Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Oops, All Spells! (Formerly The Rogue Hermit)

Jan 2010
    UK

Re: The Rogue Hermit

I am testing this:

SB:

4x Leyline of the Void
    4x Serum Powder
    3x Helm of Obedience
    4x Spoils of the Vault

t0 Leyline itself is already devastating to some decks. All we gotta do is get the Helm and accumulate 5 mana. Shouldnt be hard since after siding out combo cards all we got left is pretty much mana creators.

Quote Originally Posted by AmokPL View Post
    I am testing this:

SB:

4x Leyline of the Void
    4x Serum Powder
    3x Helm of Obedience
    4x Spoils of the Vault

t0 Leyline itself is already devastating to some decks. All we gotta do is get the Helm and accumulate 5 mana. Shouldnt be hard since after siding out combo cards all we got left is pretty much mana creators.
    You list main deck?

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    You list main deck?
    Same as yours. The one with 3 Manamorphoses and 1 Therapy. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmokPL View Post
    Same as yours. The one with 3 Manamorphoses and 1 Therapy. I like it.
    Yes 3 manamorphose and 1 Therapy is good

You win more game leyline +Helm?

Next time I test you side

I think 4 Belcher 4 led 4 spoil and 3 slot flex (rite of flame, tinder Wall, chancellor ecc) is best configuration side

Today I test 0 summoning pact and +3 Chancellor +1 manamorphose

4 1 and 4 1 in league

Very happy

Aug 2015
    The woods again

First of all, congratulations! It's a rare and beautiful thing to see "All My Spells" listed in the Legacy meta in 2018 on mtgtop8. Keep it up, yo!

So a couple of quick questions. Do you think your success is a product of the deck's power, the format's current potential/actual weakness against us, and/or a combination of the two?

My second question [EDIT: Not really a question at all, I guess] is for people interested in brewing something interesting, and it's a bit more complicated. I started playing this deck around 2014, and I shelved it for a few years with Underworld Cerberus as the primary wincon. I like the idea of using Garna to cut out a step in the combo, but I'm wondering whether it's better to be running fewer Cabal Therapies and more cards like Manamorphose that, in my experience, felt a bit weak and unreliable.

Here's what I'm considering:

4x Balustrade Spy
    4x Undercity Informer
    4x Bridge from Below
    4x Pact of Negation
    4x Lotus Petal
    4x Chrome Mox
    4x Elvish Spirit Guide
    4x Simian Spirit Guide
    4x Dark Ritual
    4x Cabal Ritual
    4x Street Wraith
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    3x Summoner's Pact
    3x Narcomoeba
    3x Cabal Therapy
    1x Dread Return
    1x Flame-Kin Zealot
    1x Manamorphose

SB:

4x Charbs
    4x Spoils of the Vault
    4x Lion's Eye Diamond
    1x Garna
    1x Lab Man
    1x Ingot Chewer (N.B.: I think you need this)

So we're not so worried about having Bridges or Narcos in hand, Chrome Mox has plenty of black cards, Cabal Therapy gets better, we don't have to use Manamorphose (card is really not good here), we can cut a whole bunch of steps out of our combo, and (maybe most importantly) we've got a bit more grindiness without losing speed. More vulnerable to Stifle and cards that stop attacks, but we don't target and we can afford to play draw-go rather than just go for broke.

Next step is to find a way to add Unmask without cutting our other disruption. [EDIT: Good against Surgical Extraction if we've got multiple Bridges.] And, of course, to find a ninth Rogue.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    First of all, congratulations! It's a rare and beautiful thing to see "All My Spells" listed in the Legacy meta in 2018 on mtgtop8. Keep it up, yo!

So a couple of quick questions. Do you think your success is a product of the deck's power, the format's current potential/actual weakness against us, and/or a combination of the two?

My second question [EDIT: Not really a question at all, I guess] is for people interested in brewing something interesting, and it's a bit more complicated. I started playing this deck around 2014, and I shelved it for a few years with Underworld Cerberus as the primary wincon. I like the idea of using Garna to cut out a step in the combo, but I'm wondering whether it's better to be running fewer Cabal Therapies and more cards like Manamorphose that, in my experience, felt a bit weak and unreliable.

