Page 105 of 113 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2259

Thread: [Deck] Jund

Re: [Deck] Jund

Long time lurker/ first time poster

Does anyone have an opinion on weather it's correct to run 23 or 24 lands? I'm currently on 24, but curious if it's worth shaving one for a second sylvan library.

Current list:

4 deathrite
    4 goyf
    4 Bob
    3 bbe

4 liliiana
    3 abrupt decay
    3 pfire
    3 lightning bolt
    1 kcommand
    4 thoughtsieze
    2 hymn
    1 library

Quote Originally Posted by Elthryn View Post

Does anyone have an opinion on weather it's correct to run 23 or 24 lands? I'm currently on 24, but curious if it's worth shaving one for a second sylvan library.

Current list:

4 deathrite
    4 goyf
    4 Bob
    3 bbe

4 liliiana
    3 abrupt decay
    3 pfire
    3 lightning bolt
    1 kcommand
    4 thoughtsieze
    2 hymn
    1 library
    I run 23 lands... my debate is have 1 of each basic or 2/1 swamp/forest.

I run 0 kcommand and 1 library. Id like to move to 1 kcommand and 2 library (the card is just so good) but i have no idea what to cut...i need 4 pfire with all the infect and dnt in my meta

I'm running a 2/1 swamp/forest currently only because that's what I used to run a couple years ago. Is there some benefit to running a mountain now? I haven't played an actual game with jund in over a year so I'm curious if something has changed.

I'm running a 2/1 swamp/forest currently only because that's what I used to run a couple years ago. Is there some benefit to running a mountain now? I haven't played an actual game with jund in over a year so I'm curious if something has changed.
    I've been on Jund 4+ years, and not in any single game have I ever wanted a basic mountain.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

I'm playing Punishing Jund and currently run 23 land with 1 Library, but I'm also running the following creatures:
    4 Goyf
    4 Grim Flayer
    4 DRS
    2 BBE
    2 Bob

With lands:
    3 Badlands, 2 Bayou, 3 Bloodstained Mire, 1 Forest, 4 Grove, 1 Swamp, 1 Taiga, 4 Verdant, 3 Wasteland, 1 Wooded Foothills

Did more testing last night vs. miracles, stoneblade, and ANT. It seems any match up against noncombo is right where we want to be. ANT puts us in the weird position of trying to disrupt them while putting pressure on them at the same time. I think post board 6 1 mana hand disruption spells is where you want to be. Null rod is also great because it hurts them pretty bad, especially since they have started using chrome mox more. Revoker might be good here too.

Mar 2007
    RI

I've been a fan of 24. With PFire and the CA off Bob/Library I've felt it's better to draw land heavy and support multiple plays each turn. My 60 is pretty close to yours - I run the 2nd Library with the 4th Liliana in the SB usually.
    TPDMC

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

We had our Legacy monthly last Saturday and I took the following through four rounds to 3-0-1 and then an immediate 2-1 loss to Enchantress in the Top 8.

2x Dark Confidant
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Grim Flayer
    4x Tarmogoyf

3x Hymn to Tourach
    1x Maelstrom Pulse
    1x Painful Truths
    3x Thoughtseize

3x Abrupt Decay
    3x Lightning Bolt
    3x Punishing Fire
    1x Tarfire

1x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    3x Liliana of the Veil

1x Sylvan Library

3x Badlands
    2x Bayou
    3x Bloodstained Mire
    1x Forest
    3x Grove of the Burnwillows
    2x Swamp
    1x Taiga
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland
    1x Wooded Foothills

The sideboard was a mostly incorrect mish-mosh of cards, with only 2x Golgari Charm, 2x Engineered Plague, 1x Liliana of the Last Hope and 1x Pithing Needle being notable.

Round 1: DnT
    He mulls in both games, I proceed to destroy his hand and ride Goyf and Grim Flayer to victory. One notable point was when he Vial'd in Serra Avenger to block a small Grim Flayer (only sorcery in my graveyard). I Tarfire the angel and then Wasteland his Port, Flayer lives, tramples over for 3 and triggers to dig me to more good cards.

Round 2: RG Lands
    I get lucky in both games. Game 1 I'm able to keep Wasteland up to threaten his Stages if he goes for the combo and beat down with creatures while keeping his hand low. Game 2 I spend most of it with a Pithing Needle on Stage (Wastelanding his attempt to turn Stage into Forest in response). He mills a lot of potential answers with Loam recursion and I eventually win with Goyf + Deathrite after a Liliana ultimate kills his Marit Lage.

Round 3: Jund
    We spend a lot of time trading punts back and forth, beginning with him fetching an incorrect land and me playing X/1's into Punishing Fire, then him blocking Goyf's with Goyf's when I have Fires recursion. Game 2 he misstacks Library and takes an extra 4 from flipping Bloodbraid off Confidant, and I win via Chandra ultimate turning 1 drops into Lava Axe's.

