Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Article] What’s going on with Aluren?

Re: [Article] What’s going on with Aluren?

yeah, the price of recruiter is the real reason why decks like Aluren and painter stone do not see as much play as they should. IMO.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    yeah, the price of recruiter is the real reason why decks like Aluren and painter stone do not see as much play as they should. IMO.
    and a year ago or so those were 100$ a pop, now they're like 350 or so. just because of scarcity
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    and a year ago or so those were 100$ a pop, now they're like 350 or so. just because of scarcity
    That's not even close to accurate.

http://ark42.com/mtg/pricehistory.ph...+Recruiter&d=0

Much more like $250 than $100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Interestingly enough, I would argue that BS is the Dark Ritual in this case.
    Tom? Is that you? I thought you were going to go work on DnD?

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Okay sorry I got offered to buy them from a forum member here for 600$.
    sorry its 50$ off a pop. OH EM GEE. huge deal.

"Let me know what your price range is and we can see if we can work something out. I was originally thinking like $600, but could go a bit lower."

they're way too expensive anyways

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Eh, probably more like white. MaRo has said that Wizards wants to differentiate white and green by making white focus on being the small creature color and green the large creature color. I could see a Recruiter reprint as a Boros card as well, but tutoring in general is out of those colors' slice of the pie.
    Actually, it doesn't even need to be Boros.

A colorshifted Recruiter to would be totally fine in terms of the color pie since it searches for/interacts with weenies, just like e.g. Squadron Hawk, Mentor of the Meek or Ranger of Eos.

How would decks like Imperial Recruiter work with it, though, considering it's based around REBs?

Aaand Imperial Recruiter is getting reprinted as a Judge Foil. Clearly someone learned of this early on and wanted to make a profit.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by DLifshitz View Post
    Aaand Imperial Recruiter is getting reprinted as a Judge Foil. Clearly someone learned of this early on and wanted to make a profit.
    source?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Sry Image leeched
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Are there any estimations how many Judge foils come normally into circulation?

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

i'm swimming in white stuff that came when I saw this.

do need.

price estimate: 50$

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Xiahou Dun was 150€ @ Release ... now 20
    Karakas was 200€ @ Release ... now 60

I expect a 160€ Release and a drop to 80 in a month, dropping to 40 once people realize how bad all those 4-color-aluren decks are
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Xiahou Dun was 150€ @ Release ... now 20
    Karakas was 200€ @ Release ... now 60

I expect a 160€ Release and a drop to 80 in a month, dropping to 40 once people realize how bad all those 4-color-aluren decks are
    Imperial Painter is also a thing.

And unlike stuff like Karakas, it's needed as a 4-of in said decks. I'm expecting a price of 60-80 bucks for a while before they drop lower.

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Sweeet!

Man, I should become a judge one of these days...

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

I'm a judge but havent judged a game/tourney in a few years now. Too bad :D

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Speculating on Aluren seemed reasonable since it is an old card that won't be reprinted, and has a unique, powerful effect. However, the reprinting of Recruiter shortly subsequent to Aluren's sudden 'mysterious' price-hike does call into question some Illuminati-esque behind-the-scenes speculation schema to corner the market on the card.

I mean, really, what would stop someone 'in the know' from buying up a significant portion of an otherwise innocuous card? I know that WotC employees have to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement, but what measures are there to prevent them from divulging information to a third party for profit?

The people who end up suffering are the players hoping to get into the format. This is just another example in a long string of examples as to why the Reserved List should be modified, particularly for cards that actually have tournament relevancy...

bruizar

would rather speculate on grindstone than aluren tbh.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    would rather speculate on grindstone than aluren tbh.
    I actually think Aluren is the better positioned of the two Recruiter decks currently. Aluren can't be hit by Abrupt Decay, typically wins on the spot once resolved, and also isn't affected by the presence of Emrakul. In fact, Show and Tell is probably a positive matchup, since if they Show an Emrakul, Griselbrand or early Sneak Attack in, Aluren has a good shot of just dropping their namesake and winning on their turn.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I would not speculate on a red 3cc card reprint for the purpose of Legacy play. I don't consider imperial painter or aluren top performing decks regardless of recruiter. I noticed that Aluren T8ed twice during the last 3 months but blame the suprise!-factor a significant reason.

Join us at Facebook!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post
    I actually think Aluren is the better positioned of the two Recruiter decks currently. Aluren can't be hit by Abrupt Decay, typically wins on the spot once resolved, and also isn't affected by the presence of Emrakul. In fact, Show and Tell is probably a positive matchup, since if they Show an Emrakul, Griselbrand or early Sneak Attack in, Aluren has a good shot of just dropping their namesake and winning on their turn.
    Sorry for the dp but i have to ask:

How you "just drop" Aluren after a Emrakul attacked you via Sneak attack or draw 14 cards via Grizz? Aluren is 2GG or do you speculate to respond to their S&T with an Intuition for 3 Aluren and Combo Instant-speed

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information