Here's what I'm considering:

4x Balustrade Spy
    4x Undercity Informer
    4x Bridge from Below
    4x Pact of Negation
    4x Lotus Petal
    4x Chrome Mox
    4x Elvish Spirit Guide
    4x Simian Spirit Guide
    4x Dark Ritual
    4x Cabal Ritual
    4x Street Wraith
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    3x Summoner's Pact
    3x Narcomoeba
    3x Cabal Therapy
    1x Dread Return
    1x Flame-Kin Zealot
    1x Manamorphose

SB:

4x Charbs
    4x Spoils of the Vault
    4x Lion's Eye Diamond
    1x Garna
    1x Lab Man
    1x Ingot Chewer (N.B.: I think you need this)

So we're not so worried about having Bridges or Narcos in hand, Chrome Mox has plenty of black cards, Cabal Therapy gets better, we don't have to use Manamorphose (card is really not good here), we can cut a whole bunch of steps out of our combo, and (maybe most importantly) we've got a bit more grindiness without losing speed. More vulnerable to Stifle and cards that stop attacks, but we don't target and we can afford to play draw-go rather than just go for broke.

Next step is to find a way to add Unmask without cutting our other disruption. [EDIT: Good against Surgical Extraction if we've got multiple Bridges.] And, of course, to find a ninth Rogue.
    Interesting list.

When you transform side which cards you cut?

In this moment I play a version 4 pact of negation and 4 chancellor of annex main deck (i like chancellor green and next time test main deck) and my result yesterday is good

I think all spell is deck very potential in this meta. (if you get the bann deathtrite shaman it will become even stronger)

In this moment I play a version 4 pact of negation and 4 chancellor of annex main deck (i like chancellor green and next time test main deck) and my result yesterday is good

I think all spell is deck very potential in this meta. (if you get the bann deathtrite shaman it will become even stronger)
    I'm with you on this. And I'm putting my mouth where my words are and I'mplanning on playing the deck this weekend in a local tournament. Care to share your current list with the 4 PoN and Chancellors? I'm finding it difficult to find place for the 4 Chancellors.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    I'm with you on this. And I'm putting my mouth where my words are and I'mplanning on playing the deck this weekend in a local tournament. Care to share your current list with the 4 PoN and Chancellors? I'm finding it difficult to find place for the 4 Chancellors.
    4 balustrade
    4 undercity
    4 narcomoeba
    4 chancellor of annex
    4 simian spirit
    4 Elvis spirit
    2 Street w
    1 wild cantor
    1 garna

4 pact of negation
    4 summoning pact
    4 dark ritual
    4 cabal ritual
    3 manamorphose
    2 gitaxian
    1 dread return
    1 cabal therapy

4 lotus petal
    4 Chrome Mox

Side
    4 Belcher
    4 led
    4 spoils of vault
    3 rite of flame

Gl for a tournament. Write you report

Last minute change. Couldn't find the necessary set of Cabal Ritual and the local dealer didn't have them. So Turbo depths it was. With a complete fail as result. Oops would have been so good in this meta!
    I faced: Elves, Moon Stompy, Moon Stompy, Miracles, Infect & Moon Stompy. Won all the die rolls. A sad day it was...

Today 5 0

W all 2 0 vs reanimator br, bug delver, ant, sneak and show, eldrazi.
    Very nice

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Just stopping by after not looking at / tinkering with this deck for years, but is there a reason Rite of Flame is played over Tinder Wall in the belcher sideboard plan? It seems like there are a lot more Green IMSs than Red and the output is the same.

Edit:

You can also find it with Pact, or play it one turn crack it the next making it 'net' more mana over time
    Last edited by alphastryk; 06-12-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Just stopping by after not looking at / tinkering with this deck for years, but is there a reason Rite of Flame is played over Tinder Wall in the belcher sideboard plan? It seems like there are a lot more Green IMSs than Red and the output is the same.
    I play rite of flame because 2 rite is 4 mana for Belcher and 3 rite is 7 mana for Belcher active

Drs banned very happy!!

Ok out 4 gitaxian and in 4 chancellor of annex

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Drs banned very happy!!

Ok out 4 gitaxian and in 4 chancellor of annex
    Probably good to max out on Street Wraiths again, too. That or Manamorphose, out of place though I feel the card is.

EDIT: There's also Unmask.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Probably good to max out on Street Wraiths again, too. That or Manamorphose, out of place though I feel the card is.

EDIT: There's also Unmask.
    Write you list thanks

Jan 2010
    UK

without Drs deck can win so many more game 1's. After sb just side in Belcher combo for confusion. I'm maxing Wraiths and Manamorphose.

Which Chancellors you meant now caprino Annex or Tangle?

Thread Information