Round 4: ID with Maverick
    We ID and go into the Top 8 as 1 and 2 seed.

Top 8: Enchantress
    Game 1 he stalls the game out and has Hexproof once my Chandra ultimates, then casts Emrakul and sweeps my board. Game 2 I have all the kill spells for his important enchantments and win on a horrible slow clock with a punt after casting E Plague on Human to stop potential enchantresses, when I should have called Druid so my Confidant didn't become unplayable and Flayer shrunk. Game 3 I drew no removal for RiP and he Helm'd me in the early turns.

Going forward I'm thinking about dropping Confidant entirely and upping the Painful Truth package to x3. Bob just seems excellent for eating a removal spell and not generating any advantage, while PTruth is almost always a 3-for-1 and lets you up your curve slightly.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by zebhillard View Post
    We had our Legacy monthly last Saturday and I took the following through four rounds to 3-0-1 and then an immediate 2-1 loss to Enchantress in the Top 8.

2x Dark Confidant
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Grim Flayer
    4x Tarmogoyf

3x Hymn to Tourach
    1x Maelstrom Pulse
    1x Painful Truths
    3x Thoughtseize

3x Abrupt Decay
    3x Lightning Bolt
    3x Punishing Fire
    1x Tarfire

1x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    3x Liliana of the Veil

1x Sylvan Library

3x Badlands
    2x Bayou
    3x Bloodstained Mire
    1x Forest
    3x Grove of the Burnwillows
    2x Swamp
    1x Taiga
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland
    1x Wooded Foothills

The sideboard was a mostly incorrect mish-mosh of cards, with only 2x Golgari Charm, 2x Engineered Plague, 1x Liliana of the Last Hope and 1x Pithing Needle being notable.

Round 1: DnT
    He mulls in both games, I proceed to destroy his hand and ride Goyf and Grim Flayer to victory. One notable point was when he Vial'd in Serra Avenger to block a small Grim Flayer (only sorcery in my graveyard). I Tarfire the angel and then Wasteland his Port, Flayer lives, tramples over for 3 and triggers to dig me to more good cards.

Round 2: RG Lands
    I get lucky in both games. Game 1 I'm able to keep Wasteland up to threaten his Stages if he goes for the combo and beat down with creatures while keeping his hand low. Game 2 I spend most of it with a Pithing Needle on Stage (Wastelanding his attempt to turn Stage into Forest in response). He mills a lot of potential answers with Loam recursion and I eventually win with Goyf + Deathrite after a Liliana ultimate kills his Marit Lage.

Round 3: Jund
    We spend a lot of time trading punts back and forth, beginning with him fetching an incorrect land and me playing X/1's into Punishing Fire, then him blocking Goyf's with Goyf's when I have Fires recursion. Game 2 he misstacks Library and takes an extra 4 from flipping Bloodbraid off Confidant, and I win via Chandra ultimate turning 1 drops into Lava Axe's.

Round 4: ID with Maverick
    We ID and go into the Top 8 as 1 and 2 seed.

Top 8: Enchantress
    Game 1 he stalls the game out and has Hexproof once my Chandra ultimates, then casts Emrakul and sweeps my board. Game 2 I have all the kill spells for his important enchantments and win on a horrible slow clock with a punt after casting E Plague on Human to stop potential enchantresses, when I should have called Druid so my Confidant didn't become unplayable and Flayer shrunk. Game 3 I drew no removal for RiP and he Helm'd me in the early turns.

Going forward I'm thinking about dropping Confidant entirely and upping the Painful Truth package to x3. Bob just seems excellent for eating a removal spell and not generating any advantage, while PTruth is almost always a 3-for-1 and lets you up your curve slightly.
    That's the same conclusion I came to with Truths and Confidant.

Game 1 he stalls the game out and has Hexproof once my Chandra ultimates, then casts Emrakul and sweeps my board.
    This is entirely unrelated, but I gotta say, having a hexproof opponent and boardstate that would force you to Lava Axe yourself due to Chandra's emblem would be pretty funny. Interestingly enough you can kill Emrakul with the emblem if you can cast some instants.

Seeing more and more that Grim Flayer is a solid card in Legacy - both here and other BGx decks. Have there been instances where Bob ate removal that allowed Flayer to come down? I don't think it's necessarily bad to keep Bob, between discard and a huge range of targets you can overload their removal and keep either Bob or Flayer out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

It seems to me that Jund is at a Y in the road and people are picking different paths, which is what makes this deck great. Some people are going down this grim flayer painful truths path. Other people are staying to the old tried and true dark confidant path. I'm not sure if you can say one is strictly better than the other, but here are my thoughts on the whole bob vs. flayer. I think the whole 'bob eats a removal spell' argument is just the same for flayer. Sure bolt may not hit flayer later in the game but if you play either one turn 2 and untap you'll be happy. I also feel like playing flayer you should be playing something to get a little value off of him besides p. fire like life from the loam maybe?

