Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 4-Color Deathrite Shaman

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Re: 4-Color Deathrite Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Muxi View Post
    As I stated many times, Geist is your main way to win the game. If you start cutting them, you either destroy or change it drastically. The same with SFM. It just goes in a different direction than an aggressive tempo deck like this.
    So, I never had a problem with the curve. You just have so many cantrips and other things to do to use your mana each turn completely - DRS is a pro in helping you in just that.
    But I have to agree on the Souls, now they are in the SB again, freeing slots in the main for Dimir Charm and Vendilion Clique.
    The Elspeth is there for midrange attrition based wars. She beats Jace, Garruk, Liliana, Bloodbraid and basically every other creature besides Tombstalker. Lingering Souls is also a problem, but therefor you got your own copy. So, Miracles, Stoneblade, Jund, BUG, Junk, Goblins, thats where she comes in..
    Thanks for your answers. I've been running Geist and really liking it. I've also been running a UWR tempo deck (placed 2nd at an SCG a few weekends ago) and Geist works well in there.

Thanks for the explanation on Elspeth. I'll try it out. There is lots of Shardless BUG running around on MTGO (cascade BUG with Shardless Agent and Baleful Strix). I think that Elspeth is also good against this match up (so is Lingering Souls).
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

Quote Originally Posted by YamiJoey View Post
    Yeah my nine kill Spells should do the job, hopefully.

EDIT: I've been doing some thinking, and I've come around to cutting a Gost for a Karakas. The one less threat is fine with how fast we can rip through our deck, and the sability gained from having Karakas in the main, protecting our threats, improving MUs Vs various decks, and the additional Land, is very important. The additional slot in the sideboard, seeing as I don't see the point in the fourth Gost in any specific match, allowed me to explore other options. Specifically Intuition.

At first, I decided I didn't like double Elspeth. She's excellent, one of my favourites, but she feels a tad clinky here. She could close out the game, but I don't want to see her too early, and when I do I don't want to throw her back with Brainstorm attempting to find the Lands I need to cast her. She came out, giving me a second space. The first plan was to add Snapcaster Mage and something that would allow us to take either a more aggressive route in G2, or a slower more controlling route. The aggression definitely feels better with 20 Lands, but I decided to try a personal favourite of mine; Intuition. All of the numbers seemed so perfect. We have 3 of plenty of cards, and we wind up with '2 and Snap' if many specific cards in the sideboard. The only problem I'm seeing is that this isn't a 22 Land deck. With some more Lands I'd be comfortable with Perish Perish Snap, untap into a 5-mana Wrath with a 2/1 body. Right now that feels fairly ambitious, but I'd like to try it out. These are the dire situations in a later stage when we may well have found the lands we need.
    Look at post #24 to this thread (if you haven't already). Intuition is good. I recommend that you run 1 Cabal Therapy, 1 Life from the Loam, and Lingering Souls along with it.
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Mar 2013
    Bury, Manchester, England

As I said, I think I was just messing with it for no good reason. The deck in 24 is a much bigger Deathblade variant, and I'm very much set on the tempo aspect, rather than a more controlling route.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

So with the upturn of Deathblade should this be the thread for discussing it?

Thread Information