Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get your friend's into the format! Legacy viable decks averaging 500.00$ & under!

Storyboard & Comic Artist
    May 2011
    San Diego, CA

Re: Get your friend's into the format! Legacy viable decks averaging 500.00$ & under!

Thanks for this Feline! Showing this to a few friends of mine.
    Producer of Tonkatsu Taco
    Comic contributor for ManaDeprived.com ,LegitMTG.com, & GatheringMagic.com
    You can find my daily sketches & cartoons on Polishtamales.com!

Dec 2011
    USA

Re: Get your friend's into the format! Legacy viable decks averaging 500.00$ & under!

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Tamales View Post
    Thanks for this Feline! Showing this to a few friends of mine.
    Thanks. If it helps I have an even more updated one here http://blog.mtgdeals.com/flongmore/c...-legacy-decks/ it includes 11 decklists and the threshold is 700.00
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Great job. I think tho if you are trying to get players from other formats draw up some price tags on the decks they are playing in standard, i don't think people realize how much decks in standard cost. The switch would be easy.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Burn is not a deck :P
    Good list <3
    I like how Burn is really good against BUG and Jund.

Burn tends to be a good choice against non-combo metas.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Dark Depths needs to be add to this list.

between $400-500

see the list in my sig
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

When our shop was all blue tempo (back in 200x) I played something like this:

4 Smother
    4 Edict
    4 Hymn
    4 Duress
    4 Innocent Blood
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Phyrexian Arena
    several random win cons
    lots of Swamps

You might switch some of the crappy choices for less crappy choices and add Wastelands if you got them. I didn't even bother with CT flashback, but some token generatr might help. For combo you need to stop GY tricks (Relic and Cage) and decrease their chance to win out of nowhere. Trinisphere?
    It's not good against Landstill (too many dead removal spells), but Thresh absolutely hated to play against this pile.

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post

4 Smother
    4 Edict
    4 Hymn
    4 Duress
    4 Innocent Blood
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Phyrexian Arena
    several random win cons
    lots of Swamps

You might switch some of the crappy choices for less crappy choices and add Wastelands if you got them. I didn't even bother with CT flashback, but some token generatr might help. For combo you need to stop GY tricks (Relic and Cage) and decrease their chance to win out of nowhere. Trinisphere?
    It's not good against Landstill (too many dead removal spells), but Thresh absolutely hated to play against this pile.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Deck-The-Gate

I won some duals with that deck back in 2011-2012

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Deck-The-Gate

I won some duals with that deck back in 2011-2012
    This was much sooner. It was crappy MBC.

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Dark Depths needs to be add to this list.

between $400-500

see the list in my sig
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale $721 at latest price.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale $721 at latest price.
    Italian ones seem to be going for 4-500 on ebay.

Also...when the fuck did that happen?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post

4 Smother
    4 Edict
    4 Hymn
    4 Duress
    4 Innocent Blood
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Phyrexian Arena
    several random win cons
    lots of Swamps

Add Bitterblossom, Stoneforge Mystic, Umezawa's Jitte, Batterskull, Vindicate and Lingering Souls.

4 Cabal Therapy $48
    4 Hymn to Tourach $4
    4 Innocent Blood $2
    2 Swords to Plowshares $5
    4 Vindicate $44
    4 Phyrexian Arena $36
    4 Bitterblossom $160
    4 Stoneforge Mystic $80
    2 Umezawa's Jitte $70
    1 Batterskull $16
    2 Lingering Souls $1
    2 Zealous Persecution $1
    4 Mishra's Factory $7
    4 Scrubland $300
    4 Marsh Flats $80
    3 Bloodstained Mire $33
    2 Godless Shrine $20
    4 Swamps $1
    2 Plains $.50

$920 and will make a lot of people very unhappy when they see it unfold in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Italian ones seem to be going for 4-500 on ebay.

Also...when the fuck did that happen?
    Not many Tabernacles out there and Lands plays 4 of them.

In the year before the Grand Prix just about every Legends rare that sees any use at all and has never been reprinted skyrocketed. There's a huge asset bubble out there in the world right now. Rare collectible playing cards are one of those luxury items that can spike up dramatically under that kind of pressure. Not rare as in this is how we're printing it now. Rare as in was printed 20 years ago and will never be reprinted.

Gaea's Cradle was $300 just before the Grand Prix. Down to about $150 now. Tabernacle doesn't seem to be dropping in value.

Jun 2011
    Dortmund/Germany

Not many Tabernacles out there and Lands plays 4 of them.
    They don't. They seem to be super rare though, god knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStarDeceiver View Post
    They don't. They seem to be super rare though, god knows why.
    There were only 19,500 of each English Legends rare printed. Figure that half of those shuffled to dust before the advent of sleeves and that half of the remainder are buried in somebody's attic with nobody knowing they even exist at this point and you maybe have 5,000 copies available worldwide. Not sure about Italian Legends print numbers.

There were 22,800 of each of the power 9 printed with probably two-thirds shuffled to dust since they saw play in many lists in the year and a half before sleeves were allowed. That, along with the utility of the cards, explains the very high prices of the power 9. Legends rares are probably just as rare and they see play in both Vintage and Legacy.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

There were only 19,500 of each English Legends rare printed. Figure that half of those shuffled to dust before the advent of sleeves and that half of the remainder are buried in somebody's attic with nobody knowing they even exist at this point and you maybe have 5,000 copies available worldwide. Not sure about Italian Legends print numbers.

There were 22,800 of each of the power 9 printed with probably two-thirds shuffled to dust since they saw play in many lists in the year and a half before sleeves were allowed. That, along with the utility of the cards, explains the very high prices of the power 9. Legends rares are probably just as rare and they see play in both Vintage and Legacy.
    Well, those numbers are only guesstimates, but I'm afraid you're right.
    In other news, Wizards are idiots.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

What are the odds that jamming 4x Brainstorm and some more fetches into that Affinity list would make it a lot stronger over the course of a tournament?

Dec 2011
    USA

Wow didn't expect this thread to get a restart. Please note that I made this 2 years ago, the prices are likely different now.
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Feb 2014
    North Carolina, USA

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    Wow didn't expect this thread to get a restart. Please note that I made this 2 years ago, the prices are likely different now.
    I bet. I haven't done the math, but there seems to have been inflation. Of course the timing of the necro doesn't help either...

Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    What are the odds that jamming 4x Brainstorm and some more fetches into that Affinity list would make it a lot stronger over the course of a tournament?
    Affinity has changed a good amount since that list, looking closer to their Modern counterpart. Inkmoth Nexus is a key card now. The thread is here.
    GamErgonomics: The Science of Gaming Performance
    Life Coaching for Gamers
    Personal Gaming Blog UPDATED 1/13
    "Everyone is a hero. Even if you've only saved yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by BBG|Scott-Spain View Post
    I bet. I haven't done the math, but there seems to have been inflation. Of course the timing of the necro doesn't help either...
    Yes indeed. Some of the decks have doubled (even the least expensive ones). Quite a shame really - I got my first Legacy deck finished in time for the prices to spike such that I can't reasonably build another, even a budget one.

MTGGoldfish
    Jan 2015
    Vermont USA

I'm going to read through this carefully. I've been playing Legacy on MTGO for a little while, but I don't have any paper cards. I couldn't afford to make the decks I have online in paper, but I wouldn't mind playing elves or something.

Did I notice that the elves list is missing some usual cards? I didn't see bayou, for instance...
    Team America F$%& Yeah!

Thread Information