Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get your friend's into the format! Legacy viable decks averaging 500.00$ & under!

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Re: Get your friend's into the format! Legacy viable decks averaging 500.00$ & under!

Quote Originally Posted by Islandswamp View Post
    Did I notice that the elves list is missing some usual cards? I didn't see bayou, for instance...
    This thread hasn't been updated in quite some time. For example, the Elves list your looking at is from four months before Return to Ravnica.

MTGGoldfish
    Jan 2015
    Vermont USA

Re: Get your friend's into the format! Legacy viable decks averaging 500.00$ & under!

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    Wow didn't expect this thread to get a restart. Please note that I made this 2 years ago, the prices are likely different now.
    Well, Legacy is awesome. I got into it on MTGO, and I haven't played any other format since. I looked into this, because I want to play paper again someday, and I want a Legacy deck.
    Team America F$%& Yeah!

The prices have changed pretty dramatically since this thread has been updated unfortunately, so take with a grain of salt. A good place to start might be checking out total deck prices at mtgdecks.net or similar sites.

MTGGoldfish
    Jan 2015
    Vermont USA

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    This thread hasn't been updated in quite some time. For example, the Elves list your looking at is from four months before Return to Ravnica.
    It looks like it's the Cradle's and Bayous that are really high. It's too bad that I quit magic back in 2000, otherwise this would all be easy to make.
    Team America F$%& Yeah!

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Islandswamp View Post
    IIt's too bad that I quit magic back in 2000, otherwise this would all be easy to make.
    Welcome to 90% of the Legacy community. It still feels bad after all this time. :(

No kidding. Sold a full playset of duals, most of the power 9, and things that didn't seem like much then (Candelabra) in I think 1998 or 1999 for less than a playset of Underground Seas now. Held on to some garbage cards to play with at the time, including a playset of FoW, a Tabernacle, a Karakas and 10 duals. Turns out I could have done worse on what to hold on to I guess, but sure could have done better.

Back on topic, I generally advocate for folks getting into Legacy to get a set of Khans fetches in their favorite colors, and use shock lands till they can get duals.

There's also:

Monowhite Rest in Peace - Helm of Awakening Combo with Enlightened Tutor
    Monoblue Delver tempo (with Stifle, without Wasteland)
    BU Ooze combo with transformational SB (Leyline-Helm...SnT-Emrakul is better but more expensive)

Deck list for
    BU Ooze combo with transformational SB (Leyline-Helm)
    Items: $269.74 [TCGplayer.com at the time of writing]

Sorcery (19)

4x Buried Alive
    4x Duress
    2x Exhume
    1x Personal Tutor
    4x Ponder
    4x Reanimate

Instant (14)

4x Brainstorm
    4x Dark Ritual
    3x Lim-Dul's Vault