a judge in a scenario where they feel offended (AKA Annoyed, intimidated, scared, belittled, embarrassed, angered) and what recourse (if any) tournament officials have for resolving such scenarios.

  8. #28
    Member
    jrw1985's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Kapa'a HI
    Posts

    388

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Yes, you can call a judge if your opponent is using inappropriate sleeves/playmat. And any decent judge will tell them to put it away.

    I would not allow a playmat like that in my events period.
    Thanks!

  9. #29

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Quote Originally Posted by rodukov View Post
    Guys, you really need to change post title to the "Fettish Legacy Champs vids"!!!

    Why don't you discuss the games? Please, keep your fantasy and sexual problems inside yourself!
    loam guy taps his mana wrong a couple of times :) still wins

  10. #30

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Full-House View Post
    Then why do you put the slogan invoving Tezzeret and anus on your avatar on public view? I understand that probably it's your "sexual fetish", but it offends me a lot, could you please stop that?
    3 brand new accounts. All first posts defending anime pr0n mat. Seems like an odd coincidence.

    The difference between goofy meme ripoff avatar and anime pr0n wack shack playmat is:

    One is only viewed from the privacy of the viewers computer
    One is public and placed in front of other humans during a sanctioned game of magic the gathering in the real world

    One uses the word anus but doesn't show anything particularly provacative, it's just magic card art
    One is 2 anime-pr0n-bunnies putting their snatches out for inspection

    Tournaments don't have an ignore user function
    This board does

  11. #31

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    go get a pr0n word meaning
    its just funny to watch ur butthurt over the matt
    do we need a professional to determine is that matt legal or not

  12. #32
    Member

    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Posts

    10

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    3 brand new accounts. All first posts defending anime pr0n mat. Seems like an odd coincidence.

    The difference between goofy meme ripoff avatar and anime pr0n wack shack playmat is:

    One is only viewed from the privacy of the viewers computer
    One is public and placed in front of other humans during a sanctioned game of magic the gathering in the real world

    One uses the word anus but doesn't show anything particularly provacative, it's just magic card art
    One is 2 anime-pr0n-bunnies putting their snatches out for inspection

    Tournaments don't have an ignore user function
    This board does
    There is no difference between ccg mat or avatar on a forum - in case you care about people and don't want to offend them, because both are open for public (it does not really matter privetly or not). MTG is a game 13+ (btw in cinematograph rating PG-13 allows nudity), while forum is open to anyone, and children under this age can see your picture and wonder how tezzeret is assosiated with anus and what is sexual t-rex means. Who knows where this path would take them? Are you responsible for their actions under the impression of your profile? I think no. You should be assamed. Especcialy after posting horrible picture on the first page.
    Also, as it was mentioned before, all this discussions make no sence since the player asked the judge about legality of the playmat and was allowed to play on it. I think it is the same with cards alterations or sleeves - the judge on the tournament determines if it can be used or not and his decission is final.
    Wrong land tapping is more interesting - could you point please the time and wrong card playing on the video? I watched it breefly and could not see any, probably was looking not to good though.

  13. #33

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    I don't care if somebody puts that down in front of me. I'd just laugh at it ... then laugh at the player for getting his rocks off on hentai pr0n. I'm mostly just surprised it was allowed, since this is again in a public place ... not the privacy or your own home ... with perhaps younger players around. Why does this person feel the need to share his erotic fantasy on his playmat? My avatar which you now see in the privacy of your own home, in front of your own computer, is magic the gathering art with the word anus on it -- copying a popular internet meme. If you can't tell the difference between that and Harry Hentai's playmat then you are truly deranged. I'd be curious how the head judge would react at say a SCG to a playmat like that.

  14. #34
    Member

    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Posts

    10

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I don't care if somebody puts that down in front of me. I'd just laugh at it ... then laugh at the player for getting his rocks off on hentai pr0n. I'm mostly just surprised it was allowed, since this is again in a public place ... not the privacy or your own home ... with perhaps younger players around. Why does this person feel the need to share his erotic fantasy on his playmat? My avatar which you now see in the privacy of your own home, in front of your own computer, is magic the gathering art with the word anus on it -- copying a popular internet meme. If you can't tell the difference between that and Harry Hentai's playmat then you are truly deranged. I'd be curious how the head judge would react at say a SCG to a playmat like that.
    So I can see that you are more interested in continuing the unproductable talk upon the topic which was closed much earlier (with the judge decision), rather then point out the mistakes in play of the winner (of which you wrote before)? Then you are no more than usual forum troll, which is proved by attempt to call your interlocutor "deranged". And I'm not a feeder definetly, so I think I live you in your world of planeswalker anuses and sexual dinosaures until you decide to become more constructive.

  15. #35

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    lol... the mat is not that innocent but faaaaaaaaar from offensive... simple - if anyone complains, just put it away... as a genuine ignorant european I can't imagine what has to be on a mat (not facing me) to ask so... until a french guy sits on the other side of the table ;)

    hentai? seriously? that's too soft... same way you can get offended by weird land alters with half naked manga girls, both looking stupid... anyway I'd be more embarrassed than the rest of the room, bringing any of it to a tournament...

  16. #36

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    tell me please, what do you think about stp in tarmo 1/2 mr.nedleeds

  17. #37

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    It is possible that NedLeeds is trolling you, but does that make his point less valid? I think it's pretty shameful that someone would even consider using that mat at a tournament. No one plays this game to learn other peoples' fetishes, and I doubt he would have been able to use that mat if it was women in bondage outfits or women covered in squid in sexual positions. There are multiple reasons women don't play this game and I think one of the main reasons is that someone can use a pornographic, demeaning playmat over eight rounds of it without anyone telling him he can't or at least shaming him into putting it away.

  18. #38

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    My 2 cents:

    Not related to any of the above, but I couldn't see better topic to put it. I have taken pictures of some of my opponents and a couple of them were interested to see them. I don't feel competent enough to translate my report into English but I would like to share some details.
    I played Jund Aggro, finishing 4-3

    Please enjoy:

    2-1
    2-0
    0-2
    0-2
    1-1, conceded to me to play Cube
    0-2
    2-0

    I am actually amazed by the gentle behaviour of all my opponents, what impressed me more was Jahnne Öhman's gracefulness after losing in the finals.

    What is not impressing me that trolling still exists on such valuable and constructive resource.
    Play magic, be cool!

  19. #39

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    Thanks mate for posting the pics, that's me with nivmagus and flusterstorm.

  20. #40
    XIII
    paK0's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2009
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    361

    Re: Finnish Legacy Champs vids

    If anyone is offended by that mat they should never ever visit a public bath.

    There are girls in swimsuits all over the place and to make it more awkward those are in 3d.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw View Post
    Well you can expect whatever you want but you'd only expect what you said if you were retarded.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)