Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: jace the mind sculptor Reprint?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

jace the mind sculptor Reprint?

I've been debating finishing my playset of foil jace the mind sculptors when I realized while they are not likely to print him ever again to be legal in standard they are however likely to print him as a foil judge promo or other promo and I might be better to hold off?

Any care to share their 2 cents?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Re: jace the mind sculptor Reprint?

I'd say if you want foils, you'll be waiting till at least modern masters 2....oh wiat ya hes banned so just bite the bulelt and get him now before his price gets even more expensive.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by god_campbell View Post
    I'd say if you want foils, you'll be waiting till at least modern masters 2....oh wiat ya hes banned so just bite the bulelt and get him now before his price gets even more expensive.
    Your best bet is a Judge foil in a few years. A duel box appearance is unlikely because it would equal the price development of the FtV sets so this would be a total joke. Moreover there is the modern-banned issue that likely prevents any reprint except the judge promos.

I have no real advice because in Europe's MCM the price rose to 400€+ per foil piece in english. Not to think of foreign ones...
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Wait, if jtms gets reprinted as a judge promo it means that it will be reprinted in the old frame. It would be a stunning piece.

Anyway I think that foil Jaces are so much coveted and scarce (because it's a foil mythic and lots of players who wanted them already got them quickly, moreover I've seen various pics of people hoarding them owning more than a playset) thet if it gets reprinted as a judge promo the price will drop of, umh, 5% maybe?
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post
    Wait, if jtms gets reprinted as a judge promo it means that it will be reprinted in the old frame. It would be a stunning piece.

Anyway I think that foil Jaces are so much coveted and scarce (because it's a foil mythic and lots of players who wanted them already got them quickly, moreover I've seen various pics of people hoarding them owning more than a playset) thet if it gets reprinted as a judge promo the price will drop of, umh, 5% maybe?
    The point is: If you run the Walletsculptor, you want a whole fuck'n set of that mythic, printed in a small, short-drafted set. Even the limited numbers Judge foils can provide to the market can't saturate the demand. A old frame printing would be hilarious, even outcashing the Worldwake ones.

As long as most Legacy and Vintage Control deck starts with 4x Force of Will, 4x Jace, 1x/4x Brainstorm I can see him only becoming more expensive.

Aside from that I think NOW is a terrible timing to buy Jaces. At least I would wait for Miracles/Vintage (lol) to diminish so Jace maybe drop down back to 300€ than the ~400 of today.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

What would an old border planes walker look like?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Unsummon View Post
    What would an old border planes walker look like?
    Just google Beta Jace. And dont stare at Jace Halls racks...

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Just google Beta Jace. And dont stare at Jace Halls racks...
    Impossible to ignore that ... no Force of Will.

Join us at Facebook!

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Aside from that I think NOW is a terrible timing to buy Jaces. At least I would wait for Miracles/Vintage (lol) to diminish so Jace maybe drop down back to 300€ than the ~400 of today.

when do you think this might be? is there a legacy season?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    when do you think this might be? is there a legacy season?
    I guess there are 2 Legacy GP's this year afaik but that shouldn't make much of an impact. I would monitor the Legacy metagame and the Performance of Miracles/BUG worldwide and have an eye on Vintage (which even suffers in the United Staates of Proxies atm). The moment Team America/Delver/Combo are able to outperform Blade/BUG/Miracles should be good for private trades <250€ ... However, gatecrash doesn't seem to deliver anything metachanging for Legacy to Support such a shift :/

Join us at Facebook!

bruizar

I guess there are 2 Legacy GP's this year afaik but that shouldn't make much of an impact. I would monitor the Legacy metagame and the Performance of Miracles/BUG worldwide and have an eye on Vintage (which even suffers in the United Staates of Proxies atm). The moment Team America/Delver/Combo are able to outperform Blade/BUG/Miracles should be good for private trades <250€ ... However, gatecrash doesn't seem to deliver anything metachanging for Legacy to Support such a shift :/
    I think the price of Jace has nothing to do with the metagame or vintage (vintage already seized to have impact on prices). In my opinion, it has to do with the fact that Tarmogoyf is getting a reprint in modern masters. Jace and Goyf were the two most expensive foils. With Tarmogoyf out of the picture, Jace is now the uncontested top dollar chase foil.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I think the price of Jace has nothing to do with the metagame or vintage (vintage already seized to have impact on prices). In my opinion, it has to do with the fact that Tarmogoyf is getting a reprint in modern masters. Jace and Goyf were the two most expensive foils. With Tarmogoyf out of the picture, Jace is now the uncontested top dollar chase foil.
    Modern masters is no regular Expansion with a limited printrun (around Coldsnap as WotC announced) and goofy is a MYTHIC in there. So this adds a few Foil Goofies ... do you expect it really have a mentionable Impact on the market?

