Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Oops, All Spells! (Formerly The Rogue Hermit)

Re: The Rogue Hermit

anyone got an updated list post ban? curious if anyones playing oops still

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    anyone got an updated list post ban? curious if anyones playing oops still
    The list on the last page is ok as long as you play the 4the Narcomoeba and 2nd Cabal Therapy instead of the 2 Unmasks.

https://youtu.be/juIom5zR1Mg

Video first game gp. Version azami

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    https://youtu.be/juIom5zR1Mg

Video first game gp. Version azami
    "That deck is not a deck".

That Pact was hilarious

I never played Azami/Angel version. is it better/worse than Garna?
    Last edited by AmokPL; 09-09-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Garna is IMO the best we have got in a long time :)

But I want to ask around, mby someone got a nice idea, what SB would be best .

Yes I know kinda evryone owing LED plays belcher, but to be honest I rly want to play All spells on the next big tournament here and kinda evryone expects Belcher (And I own many things but not a singl LED ^^)

While the last time I played this deck I faced many Chalice and therefore I used to play summoning trap plan.

And after looking through other forum, top8 lists etc., you can find soooo many different SB Plans : Hive mind, man plan list , hate with leylines and silent gravestone, or plans that used to get more mana.

But what else would be possible ? I think best would be to just SB a plan B but keep the possibility of comboing off .

Any ideas :) ?

Quote Originally Posted by FFreak View Post
    Garna is IMO the best we have got in a long time :)

But I want to ask around, mby someone got a nice idea, what SB would be best .

Yes I know kinda evryone owing LED plays belcher, but to be honest I rly want to play All spells on the next big tournament here and kinda evryone expects Belcher (And I own many things but not a singl LED ^^)

While the last time I played this deck I faced many Chalice and therefore I used to play summoning trap plan.

And after looking through other forum, top8 lists etc., you can find soooo many different SB Plans : Hive mind, man plan list , hate with leylines and silent gravestone, or plans that used to get more mana.

But what else would be possible ? I think best would be to just SB a plan B but keep the possibility of comboing off .

Any ideas :) ?
    The best SB plan is to have modular acceleration and disruption, I tend to SB one or both Chancellors for when I am on the play because I know the EV of the cards are higher when he can’t play a land before my first turn or I can’t top deck either before my second turn. Likewise I SB Unmask and Summonerks Trap for when I am on the draw because I know the EV of the cards is higher when I have an extra card to pitch or my opponent has counter spells, he falls for the trap game 2 and then plays around the trap game 3 by countering my mana and letting me rebuild.

Constantly adjust your disruption for optimal play, you can also run Sutured Ghoul/Dragon’s Breath to cut as many slots as possible for disruption and mana (also why I think 4 Narc and 1 Bridge is better than 3 Narc and 2 Bridge since the first lets you cut a Bridge post board)
    Last edited by Final Fortune; 09-11-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Interesithing things.

So how much disruption u plan main / SB ?

And also, why not just run 4 narc instead of 4 and 1 bridge ? u run more cabal therapy ?

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Constantly adjust your disruption for optimal play, you can also run Sutured Ghoul/Dragon’s Breath to cut as many slots as possible for disruption and mana (also why I think 4 Narc and 1 Bridge is better than 3 Narc and 2 Bridge since the first lets you cut a Bridge post board)
    as much as I love Sutured Ghoul I don't think being a graveyard based combo and sideboarding another graveyard based combo instead is a good choice.

I mostly love this list :
    http://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD28091S/

Just no Stronghold Gambit in SB , and I think I want some more disruption main : 4 pacts , 2 chancelor main and 2 surgical.
    This list has to play 4 street wraiths :)

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/lotleth-giant/
    Don't even play the deck but doesn't this slot right in?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/lotleth-giant/
    Don't even play the deck but doesn't this slot right in?
    Definitely feels like it, yeah - this allows us to cut down to just one card for the combo package, right? Is there any reason to run Garna/angel/etc over this?

I can't see why not.

I haven't had the deck a while, and this is making me want to play it again.

Being able to trim cards out of the combo really helps the deck. Basically need to make sure you have enough creatures for the kill. Street wraiths, spirit guides, and narcos+rogues do it i think.

