Thread: Geist of Saint Traft

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Geist of Saint Traft

In what format is geist used to make it jump in price?

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Re: Geist of Saint Traft

Modern perhaps.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

And Standard. Seeing plenty of play in the UWr Midrange deck.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Don't get me started on those Korean foils. SCG has them for $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

I'm pretty sure geist sees a lot more standard play than modern play right now.

Geist definitely sees play in Standard. He's a 4-of in my Azorius Aggro deck.

As to why its price jumped, though? That's a little more complicated. The card didn't suddenly gain a lot of popularity in decks from what I can tell; if anything it's probably dropped in Standard popularity due to the demise of UW Delver, which was the most popular deck in the format and a deck that pretty much always played Geist in multiple copies.

My guess is, simply put, that currently there are far fewer Innistrad boosters being opened than there used to be, meaning the supply is increasing much more slowly. However, demand has not decreased as much, resulting in the price going up. I looked at some of the "chase rares" from the Scars of Mirrodin block at around this time last year via blacklotusproject.com, and they were experiencing price hikes at about the same time. For example, Seachrome Coast, Elesh Norn, Darkslick Shores, and Mirran Crusader all jumped up in price around now. So Geist is just following the usual pattern. It's highly likely that, if they haven't already, Innistrad block cards popular in Standard are going to experience a similar price jump over the next few months.

Of course, it's entirely possible this kind of thing was already common knowledge and I'm just late to the party...

Standard. They just spoiled a new keyword, Cipher, that will be nuts on hexproof creatures. Also, the reprinted a fixed Windfall with the mechanic on it. http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardd...product=426542

bruizar

Shizo, Death's Storehouse and no wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Shizo, Death's Storehouse and no wasteland.
    Sounds like a winner in Modern.

EDIT:

Eiganjo Castle
    Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep

Are also pretty nifty.

Thread Information