Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1143

Thread: Oops, All Spells! (Formerly The Rogue Hermit)

Re: The Rogue Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by compacta_d View Post
    is a GB creature worth a slot for Summoner's Pact into Chrome mox? Like Spanish Inquisition does?
    And which creature are you thinking about?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

-rob

Tinder Wall is hot garbage, I don't see how that card can be better than Chancellor of the Tangle. I've kind of given up on Once Upon a Time as well, you can't keep a hand without a win condition regardless - it's just an over glorified Street Wraith.

If we have to change something I would pomdria the summer veil.
    that you hang on the veil of summer

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by gato con botas View Post
    If we have to change something I would pomdria the summer veil.
    that you hang on the veil of summer
    I—uh, I genuinely don't know what that means.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Could you use Creeping Chill

good guys
    I'm using Mirri's Guile I've been two
    I'm good enough
    try them you

Saw orim67 go 5-0 with oops, is there an oops discord somewhere where people can discuss sideboard strats?

could you post your deck if it is misspelled is that I use a translator

Hi
    this weekend I played a 40-person tournament I made a 4/2 the only change of the deck is that I put 2 Mirri's Guile and 2 ounce upon time
    and it went pretty well for 6 rounds I just lost 2 and I lost both of them doing a 1/2

Hey boys! We're getting Zendikar Resurgent spoilers, and these bad boys look like they might kick Rogue Hermit into a different plane of existence.

It looks like this set has two lands of each color of this kind. They're dual-faced cards that you can choose to play as lands, but they count as spells in all other zones. This means that Rogue Hermit can play 8 ETB swamps, plus some number of other similar lands. While coming into play tapped hurts, the extra consistency added by having 8 swamps in the deck is nothing to sneeze at. Can we now run 8 swamps and 8 islands and make ourselves into a deck more closely resembling Doomsday?

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    While coming into play tapped hurts, the extra consistency added by having 8 swamps in the deck is nothing to sneeze at. Can we now run 8 swamps and 8 islands and make ourselves into a deck more closely resembling Doomsday?
    It's worth testing, but I doubt that will help the deck. This deck's only asset is its speed, so slowing down to Turn 3 or Turn 4 needs to deliver massive flexibility benefits to be worth it. I think the focus should be on postboard plans. A slow graveyard strategy isn't going to be able to beat graveyard hate, so I think a transformational sideboard would be necessary, which is difficult with the number of must-play cards in the main.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    It's worth testing, but I doubt that will help the deck. This deck's only asset is its speed, so slowing down to Turn 3 or Turn 4 needs to deliver massive flexibility benefits to be worth it. I think the focus should be on postboard plans. A slow graveyard strategy isn't going to be able to beat graveyard hate, so I think a transformational sideboard would be necessary, which is difficult with the number of must-play cards in the main.
    I had, for some time, tinkered with adding stuff to increase consistency and blue count to run Force and Pact at the same time. Might start doing that again when I get these flippy lands. I made a post with a tentative list and the (very limited) goldfishing rates a few pages back.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub

Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    The mythic cycle is untapped if you bolt yourself, per the white one being spoiled.

The mythic black one should be an autoinclude in this deck; initial black sources can be a problem.

i.redd.it/lao2kiygbtk51.jpg

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by reeplcheep View Post
    the mythic cycle is untapped if you bolt yourself, per the white one being spoiled.

The mythic black one should be an autoinclude in this deck; initial black sources can be a problem.

I.redd.it/lao2kiygbtk51.jpg
    WOAH. That's pretty cool!

Omae wa mou shindeiru

The pseudo Swamp is really exciting, in addition to being 4 permanent black mana sources it also feeds Chrome Mox and Unmask. The pseudo Forest might be playable in the SB as well, for Force of Vigor and Nature's Claim. This is better than a Zombie Spirit Guide for us, I'll be damned.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

I'm JACKED. This set's gonna be awesome.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

From the ground up thinking about this deck with the new spell-lands you could potentially plan something like this:

Turn 1 - Black Spell/Land
    Turn 2 - Spell/Land + Discard
    Turn 3 - [Untapped Spell/Land + Accel] or [Dark Ritual] + [FOW or Unmask] + Card to discard to previous card + Informer/Spy

So something like:

18 Spell-Lands
    - 6 Tapped Black Spell/Land
    - 4 Untapped Black Spell/Land
    - 4 Untapped Blue Spell/Land
    - 4 Tapped Blue Spell/Land

12 Acceleration
    -4 Dark Ritual
    -4 Chrome Mox
    -4 Lotus Petal

15 Combo
    -4 Informer
    -4 Spy
    -4 Narcombeia
    -2 Thassa's Oracle
    -1 Dread Return

7 Discard
    -4 Thought Seize
    -1 Cabal Therapy
    -2 Duress

-4 FOW (including the spell lands you currently have 18 blue spells, which is barely enough for FOW)
    -4 Unmask
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Black bolt-land confirmed. It reanimates dudes, too. Did we just get literally the exact card this deck needed (give or take 2 black mana)?

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Thread Information