Thread: [Article] Eternal Europe: Christmas Wishes

[Article] Eternal Europe: Christmas Wishes

More of an "issues" article again. I'm interested to see how many of those standing to lose from the proposition actually agree with me anyway.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...s-Wishes-.html
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Re: [Article] Eternal Europe: Christmas Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Mon,Goblin Chief View Post
    More of an "issues" article again. I'm interested to see how many of those standing to lose from the proposition actually agree with me anyway.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...s-Wishes-.html
    I think the Reserved List is limiting how much Legacy can expand, but I don't think it's killing the format. I don't think Wizards should break the Reserved List at the moment, since there is merit to keeping their word; however, if things go south, this is an option I would like seeing explored.

On the other hand, I would totally love to see all the cards you mentioned being reprinted (and I own at least a playset of every single card you named, usually more, besides the Portal cards and the Mana Drain). I also agree that while financial considerations shouldn't go into banning a card, they should be considered to some extent when deciding cards to unban. (My logic is that the DCI decisions affect the secondary market value of cards, often dramatically, and by unbanning a previously banned card whose value had been suppressed for so long, you're making the secondary market even more volatile that it already is.) That being said, even if Mana Drain cost a buck, that card would still be too powerful in Legacy. I could see an argument two years ago when Counterspell was not Legacy playable, although I would have rejected an unbanning due to the financial considerations. However, control is very strong in the current metagame, and the frequent mirrors often come down to who can safely stick a Jace or an Entreat first through countermagic, often testing the waters with a Vendilion Clique or Counterbalance. Mana Drain would make that problem so much worse and introduce too much variance for my liking (counter your miracled Entreat for X=3, next turn, untap, add 9 to my pool during the mainphase, hardcast Entreat/Helm and Jace).

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

It is a good list and the cards we all want.

I just do not think Wizards cares about Legacy enough to give a single bone let alone the lovely feast that Force, Wasteland and Karakas would give.
    It would be nice to have enough of those to not have to keep moving them between decks.

(For demographics purposes I have a playset or two of the main Legacy cards, but no Grim's or Portal stuff)

They 'printed' the Exiler deck online so why can we not have it in paper...
    Last edited by lyracian; 12-14-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

I'm pretty much a fan of reprinting all that stuff (and for demographics purposes, I have playsets of pretty much all the cards mentioned other than Grim Tutor).

For me, the more people playing the format the healthier / the better it is so no reason not to lower the cost of entry.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

There should also be reprints of good cards with bad art. High tide comes to mind
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Aug 2011
    Italy

A great article as always. Appreciate the effort you put in making a distinction between reserved list discussion and the cards that could actually see print. The list you presented is a good list, probably one could dig more cards under scrutiny but it's still a very good list with the most striking cards. I hope you get heard.

From Mark Rosewater's blog:
    As for reprints of the Legacy non-Reserved cards, I will say it’s been a very popular request after the announcement of Modern Masters this week.
    So Wizards of the Coast is clearly aware of the potential demand for such a thing. I wouldn't be surprised for them to act on it if Modern Masters is a success.

Though I do think some of the cards could honestly be reprinted in Standard. Grim Tutor hardly seems too powerful for the format.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Good article! I wish those wishes become true!

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    Good article! I wish those wishes become true!

Greetings
    Judge foil Imperial Recruiter has been leaked!

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Personally I want to see Goblin Settler reprinted. Hopefully in the next commander set.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Thread Information