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Second to JTMS I presume should be Thoughtseize, the foil version of this card is still undervalued

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Second to JTMS I presume should be Thoughtseize, the foil version of this card is still undervalued
    Yep :) i just got a foil seize for this reason

Feb 2010
    Houston,texas

So, I was a total retard for not buying Jace (non foil of course) at 50 bucks some months ago. I don't currently have a need to play him but would love to own it since it opens up so many decks (and I love control). Should I fork over the 100 bucks or do you guys think it will drop a bit? I ask because I have about 300 bucks from xmas and I wanted to accumulate more duals but if Jace is only expected to rise I may want to grab 2-3 instead.

Thanks!

Modern masters is no regular Expansion with a limited printrun (around Coldsnap as WotC announced) and goofy is a MYTHIC in there. So this adds a few Foil Goofies ... do you expect it really have a mentionable Impact on the market?
    Wait. Where did they say it was about the same size as Coldsnap?

Quote Originally Posted by Oiolosse View Post
    So, I was a total retard for not buying Jace (non foil of course) at 50 bucks some months ago. I don't currently have a need to play him but would love to own it since it opens up so many decks (and I love control). Should I fork over the 100 bucks or do you guys think it will drop a bit? I ask because I have about 300 bucks from xmas and I wanted to accumulate more duals but if Jace is only expected to rise I may want to grab 2-3 instead.

Thanks!
    Honestly I think the price will slowly creep up, since it will be forever banned in modern and wizards dgaf about high legacy prices, the only way it would go down is if they banned it in legacy or made a better blue planeswalker, which is never happening. I think its going to hover around a little more than 100$ for a while, probably just get them when you find a deal or get a trade you like unless you are just dying to play control.

Its crazy that the card is only 3 years old yet it commands such a huge price tag.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Wait. Where did they say it was about the same size as Coldsnap?
    Rosewater himself noted on Twitter that the printrun will be more or less Coldsnaps which was more limited than any other expansion in the last 8 years. I'm sure you can find infos about coldsnaps Detailed printrun somewhere in the web.

So the idea to Turn Tarmogoyf and maybe other chase-rares like thoughtseize into mythics AND make it a limited printrun-product won't help modern and Legacy as much as it needs. They still could try other shenanigans with the booster pack seize or the Price because this is Not a regular draft Set but handled like FtV or an Un-Set for distribution

Join us at Facebook!

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Rosewater himself noted on Twitter that the printrun will be more or less Coldsnaps which was more limited than any other expansion in the last 8 years. I'm sure you can find infos about coldsnaps Detailed printrun somewhere in the web.
    Was that before or after they acknowledged their massive fuck up with Commander's Arsenal, thus increasing the print run?

And Jace could be easily reprinted in Legacy Masters. There's no doubt it's going to come because Modern Masters WILL be a huge success for Wizards and piss of fans at the same time because the supply won't meet the demand. They literally print money with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    And Jace could be easily reprinted in Legacy Masters. There's no doubt it's going to come because Modern Masters WILL be a huge success for Wizards and piss of fans at the same time because the supply won't meet the demand. They literally print money with it.
    Commander was a huge success, and yet they didn't immediately think to follow it up with a similar, widely available, good-value-for-money product. Instead we got Commander's Arsenal which only satisfied a very few people. The Premium Deck Series was pretty popular, at times including Legacy staples, and yet it's been discontinued. Meanwhile they continue to churn out boring, repetitive core sets like M12 and M13 that add very little to the game, and don't sell well. So stop applying your logic rooted in common sense! Anyway they print money with whatever product they release.

Thread Information