Why are we getting away from BBE? This card has been excellent for me. I honestly feel like this is the reason to play a fair deck that isn't miracles or DNT.

Quote Originally Posted by dredge90 View Post
    It seems to me that Jund is at a Y in the road and people are picking different paths, which is what makes this deck great. Some people are going down this grim flayer painful truths path. Other people are staying to the old tried and true dark confidant path. I'm not sure if you can say one is strictly better than the other, but here are my thoughts on the whole bob vs. flayer. I think the whole 'bob eats a removal spell' argument is just the same for flayer. Sure bolt may not hit flayer later in the game but if you play either one turn 2 and untap you'll be happy. I also feel like playing flayer you should be playing something to get a little value off of him besides p. fire like life from the loam maybe?

Why are we getting away from BBE? This card has been excellent for me. I honestly feel like this is the reason to play a fair deck that isn't miracles or DNT.
    Bloodbraid is still sweet, but Chandra, Torch of Defiance may be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by NeckBird View Post
    Bloodbraid is still sweet, but Chandra, Torch of Defiance may be even better.
    Do you mind providing some insight as to what match ups Chandra really shines in?

I've found that BBE (in fair matchups), is great when ahead, at parity and can really bring you back in the game when behind.
    I can't really see what Chandra does when behind, other than acting as a 4 mana removal spell - having said that I have not yet tested the card so I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    This is entirely unrelated, but I gotta say, having a hexproof opponent and boardstate that would force you to Lava Axe yourself due to Chandra's emblem would be pretty funny. Interestingly enough you can kill Emrakul with the emblem if you can cast some instants.

Seeing more and more that Grim Flayer is a solid card in Legacy - both here and other BGx decks. Have there been instances where Bob ate removal that allowed Flayer to come down? I don't think it's necessarily bad to keep Bob, between discard and a huge range of targets you can overload their removal and keep either Bob or Flayer out.
    Yeah, her emblem not having a 'may' clause could have boned me that game, but Emmy first attack left me with an empty battlefield anyway.

As for question two, I don't think so? Deathrite is still primo-must-be-removed-target-numero-one, so a lot of early kill spells go his way. I still think, at the time, 3 life for 3 cards is the better (more reliable) way to go if it comes to mid-game and topdecks.

Hi, i play jund in modern and i consider to invest in Legacy. For now i Have 15 tears exp in mtg and i played some Legacy. I had exp wir nic fit, each delver, ant, dredge and eldrazi. I want Ask you: it is food to invest to jund in Legacy or THIS is closer to fun deck? I dont want to spend over 1500$ just for local Games.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Quote Originally Posted by HardBrain View Post
    Hi, i play jund in modern and i consider to invest in Legacy. For now i Have 15 tears exp in mtg and i played some Legacy. I had exp wir nic fit, each delver, ant, dredge and eldrazi. I want Ask you: it is food to invest to jund in Legacy or THIS is closer to fun deck? I dont want to spend over 1500$ just for local Games.
    You can always end up with a fighting chance, though I suggest shopping around. If you have all of Modetn Jund you should be able to finish out Legacy for under a grand (6 duals, Groves, Wastelands) unless you want Chains for the board.

Quote Originally Posted by zebhillard View Post
    You can always end up with a fighting chance, though I suggest shopping around. If you have all of Modetn Jund you should be able to finish out Legacy for under a grand (6 duals, Groves, Wastelands) unless you want Chains for the board.
    But the main point of question is. THIS deck do anthing in meta ir it is only +1 on player list

But the main point of question is. THIS deck do anthing in meta ir it is only +1 on player list
    The main problem is THIS forum dead time. I need wait for response so long and nithing ;-( Thats not a good signal

The main problem is THIS forum dead time. I need wait for response so long and nithing ;-( Thats not a good signal
    There are lots of discussions about different match-ups in previous pages. The strength of the deck depends on the meta. The source is still the most active legacy forum.

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

I'm not quite sure what your original question was, but I understood it as, " Should I invest in Jund and will it be a good investment in terms of competitiveness?"

I believe the answer to both of those questions is a yes. Especially if you're already running the deck in Modern. I've been running the deck over the past year and have not failed to make T8 in any of the tournaments I've played in (all were 25+ people or more). I have game against most decks out there and rarely feel hopeless against anything because the deck has the tools.

I've been taking a break from the deck to play BUG Aluren for the time being, but I think Jund is a fine choice to break into legacy. Plus it kinda branches you towards other decks like Shardless if that's your cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

Thread Information