Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd with TES - GP Sydney Side Event (Contains giant rubber duckies)

Re: 3rd with TES - GP Sydney Side Event (Contains giant rubber duckies)

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    The rules also disallow collusion. Tournament Magic is a zero-sum game. In the situation described, if the match played out to a win or loss, a player other than the two involved would make top 8 in addition to the winner. If both players wait until it is determined that due to the results of another match happening at the same time, they can effectively draw to insure both will make top 8, then the previously mentioned "bubble" player now will not. I've seen this happen with corroborating testimony, when the bubble player won his match, heard from surrounding players the events leading to his not making top 8, and the colluding players were DQ'd.
    That used to be the case but the rule was changed a few years back to allow players to use the outcome of another match in making their decision as long as "they don't go out of their way" ie leave their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Basaka View Post
    How is pox 2-0? I dunno.
    Because my deck is awesome. Duh.

Now have 3 Thorn of Amethyst in the board for your type of shenanigans. Those Spinning Darkness were utter trash.

Game 3 you made lots of goblins on turn 3 or so. I had a Tombie out by then I believe but couldn't stop enough goblins getting through in 2 turns.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think I had Tombie out. Maybe Bloodghast? Either way, wasn't stopping all those gobbos.

Quote Originally Posted by saspook View Post
    I stopped reading here, but the four of you should have all been disqualified for this.
    Pretty sure, if before the four of them at the top of the rankings went to a judge before they started playing and said 'If we all draw does that mean we all get into top 8' is NOT the same as sitting there and saying, "I'll draw if you draw". The approached a judge, asked if the four of them can double draw, they were told so, and they did so. Now unless EVERY other judge in the country(world for that matter) is wrong, it seems like you vastly misinterpreted the rules that you read...

Actually on topic; Isn't Saito the one who was notorious for slow play and shuffling for hours on end to try to burn as much of the clock as possible?
    Belcher
    Delver
    Dredge

When your heart won't beat, your eyes go black
    There's a light in the tunnel and you can't turn back
    Your friends can't save you, your family's gone
    You're waiting on your judgment at the foot of the throne
    Will you beg for some mercy? Will you cop some pleas?
    Will you stand on your own or get down on your knees?
    Will your angels release you from where demons dwell?
    Will you make it into Heaven or go right back to Hell?
    Only time will tell

Thread Information