Open up space for counterspells/pacts etc

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by compacta_d View Post
    I can't see why not.

I haven't had the deck a while, and this is making me want to play it again.

Being able to trim cards out of the combo really helps the deck. Basically need to make sure you have enough creatures for the kill. Street wraiths, spirit guides, and narcos+rogues do it i think.

Open up space for counterspells/pacts etc
    One thing to consider is that Laboratory Maniac is extremely difficult to interact with. It's definitely simpler to just use one card for the combo, but being able to dodge Stifles, Leylines of Sanctity, etc. is relevant.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    One thing to consider is that Laboratory Maniac is extremely difficult to interact with. It's definitely simpler to just use one card for the combo, but being able to dodge Stifles, Leylines of Sanctity, etc. is relevant.
    Mm, I hadn't thought about Leyline, although we still lose to Stifle because they can just stifle the Spy trigger, right? (Of course, we have a chance to rebuild in that case - I don't play the deck often, so I'm not sure how feasible rebuilding is.)

What other things does Lab Man play through that Giant can't? I guess it's weak to Misdirection, too? :P

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by notkevin View Post
    Mm, I hadn't thought about Leyline, although we still lose to Stifle because they can just stifle the Spy trigger, right?
    Yeah, that's true; I sorta (totally) forgot that our opponents can hit us earlier in the combo than at the Lab Man stage. Worth mentioning, though, that if they've got doubles, we're out of luck if we're not running redundant countermagic, or a Lab Man and multiple Street Wraiths.

For the sake of clarity, I feel like I should mention that I was referring to Leyline of Sanctity, not Leyline of the Void (which is a blowout regardless).

Quote Originally Posted by notkevin View Post
    What other things does Lab Man play through that Giant can't? I guess it's weak to Misdirection, too? :P
    I've been day-drinking, so I'm probably not in a position to give a comprehensive answer, but I'm also interested in pursuing this.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Giant targets, it's a come into play effect. Misdirection would be good to just redirect the dread return target to a spirit guide. :)

Leyline of Sanctity and glacial chasm are the two cards that you'd really want Maniac.

Revoker can stop the Maniac builds. The other argument for Maniac builds was to dodge removal. I'm not sure those matter if the kill is now just a single card with a come into play effect.

There is some potential to not deal 20 if you run out of guys in graveyard. Just build accordingly.
    -rob

After the gitaxian bann list that you are playing? Someone who writes their own list. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmokPL View Post
    as much as I love Sutured Ghoul I don't think being a graveyard based combo and sideboarding another graveyard based combo instead is a good choice.
    The Belcher plan is garbage, the people who advocate for it apparently don’t realize how much your win rate drops by playing a strictly worse Belcher deck and casting Spoils of the Vault.

Lotleth Giant looks great,

4 Balustrade Spy
    4 Undercity Informer
    4 Narcomoeba
    1 Dreadreturn
    1 Lotleth Giant
    4 Pact of Negation
    4 Chancellor of the Annex
    1 Cabal Therapy
    4 Street Wraith
    4 Chancellor of the Tangle
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Summoner’s Pact
    1 Wild Cantor
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual

34 creatures, well out of any life gaining abilities.

SB

4 Unmask
    4 Nature’s Claim
    4 Natural State
    3 Emerald Charm
    Last edited by Final Fortune; 09-15-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I think wild chancellor is actually wild cantor.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    The Belcher plan is garbage, the people who advocate for it apparently don’t realize how much your win rate drops by playing a strictly worse Belcher deck and casting Spoils of the Vault.

Lotleth Giant looks great,

4 Balustrade Spy
    4 Undercity Informer
    4 Narcomoeba
    1 Dreadreturn
    1 Lotleth Giant
    4 Pact of Negation
    4 Chancellor of the Annex
    1 Cabal Therapy
    4 Street Wraith
    4 Chancellor of the Tangle
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Summoner’s Pact
    1 Wild Chancellor
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual

34 creatures, well out of any life gaining abilities.

SB

4 Unmask
    4 Nature’s Claim
    4 Natural State
    3 Emerald Charm
    You side in all 15 cards in G2 and G3?

Thread Information